Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 254
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60030
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47616
pyramider46370
bambino40340
CryptKicker37092
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 07-31-2022, 02:27 PM   #46
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
You called me a simpleton and implied you bitch slapped me.

Remember, there is no room in this forum for talk like that...
Sorry WTF, I was distracted for a few posts conversing with the adults in the room... now what were you whining about?

Quote:
So please quit lying or continue to do so and I'll continue to bitch slap you regularly.
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 02:39 PM   #47
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Here is an opinion piece by French-American economist Veronique de Rugy, arguing that large subsidies to the domestic chipmaking industry are unnecessary and unwarranted, and that we should instead focus on ensuring that destructive regulatory excesses do not impede its growth prospects.

https://reason.com/2022/07/28/the-ch...strial-policy/
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 02:56 PM   #48
lustylad
BANNED

Default "We Have to Pass the Bill to Find Out What's In It"

Quote:
...are you for tax subsidies to our Tech companies or not?
Quote:
So do you propose we subsidize our chip makers and help defend Taiwan?
That's two questions. I already stated I support helping Taiwan defend itself militarily.

As for the chips bill, have you read it? I haven't. I can't support any bill I haven't read. Only a simple-minded simpleton would do that.

Plus I am painfully aware of how dim-retards always stuff "poison pills" into their legislation, forcing Republicans to choose between passing truly awful, wasteful and damaging provisions (that wouldn't stand a chance of being enacted on their own merits) or voting down the entire bill.

Of course, if I was a simple-minded simpleton none of that would matter. I would simply follow my partisan boss's orders and not stray from my simple-minded talking points.
Old 07-31-2022, 04:49 PM   #49
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Sorry WTF, I was distracted for a few posts conversing with the adults in the room... now what were you whining about?
Adults in the room?

Did yall decide you on top or bottom?

Funny how you have to get an old quote to compare to you recent quote.

Now listen up once again...the forum powers to be are not putting up with your tomfoolery.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 04:55 PM   #50
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
That's two questions. I already stated I support helping Taiwan defend itself militarily.

As for the chips bill, have you read it? I haven't. I can't support any bill I haven't read. Only a simple-minded simpleton would do that.

Plus I am painfully aware of how dim-retards always stuff "poison pills" into their legislation, forcing Republicans to choose between passing truly awful, wasteful and damaging provisions (that wouldn't stand a chance of being enacted on their own merits) or voting down the entire bill.

Of course, if I was a simple-minded simpleton none of that would matter. I would simply follow my partisan boss's orders and not stray from my simple-minded talking points.
Are you trying to get us to believe you read every bill from start to finish before commenting either yea or nay?

I would have to call bullshit on that caca.

One would have to be an arrogant SOB to try and sell that nonsense.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:03 PM   #51
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian View Post
Here is an opinion piece by French-American economist Veronique de Rugy, arguing that large subsidies to the domestic chipmaking industry are unnecessary and unwarranted, and that we should instead focus on ensuring that destructive regulatory excesses do not impede its growth prospects.

Oh the French part of the French-Amercian is going to drive Tiny bat shit .

Maybe after reading this article lustylad will pretend he read the bill and come out against it.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:26 PM   #52
lustylad
BANNED

Default Speaking of Calling Out Bullshit...

Quote:
Are you trying to get us to believe you read every bill from start to finish before commenting either yea or nay?

I would have to call bullshit...

For most of us, the reason(s) behind the "yea" or "nay" are as important as the way someone votes.

But not to a simple-minded simpleton.

All you care about is trying (without success) to make your intellectual betters look bad. If they support any part of this bill, you'll slam them for favoring "corporate welfare". If they oppose it, you'll mock them for agreeing with Bernie Sanders.

That's what trolls do. They have zero interest in a rational or nuanced discussion that actually advances anyone's thinking.

How about this - I support a level playing field for chipmakers and oppose corporate giveaways. Now go read the fucking bill and tell me how I should vote consistent with those principles.
Old 07-31-2022, 06:20 PM   #53
lustylad
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Contrarian View Post

Good article, thanks.

I'm trying to reconcile the following two statements:

1. "There is no significant capacity or capability problem for the U.S., which is dominant in every segment of the industry except one." (de Rugy)

2. "TSMC now makes around 92% of the world’s most sophisticated chips... Most of the roughly 1.4 billion smartphone processors world-wide are made by TSMC.

It makes as much as 60% of the less-sophisticated microcontrollers that car makers need as their vehicles become more automated..."
(WSJ)

Is it possible de Rugy is counting chips designed by US firms but outsourced to/manufactured by TSMC as US market share?
Old 07-31-2022, 06:41 PM   #54
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

interesting article about the taiwanese chips. didn't know they were that capital intensive. I did remember reading how Intel was gonna invest something like 1 billion in building a chip factory.

now its 17 billion or more? holey moley!

I thought the reason all the chips made there were because of labor and material costs were cheaper and taxes and govt. regulations being a factor as well.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 07:57 AM   #55
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
For most of us, the reason(s) behind the "yea" or "nay" are as important as the way someone votes.

But not to a simple-minded simpleton.

All you care about is trying (without success) to make your intellectual betters look bad. If they support any part of this bill, you'll slam them for favoring "corporate welfare". If they oppose it, you'll mock them for agreeing with Bernie Sanders.

That's what trolls do. They have zero interest in a rational or nuanced discussion that actually advances anyone's thinking.

How about this - I support a level playing field for chipmakers and oppose corporate giveaways. Now go read the fucking bill and tell me how I should vote consistent with those principles.
I thought you read every bill before commenting...so have you read the bill?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Level playing field?

So are you a proponent of a world wide union? World wide minimum wage? What is this level playing field from which you speak. So we have a one world wide tax applying to all countries.

Give me your analysis on say Boeing vs Airbus. What % of government kindness is Boeing given vs Airbus?

What fields do we level? All fields?

Is our form of government set up to compete in this new world order?

Do we need a more of a strongman version much like Russia, China, Turkey....

Explain your nuanced views, please.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-06-2022, 08:00 AM   #56
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

Have you read the bill yet?

Or are you still straddling the fence?
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women