Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47570
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 03-12-2024, 08:01 AM   #46
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Apparently not.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 03:09 PM   #47
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
so two hours of your life to replace an id to vote, get employment, take a loan for a car, a house, is an "inconvenience" .. interesting.

well don't lose that id!

bahahahaaaaa
... Somehow, the poor and disadvantaged are surely able
to sign-onto perchasing cellular phones and what-not,
yet would be a hardship to get Voter ID.
Too much inconvenience??

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 03:49 PM   #48
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... Somehow, the poor and disadvantaged are surely able
to sign-onto perchasing cellular phones and what-not,
yet would be a hardship to get Voter ID.
Too much inconvenience??

#### Salty
It’s a sad commentary that getting a cell phone is easier than replacing your identification card.
txdot-guy is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 04:26 PM   #49
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/11/u...ting-laws.html

AG Galand says DOJ will fight state voter ID laws and other efforts to ensure election integrity.

I may be wrong, but there seems to be a push from the liberal left to allow non-citizens to vbote in local, state and federal elections.
This is telling, from your link, "Over the past four years, the department (of Justice) did not file any new cases under the Voting Rights Act until May of last year." If Democrats were being disenfranchised by voting laws, why did Garland wait until over two years into Biden's term to file a case?

The article is bull shit. It should be on the NYT editorial page. Unfortunately, unlike the Wall Street Journal, the NYT's news writers glory in partisan reporting. I guess that helps sell more subscriptions to the newspaper's readership.

This is especially rich:

"The Justice Department’s most powerful tool, the Voting Rights Act, was significantly weakened by a 2013 Supreme Court decision that struck down pieces of the act forcing states with legacies of racial discrimination to receive Justice Department approval before they could change their voting laws."

Well, prior to the Supreme Court Decision, Democrats often ended up with significantly more seats in the House of Representatives than they should have based on the popular vote. Now that it's an even match they're crying foul.

If there are indeed longer lines in Democrat-controlled counties, then the blame local officials in most instances. My deep red county had lines of 2 or 3 hours in 2020 on election day. That wasn't because of Texas election laws, it was because people didn't take advantage of early voting, and perhaps the local administrators didn't do a good job.

The argument that voters of color are predominantly Democrats and they are too lazy to vote unless they're handed their franchise to vote on a silver platter is inherently racist. Since 2021 Democrats have been more motivated to go to the polls than Republicans. These requirements on the whole actually may hurt Republicans. But, yes, the false rhetoric from Democratic Party leaders does fire up the base. And yes, if Garland is somehow able to involve the Department of Justice in elections in a way that games the system to the advantage of Democrats, perhaps this does make political sense, from his perspective.

ICU, our left-of-center brethren should take stock. Their belief that purported voting restrictions are disenfranchising Democrats in massive numbers makes about as much sense as many Republicans' belief that Biden stole the 2020 election.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 05:46 PM   #50
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

It’s pitiful that some people are against an ID being required to vote. There’s only one reason for it. Everyone knows what that reason is, and why one side is fighting so hard against it.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM   #51
DNinja69
BANNED

Encounters: 43

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...ional-holiday/

For anyone interested in the indicators showing a vast majority of Republicans favor ID requirements for voting, as well as early voting up to 2 weeks before an election.

Anyone from either party publicly expressing support for these is simply echoing the will of the people.
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 09:47 PM   #52
Salty Again
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
It’s a sad commentary that getting a cell phone is easier than replacing your identification card.
... Sad but True! ...

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 01:29 AM   #53
Daneskold1
BANNED

You are wrong. An ID has absolutely nothing to do with voter security or undocumented migrants and their ability to cast a vote. It is far easier to acquire a fake ID them to match and unseen signature,……for fucks sake people get a grip
Daneskold1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:59 AM   #54
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... Sad but True! ...

#### Salty
Why is that funny?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 09:02 AM   #55
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

It is my understanding that anyone getting some form of government assistance has some form of government issued ID.

Whenever I have interacted with a law enforcement officer, (traffic violations) one of their first actions is to demand to see my ID.

I had to give up my Driver's License in 2003 due to a health issue. I now have a State issues ID . . . .got it for free.

Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot is the big deal with getting a State issued ID?

Call the County headquarters of the party of your choice. Someone there will just about jump through their asshole trying to get you lined up with `the proper ID and then registered to vote.
ICU 812 is online now   Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 09:43 AM   #56
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Quote:
There is no big deal. Democrats feel that some in their base, specifically minorities, are either too dumb to get/have one or are unwilling to show one, obviously implying that their core constituency is riddled with criminals. Clearly they don’t hold their voters in high regard.
Old 03-14-2024, 11:58 AM   #57
DNinja69
BANNED

Encounters: 43

Those seem like your views but I am sure you are not claiming agreement with Dems on much of anything. Voter ID requirements do not only mean state issued photo ID in most localities and fingerprint ID should be coming soon which will bypass the issue completely.

Voting by kiosk at a mall is both possible and over the next decade probable. That said I am sure it will still only be Dems trying to rig the system right?

Those dirty Democrats lmao
DNinja69 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 02:41 PM   #58
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNinja69 View Post
Those seem like your views but I am sure you are not claiming agreement with Dems on much of anything.
Yes. It’s my view that dems think many in their base are stupid. If it wasn’t my view I wouldn’t have written it.
Quote:
Voting by kiosk at a mall is both possible and over the next decade probable. That said I am sure it will still only be Dems trying to rig the system right?
I’m not seeing how one thing is related to the other. It’s a retarded idea nonetheless.
Old 03-14-2024, 10:40 PM   #59
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
It is my understanding that anyone getting some form of government assistance has some form of government issued ID.

Whenever I have interacted with a law enforcement officer, (traffic violations) one of their first actions is to demand to see my ID.

I had to give up my Driver's License in 2003 due to a health issue. I now have a State issues ID . . . .got it for free.

Call the County headquarters of the party of your choice. Someone there will just about jump through their asshole trying to get you lined up with `the proper ID and then registered to vote.
Let’s say you have experienced a house fire like some of those people in the panhandle recently. If you failed to get out with your drivers license or other documentation and needed to replace it you would need one or more of the following.

Photo Texas driver license or Texas identification card, unexpired or expired within the last two years

Valid, unexpired U.S. passport book or U.S. passport card

U.S. Certificate of Citizenship or Certificate of Naturalization with identifiable photo (N-550, N-560, N-561, N-570, N-578)

Unexpired U.S. military identification card for active duty, reserve or retired personnel w/ identifiable photo

Unexpired U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) document with verifiable data and identifiable photo such as:

U.S. Citizen Identification Card (I-179 or I-197)

Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state bureau of vital statistics or equivalent agency from a U.S. state, U.S. territory, the District of Columbia. Laminated copies and Photocopies are not accepted.
Note: Because Puerto Rican statute provides that Puerto Rican birth certificates issued before July 1, 2010 are no longer valid, the Department cannot recognize these Birth Certificates as proof of identification or lawful presence. For more information please select the following link. http://prfaa.pr.gov/

Original or certified copy of Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) (Form FS-240) Certificate of Report of Birth DS-1350,FS-545) issued by the U.S. Department of State. Laminated copies and photocopies are not accepted.
Original or certified copy of a court order with name and date of birth indicating an official change of name and/or gender change from a U.S. state, U.S. territory, the District of Columbia, or Canadian province (May not be laminated).

For some people, especially the homeless and disadvantaged keeping your birth certificate or other identification information safe can be problematic. It’s been my experience that you should always have a second form of identification stored in a separate location other than your own home.

There may be people out there who are looking to assist you but you still need to go through the process of proving your identity and the word of your parents or friends just doesn’t cut it.
txdot-guy is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:26 AM   #60
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

For various reasons, I have several times requested a certified copy of my birth certificate from the City of New York. what comes back is a notarized White on Black photocopy of a microfilmed register of births from 1950. It looks less impressive that the official birth certificate produced for President Obama when that was an issue.

That has always been enough for my first driver's license, passport applications and other legal things later in life.

How does one interact with various government social services without a valid ID?

Why do I need to show a valid ID to buy a gun or travel on an airplane, but not for voting? Even buying a ber gets most folks "carded" to ensure they aee old enough . . .but not for voting.

We have important elections every few years. The next one is still a few months off and the one after that is nearly two and a half years off.

If one cannot figure out how to get a valid ID, call either major political party's office in your county and someone there will help you get it done, get you registered . . .and drive you to the polling place on election day
ICU 812 is online now   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women