Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70483
biomed161061
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453041
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47783
pyramider46370
bambino40447
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-02-2011, 11:02 PM   #46
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

No idea to be honest. Most stories just say "the courier's name" and don't distinguish whether it was his real name or a code name. I'm thinking code name probably. Regardless, it was the first all important bread crumb that led us to OBL.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:08 PM   #47
SinsOfTheFlesh
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 54993
My ECCIE Reviews

PS. I forgot to add that I thought Obama calling both former Presidents Clinton and Bush personally to tell them that we got Bin Laden before he addressed the nation last night was the height of class act.

I have criticized Obama on previous occasions for what I perceived as a lack of class, but last night, I thought that was true class.

It really does make me re-evaluate my opinion of Obama. I still have no plans to vote for him, but I respect him a hell of alot more because of how he handled this.
SinsOfTheFlesh is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 PM   #48
Thequeen
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 32517
My ECCIE Reviews

Longer "Which is sure to enrage the tinfoil hat crowd"

Im not enraged and I love tinfoil hats.. Please dont put me in a crowd like this..... I just use them to keep the aliens from getting me.... lol
Thequeen is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:55 AM   #49
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

"Mohammed did not discuss al-Kuwaiti while being subjected to the simulated drowning technique known as waterboarding, former officials said. He acknowledged knowing him many months later under standard interrogation, they said, leaving it once again up for debate as to whether the harsh technique was a valuable tool or an unnecessarily violent tactic."

Courier's name is reported to possibly be Abu Ahmad al-Kuwaiti. Thanks WikiLeaks!

From what I can gather, there are 3 Al-Qaeda bad guys that might have given up his name or nickname. Some were detained in CIA prisons. Some were detained in Gitmo. Some were waterboarded. Some were subjected to "enhanced interrogation techniques" OTHER THAN waterboarding.

I'm just saying that you need to be careful not to get misled by statements like, "The courier was identified after a high-value detainee was subject to enhanced interrogation techniques."
1) 'After' could mean years after.
2) Enhanced interrogation techniques may or may not include waterboarding.
3) A high-value detainee could be one of several guys in a few locations.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:56 PM   #50
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Sorry sins of the flesh, it wasn't the Height of classy, it was almost the height of classy. The height of classy would have been to give credit publicly.

Imagine your favorite QB after a record setting game. The microphone is put in his face and he tells the world "it was all me baby", "yeah, some other guys were hanging around on the field but I did it all.", "you know I put this team together by myself." He would look like an arrogant jerk. White House pay no attention to this good advice; Obama would go over so much better if they banned the use of the words "I" and "me" for a few months.
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #51
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I hate to be the buster but KC Joe probably was listening to Mike Shanin since he said the exact same quote on the radio about 20 minutes before KC Joe posted it.
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:59 PM   #52
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

No matter what POTUS does, there's always going to be people who will find the slightest thing to bitch about.

Face it, POTUS gave credit where credit was due. Get over it. We came, we saw, we conquered.

I will ask my question again since no one answered it before..........if it had been McCain doing the same thing as POTUS and said the same words as POTUS, would you be saying the same thing?
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #53
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_galt View Post
I hate to be the buster but KC Joe probably was listening to Mike Shanin since he said the exact same quote on the radio about 20 minutes before KC Joe posted it.
Haven't listen to him all week, but I know there is no changing your mind once you've decided something.
KCJoe is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:55 AM   #54
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Sorry sins of the flesh, it wasn't the Height of classy, it was almost the height of classy. The height of classy would have been to give credit publicly.

Imagine your favorite QB after a record setting game. The microphone is put in his face and he tells the world "it was all me baby", "yeah, some other guys were hanging around on the field but I did it all.", "you know I put this team together by myself." He would look like an arrogant jerk. White House pay no attention to this good advice; Obama would go over so much better if they banned the use of the words "I" and "me" for a few months.
"Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who’ve worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice.
We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country. And they are part of a generation that has borne the heaviest share of the burden since that September day."

You must have missed this. I bet you missed Obama singing the praises of two Korean War vets THE VERY NEXT DAY as he awarded them Medals of Honor.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #55
Longermonger
Valued Poster

"Now, I have to say that as Commander-in-Chief, I could not be prouder of our men and women in uniform. That is true now, in today's wars. It has been true in all of our wars. And it is why we are here today."

This is part of his speech before presenting the Medals of Honor. Do you object to the 'I' in "I could not be prouder of our men and women in uniform."?!?!?
Old 05-04-2011, 06:45 AM   #56
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Same shit stirred up by the same haters. Everyone is entitled to free speech, but it often just proves you're a self-centered idiot.
BigMikeinKC is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:46 AM   #57
Guest052813-01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

For additional entertainment value, these two quotes courtesy of Nancy Pelosi:

============================== ================
Here’s Nancy Pelosi from a press conference on September 7, 2006:
[E]ven if [Osama bin Laden] is caught tomorrow, it is five years too late. He has done more damage the longer he has been out there. But, in fact, the damage that he has done . . . is done. And even to capture him now I don’t think makes us any safer.
And here’s Nancy Pelosi yesterday:
The death of Osama bin Laden marks the most significant development in our fight against al-Qaida. . . . I salute President Obama, his national security team, Director Panetta, our men and women in the intelligence community and military, and other nations who supported this effort for their leadership in achieving this major accomplishment. . . . [T]he death of Osama bin Laden is historic. . . .

============================== =

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/20...%0Ancy-pelosi/
Guest052813-01 is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:45 AM   #58
kcmark
Gaining Momentum

Fritz, Galt et al: you and your ilk hate democrats we get that...but if you are going to quote them get the whole quote. Mrs. Pelosi called Fmr President Bush to thank him also...
House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (Calif.) said she called former President George W. Bush on Tuesday to congratulate him on the capture and killing of Osama bin Laden.

Following a classified briefing on the operation to take down bin Laden, Pelosi told reporters that she called the former president earlier in the day to "congratulate him and thank him for the leadership role he had played in this quest over the years."

Pelosi was Speaker of the House for two years while Bush was in the White House.

Pelosi said she thought Bush appreciated the call.

“I wanted him to know the appreciation that many of us have in a bipartisan way ... that his role was important," she said.

The top-ranking House Democrat said that she also telephoned former President Clinton to voice appreciation.

You and people like yourselfs are the problem with this country...
Stacy (sins of flesh) and I have chatted often on politics and while we dont agree on all things we can have a civil discussion and have reached many mutual agreements on differing positions....so its possible but you have to get your head out of your ass and think that only one side is correct...
kcmark is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #59
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:

John it's people like YOU that we will never get anywhere in this world as a unity. Obama gave praises to Bush in his speech and even called former Presidents Bush and Clinton. If he were so much into his ego would he have called either one of those guys? Also, Obama is visiting 9-11 Ground Zero tomorrow and he called Bush to join him- again if he was egotistical would he have offered Bush to come along? Bush declined and I am not mad at him for declining because Bush has pretty much stayed out of the limelight- unlike the former VP. Obama has handled this as a class act. Obama did not lie in anything he said- he mentioned all parties that were involved and by the way had Obama did a failed mission you would be all over this and called him incompetent. People like you- Rush and Laura Ingram are people who like idiots and can't give credit where credit is due. I even gave Fox news credit because they gave the President his due- even Hannity and Rudy Gulliani of all people said what the President did was courageous and both Hannity and Gulliani gave President credit for a job well done. Gait- man up dude and stop being a sour grape.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #60
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default feels he has to

Galt has no existence or being if he doesn't act like an ignorant provacateur.

Total polar opposite to the Dos Equis guy.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women