Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70492
biomed161119
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40458
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 04-29-2011, 12:13 PM   #46
K2S0
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

so what are the opinions about the draft so far here" or are you guys waiting till its done to really make some judgements about how your team faired?

i always got faith in my pats but its been interesting so far
K2S0 is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 02:51 PM   #47
Jusanotherdude
Ambassadude

Encounters: 24

Deevad, I dunno about your Pats..... it all sounds great about the picks they keep accumulating, but they keep passing on guys that could have HUGH impacts for them (See Clay Matthews. Traded out of that pick so GB could grab him) and I don't think they do a great job of drafting, but the fact that they have SO many more than anyone else does, they have so much room for error as opposed to everyone else..... and they still have 12 throwing the ball..... and that's always nice!

I'm completely shocked that Jurrah Jones ACTUALLY drafted a lineman without a strong Head Coach (Jimmy or Tuna) pushing him to do so.... not sexy, but the right pick as Gnadfly said earlier.... Same for the Texans.... JJ Watt may not move the needle as far as Texan Fan is concerned but he was about as solid and safe a pick as there was in the draft not named Von Miller/Pat Pete/Marcy Darius......... And the Falcons will either look like fucking brialliant genius' (those are extra smart genius' fyi) or they will look about as dumb as a bag of hammers! Baltimore looked foolish with the missed pick (A-la Minnesota a few years back) but still got an outright stud on the field even if he is a turd off of it. But if there is a team where he will fall in line it is Balt and RayRay or it will be no one! All the QBs taken were no doubt reaches, but with no Free Agency folks get into panic mode so I guess I get it.......

More I suppose when we're done.......

JaD
Jusanotherdude is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #48
K2S0
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusanotherdude View Post
Deevad, I dunno about your Pats..... it all sounds great about the picks they keep accumulating, but they keep passing on guys that could have HUGH impacts for them (See Clay Matthews. Traded out of that pick so GB could grab him) and I don't think they do a great job of drafting, but the fact that they have SO many more than anyone else does, they have so much room for error as opposed to everyone else..... and they still have 12 throwing the ball..... and that's always nice!

I'm completely shocked that Jurrah Jones ACTUALLY drafted a lineman without a strong Head Coach (Jimmy or Tuna) pushing him to do so.... not sexy, but the right pick as Gnadfly said earlier.... Same for the Texans.... JJ Watt may not move the needle as far as Texan Fan is concerned but he was about as solid and safe a pick as there was in the draft not named Von Miller/Pat Pete/Marcy Darius......... And the Falcons will either look like fucking brialliant genius' (those are extra smart genius' fyi) or they will look about as dumb as a bag of hammers! Baltimore looked foolish with the missed pick (A-la Minnesota a few years back) but still got an outright stud on the field even if he is a turd off of it. But if there is a team where he will fall in line it is Balt and RayRay or it will be no one! All the QBs taken were no doubt reaches, but with no Free Agency folks get into panic mode so I guess I get it.......

More I suppose when we're done.......

JaD
i have questioned the hooded ones choices every now and again, but he's always answered them... people give him shit for his demeanor and the tape scandal but there aint denying that the man is a damn fine coach that is capable of bringing out the best in his players especially on D... they may not have the names but they produce. even when they play like shit (pats vs colts 2010) they still come out with plays... and i cant find too much fault with the clay matthews thing cuz i cheer for the pack too my NFC team lol.

and whether good or bad the way the pats handle their picks, getting them and using them, has always impressed me.

and yeah im surprised jones actually went after an OL... still hope it blows up in his face though (probably wont) lol... yeah i aint a dallas fan (probably gonna lose some points for that one lol).. i only cheer for a coupla teams, the Pats, the Pack and whoever is playing dallas LMAO

The QB class this year was relatively weak and i'm surprised so many went early but because of the lack of free agents like you said understandably so (gabbert to Tenn comes to mind) but the fact that Cam went number one just makes me grimace... Carolina is in shambles and they have no foundation and never realy allowed Clausen or Moore full control of that offense... no one had time to gel but of course in this league with that demand for immediate results they had to try and quick fix something. and to think that newton is gonna come in and immediately have an impact is silly, it's a longshot... But they decided to grab him, musta been something they saw in him, (or maybe they couldnt trade down and no one wanted first pick) but it aint gonna pay for itself for a long while and ive always been of the mindset that first round guys should be immediate contributors. I felt the same when denver traded up to get Tebow. it was nonsense

Im a houstonian but never was able to get behind the Texans, but I will agree that though Watt isn't a sexy choice it was a solid one... hopefully he will be a strong presence on the Olé Defense and can get some pressure on opposing QBs so the Texans horrible secondary doesnt get shredded so damn much...

cant wait to see what other pieces everyone is going to get... then we can start to see how th season is gonna shape up!
K2S0 is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:32 PM   #49
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Until they change key rules, the NFL is a pocket passers league.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #50
K2S0
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Until they change key rules, the NFL is a pocket passers league.

it's not just the rules... the pocket passer is the scheme that all head offices feel is the only way to WIN and therefore the majority of coaching staffs follow suit... they find spread offenses and option reads with running QBs a gimmicky liability...

so even with rule changes to protect a running QB, or that reverting the tuck or Brady rules... it's not likely to differ and if it did it would take years and years and many regime changes throughout the entire league to actually see any sort of scheme changes that deviate from the pocket passer
K2S0 is offline   Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 02:04 AM   #51
Seomon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

Wait, so you don't think Tashard Choice or Felix Jones are any good?!?! You've GOT to be kidding! Why would you want to load up on an offensive backfield that is the envy of most teams in the league??? Don't get it bro, no matter what you think of Ingram. Better we get stronger defensive backfield play or better linebacker play (we haven't had it since Nguyen left). I'd be up for getting another stud pass rusher to work along side of Demarcus Ware... And even though I love Emmitt and think he is one of the greatest ever, I still have to agree with gnadfly. That offensive line we had in the 90s was the best ever. I won't say that anyone could have done what Emmitt did behind that line, but I'm sure having it didn't hurt either.
Seomon is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women