Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160718
Yssup Rider60059
gman4452945
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47629
pyramider46370
bambino40346
CryptKicker37097
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35460
Mojojo33117

Old 11-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #46
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Sit tight, I will get back to you on the final score before the day is over!
>Puts money back in pocket ....

I thought so, ....
.... or is it that your crystal ball doesn't work on Sundays?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #47
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Texans game before kickoff .. since you are the "outcome determinator" on historical events ... I hate betting on sports unless I already know how its going to turn out?
Quote:
.... or is it that your crystal ball doesn't work on Sundays?
Yep, my crystal ball seems to be in tip top shape this fine Sunday morning.

And here it is folks, BT's hot tip of the day!

LL(DINO), take the Houston Texans to win! (No charge for BT's expert advice!)
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #48
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Why don't you CONSPIRACY IDIOTS just STFU?

COF and the rest of you are so fucking stoooopid AND gullible that you actually believe Newty and Doocy! LMAO! Besides that, look at the loonies hanging on with them!

You idiots need to read some other fucking sources concerning pensions. These measures, in part, are designed to prevent people working hard all their lives and having companies like Enron fleece them out of everything including their pensions. Most of these companies lean far right just like Enron which gave Bush so much money it took TWO FULL YEARS after their bankruptcy for one of the major credit card companies to
overtake them as Bush's all-time biggest contributor!

Yeah! That and many more things like it happened on W's watch but apparently, COF was getting another facial from Ron Paul and didn't notice. You people are so fucking dumb I hate reading all your posts because they prove your stupidity!

Shit, I don't hear any of the Teapublicans condemning Darrel Issa who wants the Postal Service to fund their pensions out 75 years into the future while there are no such regulations on private industry. Issa and his cronies want the pension requirements to sink the Postal Service when allowing them to fund their pensions for ten years ahead would put them in line with Private Industry.

His reason for bleeding the Postal Service? He wants to "privatize it" and let his buddies in the private sector profit off of it under different rules.

You disparrage Obama while you are letting this crook Issa (who was indicted for arson, car-jacking and brandishing a weapon to collect a debt) off the hook.

You stoooopid fuckers are certifiable partisan hacks without a lick of sense.

Thanks for another worthless, misleading post and thread, COF! Your legion of superdumb shits is perfect at not breaking rank.

It is another "Sky Is Falling" piece from the people who brought us
EIGHT candidates who were so bad they got slaughtered by Willard "Mittens" Romney - Teapublicans. LMAO!

Beware! The smart people around you will only be able to save you if you quit getting all your information from Alex Jones, Ron Paul, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Fox "News" and other crazies who know they can sell you on impossible theories.

You lose an election THAT BAD and you still haven't checked your own compass!

Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #49
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
BT's hot tip of the day!

Take the Texans straight up! (No charge for BT's expert advice!)
I was looking for the final score, since you are so talented at knowing all.

BT, reduced to a mere mortal when the trappings of fantasy are stripped away. Limited to Monday morning predictions of what happened on Sunday last.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #50
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
I was looking for the final score, since you are so talented at knowing all.

BT, reduced to a mere mortal when the trappings of fantasy are stripped away. Limited to Monday morning predictions of what happened on Sunday last.
Have a little patience LL(DINO). I have already told you that I will get to you on the final score before the end of the day.

BTW, there is a slight charge for BT's pre-game score forecasts. Since I fully understand that DINO's are always looking to get something for nothing, I did not figure you would be willing to pay the fee!
Old 11-18-2012, 10:52 AM   #51
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
These measures, in part, are designed to prevent people working hard all their lives and having companies like Enron from fleecing them out of everything including their pensions.

Most of these companies lean far right just like Enron which gave Bush so much money it took TWO FULL YEARS after their bankruptcy for one of the major credit card companies to overtake them as Bush's all-time biggest contributor!
Bush? Enron? Credit Card companies? ....

"These measures, in part, are designed to prevent people working hard all their lives and having companies like Enron from fleecing them out of everything including their pensions."

And you call "us" conspiratorial??? What does Enron have to do with changing the IRS code to increase tax rates on drawing down on 401K's and requiring annuities instead of cash accounts????

First off: The ONLY people to take a bath in Enron had ALL their eggs in Enron stock!!!! The dumbshits who would not diversify as recommended by EVERY legitmate broker with a license ... and

Seondly, Enron was tanking before Bush took office ... they were lying about it and fraudulently reporting off shore assets that were REPORTED during the Clinton administration ... FYI ... the Clinton administratoin and the Enron group were in bed together in Afghanistan, Pakistan, and India long before the 2000 election and duffus was dropping all kinds of money on the Clinton campaigns ... even got pissed when Clinton dropped missiles into Afghanistan while Enron was having a meeting down in Sugarland with the Taliban!!!

You are the idiot, if there is one on this board.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:20 AM   #52
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Wrong! Enron was ALWAYS cooking the books and overstating assets, moron! They were still Bush's LARGEST ALL-TIME DONOR until two years after their bankruptcy. "Kenny Boy" was Bush pet nickname for his good friend, Ken Lay.

CHENEY closed the energy grid meetings so that Enron could craft the final energy grid plans and even installed an Enron employee on the committee - not Clinton.

The thread was about 401K's and Enron's bankruptcy gutted their 401K, moron! That is one of the reasons this legislation is being considered - so that Republican Deregulators cannot gut other 401K's and leave people financially ruined.

BUSH was Texas Governor during the Taliban tour of Enron and HE was part of the delegation that accompanied the Taliban on the Enron tour and the tour's stops at other energy companies including Unocal in and around Houston.

By 2001, He and Cheney had cut Enron a sweet deal!

January 23, 2001: Bush Blames California Energy Crisis on Lack of Power Plants

In 2001, President George W. Bush says he opposes price caps on wholesale electricity, and suggests that for California to ease its power crisis, it should relax its environmental regulations and allow power companies such as Enron to operate unchecked. “The California crunch really is the result of not enough power-generating plants and then not enough power to power the power of generating plants,” he says. [Harper's, 1/23/2001]

In 2002, former Enron energy trader Steve Barth will give a different perspective. “This was like the perfect storm,” he will say of Enron’s merciless gaming of the California energy crisis. “First, our traders are able to buy power for $250 in California and sell it to Arizona for $1,200 and then resell it to California for five times that. Then [Enron Energy Services] was able to go to these large companies and say ‘sign a 10-year contract with us and we’ll save you millions.’” [CBS News, 5/16/2002]
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #53
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Have a little patience LL(DINO). I have already told you that I will get to you on the final score before the end of the day.

BTW, there is a slight charge for BT's pre-game score forecasts. Since I fully understand that DINO's are always looking to get something for nothing, I did not figure you would be willing to pay the fee!
DINO, I predict the final score will be:

Texans 37
Jacksonville 34
Old 11-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #54
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Me too.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #55
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Wrong! Enron was ALWAYS cooking the books and overstating assets ...
http://www.time.com/time/business/ar...338580,00.html

JAMES NIELSEN/AFP

Follow @TIME

"Before its messy decline and fall, Enron had plenty of clout in George W. Bush's Washington, from the personal ties between chairman Ken Lay and the President to the company's alleged influence on Vice President Dick Cheney's energy task force. But Enron's cozy relationship with Washington didn't start there. Documents obtained by TIME show the energy giant enjoyed much closer ties with Clinton Administration regulators than was generally known. Long before Cheney's task force met with Enron officials and included their ideas in Bush's energy plan, Clinton's energy team was doing much the same thing. Drafting a 1995 plan to help facilitate cash flow and credit for energy producers, it asked for Enron's input—and listened. The staff was directed to "rework the proposal to take into account the specific comments and suggestions you made," Clinton Deputy Energy Secretary Bill White wrote an Enron official.

Clinton officials also made efforts to help Enron get business overseas. Clinton Energy Secretary Hazel O'Leary included Enron officials on trade missions to India, China, Pakistan and South Africa. White, returning from a 1994 trip to Mexico, wrote chairman Lay that "much opportunity" existed there for natural gas, and he sent a copy of Mexico's energy plans. To persuade an Enron senior vice president to join a mission to Pakistan, White wrote, "I have strong personal relationships with the existing government."
Enron showed its gratitude. At Christmas 1995, documents show, it donated an unknown sum of cash in O'Leary's name to a charity called "I Have a Dream." And when Clinton ran for re-election a year later, the company made its largest single contribution ever—$100,000—to the President's party. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/west_asia/37021.stm

Stevie ... you will enjoy this crazy stuff ... the facts are pretty much correct its the spin ... aka "talking points" that are drawn by the author .. about like you do ...

that is one reason I picked it ... I thought you might be able to comprehend it better .. since you think like that. he tries like you do to tie every thing back to Bush. (Notice the quote about the Taliban coming to Texas and Bush was governor ... like he invited them!).

http://presscore.ca/?p=5405
Old 11-18-2012, 03:54 PM   #56
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Just answer the question, BigTurd. Just as I suspected. All hat and no cattle. An embarrassment to Texas.

Stevie, lay off the caffeine, dammit! You're stupider than normal. Did you notice that this policy is being discussed by Obama, not Rush, Hannity or Beck. Rush, et. al. don't want your pensions, Obama does.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #57
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Just answer the question, BigTurd.
He did. After the game was over!

A real nail biter for BT and his crystal ball!!!!!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #58
Chica Chaser
Premium Access

Encounters: 7

Quote:
The thread was about 401K's and Enron's bankruptcy gutted their 401K, moron! That is one of the reasons this legislation is being considered - so that Republican Deregulators cannot gut other 401K's and leave people financially ruined.

Did all of these Enron employees have their entire 401k in Enron stocks? Then sure, when the company went out, of course their accounts were gutted.

However, every plan I have ever had you always have to choose what funds you want to invest in, they are always diversified across many companies to prevent exactly this from happening. One of those plans being that companies own stock, but the employee would have to consciously choose that option and choose 100% of his account be invested there.

If they chose wrong and drank the Enron kool-aid....sucks for them.

A lot of peoples 401k's lost a lot of money starting back in 2008, but that's only because many companies financials hit the skids. Not because of one specific company, unless they individually made some poor investment choices.
Chica Chaser is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #59
silvfox56
Account Disabled

I wore my button proudly after the election " I Voted Today" underscored by a label "for the loser"
silvfox56 is offline   Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #60
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
Did all of these Enron employees have their entire 401k in Enron stocks? Then sure, when the company went out, of course their accounts were gutted.

However, every plan I have ever had you always have to choose what funds you want to invest in, they are always diversified across many companies to prevent exactly this from happening. One of those plans being that companies own stock, but the employee would have to consciously choose that option and choose 100% of his account be invested there.

If they chose wrong and drank the Enron kool-aid....sucks for them.
+1 Investment advisors have always advised against placing 100% of one’s retirement fund into the stock of the company they work for lest something does happen to the company. Someone who unwisely does so is likely to lose both their job and their retirement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chica Chaser View Post
A lot of peoples 401k's lost a lot of money starting back in 2008, but that's only because many companies financials hit the skids. Not because of one specific company, unless they individually made some poor investment choices.
. . . where it has remained veritably stagnant when indexed against inflation.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women