Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider60002
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47606
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35424
Mojojo33117

Old 04-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #46
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Sorry Leanna if they came across harsh I was not intending it to be.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #47
KenMonk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

EMP's are no easy feat, and any country that has one would never let anyone know until they broke it out for use, like the U.S. did with nukes and Japan.

I like the idea of the laser, and I read that as well. I guess the laser was 3 for 3 in shooting down UAV's and slow moving missiles. It was described more as a warning piece then a real offensive weapon though. I guess its also great against smaller vessels as it fast enough to lay down continuous fire on a slow moving target with little to no effort or resource usage. They didn't discuss its power, or range, but I would guess if its shooting down UAV's the ranger would be at around a half mile or so.
KenMonk is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #48
Bartman1963
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

The Washington Times loved Iraq in 2003 for all the wrong reasons L. I read their stuff, occasionally...but I take it with a grain of salt. It is an extremely conservative paper owned by Sun Myung Moon until he died last year. As a South Korean he and his family have had before and currently still have their own bones to pick with NK. So making them sound like a technological threat, so the US will beef up it's commitment is a good move for them. I seriously doubt NK will do a damn thing. What they really want to do is what I was talking about before, and maybe bluster their way into more talks so they can beg for free or cut rate food shipments. He just doesn't want to be seen as the beggar and joke he and his father have turned NK into. It's pathetic really.
Bartman1963 is offline   Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 PM   #49
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMonk View Post
EMP's are no easy feat, and any country that has one would never let anyone know until they broke it out for use, like the U.S. did with nukes and Japan.

I like the idea of the laser, and I read that as well. I guess the laser was 3 for 3 in shooting down UAV's and slow moving missiles. It was described more as a warning piece then a real offensive weapon though. I guess its also great against smaller vessels as it fast enough to lay down continuous fire on a slow moving target with little to no effort or resource usage. They didn't discuss its power, or range, but I would guess if its shooting down UAV's the ranger would be at around a half mile or so.
I wasnt meaning it to sound like I thought it was the end all be all of weapons, rather I was just commenting on the timing of the annoucnment.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #50
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartman1963 View Post
The Washington Times loved Iraq in 2003 for all the wrong reasons L. I read their stuff, occasionally...but I take it with a grain of salt. It is an extremely conservative paper owned by Sun Myung Moon until he died last year. As a South Korean he and his family have had before and currently still have their own bones to pick with NK. So making them sound like a technological threat, so the US will beef up it's commitment is a good move for them. I seriously doubt NK will do a damn thing. What they really want to do is what I was talking about before, and maybe bluster their way into more talks so they can beg for free or cut rate food shipments. He just doesn't want to be seen as the beggar and joke he and his father have turned NK into. It's pathetic really.
Bart can you blame them, all the mistreatment given to them by us, I mean seriously why do those "you have to be this tall to ride" lines have to be so tall, can you imagine how frustrating it must be to be 27 and you still cant ride the big kid rides.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #51
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

I think the admiral is over-estimating the need for 'command and control'. Its not like they're operating radar to protect from an air attack. If they launch first, they will successfully launch all their rockets....andthe destruction will be done. I have no solutions....but I think the good admiral is being flippant with army lives and failing to understand how ineffective our tactics can be against a foe stuck in 1950.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:43 AM   #52
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Still....is anyone ready to read about 25,000 US military deaths, thousands of military dependent deaths, and/or thousands of captured or missing Americans? We have the capability but we also have President Feckless at the helm.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #53
Leanna
Account Disabled

User ID: 72785
My ECCIE Reviews

DD, You didn't come across as harsh. It's all good

Bartman, I understand how alot of people don't like the Washington Times. During the Iraq war they did a hit piece on a family member of mine. I have to admit, while it wasn't nice... I can't say that it wasn't true The reporter followed him around for a couple of days. He got a little bit to comfortable with the reporter and said some things that came across as naive and cocky. The Washington Times then had a field day with it. Even though he got all butt hurt over it, he learned a very valuable lesson about the news media.
Leanna is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:29 AM   #54
KenMonk
Valued Poster

Also to be fair, there is an EMP, its called a nuke. The most effective use for an EMP nuke is actually setting one off in space. During the height of American testing in the 1950s and 1960s nukes were set off in space. This sent out EMP like waves across great distances. I believe they did this a few times over the Pacific, and electronics were disabled in some parts of Hawaii and New Zealand.

The theory is that a 100 megaton nuke could be fired into space and released above Kansas/Missouri, and effectively knock out every electronic from San Fran to New York. While the blast itself wouldn't kill millions of people most likely, it would send the United States back to the dark age.

Now on a smaller scale, this could be used to send a region into chaos IE: SK, Japan, and parts of the U.S.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #55
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrew_2000 View Post
I think the admiral is over-estimating the need for 'command and control'. Its not like they're operating radar to protect from an air attack. If they launch first, they will successfully launch all their rockets....andthe destruction will be done. I have no solutions....but I think the good admiral is being flippant with army lives and failing to understand how ineffective our tactics can be against a foe stuck in 1950.
Yah your right what would he know about it, I am sure he is not up on all the current intel as you are. I am sure he conversation was not being flippant with ARMY lives, yeah there is no bias in anything your saying, let me guess you were in the army? Were not talking rockets were talking artilary, and yes once its launched there is nothing that we can do, but they will still have to launch a ground invasion, and they do have a standing air force that while old can still be used in support of ground troups. You have to disrupt their communication from leadership, thus the command and control.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:25 PM   #56
KenMonk
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dog View Post
Yah your right what would he know about it, I am sure he is not up on all the current intel as you are. I am sure he conversation was not being flippant with ARMY lives, yeah there is no bias in anything your saying, let me guess you were in the army? Were not talking rockets were talking artilary, and yes once its launched there is nothing that we can do, but they will still have to launch a ground invasion, and they do have a standing air force that while old can still be used in support of ground troups. You have to disrupt their communication from leadership, thus the command and control.
It would take a lot of time to launch that much artillery though. I was never in the military, but I'm a student of history, and I believe he can only fire a limited amount within a given time frame, 500,000 rounds in 10 minutes would be a feat for any army. Sure that amount would be enough to kill thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands, but it would take time. Also from what I have read and understand, NK's artillery would only be able to reach the northern outskirts maybe even northern downtown of Soule, so most of the population would be okay.

The risk vs reward simply isn't there. I also don't get it, why wouldn't he want to take a page out of China's book and ask/accept aide, and hit his "enemies" where it matters most, in the pocket book.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #57
Misawahawk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I was reading today that if NK attacks at all-the US is going to complete a regime change. SK does not want the US to attack first, but the problem isn't just what SK thinks. Japan is going to say if the US isn't going to fix this problem they are going to get nukes. We don't want that, as Japan freaking hates NK,SK, and China.

Yeah NK has a bunch of people in their Army, but they have old soviet equipment. The US can shoot down big artillery. Once it's launched the trajectory can be calculated and fire returned. There's 28k US troops on the dmz, 2 Air Force bases in SK, 3 in Japan, B2s in Guam, plus the Navy. It would be over quick.
Misawahawk is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #58
Misawahawk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

http://www.newscientist.com/mobile/a...lery-fire.html

That was 2002, we've had this tech long time before that
Misawahawk is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #59
KCSmutMonkey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

That would only be true if China decides to sit this one out and Obama has the stones to do it. I'm not convinced either is true, unfortunately.
KCSmutMonkey is offline   Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #60
KCJoe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default some really stupid people out there

thought Japan had attacked Pearl Harbor, not North Korea

http://crooksandliars.com/files/vfs/...k%20tweets.jpg
KCJoe is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women