Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70437
biomed160705
Yssup Rider60042
gman4452944
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47625
pyramider46370
bambino40341
CryptKicker37094
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35446
Mojojo33117

Old 04-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #46
FireSerpent
Account Disabled

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_galt View Post
Cheaper... Open your damn eyes, that was black OR underground economy. That means people who don't declare their income or get their income by illegal means. Dumas

Dude... did you just say that because I'm black I don't declare my income? Or did you mean that because I'm black I get my income by illegal means?

FireSerpent is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:09 PM   #47
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Good Question

I am waiting for Galt's reply.

Let's ask Trump what he meant too. He gets along with the blacks you know.

Throw him in a pit of Ashy Adders, Blazing Boas, smoldering snakes, and roaring reptiles twas me.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:45 PM   #48
Guest102513-1
Account Disabled

Just to lighten things up a bit...but still on the target of taxes....

Now, I know this will probably never happen in my lifetime, at least not here in the
God-fearing Bible belt. But I'm thinking, a solid source for new taxes, and a consumption tax that would be great!....(hopefully this is not against rules, since it is brought up in a serious discussion of taxes)

Legalize pot! Bring it out of the shadows, like in some of the more progressive states. Then, of course have it become subject to Sales Tax...either at the state level or national level.

This in turn, will also eliminate the legal $$$'s that are used to "fight pot", and perhaps free up some of those $$$'s towards the heavier, more dangerous drugs.

Pot is no more of an entry-way drug, than beer is to Alcoholism or slot machines are to a gambling addiction.

Certainly this new source of tax income alone is not going to solve all of our funding problems...but especially at a State level could be a new source to help with the states current budget problems.

And, it would also help out older folks like me, whose network of sources shrinks as time goes on.

I know, that last point, probably isn't going to be a big deal to many, lol. But it sure would make things easier for my circle of friends, lol.
Guest102513-1 is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 01:49 PM   #49
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Legalize

Totally agree with you.

It never hurts to be in a mellow state.

Alas stems and seeds.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 11:11 PM   #50
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

One thing that hasn't been factored in is that rich people didn't get that way by being stupid. And if they are stupid, they can afford to hire smart tax lawyers and accountants. So go ahead and tax them more, and watch their money leave the country. Along with even more jobs.

I don't particularly like rich people (even though I would like to be one) the fact is that soaking them for more taxes will be counterproductive. Yeah, taxing them more sounds like a good idea, "fair share" and all that, but it won't work.

I prefer a system that will draw the trillions of dollars accumulating overseas back here. That will involve policies that encourage the accumulation of wealth and discourages the incentives to remain poor. So far, I haven't seen anything to compare to the FairTax to do just that. But I could be wrong. But I doubt it.

No need to remind everyone that a progressive income tax is a plank in the Communist Manifesto. We all know how well that worked out for Eastern Europe.

So tax the rich. Punish them for doing well. Make sure they pay to show their appreciation for living in this country. And watch them find another country that they can appreciate for less money. They have the means and ability to find those countries.

No, it's not right, but it is the way it is.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #51
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Actually, the only way to save the economy at this point is to adopt the FairTax. The revenue generation would be tremendous. Please take a few minutes to understand it before you criticize it. www.fairtax.org

Businesses would return, job creation would be astronomical and our trade deficit would be eliminated. But it is too easy to distort and demagogue. Just read the posts that follow.
The President's Advisory Panel for Federal Tax Reform cited the rebate as one of their chief concerns when analyzing their national sales tax, stating that it would be the largest entitlement program in American history, and contending that it would "make most American families dependent on monthly checks from the federal government"
Then there is the problem with rampant fraud, budget shortfalls, tax receipt uncertainty, and letting rich folk off the hook with the regressive income taxation.

The so-called Fair Tax is a nice way to trick people. Why haven't right wingers found enough suckers to buy this crap since 1999? There are idiots all over the place ( just look at the Tea Partyists), so why has the bill been stuck in committee? Can't the Republican majority in the House pass it? Or did they lose the Fair Tax bill and can't find it?
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:15 AM   #52
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon View Post
the rich already pay most of the taxes now.
That's true...depending on how you want to tell the lie.

As a PERCENTAGE of income, the poor pay more TOTAL TAXES. Now, if you want to exclude state sales taxes, etc...and want to go by dollar amounts instead of percentages (the opposite of what the Flat Tax/Fair Tax droolers usually do), and just focus on INCOME taxes, then you can spin it around to making a claim that "the rich pay most of the taxes".

Q: When you go to a grocery store and buy a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs who pays more taxes, rich or poor?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:25 AM   #53
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshunter View Post
A dose of reality regarding taxing "the rich" - the total combined income of all Americans with incomes over $250K (Obama's 'rich') - was about $1.6 trillion in 2009. Hence, you could tax these people at 100% (and even if you're stupid enough to think that they would still earn just to give all their money to the government), and it would barely cover Obama's DEFICIT.

We have to cut government. Not with a scalpel, not a machete, but a buzzsaw.

And it sure as hell wouldn't hurt to remove some of the deductions so that the bottom 50% pay some taxes. Currently they vote as a dependent bloc; they need to share in the pain as well.
Nobody is suggesting a 100% tax rate. Nice try! I think a 2% or 3% return to their previous rates was suggested.

As you pointed out, they made &1.6 Trillion in one year. Asking them to pay a little more to save the nation isn't out of line.

P.S. You seem to think that the poor don't pay sales tax. Why?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #54
deacon
Valued Poster

http://www.heritage.org/budgetchartb...income-earners
deacon is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 09:28 AM   #55
deacon
Valued Poster

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Nearly....html?x=0&.v=1
Old 04-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #56
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_galt View Post
A major caveat of the Fair Tax is the repeal of the 16th amendment so the federal income tax goes away along with most of the IRS.
Why do you hate the United States Constitution? Obviously, you aren't a Constitutionalist. You're just a Progressive that wants to change the Constitution at a whim. Activist judges, etc...

ITT, Republifags that would like to change the Constitution so that rich people pay less taxes.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:31 AM   #57
deacon
Valued Poster

Q: When you go to a grocery store and buy a gallon of milk and a dozen eggs who pays more taxes, rich or poor?..... question? when the so called rich go to the car dealer and buy a new suv every year who pays more taxes, rich or poor?
Old 04-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #58
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Since you can't answer my question I'll do it for you, freeloader.

A: They pay the same sales tax rate and same dollar amount for milk and eggs. Yet, the rich pay much less compared to their income. (You should recognize this, because Fox News has been ranting about higher food prices hitting the poor the most for a year now.)

The answer to your question is a little more complex. Let me ask a few questions before I answer.
Q1: Does this rich person trade in his old SUV or keep it?
Q2: Does he have a collection of a dozen SUVs because he buys a new one every year?
Q3: Who buys the trade-in SUV?
Q4: Does the buyer of the trade-in SUV pay a sales tax?
Q5: What vehicle did this buyer trade in?

Oh snap! I'll stop right here. You can see where this is going.

Income tax percentages are different than income tax dollars. Sales taxes are different than income taxes. And it all has to be weighed against the wealth of the taxpayer if you want it to make any kind of sense. Plus, nothing happens in a vacuum. Your car dealership example clearly shows that. That trade-in vehicle goes somewhere, and somebody is going to pay a sales tax on it. Trickle down economics, lol.
Old 04-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #59
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

tank dont forget your hummer you blacks buy with your drug money or the rebates for having kids. wtf a dick head born everyday
Cheaper2buyit is offline   Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #60
deacon
Valued Poster

Q1: Does this rich person trade in his old SUV or keep it?
Q2: Does he have a collection of a dozen SUVs because he buys a new one every year?
Q3: Who buys the trade-in SUV?
Q4: Does the buyer of the trade-in SUV pay a sales tax?
Q5: What vehicle did this buyer trade in?

1 what does it matter? 2. taxes are collected each time the suv is sold and he buys a new one. 3.it aint a poor person who cant afford the tax on milk and eggs. 4. yes every time it is sold.5. a clunker, remember?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women