Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
test
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 646
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 393
Harley Diablo 375
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 275
George Spelvin 263
sharkman29 255
Top Posters
DallasRain70716
biomed162672
Yssup Rider60416
gman4453229
LexusLover51038
offshoredrilling48458
WTF48267
pyramider46370
bambino41710
CryptKicker37183
Mokoa36491
Chung Tran36100
The_Waco_Kid36064
Still Looking35944
Mojojo33117

Old 08-07-2015, 04:31 PM   #46
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Lengua View Post
I sure as HELL won't be spewing any of the dreck that you lying liberals say is YOUR version of the "truth" if that's what your hoping for woomby. I have the courage of my convictions woomby. Just like your "convictions" to expand your 'holes franchises, keep getting those "ropey loads" and keep getting your fudge packed ! And who are you to talk about another persons bravery ya swishy walking fag ? You STILL haven't answered the simple question of how much time you've spent in the military in the service " to " your country. And marching in the gay pride parades in your rainbow thong with yur rainbow feather boa does NOT constitute service to your country, woomby. So we can take it that a puto mojado sin papeles tried to get in before
" Don't ask, Don't tell" and was REJECTED ? You sure do get rejected a lot in your miserable life woomby !!
You're a disgrace. There's no 'version' of the truth, you imbecile. The truth doesn't have any 'versions'. Your convictions are incorrect. They have led you astray. I suppose every night, before you go to sleep, you talk to yourself, don't you?
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #47
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
I readily accept the world exists in multiple shades of grey. That very fact allows me to posit this thought; did you ever stop and think that those who extolled the virtues of dropping the bomb were not disclosing their true personal feelings? Perhaps they felt they were not in a position to say anything different. People in positions of power, even now, are not at liberty to present their true feelings on a certain subject and so they say what is expected. Do we think that phenomenon just started last week? This is the problem with people like IB, they do not understand nuance and therefore are locked into the words that someone said, unable to understand WHY they might have said them.

True. Which is why ADM Leahy's words must be put through the same filter.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:43 PM   #48
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post

True. Which is why ADM Leahy's words must be put through the same filter.
That's true. His words came in his memoirs. He died less than 15 years after the war ended. It would seem that it was the perfect time to tell the truth about what really happened. We didn't need to drop the bomb. We dropped it for several reasons, none of them worthy of the outcome. We sent a message to the USSR. In this thread, some have contended there would have been an uproar over the spending of that much money with no payoff. And yet today, we don't bat an eye when the military scraps a billion dollar project. People go on and on about the potential losses, but we don't know that. Those are estimates at best.
Old 08-07-2015, 05:53 PM   #49
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
You're a disgrace. There's no 'version' of the truth, you imbecile. The truth doesn't have any 'versions'. Your convictions are incorrect. They have led you astray. I suppose every night, before you go to sleep, you talk to yourself, don't you?
Not everyone is afflicted with your mental issues woomby, so NO , I don't talk to myself before I go to sleep like you do. And you libs SURELY have your "version" of the truth. " It depends on what the definition of "is" is ! " One of your liberal heroes and fellow Arkansan, Slick Willy Clinton, uttered those words while being investigated for lying to Federal investigators over his sexual predation of women while he was occupying the White House ! So you lying liberals sure as hell have your "version" of the truth. Just like Shrillary claiming she "was under sniper fire at Kosovo" and Al Gore claiming to be the inventor of the internet. And YOU probably BELIEVE all of those lies as the gospel according to the Libs ! The only disgrace on this site is you woomby. A disgrace to your family and to all who meet you.
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #50
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Not everyone is afflicted with your mental issues woomby, so NO , I don't talk to myself before I go to sleep like you do. And you libs SURELY have your "version" of the truth. " It depends on what the definition of "is" is ! " One of your liberal heroes and fellow Arkansan, Slick Willy Clinton, uttered those words while being investigated for lying to Federal investigators over his sexual predation of women while he was occupying the White House ! So you lying liberals sure as hell have your "version" of the truth. Just like Shrillary claiming she "was under sniper fire at Kosovo" and Al Gore claiming to be the inventor of the internet. And YOU probably BELIEVE all of those lies as the gospel according to the Libs ! The only disgrace on this site is you woomby. A disgrace to your family and to all who meet you.
You don't want to meet me, you disgraced cocksucker. I've said it before, Bill is a piece of shit. So is Hillary. So what? Just as many republican pieces of shit, so what's your point? You are stupid. What's more, you don't even know how stupid you are. That's how stupid you are. And you're being used by your conservative overlords. They bank on you being a dumbass. They use fear to control you. They tell you Obama is coming for your guns, which he has not. They tell you all kinds of lies that you believe.
Old 08-07-2015, 07:04 PM   #51
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtown4488 View Post
....yet the only country to use nuclear weapons against civilians has been the us.
Let's keep it that way. Said Obama never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post

The Japanese Army was ready to do the same thing in defense of the home islands that they had done on almost every island invaded by the US....engage in a no-quarter asked, none given fight to the finish with US forces. An invasion of Japan would have resulted in hundreds of thousands of US casualties. And, as somebody else noted, once you've spent a billion dollars developing a new weapon, you're damn sure going to use it if it is going to prevent those types of casualties. ....
Except for the sheer numbers, the Japanese atrocities was just as bad as the Germans. Ask the Chinese.

This thread comes up about every five years. Fuck the 1940's Japanese.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:20 PM   #52
lustylad
Premium Access

Encounters: 9

Here is another first-person account from a US serviceman held prisoner for 3 years by the Japanese.

So who do you want to believe - Lester Tenney? Or the freelance faggot libtarded grubered America-hating revisionist Odumbo minion sewer rat from Arkansas?

Watching the Atomic Bomb Blast as a POW Near Nagasaki

We prisoners know the blasts were necessary to end the war. No Japanese soldier or civilian was preparing to surrender in August 1945.

By LESTER TENNEY
Updated Aug. 7, 2015 6:46 p.m. ET

What does it mean to fight to the end? In April 1942, it meant fighting until my tank battalion and I were forced to surrender at the Battle of Bataan. For everything else that followed I only fought to survive: the Bataan Death March, brutal transport aboard a “hell ship” to Japan, and slave labor in a Mitsui coal mine.

For my imperial Japanese enemy, in contrast, to fight to the end meant to give his life in a presumably noble and glorious fashion. He would die for the emperor—who ruled by divine right—confident that he would be enshrined with his ancestors for his efforts in defense of a mythic civilization. There could be no surrender and no negotiated peace. Death itself was beautiful, and death alone was honorable.

The atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki on Aug. 6 and 9, 1945, upended this belief. The bombs showed the Japanese the devastating and ultimately inglorious outcome of their fight. The bombs offered no true opportunity for confrontation and no chance of death with honor; they promised only obliteration.

Like its erstwhile ally Nazi Germany, Japan was fighting an ideological war. A superior race was destined to guide those less graced. Death for the empire earned a blessed afterlife in the emperor-god’s eternal favor. For a loyal subject, surrender was a betrayal of everything that sustained the empire’s system of patriotic values. The only option in the face of certain battlefield defeat was to fight to the death.

Japan tried to keep fighting long after any chance of victory was gone. On the mainland, women, children and the elderly were armed with sharpened bamboo sticks. Beginning in May 1945, schools for disabled children were ordered to organize military units and women ordered to serve in volunteer combat units. Young men were recruited by the hundreds for kamikaze missions aboard wooden gliders or small boats.

The country’s infamous biological-weapons research program was hard at work concocting flea-borne plague agents to float by submarine and balloon toward populated American shores. By the late spring of 1945, some incendiary explosives called fugo had already landed on the West Coast.

On Okinawa during the 82-day battle from early April to mid-June 1945, the Japanese military instructed civilians to fight and die rather than surrender to the advancing U.S. forces. Civilian households, comprised almost entirely of women and children, were given grenades and encouraged to destroy themselves along with any Americans they might encounter. Many did.

In the late spring of 1945, I saw that the cruelty with which we prisoners of war were treated was only increasing. Our guards told us that Japanese units facing attack had received orders to kill all military and civilian POWs in their custody. They were to unburden themselves to focus on the fight. The executions were to begin Aug. 17.

No Japanese soldier or civilian was preparing to surrender that August.

Early on the morning of Aug. 9, from the POW camp where I was held some 30 miles across a bay, I saw the sky over Nagasaki change. It glowed red and the air turned warm against my skin.

Until then, red was the color of my subjugation. My Japanese guards were certain that red had a uniquely Japanese meaning. It wasn’t just the central color of their flag, it was viewed as emotionally representative of their pure spirit and sincerity. The red sky over Nagasaki ended those illusions.

At that moment, I made a bet with a friend that soon we would all be set free. I was right.

Japan’s surrender saved us. The dropping of the bombs, as Emperor Hirohito himself acknowledged, was the only thing that made that surrender possible. As he explained to his subjects, “Should we continue to fight, it would only result in the ultimate collapse and obliteration of the Japanese nation.” The bombs inflicted indiscriminate, total devastation, as no battle or bombing before, showing the consequences of trying to fight to the end. The bombings destroyed hope and glory, past and future.

It’s also true that the bombings were acts of tragic and unprecedented violence. The bomb—this “cruel weapon,” as the stunned emperor recorded in his surrender message on Aug. 15—ruined two cities, brought suffering and death to many tens of thousands of people and drastically altered landscapes and ecologies. Its use also transformed the nature of modern warfare and erased the last faint lines separating civilian and military, illegitimate and legitimate targets.

We POWs—men who were starved and tortured, who suffocated in the holds of hell ships, who were beaten at will, who died for lack of medical care, and who saw friends worked to death—have no doubt that the atomic bombs ended the war. The bombs took away all the justifications for Japan to continue to fight.

The visual obliteration of Hiroshima and Nagasaki showed that Japan could soon cease to exist. Or as the emperor concluded, “the war situation has developed not necessarily to Japan’s advantage, while the general trends of the world have all turned against her interest.” There would be no glorious end.

Mr. Tenney served in the 192nd Tank Battalion of the U.S. Army.

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 08:30 PM   #53
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
It figures that woomby the swishy walking "social dumbascrap" would want to rewrite history like all libs do and toe the odumbo apologist party line.
I lived on Okinawa in the late 70's and saw the battle fields. Especially the Shuri Castle area and Sugar Loaf Hill. If woomby had any Marine friends, they could tell him what a meat grinder that was for, first the Army, then the Marines to take and secure. Ask any surviving Marine that fought there if they would have wanted to go on to mainland Japan for more of what they had just experienced. It's real easy for swishy walking pacifists to condemn the actions THAT SAVED LIVES ON BOTH SIDES after the fact out of THEIR guilt, especially when THEY weren't there, wouldn't have gone into the service FOR their country had they been alive at the time, and condem those that DID go to SERVE THEIR COUNTRY in a time of war THAT WE DIDN'T START. In the view of people like woomby, all of those starving, emaciated POW's were expendable if we could have just found a more "polite and PC" way of "negotiating" with the Japanese. woomby's ilk would not care that orders had been given to all of the POW camp commanders to execute ALL POW's in the event of an invasion. In the mind of the swishy walking liberals, it would have been better to negotiate with them like odummer and Lurch Kerry did with the Iranians and give THEM everything THEY wanted as terms for surrender. " It's always easy to pat yourself on the back after you've done a horrible thing that you're convinced needed doing." And it's even easier for liberal social dumbascrap history revisionist to question and second guess decisions made by their betters to stop a war that the lying, swishy walking liberals wouldn't have fought to begin with. This veteran says FUCK YOU WOOMBY !! Tu pinche mamalon y maricone y mojado mentiroso !! Puto tambien !!!
+1

Quote:
Of course you haven't. And you won't. As usual, you missed the entire goddamn point. It's not about being ashamed or feeling regret. The japanese were done. The reason we dropped the bomb was to let the USSR know we had it and weren't afraid to use it. The japanese people paid the price for that demonstration.
Stalin knew the U.S. had the bomb, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. The existence of the bomb influenced Stalin's Far East war policy and his timetable for the Soviet invasion of Manchuria, Sakhalin and the Kuril Islands, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.

Quote:
If you're a veteran, you disgrace yourself and every veteran with every goddamn idiotic post you make. Have some goddamn pride in yourself and look at what you're doing.
You're intellectually, morally and civically unfit to make that judgment about someone who actually did serve, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...yam224334.html

They paid the price for picking a fight with a Country who in the past had proven that they had the resolve to do what ever it took to win.
+1

Quote:
funny how were all high an mighty about stopping nuclear proliferation and stopping terrorist that kill civilians, yet the only country to use nuclear weapons against civilians has been the us.
Just in case you missed gnadfly's post the first time, suckclown:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post

Except for the sheer numbers, the Japanese atrocities were just as bad as the Germans. Ask the Chinese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I understand that you're a little light in the loafers and now we know that you're a little light in history. The Japanese were finished....really? The Japanese were finished on Okinawa and they cost us plenty of lives and almost all of theirs to take the island. Finished? The Imperial Army didn't see that way. They tried to kidnap their own emperor to keep him from entertaining the idea of surrender. No Virginia, the Japanese were NOT finished. They were beaten but they were not finished.
+1

Quote:
No matter how many innocent lives it takes, right.
As gnadfly said, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas, ask the Chinese about "innocent lives."

Quote:
Quote:
Except for the sheer numbers, the Japanese atrocities were just as bad as the Germans. Ask the Chinese.

Quote:
Japanese were finished. We had fire-bombed the absolute hell out of them. To think it was anything but a message to the ussr is to be naive. The Majority of Trumans generals were against it.
Fuck your jackass notion of "finished", you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. The Japanese soldier wasn't finished until he was fuckin' dead, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. Becoming a prisoner of war was the ultimate dishonor and betrayal of the Emperor and moral code, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. To die in the service of Emperor was the greatest glory a Japanese soldier could achieve, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas, and if he managed to kill an Aussie or a Yank fulfilling the Code of Bushido, the greater the glory, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.

Quote:
The fact that you believe the bombs ended the war prove you are the ones who don't know your history, not me. You have fallen for the myth.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/l...nst-Japan.html
You're the jackass that's spinning fictitious tales, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. Stalin's "Operation August Storm" was predicated on his knowledge of the development and ultimate existence of the bomb, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas; hence, the bomb did bring about the hasty end to the Pacific War, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. Furthermore, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post

I've read this post three times and other than the light in the loafers comment (no personal knowledge), I am utterly astonished to say that I agree with every word.

The Japanese Army was ready to do the same thing in defense of the home islands that they had done on almost every island invaded by the US....engage in a no-quarter asked, none given fight to the finish with US forces. An invasion of Japan would have resulted in hundreds of thousands of US casualties. And, as somebody else noted, once you've spent a billion dollars developing a new weapon, you're damn sure going to use it if it is going to prevent those types of casualties. Can you imagine the outrage of the American people if the invasion had occurred and a couple of hundred thousand Americans were killed and wounded.....only to find out we had this weapon and didn't use it? It didn't hurt to let the Russians know who they would be fucking with if push came to shove as well.

I'll say what I always say about the WW2 Pacific Theater of Operations: They started it. We ended it.
+1

Well said, Mr Timmypage!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
There are no innocent lives in a declared war. The person who is manufacturing the ball bearings and the bullets for a Country's military are just as culpable as the soldier in the field.

Whether we like it not, (we don't read this in History Books), the policy of the United States in mid 1944 and on became, to paraphrase...."we will kill every last German and Japanese on the Planet if that what it takes".

Our actions prove this out.

I suppose WW-2 has been far enough in the past so that the revisionist can take over. But for all of the revision, one thing is sure. We won that War. And in the end, Japan and Germany became the great, and free, Countries that they are today.
+1

Quote:
Read Richard Rhodes', Pulitzer Prize winning book, The Making of the Atomic Bomb. New York: Simon and Schuster, 1986. pp. 886, and not some ignorant, lib-retarded jackass of a journalist, suckclown.

Quote:
"After that the bombing campaign was essentially to force the Japanese to surrender so that a land invasion would not be necessary and thus limit the loss of life. The atomic bombs were really just an extension of that. And in the end, it did shorten the war." Rhodes.
Here are some other books you need to "edumacate" yourself with, suckclown:
• Allen, Thomas B. and Norman Polmar. Code Name Downfall: The Secret Plan to Invade Japan—and Why Truman Dropped the Bomb. New York: Simon and Shuster. 1995. Pp. 352.
• Lee, Bruce. Marching Orders: The Untold Story of World War II. New York: Crown Publishers, Incorporated, 1995. pp. xiv, 608.
• Toland, John. The Rising Sun: The Decline and Fall of the Japanese Empire, 1936-1945. New York: Random House. 1970. pp. xxxvi, 1181.
Quote:
So I'm guessing you all know better than Leahy, the SENIOR-most officer on active duty during WW2. A major part of decisions made throughout the war and Chief of Staff. You are all saying that you know more than he did and the short truth of it is, you don't. This is not revisionist history. This is the opinion of someone who would have the unique position of knowing more than just about anyone else on the subject. But you group of mongers know better. Bullshit. Be honest and admit, you don't know better than he did. You don't have access to what he had access to. You weren't there. I'll take his word over any of yours on the subject.

In his memoirs, Admiral William D Leahy, the President’s chief of staff and the top official at meetings of American and British chiefs of staff, minced few words, writing: “The use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender.”
It was Truman's -- not Leahy's -- decision to make, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.

Quote:
"Having found the bomb we have used it... We have used it in order to shorten the agony of war, in order to save the lives of thousands and thousands of young Americans." -- President Harry S Truman, 1945.
You lib-retards are normally all about extolling the virtues of civilian control of the military, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas, except when you want to be a hypocrite.

Quote:
I readily accept the world exists in multiple shades of grey. That very fact allows me to posit this thought; did you ever stop and think that those who extolled the virtues of dropping the bomb were not disclosing their true personal feelings? Perhaps they felt they were not in a position to say anything different. People in positions of power, even now, are not at liberty to present their true feelings on a certain subject and so they say what is expected. Do we think that phenomenon just started last week? This is the problem with people like IB, they do not understand nuance and therefore are locked into the words that someone said, unable to understand WHY they might have said them.
Note how you'd be one of the jackasses that in the face of blatant -- not nuanced -- overwhelming evidence contrary to your position claims that millions of Japanese and Americans should have suffered and/or died in lieu of using the atomic bomb which brought about a hasty resolution to the Pacific War, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.

Quote:

Except for the sheer numbers, the Japanese atrocities was just as bad as the Germans. Ask the Chinese.

This thread comes up about every five years. Fuck the 1940's Japanese.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Here is another first-person account from a US serviceman held prisoner for 3 years by the Japanese. So who do you want to believe - Lester Tenney? Or the freelance faggot libtarded grubered revisionist America-hating Odumbo minion sewer rat from Arkansas?

Watching the Atomic Bomb Blast as a POW Near Nagasaki

We prisoners know the blasts were necessary to end the war. No Japanese soldier or civilian was preparing to surrender in August 1945.

By LESTER TENNEY
Updated Aug. 7, 2015 6:46 p.m. ET

What does it mean to fight to the end? In April 1942, it meant fighting until my tank battalion and I were forced to surrender at the Battle of Bataan. For everything else that followed I only fought to survive: the Bataan Death March, brutal transport aboard a “hell ship” to Japan, and slave labor in a Mitsui coal mine.

For my imperial Japanese enemy, in contrast, to fight to the end meant to give his life in a presumably noble and glorious fashion. He would die for the emperor—who ruled by divine right—confident that he would be enshrined with his ancestors for his efforts in defense of a mythic civilization. There could be no surrender and no negotiated peace. Death itself was beautiful, and death alone was honorable.

The atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki on Aug. 6 and 9, 1945, upended this belief. The bombs showed the Japanese the devastating and ultimately inglorious outcome of their fight. The bombs offered no true opportunity for confrontation and no chance of death with honor; they promised only obliteration.

Like its erstwhile ally Nazi Germany, Japan was fighting an ideological war. A superior race was destined to guide those less graced. Death for the empire earned a blessed afterlife in the emperor-god’s eternal favor. For a loyal subject, surrender was a betrayal of everything that sustained the empire’s system of patriotic values. The only option in the face of certain battlefield defeat was to fight to the death.

Japan tried to keep fighting long after any chance of victory was gone. On the mainland, women, children and the elderly were armed with sharpened bamboo sticks. Beginning in May 1945, schools for disabled children were ordered to organize military units and women ordered to serve in volunteer combat units. Young men were recruited by the hundreds for kamikaze missions aboard wooden gliders or small boats.

The country’s infamous biological-weapons research program was hard at work concocting flea-borne plague agents to float by submarine and balloon toward populated American shores. By the late spring of 1945, some incendiary explosives called fugo had already landed on the West Coast.

On Okinawa during the 82-day battle from early April to mid-June 1945, the Japanese military instructed civilians to fight and die rather than surrender to the advancing U.S. forces. Civilian households, comprised almost entirely of women and children, were given grenades and encouraged to destroy themselves along with any Americans they might encounter. Many did.

In the late spring of 1945, I saw that the cruelty with which we prisoners of war were treated was only increasing. Our guards told us that Japanese units facing attack had received orders to kill all military and civilian POWs in their custody. They were to unburden themselves to focus on the fight. The executions were to begin Aug. 17.

No Japanese soldier or civilian was preparing to surrender that August.

Early on the morning of Aug. 9, from the POW camp where I was held some 30 miles across a bay, I saw the sky over Nagasaki change. It glowed red and the air turned warm against my skin.

Until then, red was the color of my subjugation. My Japanese guards were certain that red had a uniquely Japanese meaning. It wasn’t just the central color of their flag, it was viewed as emotionally representative of their pure spirit and sincerity. The red sky over Nagasaki ended those illusions.

At that moment, I made a bet with a friend that soon we would all be set free. I was right.

Japan’s surrender saved us. The dropping of the bombs, as Emperor Hirohito himself acknowledged, was the only thing that made that surrender possible. As he explained to his subjects, “Should we continue to fight, it would only result in the ultimate collapse and obliteration of the Japanese nation.” The bombs inflicted indiscriminate, total devastation, as no battle or bombing before, showing the consequences of trying to fight to the end. The bombings destroyed hope and glory, past and future.

It’s also true that the bombings were acts of tragic and unprecedented violence. The bomb—this “cruel weapon,” as the stunned emperor recorded in his surrender message on Aug. 15—ruined two cities, brought suffering and death to many tens of thousands of people and drastically altered landscapes and ecologies. Its use also transformed the nature of modern warfare and erased the last faint lines separating civilian and military, illegitimate and legitimate targets.

We POWs—men who were starved and tortured, who suffocated in the holds of hell ships, who were beaten at will, who died for lack of medical care, and who saw friends worked to death—have no doubt that the atomic bombs ended the war. The bombs took away all the justifications for Japan to continue to fight.

The visual obliteration of Hiroshima and Nagasaki showed that Japan could soon cease to exist. Or as the emperor concluded, “the war situation has developed not necessarily to Japan’s advantage, while the general trends of the world have all turned against her interest.” There would be no glorious end.

Mr. Tenney served in the 192nd Tank Battalion of the U.S. Army.
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:08 PM   #54
lustylad
Premium Access

Time for sewer rat to schedule another rectum replacement surgery.... I'm surprised he jumped in after the way he had his ass handed to him previously on this issue. I guess he just wanted to remind everyone what a "disgrace" he is.

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1294883

(starts @ post #405)
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:29 PM   #55
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Complete bullshit. This is hand-wringing bullshit at its worst. "Modern Japan is a testament to the benefits of total defeat, to stripping a country prone to violence of its martial pretenses". Jesus Christ. We're sorry we had to bomb you, but it was for the best, you stupid fucking animals. The Japanese were finished. We wouldn't accept surrender with the Emperor still in charge. What did we end up accepting? That very goddamn thing.

you stupid dicknose. yes we spared, as the victor goes the spoils of war, the emperor's life AFTER japan agreed to our terms .. total unconditional surrender as was our right to do so. we did so as the humane and benevolent nation that we are. why do you have a problem with that?

And it may very well have turned Japan into a nation of peace activists. The better question is what kind of nation did it turn the US into? We've been involved in wars, off and on, ever since.

japan has begun to re-awaken itself in asia, as it should, to be the rulers of the asia pacific region, as the USA has set them up to be after WW2. we remade them and we own them, we are their Masters and that's a good thing. dicknose. it was our plan all along.

Another truth never mentioned is that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were no great strategic choices. We'd firebombed so much of the large cities that they were two of the few left intact enough to actually see the destructive power of the bombs.

another truth not mentioned is the cost of NOT bombing Japan, with estimates of MILLIONS of Japanese and Americans lost to defeat Japan conventionally. Truman showed the leadership needed to do the deed. he didn't make such a decision lightly but did so as not only as total defeat to Japan but a warning to Soviet Russia what American superiority could do to them. too bad we didn't. we should have given the USSR an ultimatum. LEAVE ALL OF EUROPE OR WE'LL MAKE MOSCOW GLOW IN THE DARK FOR 5 THOUSAND YEARS. that's what Patton wanted to do but as usual the pansy politicians failed us and the World at large.

It's always easy to pat yourself on the back after you've done a horrible thing that you're convinced needed doing. This is no different.
it's always easy for the libtard left to second guess everything. it was Churchill's fault to begin with. google the "Naughty list" you fucktard idiot. one could hardly blame him really, as he grew up in the last stages of the death of the British Empire. why is it a surprise he tried to make a pact with Stalin to preserve it? it's what he knew. but it blew up into the Cold War, the only blight on Churchill's legacy.

there is so much stench cumming out of your libtard ass that the stink can be smelled all the way to ..Clarksville. LOL. oh where are you now asshole rider? you fake jew libtard?

while it has cost America greatly to do what we did post WW2, can you imagine the world today if we did not?

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 09:47 PM   #56
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Yeah. And we were in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism. Tell me more stories.
Old 08-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #57
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Time for sewer rat to schedule another rectum replacement surgery.... I'm surprised he jumped in after the way he had his ass handed to him previously on this issue. I guess he just wanted to remind everyone what a "disgrace" he is.

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1294883

(starts @ post #405)
Yeah, you got it all figured out, jackass. What's no fun is you can't even imagine another way of ending it. Can't even entertain it. The truth of the matter is we don't know how many would've died if the bombs hadn't been dropped. You can say you know, but you don't. Not in any realistic sense. Anytime you and your doppelbanger IB are involved, I'm going to jump in. The only thing he knows is how to type gruberised odumbo minion real good. Other than that, he's a fucking dummy. He can quote books by people who say it was the right thing. I can quote books by people who say it wasn't. In the end, we get nowhere.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:01 PM   #58
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Yeah, you got it all figured out, jackass. What's no fun is you can't even imagine another way of ending it. Can't even entertain it. The truth of the matter is we don't know how many would've died if the bombs hadn't been dropped. You can say you know, but you don't. Not in any realistic sense. Anytime you and your doppelbanger IB are involved, I'm going to jump in. The only thing he knows is how to type gruberised odumbo minion real good. Other than that, he's a fucking dummy. He can quote books by people who say it was the right thing. I can quote books by people who say it wasn't. In the end, we get nowhere.
Quoted Truman who said it was right, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas:

Quote:
"Having found the bomb we have used it... We have used it in order to shorten the agony of war, in order to save the lives of thousands and thousands of young Americans." -- President Harry S Truman, 1945.
Quote:
"[Truman, et al] thought only in terms of our having to end the war by military means. I don't think Japan would have surrendered unconditionally without the use of force." Leo Szilard, 1960.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 10:07 PM   #59
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Quoted Truman who said it was right, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas:
Oh well, a human being could never be wrong...

I'm still waiting on those official federal papers recognizing the legitimacy of the Confederacy.
Old 08-07-2015, 10:12 PM   #60
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Yeah. And we were in Vietnam to stop the spread of communism. Tell me more stories.
yes we were fuckhead. because them frenchie faggots as usual ran like the whores they are. there is a phase ... maybe you've heard of it?

The French are the whores of the world.

they earned that by butting up to the Nazi to "supposedly" save themselves. idiots. they
only would have gained at best a few years before the Nazi Hun would have turned on them anyway.

your total libtard stupidity reminds me of something .. what is it? it's a melody .. i can hear it now ..

Underpants, Underpants
does whatever an Underpants can
spins his lie, any size
catches cum between his eyes
Look out! here cums the Underpants
is he stupid? listen, Bud
He's got radioactive libtard blood
can he screw up a thread?
take a look at the post above
Hey there!!! there goes the Underpants
in the chill of night
at the scene of a post