Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160661
Yssup Rider59988
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47593
pyramider46370
bambino40334
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 02-17-2014, 09:38 PM   #31
BJerk
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
and how would you know? die and post to us. Please.
How about you first?
BJerk is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:48 PM   #32
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJerk View Post
How about you first?
anytime smileyboy. at least i won't die with false expectations.

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #33
hungryhippo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default climate change

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
I would suppose it would depend on your choice or lack there of religion and the inability to understand free will.
Faith is a choice just as choosing to not have a faith belief is a choice.

I can neither prove there is a supreme being any more than you can prove that there is not.

On a personal level, I do not care if you choose to not believe, I do not really care and it bothers me not.
I find it rather amusing how bothered those that choose to not believe can get based on something they believe does not exist.

Science is something that can be proven once you are able to duplicate the same results and it is confirmed by the peers of science. Not all science is fact because of the lack of proof an is generally called theory. Much like man-made global warming is a theory that cannot be proven but some still call it science. Creative accounting, where you work backwards to make the numbers work only proves that a person can make a deduction based on generalities rather than facts.

Sometimes I wonder why humans are so highly evolved when we come from the same basic primordial soup. Why did the earthworm not evolve into something better than fish bait.

If it isn't man made then what is it? Is not happening at all?

You are right about the human mind skewing the numbers based on their beliefs.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...you-innumerate
hungryhippo is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 11:56 PM   #34
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCap View Post
In just about any religion, the fundamentalists are the scary folks to watch out for.

Fundamental faith in the constitution will probably play out that way too?
That is about as stupid a comment as I've seen here. The Constitution is not a religious document. Strict adherence to the Constitution results in individual freedom and personal responsibility. Exactly the opposite of most religions.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:23 AM   #35
Gbusey
Gaining Momentum

Faith vs Science does not need a 3 page thread, nor a ~400 page book.

If you believe in what you can see, taste, smell, hear, and touch, then science will take you to level X.

If you believe in what ancient texts, stories, and mysteries that man has no answer for, then faith will take you to level Y.

While I personally believe level X is the better option, I'm not about to turn away those that are going after Y. Why? Because while many may condemn the pursuit of Y, it has lead us to many great revelations about the human condition and basic principles about societies new and old. To say that X and Y are in the same race is close-minded.

I'm not a religious man in the least, to the extent that death sounds rather peaceful, not because of golden gates, clouds, or happiness, but the lack of everything else; but that doesn't suddenly mean that all religion is evil; many religions help people........sorta (I use the word "sorta" to gloss over the historical impact of religion and the current radical side of various faiths, and while I feel sick doing so, we are living in the contemporary, so it's better we dwell on it than the past; even if the past is disgusting, sad, and to be avoided again in the present; the argument is too diverse from the point of history to be contained in a forum response, as I'm sure any sane person would agree).

Contemporary religion is actually pretty nice (that is to say helpful to those in need) and a fantastic study into the human condition. While it may detract from scientific pursuits and technically bring us a step backwards, scientifically, it's not without its advantages from an academic and sociological standpoint. The truth is, for every detraction that western religion brings, it also brings with it a good dose of humility, compassion, and civility; and where else are we to get these attributes? It's sad, but religion gives us something that nothing else, short of an extremely costly private school, gives us: the recognition that we're all in fact, human.

I personally hate being human, but I also know that without western religion running rampant through the country, we'd have far less door-holding, smiles, and friendliness, and any other basic courtesy we all take for granted. The alternative is teaching "being nice" because "if you're not, the bigger man may kick your ass" instead of "be nice, because everyone can move much faster loving each-other than hating each-other."

Science will always lead us in some technological direction (and while not always, at least usually for the best) but physics, chemistry, and mathematics don't round out the universe, because they all miss the crucial element of us...the humans.

It's foolish to quickly dismiss religion, regardless of whether or not you believe in it.

So stop it, all of you. Stop it and go hire a hooker. (I just realized that this argument is even more trivial than originally perceived given its origin; but I won't begin to think it's time wasted, because like religion, if one person can be changed for the better, then it's worth it (again, I'm not religious)).
Gbusey is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:38 AM   #36
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojulay View Post
Einstein was a Deist, he believed in some not very well defined force
or persona that was responsible for creation, the order that he saw in the
universe led him to that belief. It is the lazy position, he spent about as much
time on the subject as he did fixing his hair in the morning.
Einstein was known to spend many hours daily working on his hair.

JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:06 AM   #37
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Woe unto to him who trivializes or mocks the death of an actor found dead in his underwear with a dose of self-administered poison in his veins; or of a drug addled songstress who drowns because she cannot hold her head above the surface of the water in a bathtub; or the actor who dies a fiery death in a high performance car speeding twice the speed limit along a city street. Those deaths are not to be mocked; rather, those deaths are to be mourned and commemorated. But attach the word "religion" to a death, and the man becomes a joke -- the subject of ironic derision on a SHMB.

The irony is especially palpable here in this SHMB forum, because those who are mocking the dead man's actions are themselves engaging in risky behavior and do risk or have risked being "poisoned" by something every bit as deadly as the bite a poisonous viper at some point in their "worship" at their altar of the pussy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
That is about as stupid a comment as I've seen here. The Constitution is not a religious document. Strict adherence to the Constitution results in individual freedom and personal responsibility. Exactly the opposite of most religions.

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gbusey View Post
Faith vs Science does not need a 3 page thread, nor a ~400 page book.

If you believe in what you can see, taste, smell, hear, and touch, then science will take you to level X.

If you believe in what ancient texts, stories, and mysteries that man has no answer for, then faith will take you to level Y.

While I personally believe level X is the better option, I'm not about to turn away those that are going after Y. Why? Because while many may condemn the pursuit of Y, it has lead us to many great revelations about the human condition and basic principles about societies new and old. To say that X and Y are in the same race is close-minded.

I'm not a religious man in the least, to the extent that death sounds rather peaceful, not because of golden gates, clouds, or happiness, but the lack of everything else; but that doesn't suddenly mean that all religion is evil; many religions help people........sorta (I use the word "sorta" to gloss over the historical impact of religion and the current radical side of various faiths, and while I feel sick doing so, we are living in the contemporary, so it's better we dwell on it than the past; even if the past is disgusting, sad, and to be avoided again in the present; the argument is too diverse from the point of history to be contained in a forum response, as I'm sure any sane person would agree).

Contemporary religion is actually pretty nice (that is to say helpful to those in need) and a fantastic study into the human condition. While it may detract from scientific pursuits and technically bring us a step backwards, scientifically, it's not without its advantages from an academic and sociological standpoint. The truth is, for every detraction that western religion brings, it also brings with it a good dose of humility, compassion, and civility; and where else are we to get these attributes? It's sad, but religion gives us something that nothing else, short of an extremely costly private school, gives us: the recognition that we're all in fact, human.

I personally hate being human, but I also know that without western religion running rampant through the country, we'd have far less door-holding, smiles, and friendliness, and any other basic courtesy we all take for granted. The alternative is teaching "being nice" because "if you're not, the bigger man may kick your ass" instead of "be nice, because everyone can move much faster loving each-other than hating each-other."

Science will always lead us in some technological direction (and while not always, at least usually for the best) but physics, chemistry, and mathematics don't round out the universe, because they all miss the crucial element of us...the humans.

It's foolish to quickly dismiss religion, regardless of whether or not you believe in it.

So stop it, all of you. Stop it and go hire a hooker. (I just realized that this argument is even more trivial than originally perceived given its origin; but I won't begin to think it's time wasted, because like religion, if one person can be changed for the better, then it's worth it (again, I'm not religious)).
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 06:13 AM   #38
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

[QUOTE=I B Hankering;1054987566][SIZE="3"]Woe unto to him who trivializes or mocks the death of an actor found dead in his underwear with a dose of self-administered poison in his veins; or of a drug addled songstress who drowns because she cannot hold her head above the surface of the water in a bathtub; or the actor who dies a fiery death in a high performance car speeding twice the speed limit along a city street. Those deaths are not to be mocked; rather, those deaths are to be mourned and commemorated. But attach the word "religion" to a death, and the man becomes a joke -- the subject of ironic derision on a SHMB.

The irony is especially palpable here in this SHMB forum, because those who are mocking the dead man's actions are themselves engaging in risky behavior and do risk or have risked being "poisoned" by something every bit as deadly as the bite a poisonous viper at some point in their "worship" at their altar of the pussy. [/SIZE

So this is your coming out speech??
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:30 AM   #39
JCM800
Ambassador

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Woe unto to him who trivializes or mocks the death of an actor found dead in his underwear with a dose of self-administered poison in his veins; or of a drug addled songstress who drowns because she cannot hold her head above the surface of the water in a bathtub; or the actor who dies a fiery death in a high performance car speeding twice the speed limit along a city street. Those deaths are not to be mocked; rather, those deaths are to be mourned and commemorated. But attach the word "religion" to a death, and the man becomes a joke -- the subject of ironic derision on a SHMB
the joke is that he believed a poisonous snake couldn't kill him ...because of religious beliefs.

what does a car crash & two OD's have to do with that?
JCM800 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #40
bojulay
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

The guys death was tragic for sure, but there are different levels
of stupid.

I remember hearing a story about some new age lady that came
to a belief that she could live off of only pure water and air and
no food, well she couldn't and she died, some guy in Russia
thought he could stop trains with his mind, well guess what.

Every death is tragic, but stupid is just stupid irregardless.
bojulay is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #41
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

It is worth repeating........Ever since man looked up into the heavens and contemplated his own mortality, he has been creating "Gods" in his own image to help him cope with the thought.
There is a big difference between spirituality and religion. Spirituality is a person's personal relationship with what ever "god" he worships. Religion is simply a means of controlling people.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 AM   #42
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Woe unto to him who trivializes or mocks the death of ...
.... But attach the word "religion" to a death, and the man becomes a joke -- the subject of ironic derision on a SHMB.
I mock them all IB....including myself. We are all going to die. Hopefully I'll go out on top of some hot lil number! If you wanna go out with a snake hanging onto your wrist or a needle in your vein or wrapped around a telephone pole...I say more power to ya!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:15 AM   #43
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

I can't believe I am in agreement with Waco Kid on something. I feel SO dirty.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 11:18 AM   #44
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
The irony is especially palpable here in this SHMB forum, because those who are mocking the dead man's actions are themselves engaging in risky behavior and do risk or have risked being "poisoned" by something every bit as deadly as the bite a poisonous viper at some point in their "worship" at their altar of the pussy.
Quite true. So stop letting all those New Orleans trannies fuck you in the ass.

It's poison I tell you!!!
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #45
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNYer View Post
I can't believe I am in agreement with Waco Kid on something. I feel SO dirty.
don't worry about it. a nice shower and some floss and you'll be all sparkly again
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women