Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70497
biomed161137
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453055
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47806
pyramider46370
bambino40462
CryptKicker37109
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 05-19-2023, 11:58 AM   #46
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post

And the leftists started the whole cancel culture. It is only recently that the right has started to fight back and turn cancel culture against the leftists. And only then did the leftists whine about cancel culture because they can't handle it being done to them and their pet causes

Once again you're not being truthful. "The right" tried to cancel Elen in 1997 when she came out as gay, They tried to cancel The Chicks, formerly the Dixie Chicks, all the way back in 2003. They tried to cancel the name French Fries around the same time. LOL Trump's Cult of Ignorance tried to cancel the NFL in 2016, Nike shortly after that, Dicks Sporting Goods in 2018, etc.
1pittsburgh is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 12:01 PM   #47
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

McCarthism was cancel culture
HDGristle is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 12:03 PM   #48
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase7 View Post
This discussion is exactly what liberals want. Stir some shit with anything they can come up with.
Wonder what new bullshit thing liberals will come up with to take attention away from how they have fucked up the country since Biden has been in office.

Drag has been around since way before my time. The vast majority don’t give a flip.

The issue is liberals blowing all these liberal ploys out of proportion to cause discord.
Again most could care less. Do your thing and leave the rest of us out of it.

"Liberals" are not the ones causing discord in this instance. It wouldn't be an issue if the RWN didn't try to the cancel the drag brunch. The restaurant "did it's thing" and didn't try to include anyone who didn't want to go. Then, instead of just not attending a brunch that they weren't into, these RWN publicly tried to hurt the business.
Old 05-19-2023, 12:18 PM   #49
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pittsburgh View Post
Once again you're not being truthful. "The right" tried to cancel Elen in 1997 when she came out as gay, They tried to cancel The Chicks, formerly the Dixie Chicks, all the way back in 2003. They tried to cancel the name French Fries around the same time. LOL Trump's Cult of Ignorance tried to cancel the NFL in 2016, Nike shortly after that, Dicks Sporting Goods in 2018, etc.
Ho hum -

My New Study Proves It: Cancel Culture Is Much Worse on the Left | Opinion
SAMUEL J. ABRAMS , PROFESSOR OF POLITICS AT SARAH LAWRENCE COLLEGE

https://www.newsweek.com/my-new-stud...pinion-1598727

The myth that the right cancels as much as the left

While mainstream America may associate cancel culture with woke progressives exiling those who cross lines newly drawn in the sand, left-leaning commentators want to let you know it’s as much a problem if not worse on the right. The facts are not on their side.

But in the real world today, the actual threat of being canceled is far stronger coming from the left than the right.

It is left-of-liberal progressives and their obsession with hurt feelings who have weaponized language to shrink the parameters of acceptable speech, and who insist that non-prescribed words amount to violence against “oppressed” groups.

And it is disagreement on subjects most important to them, like race and gender, that most often end in canceling.

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...5ge-story.html
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 12:56 PM   #50
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Ho hum -

My New Study Proves It: Cancel Culture Is Much Worse on the Left | Opinion
SAMUEL J. ABRAMS , PROFESSOR OF POLITICS AT SARAH LAWRENCE COLLEGE

https://www.newsweek.com/my-new-stud...pinion-1598727

The myth that the right cancels as much as the left

While mainstream America may associate cancel culture with woke progressives exiling those who cross lines newly drawn in the sand, left-leaning commentators want to let you know it’s as much a problem if not worse on the right. The facts are not on their side.

But in the real world today, the actual threat of being canceled is far stronger coming from the left than the right.

It is left-of-liberal progressives and their obsession with hurt feelings who have weaponized language to shrink the parameters of acceptable speech, and who insist that non-prescribed words amount to violence against “oppressed” groups.

And it is disagreement on subjects most important to them, like race and gender, that most often end in canceling.

https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/...5ge-story.html

Once your lie about who started it was dispelled, you moved the goal posts to who does it more. LOL

When you think about all the shit the religious right has tried to cancel over the years, you're probably still being dishonest. I remember when I was a kid they were trying to cancel explicit rap music.

The Cult leader even said that he was trying to cancel all Muslims from entering the country. I'm well aware that the courts and the constitution stopped him from doing it, but his exact words were "Donald Trump is calling for a total and complete shut down of Muslims entering the country..."
Old 05-19-2023, 01:13 PM   #51
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Nothing was dispelled. But it is interesting to see you so bent out of shape now about cancel culture. Thanks for proving my point that leftists whine about cancel culture now because they can't handle it being done to them and their pet causes
berryberry is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 01:54 PM   #52
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Quote:
Nothing was dispelled. But it is interesting to see you so bent out of shape now about cancel culture. Thanks for proving my point that leftists whine about cancel culture now because they can't handle it being done to them and their pet causes
Your notion that "the left"invented cancel culture and the RWN have only recently adopted it has absolutely been dispelled. The RWN have been deploying canceling strategies since at least the 1980s, though I suspect that it's been much longer than that.

"Bent out of shape" is an interesting way to describe laughing at the hypocrisy of these folks.
Old 05-19-2023, 02:00 PM   #53
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Forget Muslims, we need to slam the door shut to ALL immigration until we get our own house in order. We have 20+ vets committing suicide EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. and who knows how many addicted. One out of every 50 kids is now diagnosed with autism, not to mention Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Spina Bifida, and on and on. Altogether over 10% of kids are considered as having a disability requiring an IEP.

Let’s help our people. Until then foreigners can lobby their own governments to do the same, rather than coming here and depleting much needed resources.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 03:19 PM   #54
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

Those resources aren't going to go to vets. And you'll find some interesting things happen you won't like if you turn off the spigot a d eliminate immigration.

But that has nothing to do with this brunch
Old 05-20-2023, 12:28 AM   #55
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/zeli...ESX3WLYLLPTKM/

https://www.audacy.com/kdkaradio/new...-out-drag-show
Old 05-20-2023, 07:22 AM   #56
HDGristle
The Man (He/Him/His)

It's a sold out private party, gents.

There's going to be an after-party if anyone's interested in tossing on their hood and picketing the patio
Old 05-20-2023, 07:26 AM   #57
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

Sold out! Nice. I figured I'd have to wait till after the brunch to see that it sold out. At this rate it will probably become a regular thing! The cult members plan has backfired.
Old 05-20-2023, 07:54 AM   #58
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Backfired? LMAO! A couple hundred weirdos driving up from the city for an evening means nothing. The business still has to live off of the local community, it’ll be weeks or months before they can tell if their groomathon has any impact. In that neighborhood, I’d lay odds that it’s a net negative.
Old 05-20-2023, 07:56 AM   #59
1pittsburgh
Valued Poster

I'd certainly take that bet. How about this proposal? If that location is still in business six months from now, you never post in this sandbox again. If it goes out of business within the next six months, I'll never post in this sandbox again. Do we have a bet, Jacuzzme?
Old 05-20-2023, 07:57 AM   #60
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDGristle View Post
Those resources aren't going to go to vets. And you'll find some interesting things happen you won't like if you turn off the spigot a d eliminate immigration.

But that has nothing to do with this brunch
Those resources can go wherever the people who write budgets direct them.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women