Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59954
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35404
Mojojo33117

Old 07-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #436
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
I guess the best way to answer your question, is for people not to become a victim. That may sound a little cliché but it's true. Criminals are opportunist. If someone is walking through a parking lot fumbling with keys and grocery bags or texting on a cell phone generally not acting very alert to what's going on around him they could be placing themselves in a vulnerable position to be robbed raped, or kidnapped.

Jim

So if they're always armed ....no more victims?

What if they're walking to their car "un-alert" ...and get startled by just someone walking by them too closely? .....should they shoot them anyway, maybe? ...just to be on the safe side?

You never know who's a criminal out there, right?
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:26 AM   #437
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
So that answer indicates that you believe people should be armed at all times so they do not become victims. Maybe even carry a weapon on their key chains or cellphones so they won't suffer an instant of exposure in a parking lot. Hey! How about an IPhone app that fires live rounds? That would "kill" two birds with one stoner, wouldn't it?

Really?

This line of discussion is becoming silly, Jim.
Who said anything about a gun? The only thing really silly is you. You apparently expect someone or something else to make sure nothing happens to you. That's not the way it works. We have very little if any control over a criminals actions or intentions but we have full control over our own. Just being alert and paying attention to what's going on around you is your first line of defense. If you can notice things and recognize potential problems you can take appropriate actions to avoid possibly being a victim.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:32 AM   #438
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCM800 View Post
So if they're always armed ....no more victims?

What if they're walking to their car "un-alert" ...and get startled by just someone walking by them too closely? .....should they shoot them anyway, maybe? ...just to be on the safe side?

You never know who's a criminal out there, right?
So lets say you are walking through the parking lot and someone jumps you from behind knocking you to the ground. What are you going to do? Armed or unarmed, doesn't matter. What are you going to do?

Jim
Old 07-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #439
nwarounder
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Who said anything about a gun? The only thing really silly is you. You apparently expect someone or something else to make sure nothing happens to you. That's not the way it works. We have very little if any control over a criminals actions or intentions but we have full control over our own. Just being alert and paying attention to what's going on around you is your first line of defense. If you can notice things and recognize potential problems you can take appropriate actions to avoid possibly being a victim.

Jim
They will never have an argument against gun control as long as there is a glaring example of why it doesn't work, Chicago. Pass a federal law that says the government will protect you from a speeding bus bearing down on them, and they will all get in line to stand there and get ran over.
nwarounder is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:57 AM   #440
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
So lets say you are walking through the parking lot and someone jumps you from behind knocking you to the ground. What are you going to do? Armed or unarmed, doesn't matter. What are you going to do?

Jim

Well I guess that would depend on their intent.

Are we talking about a 20-something yr old blonde stripper?

JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #441
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarounder View Post
They will never have an argument against gun control as long as there is a glaring example of why it doesn't work, Chicago. Pass a federal law that says the government will protect you from a speeding bus bearing down on them, and they will all get in line to stand there and get ran over.
Well the bottom line is this, and liberals apparently don't get it. If you decide to legally carry a concealed weapon and you find yourself in a situation where deadly force is justified, I suggest you do it. If one decides not to arm themselves which is most of us, myself included, and you find yourself in a pressing situation then you're simply in a fight and it maybe for your life. Don't expect any help from strangers or the police to magically appear, you are on your own. It's a scary situation to be in and it's what you do in those few short minutes that may seem like an hour that will determine whether you live or die.

Jim
Old 07-04-2014, 10:37 AM   #442
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

I own quite a few guns but have never felt the need to publicly carry (except when I served my country and afterwards only to the firing range and hunting trips).

At this stage of my life, I don't believe it is going to change. When people talk about carrying a weapon with them to a public place, I can't help but reflect upon something an instructor used as an illustration toward the end of a concealed handgun course that I took a few years ago.

The instructor (and I use that term loosely) said that one of his children got sick during the night and his wife asked him to run to CVS Pharmacy to pick up some medicine. He said he drove 10-15 minutes to the nearest 24 hour pharmacy and just as he was pulling into the parking lot, it dawned on him that he had left his pistol at home. He immediately returned to his home to pick up his pistol (just in case) and once he was packing, returned to the store and bought the medicine.

Meanwhile, his sick child is forced to wait an extra 45 minutes to an hour for his "pistol packing" (Idiot) Dad to bring the much-needed medicine!

It was not very comforting for me to learn toward the end of the course that my instructor did not have common sense or the ability to differentiate right from wrong. It is even more concerning that this Idiot is packing every day out on the streets! I suspect he was a card carrying member of the Idiot Family!

Don't get me wrong, I am not against concealed handgun classes and/or gun safety courses. But I expect the instructor's to be qualified and equally important to have common sense. This particular instructor may have passed the instructor's course but he would have failed a common sense portion. It is obvious that common sense was not a part of the curriculum.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #443
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I own quite a few guns but have never felt the need to publicly carry (except when I served my country and afterwards to the firing range and hunting trips).

At this stage of my life, I don't believe it is going to change. When people talk about carrying a weapon with them to a public place, I can't help but reflect upon something an instructor used as an illustration toward the end of a concealed handgun course that I took a few years ago.

The instructor (and I use that term loosely) said that one of his children got sick during the night and his wife asked him to run to CVS Pharmacy to pick up some medicine. He said he drove 10-15 minutes to the nearest 24 hour pharmacy and just as he was pulling into the parking lot, it dawned on him that he had left his pistol at home. He immediately returned to his home to pick up his pistol (just in case) and once he was packing, returned to the store and bought the medicine.

Meanwhile, his sick child is forced to wait an extra 45 minutes to an hour for his "pistol packing" Idiot Dad to bring the much-needed medicine!

It was not very comforting for me to learn toward the end of the course that my instructor did not have common sense or the ability to differentiate right from wrong. It is even more concerning that this Idiot is packing every day out on the streets! I suspect he was a card carrying member of the Idiot Family!

Don't get me wrong, I am not against concealed handgun classes and/or gun safety courses. But I expect the instructor's to be qualified and equally important to have common sense. This particular instructor may have passed the instructor's course but he would have failed a common sense portion. It obviously was not a part of the curriculum.
Well unfortunately some people view their gun like a credit card "never leave home without it".

Jim
Old 07-04-2014, 02:17 PM   #444
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Well unfortunately some people view their gun like a credit card "never leave home without it".
Meanwhile my guns are safely locked up in my gun safe and that is where they will remain.

Until my next hunting trip!
Old 07-04-2014, 03:08 PM   #445
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Meanwhile my guns are safely locked up in my gun safe and that is where they will remain.

So what was his point, that carrying was top priority above all else. Having a CCL is nice to have, cause it enables you to carry legally if you feel like doing so, but I don't think it is necessary as part of your daily repertoire.

Jim
Old 07-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #446
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
So what was his point, that carrying was top priority above all else. Having a CCL is nice to have, cause it enables you to carry legally if you feel like doing so, but I don't think it is necessary as part of your daily repertoire.

Jim
I know SO many people with CHLs who won't go to the store, the gym or a movie without their fucking gun...

Like a pacifier.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:13 PM   #447
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:

Hopefully the Ozombies won't be going on a "sheep" hunting trip in your neighborhood. If they do... Good Luck!... and thanks for your service.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:20 PM   #448
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
Hopefully the Ozombies won't be going on a "sheep" hunting trip in your neighborhood. If they do... Good Luck!... and thanks for your service.
What the fuck are you talking about, Slobbrin?

and thanks for your service! (Ahem)
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 03:40 PM   #449
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
So what was his point
I can only tell you my point. That being, I do not need to pack a gun to make myself feel secure.

Unless I have something worthwhile to do with the gun (like hunting), it will remain locked up in my gun safe.

My point is pretty self-explanatory.
Old 07-04-2014, 03:44 PM   #450
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
I know SO many people with CHLs who won't go to the store, the gym or a movie without their fucking gun...

Like a pacifier.
Yeah I know it. I know a few like that too. Ask them about their training. If they tell you they have taken numerous courses in firearm safety and they go to the range regularly, this is what they are actually telling you. They know how to strip down their gun and clean it, how to load it and to keep their finger off the trigger when drawing it and keep it pointed down range. They will also impress upon you that they have developed good marksmanship skills by shooting paper silhouette targets. Unfortunately that basic type of training will not guarantee even remotely that they will succeed in an fire fight. The reason for that it requires low skills under low to no stress. The guy who tells you he has taken extensive instruction in courses specifically designed to train to succeed in a fire fight has had the training in utilizing a multitude of skills besides marksmanship. Skills like use of cover, techniques in reloading, how to enter a room, how to use various types of cover in an outdoor setting, firing in low light situations ect. Courses like these are offered all over the United states they can be expensive they are anywhere from one to three days in length. The real value is they train you under stress so you can perform under stress. CHL is not designed nor does it imply that you are street ready to win a fire fight it just gives you the states approval for you to carry that's all.

Jim

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women