Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70491
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40458
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-18-2014, 11:29 AM   #46
Iron_Man
Valued Poster

Encounters: 17

I blame the media
Iron_Man is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #47
Kammye
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 124816
My ECCIE Reviews

RIP MICHAEL BROWN. TRAYVON MARTIN. OSCAR GRANT. JORDAN DAVIS. SEAN BELL. AND THE COUNTLESS OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD. MY PRAYERS TO ALL THE FAMILIES INVOLVED.
Kammye is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #48
GlobeSpotter
Account Disabled

Encounters: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Man View Post
I blame the media
This is not an unreasonable statement. I was listening to fox news on my commute this morning and a guest legal analyst gave a blow-by-blow of the information being leaked out by the media and public versus what was being obtained and (released/not released) by the investigation team.

Witnesses' stories change as more factual information comes out. Like "I saw him get shot in the back....but then their statement story changes when the presumed witness learns there weren't any bullets entering the back."

I'm not blaming anyone....but it is best that the information be obtained and release properly... or at least "legally" which might not always be the best thing either. Some laws...are not in the accused or victim's interest....but more in the interest of the drive by media or general taxpayer. (example: releasing 911 call recordings)

Sorry for any gibberish and typos...in a hurry today.
GlobeSpotter is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:37 PM   #49
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kammye View Post
RIP MICHAEL BROWN. TRAYVON MARTIN. OSCAR GRANT. JORDAN DAVIS. SEAN BELL. AND THE COUNTLESS OTHERS WHO HAVE BEEN MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD. MY PRAYERS TO ALL THE FAMILIES INVOLVED.
All those people were murdered in cold blood? Or are you trying to be grammatically obtuse?
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:45 PM   #50
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
If that was him in that tape robbing that guy. I don't really care he got shot. If he was working to buy his blunts he wouldn't have got shot. The people rioting don't give a shit he got shot either they are even worse. Just stealing shit to steal it. And isn't that what started this current situation anyway.
I agree. These people protesting act like he was at a park flying a kite when he was killed. I don't think he deserved to die, but I am not surprised at how the situation escalated.
Brooke Wilde is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #51
Iron_Man
Valued Poster

It reminds me of Rodney King- I was in or around high school when that happened; huge debate about not showing the high speed chase and confrontation leading up to his assault.

What I got out of it is this: Cops tell you to get down, you get down. Cops say hands up, you put your hands up. Your day in court doesn't happen when the cop(s) start yelling commands.

In most of these situations, compliance would have saved lives.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:51 PM   #52
Brooke Wilde
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4781
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobeSpotter View Post
Maybe this guy should have controlled his behavior a little better....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookn4boobies View Post
Yep.

You create your own social unjustice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramider View Post
With actions and decisions there are consequences ...

Yep, personal accountably is becoming scarce.
Brooke Wilde is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:15 PM   #53
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Man View Post
In most of these situations, compliance would have saved lives.
Agree...in almost every similar circumstance the young hero martyr would still be with us had he only followed the officer's instruction.

Why don't they?

Thug culture would give demerits to their street cred if they were compliant. Peer pressure rewards their defiance.

So now they're Darwin Award contenders. And every time it happens the same old sob sisters wail and moan; and Injun, Paki, Korean shopkeepers lose their life savings.

Let's spare a tear for them...the real innocent victims.
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:39 PM   #54
htownhammer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don T. Lukbak View Post
the young hero martyr would still be with us had he only followed the officer's instruction....Let's spare a tear for them...the real innocent victims.
Compliance with instructions would have helped Abner Louima, Oscar Grant, or Amadou Diallo? No innocent victims?

Volpe arrested Louima on charges of disorderly conduct, obstructing government administration, and resisting arrest. Volpe later admitted he was mistaken about Louima being his assailant.[2]
The arresting officers beat Louima with their fists, nightsticks, and hand-held police radios on the ride to the station.[3] On arriving at the station house, he was strip-searched and put in a holding cell. The beating continued later, culminating with Louima being sexually assaulted in a bathroom at the 70th Precinct station house in Brooklyn. Volpe kicked Louima in the testicles

Grant, who was lying face down and allegedly resisting arrest.[4][5][6] Officer Mehserle stood and, according to his attorney, said: "Get back, I'm gonna Tase him."[7] Then Mehserle drew his gun and shot Grant once in the back.

Mistakenly believing Diallo had aimed a gun at them at close range, the officers opened fire on Diallo. During the shooting, lead officer McMellon tripped backward off the front stairs, causing the other officers to believe he had been shot. The four officers fired 41 shots, more than half of which went astray as Diallo was hit 19 times.[1]
The post-shooting investigation found no weapons on Diallo's body; the item he had pulled out of his jacket was not a gun, but a rectangular black wallet
htownhammer is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #55
Oralist
Premium Access

Encounters: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
All those people were murdered in cold blood? Or are you trying to be grammatically obtuse?

As were Joe Campos Torres, Juan Oregon, Ida Lee Delaney, Byron Gillum. All four right here in Houston. The first two are Hispanic, so it is not just African-Americans.

About 15 years ago, I was fly fishing in a pond on a Sunday at 59 and Corporate Drive. A speeding car tries to exit at Corporate, changes his mind, re-enters the freeway, spins out and crashes into the guard rail on the overpass over 90A. A minute later several HPD cars in pursuit arrive and surround the crashed car. Several Officers approach the car, weapons drawn. Suddenly they back off and begin shooting. The guy in the car was shot 54 times, according to news reports. Reports were they saw the guy with a gun. Only a can opener was found in the vehicle.
Oralist is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:03 PM   #56
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownhammer View Post
Compliance with instructions would have helped Abner Louima, Oscar Grant
Yes...they both resisted. Louima wouldn't be butt hurt and Grant would be alive if they had just followed the officer's instructions.

Quote:
or Amadou Diallo? No innocent victims and no one worth shedding tears?
OK, you got me...The poor bastard got gunned down through no fault of his own. I guess this means that America's no place for blacks since this never happens to white people.

Is that your point?
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:08 PM   #57
Kammye
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 124816
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oralist View Post
As were Joe Campos Torres, Juan Oregon, Ida Lee Delaney, Byron Gillum. All four right here in Houston. The first two are Hispanic, so it is not just African-Americans.

About 15 years ago, I was fly fishing in a stock pond on a Sunday at 59 and Corporate Drive. A speeding car tries to exit at Corporate, changes his mind, re-enters the freeway, spins out and crashes into the guard rail on the overpass over 90A. A minute later several HPD cars in pursuit arrive and surround the crashed car. Several Officers approach the car, weapons drawn. Suddenly they back off and begin shooting. The guy in the car was shot 54 times, according to news reports. Reports were they saw the guy with a gun. Only a can opener was found in the vehicle.

I nvr said it was just AA. I named the men im familiar with is all. But thx for your words and prayers for the families as well.
Kammye is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 05:19 PM   #58
Iron_Man
Valued Poster

Quote:
Compliance with instructions would have helped Abner Louima, Oscar Grant, or Amadou Diallo? No innocent victims?

Volpe arrested Louima on charges of disorderly conduct, obstructing government administration, and resisting arrest. Volpe later admitted he was mistaken about Louima being his assailant.[2]
The arresting officers beat Louima with their fists, nightsticks, and hand-held police radios on the ride to the station.[3] On arriving at the station house, he was strip-searched and put in a holding cell. The beating continued later, culminating with Louima being sexually assaulted in a bathroom at the 70th Precinct station house in Brooklyn. Volpe kicked Louima in the testicles

Grant, who was lying face down and allegedly resisting arrest.[4][5][6] Officer Mehserle stood and, according to his attorney, said: "Get back, I'm gonna Tase him."[7] Then Mehserle drew his gun and shot Grant once in the back.

Mistakenly believing Diallo had aimed a gun at them at close range, the officers opened fire on Diallo. During the shooting, lead officer McMellon tripped backward off the front stairs, causing the other officers to believe he had been shot. The four officers fired 41 shots, more than half of which went astray as Diallo was hit 19 times.[1]
The post-shooting investigation found no weapons on Diallo's body; the item he had pulled out of his jacket was not a gun, but a rectangular black wallet
Volpe went to jail for his actions and Louima didn't die, though during the ordeal, he probably wished for death. In no way do I think the cops behaved appropriately here, but it is not a valid argument to the compliance point. That said, the story is that Louima was involved in an altercation where the police were called. The altercation persisted after LE arrival. That doesn't sound compliant to me.

Osar Grant. Video located here . In it, you can clearly see that Mr. Grant begins to get up from seated position, which appears to be contrary to the orders given by the police. They subdue him (forcibly) and he continues to struggle. Finally he is shot, sadly. Again, I do not condone the actions of the officers, but I still feel that if he had complied and waited for his day in court, he'd still be here today to tell his side of the story.

Amadou Diallo. The story again says that the officers loudly identified themselves and repeatedly told him to "stop" and "Show his hands", which he ignored and reached for his wallet. Again, I do not condone the actions of the officers, but I still believe that if he Mr. Diallo had been compliant with the commands he would have had his day in court and we would have never even heard of him.

While all of the above situations are unfortunate and even sad, they are worst-case scenarios that could have potentially been avoided with compliance.

We live in an imperfect world governed by imperfect people enforcing imperfect rules. The point is that if a cop is telling you to jump, whether you agree with it or not, you should jump. Lay down if they say lay down, show your hands if they say to show them. Everyone has a right to have their day in court.
Old 08-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #59
Oralist
Premium Access

Encounters: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kammye View Post
I nvr said it was just AA. I named the men im familiar with is all. But thx for your words and prayers for the families as well.
This was only a comment that it does not happen only to Blacks and was not meant as any kind of criticism of any of the previous comments.
Oralist is offline   Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 07:03 PM   #60
wreckshop
BANNED

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ38 View Post
Hell yeah poppy, I'll drink to that... I'm just thankful for the presence of all the big booty ebony hotties in Houston that comprise about 75% of this "white boys" reviews.....
Slave owners were appreciative of this too back in the day.
wreckshop is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women