Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70491
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47795
pyramider46370
bambino40457
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-18-2020, 10:39 PM   #46
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchingmole View Post

sounds like you need draino.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:03 AM   #47
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
I'll direct this to Muy Largo, but would be just as interested in replies from SR, MM, Lapdog, and others who are Democrats or left of center.

About the two issues I highlighted above, which are important to you: The Republican Party historically has been much friendlier to free enterprise than the Democratic Party. And of the minority of federal politicians who actually support "a frugal, lean and service-oriented government, not a bloated government that feeds on special interest extravagance", more often than not, they're Republicans.

Given that, could you see yourself voting for a Republican after the Divider in Chief is history? More specifically, which of the following, if any, could you support --

1. Republicans who had the backbone to criticize and sometimes oppose Trump, like Mitt Romney, Jeff Flake, John Kasich, maybe Susan Collins?

2. As you know, most politicians, Democrat and Republican, will sell their souls for a handful of votes or dollars or more power. And Trump had the power to torpedo the career of people who didn't tow his line, and wasn't afraid to use it. There are certain Republicans like Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham who recognized problems with Trump's character and views. In their hearts they know what's right, but they sold out. Could you support them?

3. To be complete, I'll throw out the third category, people like Jeff Sessions who supported him from the start, although I know what your answer will be.
I could most definitely support a Republican candidate in the future. I will vote for Biden but I will also vote for John Cornyn. In 2018 I voted for Abbott and Patrick. In 2016 there is a high likelihood I would have voted for Kasich had he been the Repulican nominee.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:05 AM   #48
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
And I am perhaps more than slightly right of center than you are left, have been politically stereotyped with those on the extreme right and yet I have said Trump should never have gotten into a discussion of the Confederate flag and Confederate statues, should not have said "there are fine people on both sides" even though I believe he was talking about the question of statues and not White Supremacists, he should have better common sense and think more careful the words he uses.

So once again, we both perceive ourselves as being un-fairly stereotyped. Seems to be a lot of that going around.
I certainly do not disagree with you.
Old 07-19-2020, 07:22 AM   #49
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
Can I care for and support those suffering in other countries without opening our borders to any number of people that want to come because it seems like that is the dividing line. You express any idea of controlled borders and all of a sudden, you don't care. How about I care for those already here and what over population can due to any country. I keep asking and have never gotten an answer. How many more can we take without adversely impacting our health care, our education and our job numbers? As soon as I ask that, I'm labeled as I don't care. I'm simply asking for a number and when I don't get one, I admittedly think they don't care.
Where or when did I say I don't care about controlled borders? I want people to enter this country legally. Individuals on this forum keep saying people on the left want open borders. What BS. Another stereotype. No one wants open borders.

We can accept into this country many more than we do before our health care, education, and job numbers suffer. We can fulfill the needs of those in this country and also help others outside the country as we've always done.

Trump has consistently lowered the number of refugees allowed into this country. In Obama's last year in office, his goal was to allow about 110,000 refugees into this country each year. Trump's latest number is 18,000. Maybe 110,000 a year is too high but 18,000 is ridiculously low. This country has historically been one that bends over backwards to help those in need, both inside and outside this country. Trump does not seem to agree with that philosophy.

President Trump has decided to slash the American refugee program by almost half, greatly dimming the United States’ role in accepting persecuted refugees from most parts of the world, the State Department announced Thursday.

The administration said it would accept 18,000 refugees during the next 12 months, down from the current limit of 30,000 and a fraction of the 110,000 President Barack Obama said should be allowed into the United States in 2016, his final year in office.

Even that low figure may overstate the number of slots that could be open for unanticipated crises, since many of the openings have been allocated. The Trump administration will reserve 4,000 refugee slots for Iraqis who worked with the United States military, 1,500 for people from Central America and 5,000 for people persecuted for their religion, senior administration officials said. The additional 7,500 slots are for those who are seeking family unification and have been cleared for resettlement.

That will eliminate many opportunities for people fleeing war and persecution throughout the world to resettle in the United States, which until Mr. Trump took office was the world’s leading destination for refugees.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/26/u...-refugees.html
Old 07-19-2020, 07:27 AM   #50
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

matchingmole is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:36 AM   #51
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchingmole View Post
Pretty limited vocabulary.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:56 AM   #52
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn View Post
I would say that people on the right are more indifferent to individuals and more concerned with issues contributing to each other's success. It's like having stray animals eating on your back porch. Giving them food everyday is not really doing them a big favor. Finding somewhere for them to live is the best solution. The left should be more concerned with good education (school choice, better teachers, and student discipline), jobs, and safe streets. Instead they spend money on shiny things like naming streets and buildings after black people and giving away other people's money.
Again, quite the stereotype. I believe in giving a hand to those in need. My church is one of many in the area supplying food to those in need during the coronavirus crisis.

I know of no one who does not support improving the education system, getting people good jobs, and safe streets. There may be differing opinions on how that is best accomplished. Whether or not the left supports "giving away other people's money" more than the right is a question with no real answer. I have never in my life felt over-taxed. Whether Republicans control the purse strings or Democrats do, I will agree with how some of the money is spent and disagree with how some of the money is spent.
Old 07-19-2020, 08:07 AM   #53
oeb11
Valued Poster

SR - if you never felt "over-taxed" - just wait for what Biden and his radical VP will propose.

Confiscation of all weapons, means of production, and private property - except that which belongs to the DemLib nomenklatura such as AOC and Bernie.
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:19 AM   #54
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
...I don't think Trump is a racist. I do think he makes comments that can be viewed as either racist or in the least insensitive how his comments will be viewed by people of color. Personally, I have never heard any of my friends who are on the left make a summary judgement by calling all those on the right racist. Or anything close to that. I certainly have not.

What I do honestly believe is that more people on the left are concerned with the lives of others than those on the right -- whether it is people of color, the LGBTQ community, the poor, refugees, support for those suffering in other countries, etc.
Being "concerned" about others is a useless activity. The Old White Men who were responsible for the passage of "civil rights" laws through the decades did little to assure the improvement of the plight of all minorities in this country. They paid lip service to their "concerns" every election cycle to be returned to the government tit.

A "well-connected" Austin attorney explained it this way when discussing the creation of "legal aid" in Austin back when local funding was all that was available ....

.... we wanted a place where "those" people could get legal services so "those" people would not be in the waiting areas in their offices.

JFK didn't want to advocate civil rights legislation, because he might lose the Southern vote! LBJ got it done on the death of JFK and some serious "horse trading" on some budget projects! In other words: bribes.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:23 AM   #55
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
... I will vote for Biden ...
... or did you mean .... "against Trump"?

Your vote for "Cornyn" is also an "Anti-Trump" vote.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:28 AM   #56
oeb11
Valued Poster

Once sr does that - there will never be another free election in the US - after the DemLib radicals foist their Marxist agenda on the people.

Civil War is coming!!!!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:31 AM   #57
Grace Preston
Madame Moderator

User ID: 123904
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11 View Post
Once sr does that - there will never be another free election in the US - after the DemLib radicals foist their Marxist agenda on the people.

Civil War is coming!!!!

Do you honestly believe all this ridiculous rhetoric? Its about as stupid as the people who think Trump is going to barricade himself in the White House if he loses.
Grace Preston is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 08:40 AM   #58
bf0082
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

I’m not reading everyone’s posts’ I do have a question for Trump supporters....

I keep hearing about this great economy Trump created, the only thing he focused on and his one achievement that was wiped out due to covid.

Trump supporters, you love the way he created a robust economy by using quantitative easing and spending during An economic recovery And continued for the whole economic boom.

He took a budget deficit that was getting closer and closer to even and decided to reduce tax receipts from corporations and a tax break for most tax payers.

If you spend more, keep interest rates low, and let People spend more of their money you can easily achieve economic success. This doesn’t make it the correct way to keep an economy rolling after getting a jumpstart.

My question, you love when trump spends money, but hate when democrats spend money.... how is that possible ?
bf0082 is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:06 AM   #59
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf0082 View Post
I’m not reading everyone’s posts’ I do have a question for Trump supporters....

I keep hearing about this great economy Trump created, the only thing he focused on and his one achievement that was wiped out due to covid.

Trump supporters, you love the way he created a robust economy by using quantitative easing and spending during An economic recovery And continued for the whole economic boom.

He took a budget deficit that was getting closer and closer to even and decided to reduce tax receipts from corporations and a tax break for most tax payers.

If you spend more, keep interest rates low, and let People spend more of their money you can easily achieve economic success. This doesn’t make it the correct way to keep an economy rolling after getting a jumpstart.

My question, you love when trump spends money, but hate when democrats spend money.... how is that possible ?
“One achievement”? I consider appointing a record numbers of judges his greatest achievement. I consider better trade deals like the USMCA as a great achievement. I consider building the wall as a great achievement. I consider keeping us out of needless wars a great achievement. I consider him confronting China a great achievement. And yes, the economy was a great achievement.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 10:04 AM   #60
matchingmole
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace Preston View Post
Do you honestly believe all this ridiculous rhetoric? Its about as stupid as the people who think Trump is going to barricade himself in the White House if he loses.

He might....there will be a civil war between the Trumptards that have basic cable and the morons who believe in Q.
matchingmole is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women