Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #46
Submodo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
What about the people who started a business that failed? Who is responsible for that?
The taxpayers are responsible for business failures. And the bigger the failure, the more we're responsible.

That's what Paulson, Bush, and Obama told me in Oct 2008.
Submodo is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #47
Submodo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Where he gets his comeuppance to claim government (Obama) helped business is astonishing.
Federal Express' #1 customer is The United States Post office.

Do you think FedEx would mind losing their #1 customer, since the goverment doesn't help business and all that?
Submodo is offline   Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:08 PM   #48
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Yup, twist his words and he can say anything you want to hate him for.
Priceless! Simply priceless! LOL
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:02 AM   #49
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submodo View Post
Hmmm. So does the bank need government to mostly keep out of the their way also?

Like keep out of the way and leave me alone while I commit securities fraud, but print money whenever i say and loan me that money at 0% interest so I can buy govm't paper paying me 2%.

I wish the govm't would keep outta my way like that too.
How about property rights? Try running a business without property rights and courts in which you can enforce those rights. Who prints the money you and the bank manipulate? Who guarantees the bank against insolvency I you ( and others) don't fear counterparty risk. When dealing with the bank? Who passes the laws that regulate the bank, and protect your business? Makes contracts enforceable? I could go on and on.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #50
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

“He didn’t invent iron ore and blast furnaces, did he?”

“Who?”

“Rearden. He didn’t invent smelting and chemistry and air compression. He couldn’t have invented his Metal but for thousands and thousands of other people. His Metal! Why does he think it’s his? Why does he think it’s his invention? Everybody uses the work of everybody else. Nobody ever invents anything.”

She said, puzzled, “But the iron ore and all those other things were there all the time. Why didn’t anybody else make that Metal, but Mr. Rearden did?”

- Atlas Shrugged, P1C9
Old 07-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #51
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
How about property rights? Try running a business without property rights and courts in which you can enforce those rights. Who prints the money you and the bank manipulate? Who guarantees the bank against insolvency I you ( and others) don't fear counterparty risk. When dealing with the bank? Who passes the laws that regulate the bank, and protect your business? Makes contracts enforceable? I could go on and on.
And who pays for all of that? The taxpayers, and the businessman is a taxpayer. The businessman -- as a taxpayer -- is entitled to use all of those services you identified in exactly the same proportion as every other taxpayer; therefore, those services in no way convey an advantage to the successful businessman than it does to any other taxpayer. You could go on and on and still never repudiate the fact that it is the work ethic and ideas of the individual entrepreneur that makes for a successful business; not the government.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:53 AM   #52
joe bloe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submodo View Post
Federal Express' #1 customer is The United States Post office.

Do you think FedEx would mind losing their #1 customer, since the goverment doesn't help business and all that?

If the Post Office is downsized or closed, Federal Express will dramatically increase their business. When one of your competitors goes out of business, you benefit. I'm sure Toyota would love to see Honda and Nissan get out of the business.
joe bloe is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #53
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
So using that logic, I wonder how he explains businesses failing. Did someone else fuck up?

Either that or it was an earthquake in Japan.
Or it's the economy in Europe.
Or the do nothing congress.
Or the republicans
Or GWB
Or Bain
Or OPEC

Blah blan blah
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:49 AM   #54
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
I'm sure someone will be along to defend him on this however.

And it took about 10 minutes for some one to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
that said, an individual that creates a successful business if not from the startup, somewhere along the line takes advantages of the opportunities provided by others.
Leme guess; you don't own your own business do you. I'm assuming that you, unlike Obama have held a job before though. Well he "technically" had a job, but he moonlighted and didn't show up often so......................

Obama's just a plain idiot. Glad he said it though. I'd run it on a constant do-loop, along with several other Obamaisms, if I were Romney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
Bill Gates didn't build Microsoft?
Sam Walton didn't build WalMart?

yes they did ... all by themselves.

no bank loans no building construction no legal assistance, no nothing
That they PAID for. They aren't protected minorities after all.
I own my own business. Construction loans are expensive. Lawyers cost money. And, believe it or not, bankers, lawyers, employees all expect to get PAID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
So you're saying that because the gob'ment prints money, they get some of the credit for American industry? Is this more of your look-at-me rich-guy bullshit?

Snap out of it! There hasn't been a truly original thought in 25,000 years probably. We all build upon one another. That has nothing to do with our esteemed POTUS, that has yet to have a real job, claiming that we are all just living in one big ole happy commune.

Seedman, loved your post. It was dead on.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #55
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Obama doesn't get it.

Great video. I know the libs won't watch, but this is good.

http://www.thehopeforamerica.com/play.php?id=12510
Old 07-18-2012, 01:06 PM   #56
TheDaliLama
Valued Poster

Default 'If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen'

Extremists left wing commie talk.
TheDaliLama is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #57
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm sorry but where exactly does the government do anything but get in our way when it comes to business. I'm so fukin glad they don't regulate this industry.

A government is a body of people, usually, notably ungoverned.~Sheppard Book

And I have a giant F U back to any government official that thinks they've done one single thing but get in my way.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #58
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

If the government was in charge of the Sahara desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand.

I don't know who said that, but it's pretty accurate.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #59
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingKayla View Post

And I have a giant F U back to any government official that thinks they've done one single thing but get in my way.
How do you think customers are able to come visit with you? Did you build a road to your house?

Did you build the phone tower that pings your calls? Now some on here will say they paid taxes...but obviously we have not paid enough or we would not have this huge debt.

What some of you are arguing is that you can fuck all by yourself, no one else there. What Obama was saying was that that is called masturbation. I do not know about any of you Tea Nuts but for me it takes two to tango!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #60
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Obama's just a plain idiot. Glad he said it though. I'd run it on a constant do-loop, along with several other Obamaisms, if I were Romney.
Olivia punked by the people who take the quote out of context.

Maybe you should read the thread to get an idea of what Obama actually said before making a fool of yourself, Olivia. Again.

D-Day anyone?

Quote:
We all build upon one another.
Which is exactly what Obama said. But when he says it, he's an idiot. Which is how it works with you.

Just keep digging that hole, Olivia.
Doove is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women