Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70486
biomed161081
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453048
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47789
pyramider46370
bambino40452
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-30-2021, 01:43 PM   #46
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
More and more Scientist believe Covid was man made;

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/co...67f166bcabd985

Who is saying it came from bats? The WHO and CCP.
It had to come from bats Bambino. It's 92% similar genetically to several bat coronaviruses. I believe I read 98% for one. The question is whether a bat virus was modified in a laboratory to make its spike proteins able to more readily bind to human ACE2. The furin cleavage site theoretically could be created by combining a couple of coronaviruses. But regardless you'd have to start with a bat virus. More here:

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...ts-conspiracy/
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 01:46 PM   #47
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

It had to come from bats Bambino. It's 92% similar genetically to several bat coronaviruses. I believe I read 98% for one. The question is whether a bat virus was modified in a laboratory to make its spike proteins able to more readily bind to human ACE2.
That’s my point. It was made more contagious and lethal in the lab. Gain of function. It escaped from the lab.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 01:53 PM   #48
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
That’s my point. It was made more contagious and lethal in the lab. Gain of function. It escaped from the lab.
I think it's more likely it arose through natural selection -- See DTickler's paper and my comments, here,

https://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?p=1062280011

But hell if I know. I do agree with you, or maybe it's LexusLover, that further investigations are needed. Someday we may have something as infectious as COVID-19 and as lethal as SARS, and we need to be prepared.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 02:42 PM   #49
Levianon17
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
You had a biology class in college and you did not talk about viruses? You should ask for a refund.

BTW, I have had a class in microbiology. So from your own criteria I can speak about communicable diseases. Now scat.
Not really in the context of disease. We talked about Viruses in my Pathology Classes in terms of Disease and Public Health, Far more extensive than in any Biology course.
Levianon17 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 05:59 PM   #50
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I think it's more likely it arose through natural selection --
... what "arose"? Do you love China also?

It's really helpful to the discussion if one goes back into the history of THE LAB and other LABS financed in China during the Obaminable administration by U.S. pharma companies who were interested in utilizing the lax oversight by the Chinese government particularly if individuals in the government could be financially persuaded to "look the other way" or just not to look.

Another advantage was the use of humans to develop cell research by manipulating the DNA in cells and creating large cell banks for use in developing further cells for varying purposes. Less "patient rights" in China and the pay scale marginal.

A "bat" wasn't doing it. Techs under the supervision of doctors, chemists, and biologists ... most of whom were Chinese or NonU.S. Ask Fauci ... he was overseeing the transition and expansion of the Chinese pharma business.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 06:06 PM   #51
LexusLover
Valued Poster

No wonder it's taking so long to discover the source of the Covid ...

... Tiny and adav are over hear posting on Eccie and there are no other experts on the topic to share information .... they have degrees and took a class! They don't even need to read the research, testing, and reports.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 06:52 PM   #52
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
No wonder it's taking so long to discover the source of the Covid ...

... Tiny and adav are over hear posting on Eccie and there are no other experts on the topic to share information .... they have degrees and took a class! They don't even need to read the research, testing, and reports.
Happy to let you take over LexusLover. Yeah, I shouldn't be reading or linking to Nature, Lancet and the MIT Technology Review. They're all kind of shady. Maybe you could point us towards something on Breitbart or whatever...I'm not up to date on media preferred by alt R Democrats like you and Steve Bannon.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:05 PM   #53
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Happy to let you take over LexusLover. Yeah, I shouldn't be reading or linking to Nature, Lancet and the MIT Technology Review. They're all kind of shady. Maybe you could point us towards something on Breitbart or whatever...I'm not up to date on media preferred by alt R Democrats like you and Steve Bannon.
Lancet is very shady. They blasted HCQ, but then they where wrong. “DEAD” wrong.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...oroquine-study
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:25 PM   #54
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Lancet is very shady. They blasted HCQ, but then they where wrong. “DEAD” wrong.

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/2020...oroquine-study
Yeah, Why_Yes_I_Do, eccielover and maybe Levianon had a huge laugh at my expense when I threw that paper in Lancet at them and then a few weeks later Lancet retracted it.

While your link might indicate the issue has to do with patient confidentiality, I remember thinking the way they were combining data from many sources made their conclusions suspect. But I wasn't going to say anything about it to eccielover et al. They were claiming HCQ was the greatest thing since sliced white bread. I was saying I wouldn't take HCQ because of the side effects. Then this paper pops up in a prestigious medical journal that said it killed people. Haha, I thought I had them over a barrel!

But no, actually they had the last laugh.

This doesn't make Lancet shady though -- they did retract the paper.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 09:05 PM   #55
goodman0422
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adav8s28 View Post
1. The interviewer made a mistake at the very beginning. Corona viruses can be vaccinated against. (See Moderna and Pfizer for examples)

2. The person being interviewed simply explained the gain of function research technique. He did not offer any proof that spike protein portion of the SARS Cov2 virus was manufactured in the lab in China. He didn't even mention China.
The guy in the video is Peter Daszak. He was on the WHO team that investigated the virus origen. He is also president of EcoHealth Alliance. (The NGO that gave the Wuhan lab $600k before the pandemic to study Coronavirus.)

The video is from Dec 2019, before there was a vaccine.
He also said that he "USED" Ralph Barrick at UNC Chapel Hill to add the spike protein to the virus. (Note the use of past tense.)
goodman0422 is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:27 PM   #56
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Half the lab’s in the icu, the other half is hanging out with Luca Brasi somewhere, but it was a bat’s fault. Sounds legit.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:28 PM   #57
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:55 PM   #58
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

Quote:

It had to come from bats Bambino. It's 92% similar genetically to several bat coronaviruses. I believe I read 98% for one. The question is whether a bat virus was modified in a laboratory to make its spike proteins able to more readily bind to human ACE2. The furin cleavage site theoretically could be created by combining a couple of coronaviruses. But regardless you'd have to start with a bat virus. More here:

https://www.technologyreview.com/202...ts-conspiracy/
You can generically modify a virus to appear as though it's not gametically modified. I'm not going to post a link, because I don't remember where I heard or read that, and I'm too lazy to go looking for it.
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 11:56 PM   #59
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

LOL I think I read that wrong. Are you guys trying to talk science? Have you gone gay?
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 06:16 AM   #60
adav8s28
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post

... Tiny and adav are over hear posting on Eccie and there are no other experts on the topic to share information .... they have degrees and took a class!
LL, yes Tiny and I are over here posting on Eccie. What's the matter LL spell check did not catch that for you? You don't proofread before you post?

adav8s28 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women