Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 01-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #46
topsgt38801
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

I have eaten BBQ all over the country and being from the South we have a few claims to fame. You can have Carolina style or KC style or Memphis as they are all renowed. I used to really like the Rendevous in downtown Memphis as some of the best and then you have Corky's in Memphis which are very good too. Tried Oklahoma Joe's and Fiorella's in Kansas City and they were both very good. I have tried them in the mid west and Texas and probably the best I ever had was at the Country Inn in Kilgore Texas. My understanding is the former owner has died since my last visit and family has changed the restaurant so I can no longer attest to them being the best now.

topsgt38801 is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 01:57 PM   #47
jokacz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44
Default Shorty's

Shorty’s
Anyone remember this place? Was on S. Dixie Hwy between South Miami and Homestead.
Lived on that stuff when I was at The University of Miami in the 1960’s.
Great Pork, Beef, and Chicken.

http://www.shortys.com

Hope it's as good as it was, but I doubt it.
jokacz is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #48
CRISTY-CUPPS
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 4165
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I had some really good BBQ in Myrtle Beach this past summer at a place called Sticky Fingers!
CRISTY-CUPPS is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #49
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

The original location in Kilgore, Tx. is a little off of the beaten path but the Country Tavern offers up the best and most consistent ribs I have ever eaten.

http://countrytavern.com/
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #50
Tulsa
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6
Default All good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsgt38801 View Post
I have eaten BBQ all over the country and being from the South we have a few claims to fame. You can have Carolina style or KC style or Memphis as they are all renowed. I used to really like the Rendevous in downtown Memphis as some of the best and then you have Corky's in Memphis which are very good too. Tried Oklahoma Joe's and Fiorella's in Kansas City and they were both very good. I have tried them in the mid west and Texas and probably the best I ever had was at the Country Inn in Kilgore Texas. My understanding is the former owner has died since my last visit and family has changed the restaurant so I can no longer attest to them being the best now.

Georgia born, educated in Alabama worked in both Carolinas and now live near my Avatar. Never fully imprinted on beef,sauce and things west of Arkansas. However on any given day the plate in front of you is often the best...kinda
Tulsa is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:01 AM   #51
TexasT
Valued Poster

I agree with Whirlaway. Just had some Franklin BBQ ribs a day ago. They had been frozen a week and reheated in my oven. They were so far beyond anything available in Dallas its laughable. And their brisket is better than some one hour sessions I've had with High Dollar Hotties.

I understand a new BBQ is opening in the Bishop Arts District in Dallas called Lockhart Smokehouse, which is supposed to recreate the taste of the famous Central TX. bbq houses. We shall see.
TexasT is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 AM   #52
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Country Tavern is good; and it is cool to enjoy good ribs and Q in what is basically a Country Western dance hall. Never been there on weekends, but I am sure the boot scootn is as good as the bbq.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:33 AM   #53
seanes
Premium Access

Encounters: 33

C'mon now y'all. It's all regional YMMV.

Here in Houston, we have Central Texas, East Texas, Memphis and KC BBQ places, because we have so many refugees from those outlands, that have made their way here to the Promised Land.

Haven't run across any that serve the North FL,GA, AL type with the mustard sauce, but I'm glad of it too.
So who's going to compile from this thread the international "My Fav BBQ" list and make the sticky.

There's also an Austin, "best Hamburger" thread somewhere that pretty much had a consensus for a walk-up, place underneath a highway overpass, that should be a sticky.

Anybody in favor of a forum setup like the international forum that would be a take-off on "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives". Since the business has so many here today, gone tomorrow, Thread starters would be restricted to places that are local institutions that have been around for a certain number of years. There could also be a newbie forum.
seanes is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:07 AM   #54
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

Quote:
Haven't run across any that serve the North FL,GA, AL type with the mustard sauce, but I'm glad of it too.
Try Luling City Market, it has a really good mustard based sauce, over on Richmond.
It's consistently rated one of the best in the city.
http://www.lulingcitymarket.com/
O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #55
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

In Nola--I prefer Voodoo Bbq
{awesome bbq potatoe skins}
DallasRain is online now   Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #56
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amusemeant View Post
Well I like my hometown Central Texas Style BBQ on 518 in Pearland!!!!! Dont go on Sunday or Monday cuz they are closed!!! They are great with the smoked meat - pork and beef - Texas Style with a Cubano flair!!!!
Speaking of local, have you tried Brians on Commerce St. in Clute? It's across the street from El Toro. It's among my favorite places anywhere for barbecue. Brisket to die for.
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:00 PM   #57
TheFriscoKid
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txn5inThick View Post
But as far as a free-standing BBQ classic joint, Clarke's Outpost in Tioga, TX. North of Little Elm, TX. Goo-ood!
You ain't lyin'...Clark's is LEGENDARY! Lots of famous people from all over have enjoyed the good eats at Clark's. And it's decor is what a BBQ joint should look like...a hole in the wall in a small town in the middle of nowhere on the way to nowhere!
TheFriscoKid is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #58
gulflover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

1) The Shed in ocean springs does know what they're doing. They just don't have a pit that's been around for years and years to add flavor.
2) N FL, AL,GA do not use mustard based sauce. They use tomato based, Memphis style. You're thinking of South Carolina, which uses mustard based. This is an abomination before the Lord. Or maybe North Carolina which uses vinegar based, also an abomination. N Alabama (huntsville) uses a more vinegary tomato base than the rest of the Deep South.
3) This may be a Texas centric board, but everyone knows barbecue is pork. You Texans keep telling yourself it's brisket or beef. The best pulled pork I ever had was the Shack near Pell City, AL. But it burned down and now it's not nearly the same. Very sad. Best right now is probably Golden Rule out of Birmingham, particularly at the original one. They serve the char meat mixed in. But the best pork ribs bar none are at Fat Matt's in Atlanta. It was mentioned in the movie Up in the Air because it's so damn good. Tiny little joint, hot blues at night, it's like a cathedral to me.
I haven't been to Rendezvous in 25 years. I hear it's gone downhill a bit. I always did like Corky's though.
gulflover is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 03:11 AM   #59
Charlie_Harper
Account Disabled

Is this over by Lake Ray Roberts? I may just gave to plan a fishing trip to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFriscoKid View Post
You ain't lyin'...Clark's is LEGENDARY! Lots of famous people from all over have enjoyed the good eats at Clark's. And it's decor is what a BBQ joint should look like...a hole in the wall in a small town in the middle of nowhere on the way to nowhere!
Charlie_Harper is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #60
TexasT
Valued Poster

Have heard about the great BBQ at Clark's, but haven't tried it yet. The word is that their pies are also among the best in the state. Any confirmation? And how far is this place from Dallas? Road trip, anyone?
TexasT is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women