Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59978
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35413
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 05-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #46
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fritz3552 View Post
So what? If they can't get the pharmacy to sell the prescriptions they want, use their pocketbooks and don't patronize the pharmacy. If enough pressure is applied, eventually, the pharmacy will go out of business or will begin selling the prescriptions. If not, too bad. That's the way the free market works.

I can see you have never lived in a small town,there are many here who depend on the "old folks" bus to get them to the grocery,pharmacy,library,docto r.ect. they have no cars to travel to another town.,and I have never seen a pharmacy go out of business there is too much mark up in drugs.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:18 PM   #47
Bartman1963
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Be easier to beat the living shit out of the pharmacist. IJS.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:21 PM   #48
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekim008 View Post
I can see you have never lived in a small town,there are many here who depend on the "old folks" bus to get them to the grocery,pharmacy,library,docto r.ect. they have no cars to travel to another town.,and I have never seen a pharmacy go out of business there is too much mark up in drugs.
How many elderly people need birth control?

And Bartman. Get real. Of course a gun shop should be able to decide who and who not to sell a gun to, or which guns they will sell.

A county fair vendor can choose not to sell a deep fried Snickers.

WalMart can refuse to stock Kroger items.

It has nothing to do with ideology, and everything to do with freedom. Why should a pharmacist have to sell something s/he doesn't want to? Why do you want to force people to do what YOU think is right, rather than letting the individual do what THEY think is right? If a pharmacist refuses to sell a particular product, another pharmacist will. And I am tired of hearing about these poor people in small towns. When I lived in Dodge City, people of all ages were driving to Wichita every weekend. And there is mail order. There are many ways to get your prescription filled without forcing someone to do something they think is wrong.

God, you people are power hungry control freaks.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:26 PM   #49
JS42
Valued Poster

Encounters: 55

Ahhhh, the era of entitlement rears it's ugly head again.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #50
Adeptus32
You Should Be Kneeling

Encounters: 35

Isn't this "I can decide who I want to serve" argument the same one the anti-civil rights folks made about minorities in the 1950's and 60's? If it was a bad idea then, what all of sudden makes it a good idea now?

Oh, that's right. It's YOUR baseless, misguided prejudice it supports this time.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:08 AM   #51
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Just tell the pharmacist "we'll just have to have anal sex then".... I am sure that will make him sleep well at night, wonder what his god has to say about that.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #52
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

It is not about who is being served, it is about what you are serving. So lets get that right. You could make a case that a drug has to sell contraceptives to anyone but what we were discussing, and this is what the law is about, is that the drug store can choose not to sell contraceptives to anyone.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #53
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Some retailers have already decided not to sell guns (of a certain sort), or CDs that they object to. See Walmart. They have decided not to sell handguns anymore, Target never sold them at all.

Any gun store owner or manager reserves the right to not sell a product. I have yet to see someone sue a gun store owner for not selling a gun. So why is that different for birth control. Someone pointed out that certain OTC drugs have some pretty bad side effects. Would you sue a drug store owner if he (or she) decided that a 14 year old girl didn't have enough sense to understand this.

A gun store story; I was in San Fransisco at a gun store. I eventually bought a Israeli army Mauser K98. Anyway, this guy walked into the store and he really didn't belong in a gun store. He was barely holding onto reality. He asked the gun shop owner about a pistol, a pistol that could hypothetically kill a cat but would not damage the cat's eyes... The owner ask what the cat did and the potential patron denied having any evil designs on a cat but asked again about what kind of gun should he buy. He mentioned the 9mm and asked what it would do to the eyes. The gun shop owner told him a .22 would do that job. The patron asked "what job"?. On the cat... Oh, I don't have a cat but my neighbor does. Well if you shot your neighbors cat you would get arrested. I'm not shooting any cats, I love animals but I was thinking if a cat were to be killed could the eyes be used for something else. The gun shop owner finally told him that he didn't think he could help him out. We all had a good laugh after he left as we had all stopped what we were doing and listened.
You see, you can turn away a customer.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #54
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

A gun or a CD is something people can live without. As I said in a previous post, the pill isn't just for birth control and some people do depend on that pill.

This is just another form of the government trying to tell us women once again what we can do, where we can do it and who we can get it from.

I just adore watching/listening to men trying to play the role of master with women's lives. I'm sure if they were trying to do this in a different facet that affected men's lives, omg the horror...you would be up in arms.

Its all good until it affects your life huh?
Old 05-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #55
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

[quote=CuteOldGuy;2709748]How many elderly people need birth control

just you there others not as fortunate as you that need it they are younger and do not drive.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:34 PM   #56
Bartman1963
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

That's fine. It can always be settled the way most things in small towns get settled. Up close and personal.

If that type of communication fails then the pharmacist could look forward to the third or fourth person he does this to having a equally unbalanced husband or father, and one or both of them will end up on a slab.

You don't fuck with peoples access to medications. It'll get people to start taking shots at your car while you're in it. Nothing like a bullet hole in the window next to your head to get you to change your mind. I've seen it happen. For as little as being called out at third base. Small towns... where minds get changed and snipers don't get caught.

The point COG...and I guess you missed this...surprisingly... because you are not usually obtuse. The point of this law is not to protect the pharmacist. It's purpose is to control women through indirect means, in the impossible hope that somehow they can stuff the genie of women's sexual freedom (and all of that power it holds over men) back in the bottle, and make women back into mere vessels for a fetus. This law is just one of many trying to take this country back to those days. They have been designed by people with views such as yours. People who don't mind jamming their views down my throat, because they and you are the power hungry sumbitches that have to have things their way.

And Fritz...If you don't wanna sell pills that do things you don't like...then don't become a pharmacist. Or to directly answer your retort..YOU sell the pharmacy, then move to Saudi where women are still chattel and quit trying to get between my daughter and her doctor.

By the way,I was trying to draw a metaphor, not point out that a gun store owner can sell to who he wants. He can't by the way decline to sell to someone based on gender, race or ethnicity, or religious beliefs or he will be sued and lose.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:04 PM   #57
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Bart, I realize this law is grandstanding by the Gov. But I still don't think it is right for government to tell people what they must sell. 99% of pharmacists will not limit what they sell, so it really is a non-issue, which is why the Gov chose this to make points with the religious right. Nevertheless, if a pharmacist doesn't want to sell a particular product, government ought not force him to do so. This isn't about controlling women, (although the Gov's intended audience will take it that way, and like it) because the women can get their birth control elsewhere, quite easily, as shown by prior posts.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #58
lawyerinjeans
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

The individual rights of pharmacist are voluntarily given up and become secondary to the oath they take. See below. The first bullet of the oath would appear to me to make their personal beliefs a "non-consideration" when they are handed an Rx written by a doctor whom (the pharmacist must presume) wrote it for the welfare of the person presenting the Rx thus rendering the filling of the Rx as their "primary concern", not their personal beliefs. If they don't like the responsibilty they have accepted by their oath, get out of the business.

OATH OF A PHARMACIST

"I promise to devote myself to a lifetime of service to others through the profession of
pharmacy. In fulfilling this vow:

• I will consider the welfare of humanity and relief of suffering my PRIMARY CONCERNS. (emphasis added).
• I will apply my knowledge, experience, and skills to the best of my ability to assure optimal outcomes for my patients.
• I will respect and protect all personal and health information entrusted to me.
• I will accept the lifelong obligation to improve my professional knowledge and competence.
• I will hold myself and my colleagues to the highest principles of our profession’s moral, ethical and legal conduct.
• I will embrace and advocate changes that improve patient care.
• I will utilize my knowledge, skills, experiences, and values to prepare the next generation of pharmacists.

I take these vows voluntarily with the full realization of the responsibility with which I am entrusted by the public.”
Old 05-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #59
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Nevermind.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:17 PM   #60
lawyerinjeans
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

To follow up:
The current state of the law is that the pharmacist, due to the oath s/he took, must fill the Rx (written by a doctor) even if it is against his/her personal belief system. It is the religious right that now wants the government to pass a law relieving certain of its members (religious pharmacist)from the responsibility of their oath. I should think those who dislike government intrusion upon the populus (right wingers) would be against the law, not for it. Anybody see any irony here?
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women