Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70440
biomed160768
Yssup Rider60123
gman4452954
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47646
pyramider46370
bambino40366
CryptKicker37100
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35481
Mojojo33117

Old 03-08-2010, 01:58 AM   #46
EmilyHemingway
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 5956
My ECCIE Reviews

Palin. I dislike her because I think she's a pushy bitch. That doesn't have anything to do with her politics though. Unfortunately, I agree with her politics more than most other politicians out there. Which isn't saying much. Mmm, wait, there's the ex brother-in-law she tried to get fired from his job as a trooper because of a family dispute, so put "pushy bitch" back to having something to do with her politics. Now I get to dislike her without feeling intellectually dishonest.

There are quite a number of people out there for whom "backward-ass yokel" would be exactly how other countries describe them. They are just as much "We, the people" as any other American.

Hemingway-Sacker (in some order) for 2012! My first act would be to fire Bernanke. My second would be to cleanse the aura of the Lincoln Bedroom by giving Carrie Hillcrest and Lauren Summerhill the run of it for a week, along with any gentleman who thought he could survive the night with the pair of them.
EmilyHemingway is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:18 AM   #47
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcaSxT View Post
And then you have the Tea Baggers who are claiming to be Libertarians.
First off, it is Tea Party, not Tea Bagger -- you reveal your liberal credentials with that derisive comment regardless of what your graphs show.

Second, the Tea Party movement is a small government movement whose only core issue is out of control government spend by both the Rep & the Dems at all levels of government. Both parties need them, because neither side can win with just their base.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:27 AM   #48
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
First off, it is Tea Party, not Tea Bagger -- you reveal your liberal credentials with that derisive comment regardless of what your graphs show.

Second, the Tea Party movement is a small government movement whose only core issue is out of control government spend by both the Rep & the Dems at all levels of government. Both parties need them, because neither side can win with just their base.
Word!
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:35 AM   #49
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyHemingway View Post
My second would be to cleanse the aura of the Lincoln Bedroom by giving Carrie Hillcrest and Lauren Summerhill the run of it for a week, along with any gentleman who thought he could survive the night with the pair of them.
Happy to take the challenge and hope they survive
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:38 AM   #50
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

I would take the challenge as well and if I didn't survive it would be a great place to haunt.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:13 AM   #51
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

The problem with the Tea people is that they proclaim they are for smaller govt. yet scream bloody murder if you talk about reigning in Medicade cost or Defense spending...or any spending that the GOP so loves. They want shit, yet do not offer up a solution as to how to pay for their wants. Kinda like the Dems.

I find them to be cute but a tad ignorant in the ways of actual spending. They did not unseat a sinle GOP incumbent here in Texas.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:59 AM   #52
pjorourke
Valued Poster

There is a difference between reigning in Medicare and cutting it (or more accurately pretending to cut it ala the "doc fix") so that you can shovel the money out the door on a more expensive program.

But then again, if health care is a "right", why are you surprised when people bitch about having their rights cut?

BTW, National Defense (including Iraq and Afghanistan) runs less than 20% of Federal expenditure or around 3-4% of GDP. Thats less than half what it was during Nam and about 1/3 what it was during the cold war. That horse has been beat to death.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Beat_dead_horse.gif (4.7 KB, 52 views)
Old 03-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #53
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyHemingway View Post
My second would be to cleanse the aura of the Lincoln Bedroom by giving Carrie Hillcrest and Lauren Summerhill the run of it for a week, along with any gentleman who thought he could survive the night with the pair of them.
If you survive you get a cabinet spot?!

Just Kidding.
rekcaSxT is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:34 AM   #54
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
BTW, National Defense (including Iraq and Afghanistan) runs less than 20% of Federal expenditure or around 3-4% of GDP. Thats less than half what it was during Nam and about 1/3 what it was during the cold war. That horse has been beat to death.
I am not going to say you are wrong on this because I honestly don't know. I don't know how anyone knows exactly what is spent where since the numbers are different depending on which pundit you ask. But if you had a trusted website to link us to I would really like to see it.

I am not "calling you out" or anything like that just asking if you have some research to show.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 AM   #55
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
It is a misstatement to place conservative and religious zealot in the same descriptive phrase as if they are one and the same. They are very different.
It is easy to imagine a conservative who might also be, in his private life, a religious zealot. But, it is not possible that the same man/woman could be a true conservative and espouse laws which force his religious views onto the people. A true conservative reveres the Constitution and adheres to it's prohibition on a state religion.

For books on conservative principle's, written in easy to understand, simple language try: The Conscience of a Conservative; and With No Apologies: The Outspoken Political Memoirs of America's Conservative Conscience both by Barry Goldwater.

The Libertarians among us, and I count myself very close to their camp, will recognize many of the principle's he espoused.
Hence my modifier, "contain some elements,"

Regards,
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #56
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
The problem with the Tea people is that they proclaim they are for smaller govt. yet scream bloody murder if you talk about reigning in Medicaid cost or Defense spending...or any spending that the GOP so loves. They want shit, yet do not offer up a solution as to how to pay for their wants. Kinda like the Dems.

I find them to be cute but a tad ignorant in the ways of actual spending. They did not unseat a sinle GOP incumbent here in Texas.
Gotta watch those generalizations, I've been to a couple of tea parties and also support elimination of medicare (medicaid, I think is a state issue and somewhat different, although I may be mistaken), as noted earlier in the thread I also think defense spending can be trimmed by elimination of the inordinate concern for collateral damage etc., I also agree that the F22 project was over priced and needed to die. We spend far too much trying to convert our broadsword to a scalpel for those afraid to wield it.

By the way, did you note that the turn out for the GOP primary was 2X the usual? Don't think the tea parties mean anything huh?

Regards,
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #57
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
I am not going to say you are wrong on this because I honestly don't know. I don't know how anyone knows exactly what is spent where since the numbers are different depending on which pundit you ask. But if you had a trusted website to link us to I would really like to see it.

I am not "calling you out" or anything like that just asking if you have some research to show.
Knock yourself out. Notice I disabled the gov link. A little cuttin and pastin should work

http://www.whitehouse . gov/omb/budget/fy2009/pdf/hist.pdf
Old 03-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #58
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
If you survive you get a cabinet spot?!

Just Kidding.
Second prize is TWO cabinet jobs.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #59
rekcaSxT
Lifetime Premium Access

Secretaries of Seduction and Pleasure...
Old 03-08-2010, 10:02 AM   #60
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Quote:

But then again, if health care is a "right", why are you surprised when people bitch about having their rights cut?

can anything that depends on another person to pay for it be a "right"?
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women