Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70425
biomed160639
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47585
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35412
Mojojo33117

Old 09-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #46
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
I know this is taken from an older post, but I just have to ask: "Why would you even assume that these 9,400 people even want government benefits?

Except for the sloths of the nation, the remaining citizens do not even think they deserve, or want one dime more in services than what they paid for.
OK, you caught him exaggerating. It is actually 9,397 people, plus or minus 1.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #47
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
where are the donuts from .....and what kind of chips?
I'm thinking Dunkin' Donuts, and any chip with built in flavor, like cheetos.
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #48
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
Wilson took American citizens, born and raised, and sent them to the newly established Soviet Union. See Emma Goldberg and Jack Reed.
Only you could give examples to contradict your claim JD. "Red Emma" was never a US citizen, unless of course you consider Kaunos (formely Kovno) in Lithuania as part of the US.
Reed, and I presume you are referring to the author of 'Ten Days That Shook the World', was not deported, but rather went to Russia voluntarily as a delegate of the Communist International. Yes, he was arrested during the war, but was never convicted.
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #49
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24135021

The link shows more Americans giving up their citizenship. Many more rich folks will follow, until you liberals are left with the takers - have fun...
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:37 PM   #50
lostincypress
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer View Post
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24135021

The link shows more Americans giving up their citizenship. Many more rich folks will follow, until you liberals are left with the takers - have fun...
It appears they enjoy living in countries with higher tax rates but universal healthcare. The last paragraphs provide an interesting counterpoint to the premise of the article. I don't notice the Bill Gates and Warren Buffets giving up their citizenship. I have noticed many professional athletes relocating to the United States and many citizens who still find California a nice place to live....Mitt Romney for one.

"I don't know any Americans abroad who aren't thinking about giving it up but what I say to myself is that I will fight as long and as hard as I can.
"And it's only when I've exhausted all options that I will make that appointment with the US embassy."

But others said no matter what the tax hardship, they would never switch nationalities. Being an American, said one, was more important.

The tax system in Israel:
Israel's tax laws took a major change from 1.1.2003.
According to Israel's tax reform tax is levied on personal basis, instead of the previous territorial basis, Israelis pay tax on all sources of income, in Israel and abroad.
In 2013 Israel's corporate income tax rate is 25%.
Individual income tax rates in 2013 are 10%-50%.

lostincypress is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #51
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostincypress View Post
It appears they enjoy living in countries with higher tax rates but universal healthcare. The last paragraphs provide an interesting counterpoint to the premise of the article. I don't notice the Bill Gates and Warren Buffets giving up their citizenship. I have noticed many professional athletes relocating to the United States and many citizens who still find California a nice place to live....Mitt Romney for one.

"I don't know any Americans abroad who aren't thinking about giving it up but what I say to myself is that I will fight as long and as hard as I can.
"And it's only when I've exhausted all options that I will make that appointment with the US embassy."

But others said no matter what the tax hardship, they would never switch nationalities. Being an American, said one, was more important.

The tax system in Israel:
Israel's tax laws took a major change from 1.1.2003.
According to Israel's tax reform tax is levied on personal basis, instead of the previous territorial basis, Israelis pay tax on all sources of income, in Israel and abroad.
In 2013 Israel's corporate income tax rate is 25%.
Individual income tax rates in 2013 are 10%-50%.

They aren't going to get a job.

Most wealthy expats don't care what the personal or corporate tax rate is and they aren't eligible for free health care for decades, if ever and nor do they care. They care about the tax rate on investments and consumption taxes, shelters, trusts, and things that effect them. Most countries will also court the wealthy and give them substantial discounts or one flat fee if they will move their just so they will spend money in there economy.

Bottom line is, you will never know what they pay in taxes.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #52
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Happy to lose you, JL/Kayla/Rocky. But you've got to agree to stop taking!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #53
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

@chefnerd, that is exactly why I included John Reed. He was born and bred while Emma was naturalized. What I wrote still stands.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #54
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Emma tried to use her brief marriage to Jacob Kerschner as a claim to US citizenship and never went through the naturalization process. However, that was denied and she was ruled to be an alien resident and a Russian citizen by birth.

Reed was NOT deported but traveled to Russia by his own volition.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #55
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Go back and read a couple more books. Remember, you have to go by 1918-1924 standards and not today's standards. Apparently your source did so as well. Go look up Alexander Palmer, the Palmer raids, J. Edgar, anarchists, and the Red Scare....and also remember that many of the players were democrats.
Old 09-29-2013, 01:18 PM   #56
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Actually, the Palmer raids were after Emma was deported, although yes the hysteria surrounding the Bolshevik Revolution did contribute somewhat. All in all however, it was around 250 people deported under the acts of 1917 and 1918.

And she is generally referred to as Goldman rather than Goldberg.
Emma actually had her citizenship revoked in 1909, when the courts cancelled the citizenship of her former husband.

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive...DC405B898CF1D3

BTW -- Your sources are?
Old 09-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #57
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

A number of forgotten books on something I wrote a few years ago. A part of forgotten American history; wiretaps, spying, deportations of Chinese, Mexicans, Japanese, Russians and other assorted bad elements over a hundred years. Laws were twisted and sound very reasonable today if you don't know the background. The Espionage Act sounds reasonable because we had to fight World War I but how many know that it was proposed two years before the war started for the U.S. Like the Patriot Act of 2001. It was to fight terrorism but it came from 1995 where it was voted down. What war on terrorism in 1995?

Example: You could fall back on a technicality and say that the Japanese were never prisoners in the 1940s, they were detainees for their own good. We know better. They had no choice. What happens if a Japanese-American family refused to leave their home in Seattle and go to Oklahoma? They got arrested and went to Oklahoma anyway except with a loss of benefits because they became enemy civilians. Funny how government can make something reasonable sound unreasonable (and unpatriotic) just to justify government actions?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women