Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70422
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47568
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 03-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #46
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Ohio Constitution for ANONONE

Article 6 - Education
[ Hide Section Text ]
§ 01 Funds for religious and educational purposes
The principal of all funds, arising from the sale, or other disposition of lands, or other property, granted or entrusted to this State for educational and religious purposes, shall be used or disposed of in such manner as the General Assembly shall prescribe by law.

(Amended, effective July 1, 1968.)

§ 02 Schools funds
The General Assembly shall make such provisions, by taxation, or otherwise, as, with the income arising from the school trust fund, will secure a thorough and efficient system of common schools throughout the state; but no religious or other sect, or sects, shall ever have any exclusive right to, or control of, any part of the school funds of this state.

§ 03 Public school system, boards of education
Provision shall be made by law for the organization, administration and control of the public school system of the state supported by public funds: provided, that each school district embraced wholly or in part within any city shall have the power by referendum vote to determine for itself the number of members and the organization of the district board of education, and provision shall be made by law for the exercise of this power by such school districts.

(Adopted September 3, 1912.)
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:47 PM   #47
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
THE TEXAS CONSTITUTION

ARTICLE 7. EDUCATION

Sec. 1. SUPPORT AND MAINTENANCE OF SYSTEM OF PUBLIC FREE SCHOOLS. A general diffusion of knowledge being essential to the preservation of the liberties and rights of the people, it shall be the duty of the Legislature of the State to establish and make suitable provision for the support and maintenance of an efficient system of public free schools.

I can't speak to your state. But this one is mine.
With all due respect to the over representation of Texas on this Board, but for at least the benefit of the owners that are acting like it is a National , even International (I Know, I'm laughing as I'm typing), Board can we stop with the citing of (Texas) State Law as Gospel
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:49 PM   #48
discreetgent
Valued Poster

New York

ARTICLE XI

Education

[Common schools]

Section 1. The legislature shall provide for the maintenance and support of a system of free common schools, wherein all the children of this state may be educated. (Formerly §1 of Art. 9. Renumbered by Constitutional Convention of 1938 and approved by vote of the people November 8, 1938.)

[Regents of the University]

§2. The corporation created in the year one thousand seven hundred eighty-four, under the name of The Regents of the University of the State of New York, is hereby continued under the name of The University of the State of New York. It shall be governed and its corporate powers, which may be increased, modified or diminished by the legislature, shall be exercised by not less than nine regents. (Formerly §2 of Art. 9. Renumbered and amended by Constitutional Convention of 1938 and approved by vote of the people November 8, 1938.)
Old 03-10-2010, 09:51 PM   #49
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Massachusetts

rticle XVIII. [All moneys raised by taxation in the towns and cities for the support of public schools, and all moneys which may be appropriated by the state for the support of common schools, shall be applied to, and expended in, no other schools than those which are conducted according to law, under the order and superintendence of the authorities of the town or city in which the money is to be expended; and such moneys shall never be appropriated to any religious sect for the maintenance exclusively of its own schools.] [Superseded by Amendments, Arts. XLVI, XCVI and CIII.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #50
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Idaho (atlcomedy let me know when I can stop )

ARTICLE IX EDUCATION AND SCHOOL LANDS

SECTION 3.PUBLIC SCHOOL PERMANENT ENDOWMENT FUND TO REMAIN INTACT. The public school permanent endowment fund of the state shall forever remain inviolate and intact; the earnings of the public school permanent endowment fund shall be deposited into the public school earnings reserve fund and distributed in the maintenance of the schools of the state, and among the counties and school districts of the state in such manner as may be prescribed by law. No part of the public school permanent endowment fund principal shall ever be transferred to any other fund, or used or appropriated except as herein provided. Funds shall not be appropriated by the legislature from the public school earnings reserve fund except as follows: the legislature may appropriate from the public school earnings reserve fund administrative costs incurred in managing the assets of the public school endowment including, but not limited to, real property and monetary assets. The state treasurer shall be the custodian of these funds, and the same shall be securely and profitably invested as may be by law directed. As defined and prescribed by law, the state shall supply losses to the public school permanent endowment fund, excepting losses on moneys allocated from the public school earnings reserve fund.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:53 PM   #51
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Wyoming

97-7-001. Legislature to provide for public schools.

The legislature shall provide for the establishment and maintenance of a complete and uniform system of public instruction, embracing free elementary schools of every needed kind and grade, a university with such technical and professional departments as the public good may require and the means of the state allow, and such other institutions as may be necessary.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #52
discreetgent
Valued Poster

CONSTITUTION OF THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI

Article 8, Section 201. Free public schools.

The Legislature shall, by general law, provide for the establishment, maintenance and support of free public schools upon such conditions and limitations as the Legislature may prescribe.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #53
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
With all due respect to the over representation of Texas on this Board, but for at least the benefit of the owners that are acting like it is a National , even International (I Know, I'm laughing as I'm typing), Board can we stop with the citing of (Texas) State Law as Gospel
Feeling a bit cranky tonight are we? I didn't realize a subject had to have national (or maybe it is international) concensus before posting.

Try eating some crackers at the same time. It helps with absorbtion.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:55 PM   #54
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Alabama before it was amended

SECTION 256

Duty of legislature to establish and maintain public school system; apportionment of public school fund; separate schools for white and colored children.

The legislature shall establish, organize, and maintain a liberal system of public schools throughout the state for the benefit of the children thereof between the ages of seven and twenty-one years. The public school fund shall be apportioned to the several counties in proportion to the number of school children of school age therein, and shall be so apportioned to the schools in the districts or townships in the counties as to provide, as nearly as practicable, school terms of equal duration in such school districts or townships. Separate schools shall be provided for white and colored children, and no child of either race shall be permitted to attend a school of the other race.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:58 PM   #55
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Arkansas

Intelligence and virtue being the safeguards of liberty and the bulwark of a free and good government, the State shall ever maintain a general, suitable and efficient system of free public schools and shall adopt all suitable means to secure to the people the advantages and opportunities of education.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:59 PM   #56
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
Feeling a bit cranky tonight are we? I didn't realize a subject had to have national (or maybe it is international) concensus before posting.

Try eating some crackers at the same time. It helps with absorbtion.
Why is it always cranky with me????

But I really think we'll let DG go a few minutes before we have him stop...
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #57
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Alaska

Text of Section 1:
Public Education
The legislature shall by general law establish and maintain a system of public schools open to all children of the State, and may provide for other public educational institutions. Schools and institutions so established shall be free from sectarian control. No money shall be paid from public funds for the direct benefit of any religious or other private educational institution.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #58
guest051510-1
Miss America

User ID: 3339

First let me say, I haven't read this whole thread.

I see lots of comments about private schools and public schools, but what about home schoolers? If we pay taxes and want to home school our kids, should we get a refund or tax break? I know a lot of people that choose to home school their kids and they say that most colleges will consider home schoolers first because a lot of them have had better educations than what is offered in both public and private schools. I don't have the stats, but I have seen home schooler doing high school work at ages under 12 years old.
guest051510-1 is offline   Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:01 PM   #59
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Arizona

Article 11

Section 1. A. The legislature shall enact such laws as shall provide for the establishment and maintenance of a general and uniform public school system, which system shall include:
1. Kindergarten schools.
2. Common schools.
3. High schools.
4. Normal schools.
5. Industrial schools.
6. Universities, which shall include an agricultural college, a school of mines, and such other technical schools as may be essential, until such time as it may be deemed advisable to establish separate state institutions of such character.
B. The legislature shall also enact such laws as shall provide for the education and care of pupils who are hearing and vision impaired.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #60
ANONONE
BANNED

Encounters: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
Ohio Constitution for ANONONE

Article 6 - Education
[ Hide Section Text ]
§ 01 Funds for religious and educational purposes
The principal of all funds, arising from the sale, or other disposition of lands, or other property, granted or entrusted to this State for educational and religious purposes, shall be used or disposed of in such manner as the General Assembly shall prescribe by law.

(Amended, effective July 1, 1968.)

§ 02 Schools funds
The General Assembly shall make such provisions, by taxation, or otherwise, as, with the income arising from the school trust fund, will secure a thorough and efficient system of common schools throughout the state; but no religious or other sect, or sects, shall ever have any exclusive right to, or control of, any part of the school funds of this state.

§ 03 Public school system, boards of education
Provision shall be made by law for the organization, administration and control of the public school system of the state supported by public funds: provided, that each school district embraced wholly or in part within any city shall have the power by referendum vote to determine for itself the number of members and the organization of the district board of education, and provision shall be made by law for the exercise of this power by such school districts.

(Adopted September 3, 1912.)
Ohio Revised Code and State Supreme Court Rulings changed the rigidity of that. They have access to funding for transportation (the local district they are located in must transport their students using their buses), Special education (again the local district they are in must pay for aides and staff to serve any special needs children they have--I think that one may have been a federal mandate via the ADA) and books and curriculum (once again the local district they are in must share textbooks and enrichment resources with them, if they choose to adopt them, but some schools for religious reasons choose not too over value conflicts). . .there are a few more. . .these are just the ones I recall.

Ironically a few years back the entire funding mechanism was deemed unconstitutional. If I remember correctly the State Supreme Court even tried to hold the governor, state senators, and representatives in contempt of court and told them they had to fix the legislation and abolish levies and arrive at a direct funded system. That was at least a decade ago and nothing changed.

I am not exactly sure how you can hold the whole government in contempt of court. When that hit the headlines a number of people wondered if they would all be arrested since they pretty much ignored the judges. An interesting idea. . .accept that i think the Ohio National Guard and the Stat troopers only answer to the governor. I am not sure who the judges could have used to pull this off?
ANONONE is offline   Quote