Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70440
biomed160768
Yssup Rider60128
gman4452954
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47647
pyramider46370
bambino40366
CryptKicker37100
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35481
Mojojo33117

Old 08-29-2019, 06:55 AM   #46
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Yes I can have it both ways. As I've said, polls that try to predict what will be 14 months in the future are likely to be very inaccurate. But they indicate what voters think at a specific point in time. Polls show Trump has lost a large percentage of suburban female voters who helped put him into office. He is now focusing on winning them back. Of course, he could ignore the polls and hope they are wrong, like you are doing, or he can take action, which is what he is doing.

Yes polls do have a margin of error, usually in the 3-4% range. And yes, polls can lead respondents to answers. But companies have been running polls for decades and for the most part they have been VERY accurate in their results. Polls on approval ratings have been done since Truman has been in office and one FACT is true. A POTUS running for reelection with a negative approval rating has never won reelection. And a POTUS running for reelection with a positive approval rating has never lost reelection.
Polls are trying to shape public opinion now. Not report it.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:13 AM   #47
eccielover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
Polls are trying to shape public opinion now. Not report it.
On this, I still largely disagree. I think with the margin of error most polls are solid. I know even watching Trump's reactions to and often changes in tone and position, that he's watching them daily too and reacting.

The pundits and LSM are trying to take those polls and shape public opinion.

Trump, as well as the rest of us conservatives would be foolish to offhandedly dismiss the current polling on the offhand assumption of 2016 being so wrong.

The polls were largely accurate in 2016 within the margin of error. It's the pundits interpreting the polls that seriously screwed up.

And I see conservatives going into this cycle with a false sense of confidence based on their belief that the polls were wrong in 2016.

It was the pundits who totally screwed up 2016 and luckily Hillary took the nonsense seriously and didn't campaign in fly over areas and lost.

DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE CONSERVATIVES. Current polling puts Biden ahead of Trump by BEYOND THE MARGIN OF ERROR. Take is seriously and bring the numbers back to Trump like 2016 by the General Election.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 07:18 AM   #48
eccielover
Valued Poster

And just the added FYI, Monmouth is already stating their poll was an anomaly and looking at their methods in this particular instance.

So don't take any outlier poll as gospel either. It's bringing all the polls together like 538 and RealClear politics do that gives a sense of trends.

And again the trends show Biden beating Trump. Rather than bloviate about how that's incorrect, help change the numbers to show it's incorrect.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:25 AM   #49
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
On this, I still largely disagree. I think with the margin of error most polls are solid. I know even watching Trump's reactions to and often changes in tone and position, that he's watching them daily too and reacting.

Trump, as well as the rest of us conservatives would be foolish to offhandedly dismiss the current polling on the offhand assumption of 2016 being so wrong.

The polls were largely accurate in 2016 within the margin of error. It's the pundits interpreting the polls that seriously screwed up.

And I see conservatives going into this cycle with a false sense of confidence based on their belief that the polls were wrong in 2016.

It was the pundits who totally screwed up 2016 and luckily Hillary took the nonsense seriously and didn't campaign in fly over areas and lost.

DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE CONSERVATIVES. Current polling puts Biden ahead of Trump by BEYOND THE MARGIN OF ERROR. Take is seriously and bring the numbers back to Trump like 2016 by the General Election.
Thank you. The current polls are warning signs. Trump is smart enough to realize this.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:22 AM   #50
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
And just the added FYI, Monmouth is already stating their poll was an anomaly and looking at their methods in this particular instance.

So don't take any outlier poll as gospel either. It's bringing all the polls together like 538 and RealClear politics do that gives a sense of trends.

And again the trends show Biden beating Trump. Rather than bloviate about how that's incorrect, help change the numbers to show it's incorrect.
Yes they did. Looks like they were trying to shape public opinion.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:35 AM   #51
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:

Trump didn’t make that mistake last time. He won’t make a mistake this time. Hillary May have been listening to pundits but she had her own internal polls and “experts” in her campaign. But Billy knew better. He saw what was going. He didn’t need polls to see Trump was connecting with Rust Belt voters. Unfortunately for Hillary, she didn’t take his advice. A truly great politician doesn’t need to rely on polls. They rely on their instincts. IMHO, Trump has far better political instincts than any Dem that will face.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:39 AM   #52
eccielover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Trump didn’t make that mistake last time. He won’t make a mistake this time. Hillary May have been listening to pundits but she had her own internal polls and “experts” in her campaign. But Billy knew better. He saw what was going. He didn’t need polls to see Trump was connecting with Rust Belt voters. Unfortunately for Hillary, she didn’t take his advice. A truly great politician doesn’t need to rely on polls. They rely on their instincts. IMHO, Trump has far better political instincts than any Dem that will face.
I didn't say Trump made the mistake last time and neither did his people that he had I'm sure watching every poll and going for every vote.

And he won by doing so.

I'm also certain he is watching and reacting to every poll that comes out now, you can see it by his actions. He's not taking it for granted and ignoring them.

NEITHER SHOULD WE.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:59 AM   #53
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Biden’s favorability rating has dropped by 10pts too.
So did his IQ, lol.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:39 PM   #54
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
I didn't say Trump made the mistake last time and neither did his people that he had I'm sure watching every poll and going for every vote.

And he won by doing so.

I'm also certain he is watching and reacting to every poll that comes out now, you can see it by his actions. He's not taking it for granted and ignoring them.

NEITHER SHOULD WE.
I don’t take anything for granted, but I see what I see. Trump still draws huge crowds, lots of money coming in, full support of the RNC. I think he’s better positioned this time around. If Biden is the best they got, great. The polls show him beating Trump. I don’t believe them. Some of his actions go against the polls. I’m guessing he trusts his own instincts more than polls. I’d bet attacking the squad was his idea and not generated by polls.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:34 PM   #55
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

The polls matter to Trump.

And the approval ratings are a far better gauge of his re-election changes than any polls conducted now.

However, the key states don’t look good for the OS right now.

AND... he just bailed on his trip to Poland. That’s not gonna help him much in Polka Country, eh?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:40 PM   #56
bambino
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

And the approval ratings are a far better gauge of his re-election changes than any polls conducted now.

AND... he just bailed on his trip to Poland. That’s not gonna help him much in Polka Country, eh?
They didn’t matter in 2016.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:30 PM   #57
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
That’s because they were all RIGGED.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:32 PM   #58
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Quote:

so you agree that Trump's approval polls are RIGGED!

thanks for clearing that up!
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:42 PM   #59
eccielover
Valued Poster

Quote:

I'm not overly concerned about the current approval ratings either.

Obama was at roughly 40-42% approval for the entire month of August 2011(the equivalent point in his Presidency to Trump right now). Trump is running very similar. It's not a deal breaker at this point to me.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:52 PM   #60
eccielover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Quote:
The polls were accurate. The pundits RIGGED the message and in the end it screwed Hillary.

She was overconfident on the "message" she was seeing and interpreting. Trump took advantage of that and beat her ass.

I don't want Conservatives getting that same overconfidence. Keep up the enthusiasm, but do and don't use 2016 as a model. Take the polls and margins of errors in them seriously as they were accurate in 2016, but don't allow pundits/etc. to guide your dialog to believing Trump is doing better than he is right now.

At this point, it's going to be a bitter fight to the end even if it's Biden. Best thing for Trump is a far far lefty gets the nomination.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women