Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70439
biomed160768
Yssup Rider60114
gman4452953
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47639
pyramider46370
bambino40366
CryptKicker37099
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35481
Mojojo33117

Old 02-19-2016, 10:27 PM   #46
Guest010619
Account Disabled

Encounters: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
If you buy a handgun, I strongly recommend you take a concealed handgun carry course and get your license. You'll learn proper gun handling and other techniques that are valuable in handling and using a firearm. You should also check out where the nearest gun range is 'cause you're gonna want to shoot that sucker to get used to it.
I would get a laser sight for it. That's usually enough to scare away an assailant.
Where the red dot goes is where the red blood flows. Is my motto.
Guest010619 is offline   Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:38 PM   #47
ftango4
Valued Poster

Shot guns good for close quarters at your house.Even a single barrel .410 aka snake charmer. Or name your sawed off pleasure. But it's kind of a last resort like if they wake you up and you are asleep in the room.

You don't really want to shoot n "kill the intruder." Just stay in your locked room, call 911, and tell them to leave or its really going to hurt. If you do kill said intruder it will be a huge pain in your ass. Except for the "we lived part."

Of course there is always the shoot to kill strategy, but if you're geared up for it and depending on the situation, we have often used the shoot them in the leg or foot strategy. That's a little trickier with a shot gun obviously.

Just stay in the closet with the weapon, a bottle of Gin and phone it in. Don't go hunting. But yes of course learn how to handle the steel and regulate bro. Good luck.

Oh and go see Sgt. Duhon at the Texas Pistol Academy and shoot a couple of thousand of rounds and try their combat shot gun course. It's a long couple of days but if your military marksmanship skills are a little rusty, totally worth it.
ftango4 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:07 AM   #48
cheatercheater
Prowler

Encounters: 71

Wtf? If you pull the trigger you better be ready to kill not injure.

Shoot center mass and let the bodies fall where they may.
cheatercheater is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:12 AM   #49
Guest010619
Account Disabled

I also carry a pepper spray if temporarily disabling more than one assailant is necessary, with a less likelihood of a stray bullet. There are also some stungins available that you can use against an assailant should you only wish to disable but not kill, if that's more convenient. Some are part flashlight so telling a home intruder to put their hands up and turn around may make it easier to zap them. Unless they run out the door.
I would also be more comfortable having that under my pillow than my Taurus Judge loaded with shotgun shells.
Just check local laws as having a CCL allows you to carry guns, but not tasers, brass knuckles or knives.
Old 02-20-2016, 08:04 AM   #50
feetnstuff187
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeBreastFan View Post
I WOULD NOT use a shotgun for home self-defense.

Yes it can be deadly but you also have to use two hands to operate. I would rather have a free hand for a flashlight or a cell phone.
You can attach a flashlight to your shotgun. And as for a phone, I'll call the appropriate folks to come clean up the mess after the intruder (or intruders) are dispatched. Or call before I step out of my bedroom.

Besides, by the time the cops get there it'll probably all be over anyway, one way or the other. Just my 2 cents.
feetnstuff187 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:40 AM   #51
digitalbananna351
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

I didn't read the last 3 pages for a reason.... Go to the gun range and rent a variety of guns and shoot them.... buy the one that fits you and you feel comfortable shooting.... I usually recommend sig or H&K to my friends and family..... due to quality.... I have several of each...... if you are looking for home defense look no further than a Mossberg 500 breacher.... choose your rounds carefully unless you plan on redecorating
digitalbananna351 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 01:49 PM   #52
skirtchaser79411
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

I would say a double action semi auto are there are many good ones to choose.
not not be to off topic i shot my new toy today and fuck what a gun it is, remmington
700 sendero 300 rum fuck this thing will hit
skirtchaser79411 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 03:25 PM   #53
motor
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 61
Default what

[QUOTE=ftango4;1057827639]

You don't really want to shoot n "kill the intruder." Just stay in your locked room, call 911, and tell them to leave or its really going to hurt. If you do kill said intruder it will be a huge pain in your ass. Except for the "we lived part."

nothing is more comforting to have the cops minutes away when seconds count

Of course there is always the shoot to kill strategy, but if you're geared up for it and depending on the situation, we have often used the shoot them in the leg or foot strategy. That's a little trickier with a shot gun obviously.

yep, shoot them in the leg....sound asleep, suddenly awakened , grab a gun and shoot them in the leg.....IN THE DARK, yea that will work

there is an old saying....dead men don't talk.......thats the advice the Dallas Sherriff who taught our class in 96.

Just stay in the closet with the weapon, a bottle of Gin and phone it in.

dont forget to bring your purse with you
motor is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:24 PM   #54
rbkg402
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalbananna351 View Post
I didn't read the last 3 pages for a reason.... Go to the gun range and rent a variety of guns and shoot them.... buy the one that fits you and you feel comfortable shooting.... I usually recommend sig or H&K to my friends and family..... due to quality.... I have several of each...... if you are looking for home defense look no further than a Mossberg 500 breacher.... choose your rounds carefully unless you plan on redecorating
This is definitely sound advise however with 1 modification. To see a Good variety of Firearms that you can pick up, see what feels comfortable, I would recommend going to a Gun Show on a weekend. This will definitely offer a larger variety and many choices.

One thing to keep in mind is that not all gun ranges will have all the different weapons that are available.

Go to a gun show, make a list of what you like, call the gun ranges to see if they have that weapon/weapons, then try them out.

Took a few months to figure out that the Springfield XD was more comfortable to me than a Glock.
rbkg402 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:26 PM   #55
rbkg402
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatercheater View Post

Dam straight you shoot to kill, you never know if there are more than just one person. You always aim for center mass as you chances of missing go down drastically. This will ensure that you hit your target.

Just remember, here in Texas Castle law definitely applies when it comes to an uninvited intruder.
rbkg402 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:46 PM   #56
Guest030824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26
Default No shotguns

I have a Springfield XD with grip safety. With the other 9MM I have I some times forget to turn the safety off. Don't forget to get a good holster for the gun. If it requires two hands to draw the weapon you don't want it. I carry on my left side for a cross body draw. It is easier that drawing from my right side in the car. It is adjusted for the 45 degree FBI cant. I carried a Bond 45 colt/410 defense round for quite a while but now I have the proper holster for the Springfield. A shotgun in the house is worthless unless you expect to rebuild your home after firing it. it is also hard to negotiate through doors and around corners.
Guest030824 is offline   Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:08 PM   #57
Guest010619
Account Disabled

Quote:

Yes it can be deadly but you also have to use two hands to operate. I would rather have a free hand for a flashlight or a cell phone.
[QUOTE=Wolfwhistle;1057820396]
Quote:

Yes it can be deadly but you also have to use two hands to operate. I would rather have a free hand for a flashlight or a cell phone.[QUOTE]

Spoken like a true city slicker. What is this? A tornado home invasion???
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatercheater View Post

Just remember, these are assailants, not cat burglars, not prowlers and not ladies of the night to surprise you with kisses. They may only have intended to rob you but may also decide to want to torture and kill you in the process because they got turned on by some horror movie.
Make their last thoughts be that they are dealing with the worst motherfucker in their nightmares.
I pimped my favorite weapon with an ultrabright flashlight/ laser combination attached to a picatinny (or Weaver) rail mount and a retractable hand grip to steady it.

So if a burglar and broke into my apartment, they are likely to trip an alarm, after that will have less than 15 seconds to live. They see a bright blinding light, might not see the red laser light, hear a couple of bangs and then....
SILENCE.
Followed by a bright light.

I always have several phones nearby and will use them after the situation is over.
Not a big fan of firing a shotgun in the house because it's noisy as hell, can cause disorientation (your ears will be ringing after the first blast), and the recoil can throw you off balance not to mention the added mess it brings to the walls or furniture. Your going to be barefoot and/or naked and shattering a mirror or window could leave large chunks of glass for you to walk or run on. Firing a weapon in your house is totally different than out in the patio or the gun range. Your assailants will show up ready to move quickly so just be prepared.
If you must fire, do try to use hollow point ammunition that will expand inside the target and is less likely to require a second round unless you want to fire the 'coup de grâce' highly recommended.
When outdoors or at the mall, if one or several assailants want to gang up on you for whatever reason, pepper spray, no shots fired, just walk away.
Pepper spray and taser would be the next step.
Stay safe, or stay in your closet.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:04 PM   #58
ftango4
Valued Poster

Default Mozambique

[QUOTE=motor;1057829718]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftango4 View Post

nothing is more comforting to have the cops minutes away when seconds count

yep, shoot them in the leg....sound asleep, suddenly awakened , grab a gun and shoot them in the leg.....IN THE DARK, yea that will work

there is an old saying....dead men don't talk.......thats the advice the Dallas Sherriff who taught our class in 96.

Just stay in the closet with the weapon, a bottle of Gin and phone it in.

dont forget to bring your purse with you
Well of course if the burglar beats the cops to my room/house it will be Mozambique time and of course I won't be asleep and yes on the hollow points. But then you have to get new carpet, paint, go down to the station, get interrogated, fill out forms, get a lawyer. Maybe even have to move. Deal with the burglar you shot's homies coming over blah blah blah. Oh and of course the cops will have your weapon so make sure you have another--for when the homies come over. Oh and that's a whole other Mozambique. Total and complete ass whipping.

Instead of going all ape shit gun crazy, grow a set and just wait for the fucker to leave. Help your self to some fing silverware or whatever Mr. burglar as he listens to the sweet music of you racking your 12 gauge and no shots need be fired.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:25 PM   #59
Guest010619
Account Disabled

[QUOTE=ftango4;1057831070]
Quote:
Originally Posted by motor View Post

Well of course if the burglar beats the cops to my room/house it will be Mozambique time and of course I won't be asleep and yes on the hollow points. But then you have to get new carpet, paint, go down to the station, get interrogated, fill out forms, get a lawyer. Maybe even have to move. Deal with the burglar you shot's homies coming over blah blah blah. Oh and of course the cops will have your weapon so make sure you have another--for when the homies come over. Oh and that's a whole other Mozambique. Total and complete ass whipping.
Most likely no charges will be filed, or lawyer needed unless requested. As for homies, most break-ins are from a single desperate druggie, if several show up as in a home invasion they are not going for the fine china or the Picasso. Sounds like your expecting Barry Manilow to sneak in and steal your tuning fork.

Instead of going all ape shit gun crazy, grow a set and just wait for the fucker to leave. Help your self to some fing silverware or whatever Mr. burglar as he listens to the sweet music of you racking your 12 gauge and no shots need be fired.
I'll be sure to ask politely... with sugar on top.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:41 PM   #60
ftango4
Valued Poster

[QUOTE=ugotme10;1057831110]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ftango4 View Post

I'll be sure to ask politely... with sugar on top.
Have to go to my neighborhood watch party now. Lol Let me come back to you heavy trigger fingers. I want every body to stay cool tonight!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women