Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70492
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40458
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-06-2017, 01:05 PM   #451
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

Back on topic...

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/spor..._protests.html

He is not alone (as witnessed by the applause).
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:48 PM   #452
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
Back on topic...

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/spor..._protests.html

He is not alone (as witnessed by the applause).
No one has doubted that a small handful of individuals will move away from the NFL.

So lets' look at attendance figures at yesterday's games.

NY Jets -- 77562, 94% full
Tennessee -- 67,322 97% full
Saints -- 73,121 100%+ full
Giants -- 76,877 93% full
Eagles -- 69596, 100%+ full
panthers -- 74244 100%+ full
jaguars -- 60,720 90% full
Texans -- 71709 100%+ full
49ers -- 70,133 100%+ full
seahawks -- 68,927 100%+ full
cowboys -- 93273, 100%+ full
dolphins -- 65,139 100% full
packers -- 78,361 100%+ full

That's 13 games, 9 games with totally full stands, and 8 of those 9 more than full. So do you think that the 4 stadiums that were not filled to capacity was due to protesters? I doubt that the cities of NY, Jacksonville, and Nashville have more angry citizens than the other 9 cities.

Keep trying.
SpeedRacerXXX is online now   Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:17 PM   #453
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

Well,let's take the Texan game - 100 percent full - no players protesting in that game - now, what do you think that means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
No one has doubted that a small handful of individuals will move away from the NFL.

So lets' look at attendance figures at yesterday's games.

NY Jets -- 77562, 94% full
Tennessee -- 67,322 97% full
Saints -- 73,121 100%+ full
Giants -- 76,877 93% full
Eagles -- 69596, 100%+ full
panthers -- 74244 100%+ full
jaguars -- 60,720 90% full
Texans -- 71709 100%+ full
49ers -- 70,133 100%+ full
seahawks -- 68,927 100%+ full
cowboys -- 93273, 100%+ full
dolphins -- 65,139 100% full
packers -- 78,361 100%+ full

That's 13 games, 9 games with totally full stands, and 8 of those 9 more than full. So do you think that the 4 stadiums that were not filled to capacity was due to protesters? I doubt that the cities of NY, Jacksonville, and Nashville have more angry citizens than the other 9 cities.

Keep trying.
Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 02:48 PM   #454
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
Well,let's take the Texan game - 100 percent full - no players protesting in that game - now, what do you think that means?
The only problem with that is they played a team with players who did kneel, so what does that mean??
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 06:37 AM   #455
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
It means that NFL fans don't care one way or the other whether or not players are going to protest at a specific game. They have a ticket and they are going to the game. Did the fans in Houston know before the game that there would be no protests? Doubtful.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:06 AM   #456
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoza...rs/#4e7640fe49

Here you go - Forbes magazine.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:10 AM   #457
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Did the Colts kneel on that game against the Texans? There were no reports of that happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Dude View Post
The only problem with that is they played a team with players who did kneel, so what does that mean??
Old 11-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #458
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

so that's why they won, gramma?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:09 AM   #459
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
No advertisers have cancelled their ads as far as I know. Papa john's says the protests are hurting sales. Pizza Hut say that there has been no impact on sales.

Television viewership is down across the board, not just for NFL games. We've been through this already. Among prime time shows, NFL games are always among the top shows watched for those that are watching TV. Viewing of NFL games dropped more from 2015-2016 than from 2016-2017, when Colin Kaepernick was the sole NFL player to kneel during the National Anthem and I'd be willing to bet you had never heard of him at that time.

I happen to be watching less NFL games this year because my team is hopelessly out of contention.

Some of the information presented in the Forbes article are ridiculous assumptions. Anheuser Busch stock shares are down in the last 3 months and that is due to the fact that they are major advertisers of NFL games??? That correlation is a huge stretch.

This whole thing would not even be news-worthy had not Trump made his stupid tweets.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:15 AM   #460
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Here you go WSJ:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/overexp...oes-1509615005

Also people love talking about the players protesting social injustice as the reason, those same people never mention the fact that there are people not watching the NFL because they’re protesting the way Kaepernick has been treated. Yeah that’s happening too.

There are a lot of reasons the ratings are down. None of which is biggger than overexposure.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:41 AM   #461
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Well, I can't read the whole article because it starts and then it wants me to subscribe or log in to read the rest of the story. So who were the Colts players that took a knee against the Texans?

Quote:
Here you go WSJ:
https://www.wsj.com/articles/overexp...oes-1509615005

Also people love talking about the players protesting social injustice as the reason, those same people never mention the fact that there are people not watching the NFL because they’re protesting the way Kaepernick has been treated. Yeah that’s happening too.

There are a lot of reasons the ratings are down. None of which is biggger than overexposure.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:47 AM   #462
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

You may be watching less games because your team is not in
serious contention but the owner's do not see it that way. I think the next step that is going to happen is that Roger Goodell will not have his contract renewed. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
No advertisers have cancelled their ads as far as I know. Papa john's says the protests are hurting sales. Pizza Hut say that there has been no impact on sales.

Television viewership is down across the board, not just for NFL games. We've been through this already. Among prime time shows, NFL games are always among the top shows watched for those that are watching TV. Viewing of NFL games dropped more from 2015-2016 than from 2016-2017, when Colin Kaepernick was the sole NFL player to kneel during the National Anthem and I'd be willing to bet you had never heard of him at that time.

I happen to be watching less NFL games this year because my team is hopelessly out of contention.

Some of the information presented in the Forbes article are ridiculous assumptions. Anheuser Busch stock shares are down in the last 3 months and that is due to the fact that they are major advertisers of NFL games??? That correlation is a huge stretch.

This whole thing would not even be news-worthy had not Trump made his stupid tweets.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #463
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Quote:
Well, I can't read the whole article because it starts and then it wants me to subscribe or log in to read the rest of the story. So who were the Colts players that took a knee against the Texans?

Well here is an article with similar info:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ngs/827694001/

It also brings up the point that people stream games from phones and laptops now so here you go:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ngs/774894001/

Also love how you didn’t recognize the fact that people are anti-NFL right now because of their treatment of Kaepernick and not just protests of social injustice. Probably hard to square away that the numbers y’all are using as evidence aren’t all about your stance on the issue.

As for the Colts players I’ve havent looked up who did or did not protest. Just a reasonable guess someone did. At least that what people are saying. But your point is logically flawed either way. You can’t say the Texans got 100% attendance because they don’t kneel. Mainly because you have no idea what the other team will do. But nice try at spinning though.

But back to the point.. overexposure, more stream, less popular among millennials. Some big things effecting the ratings. Do the protests by people who don’t want players kneeling for social injustice come into play, sure. Just like people protesting for what is going on with Kaepernick. But those things aren’t what’s hurting ratings the most.
Old 11-07-2017, 11:52 AM   #464
derek303
Valued Poster

Encounters: 57

Was the attendance butts in the seats or sold tickets? Seriously....I don't know 1 Republican that is on my FB that isn't boycotting a little to a lot. Some are saying that they can't give up on their team (Cowboys etc) but fuck the rest of them. Meaning they aren't watching that 2nd or 3rd game that week they usually do. To most of them saying Fuck it all. I'm in that last group. I haven't watched 20 plays in the last 6 weeks or so. Did anybody see Vin Scully say he will never watch another NFL game? He was the voice of the Dodgers for over 50 years.
derek303 is offline   Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:51 PM   #465
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

I have to say that the guys I have hang around with have never said - there is too much football or football has over exposure. I think that's a stretch.

Regarding folks not watching because Colin is not playing- yes, there might be some but is not a huge impact. And I don't know how you would differentiate between - not viewing based on Colin or because of taking a knee.

Now I can see football not being popular with the millennials. It's all about tech with them.

Quote:
Well here is an article with similar info:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ngs/827694001/

It also brings up the point that people stream games from phones and laptops now so here you go:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ngs/774894001/

Also love how you didn’t recognize the fact that people are anti-NFL right now because of their treatment of Kaepernick and not just protests of social injustice. Probably hard to square away that the numbers y’all are using as evidence aren’t all about your stance on the issue.

As for the Colts players I’ve havent looked up who did or did not protest. Just a reasonable guess someone did. At least that what people are saying. But your point is logically flawed either way. You can’t say the Texans got 100% attendance because they don’t kneel. Mainly because you have no idea what the other team will do. But nice try at spinning though.

But back to the point.. overexposure, more stream, less popular among millennials. Some big things effecting the ratings. Do the protests by people who don’t want players kneeling for social injustice come into play, sure. Just like people protesting for what is going on with Kaepernick. But those things aren’t what’s hurting ratings the most.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women