Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70483
biomed161061
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453041
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47783
pyramider46370
bambino40447
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-28-2012, 11:23 AM   #31
pussycat
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39
Arrow

Hey listen to me about this because I know what I'm saying.

These "roundups" are phoney. They're intended to scare people into showing up on their own so they won't have to go find you. They take the reporters with them for one or two warrant exections at somoeone's employment just for show.

Don't worry about it.

It's just your normal LE way of doing things - everything by deception to make their jobs easier.
pussycat is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #32
pantsontheground
BANNED

Encounters: 3

You are right, nico. Body count was awesome.

Anyhow, here's the followup. I went to court to pay for an actual moving violation. While I was there, I asked the man behind the counter how much I owed in parking tickets and about the warrant roundup. Just as I thought, he said the roundup was only for traffic violations and criminal fines- and one couldn't be arrested for parking tickets, a civil matter. Then he looked up the amount I owed and only found one.ticket........ and it wasn't

even overdue at the time.
So tickets I got in previous cars with different plate numbers didn't even show up!
So I'm not paying anything beyond the.actual ticket I got from a cop a couple weeks ago. Pussycat does indeed speak the.truth.
pantsontheground is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #33
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsontheground View Post
So I got some threatening letters in the mail recently, demanding money. I am not a native Texan and have never had to deal with crap like this. Is there anyone with experience who can tell me what to do? Can I get the costs lowered if I get an attorney? I imagine I have racked up quite a bit of fines. In my home state, threats in the mail mean nothing. I guess its different here.

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/a...arrant-roundup
If you had stated "parking ticket" in your original post (above) you would have gotten different (read that as "correct") answers.
The answers you DID receive are correct the way you worded your original post.
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #34
guest031612-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
You are right, nico. Body count was awesome.

Anyhow, here's the followup. I went to court to pay for an actual moving violation. While I was there, I asked the man behind the counter how much I owed in parking tickets and about the warrant roundup. Just as I thought, he said the roundup was only for traffic violations and criminal fines- and one couldn't be arrested for parking tickets, a civil matter. Then he looked up the amount I owed and only found one.ticket........ and it wasn't

even overdue at the time.
So tickets I got in previous cars with different plate numbers didn't even show up!
So I'm not paying anything beyond the.actual ticket I got from a cop a couple weeks ago. Pussycat does indeed speak the.truth.
I don't know why I am responding to this but what the fuck.

If you did not pay off the "actual moving violation" as you said above, you may have been included in the warrant round up. Nice job of paying it off.

In certain cities, if you are a traffic ticket scofflaw with hundreds of dollars or thousands of dollars owed they will warrant you for arrest and come a knocking.

Texas, in general, is an extremely "officious" state and if they can come to your door with a warrant they will.

I know mostly Hooktards, always on the dodge, from a warrant roundup. They are extremely real. They are not as bad as a repo company but they can throw you in jail where a repo company cannot directly throw you in jail.

Yes, the bench warrant is typically for a moving violation that has never been responded to or a moving violation that has been adjudicated but the fines were never paid or never paid off in full. Of course, if the bench warrant is for any other crime or criminal matter they will come a knockin.

One Hooktard I know is in a constant state of always moving her car from place to place; stashing it from garage to garage...it's hilarious. LE mostly looks for your license plate but will knock on your door too.
guest031612-2 is offline   Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #35
pantsontheground
BANNED

I paid off the moving violation. I did not pay the red light tickets, the toll booths I ran, or the parking tickets. I looked myself up on Travis county and city of Austin warrant searches. Guess what! No warrants. Pussycat is right.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:45 AM   #36
EasyInAustin
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

County lockup blows, but man I love me some shit-on-a-shingle-on an old beat up tin tray.
EasyInAustin is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #37
BigGerman
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Why don't you just pay the fines you earned and be done with it like any normal person would?
BigGerman is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:28 PM   #38
pantsontheground
BANNED

Because they total over a thousand dollars, there are no negative consequences for not paying, and its unconstitutional.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #39
nuglet
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

besides, if he paid, his food stamps benefits would be cut since he has more than the qualified income.. apparently.. or not..
nuglet is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:15 PM   #40
Smokin Joe
Valued Poster

Quote:
Because they total over a thousand dollars, there are no negative consequences for not paying, and its unconstitutional.
The constitution addresses parking tickets?
Smokin Joe is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #41
Austintatious Lilly
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2800
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

OK NOW That I Know That They Are Parking Tickets -

NO, They Will NOT Put Out A Warrant For YOUR DUMB ASS!!!!!!

BUT They WILL BOOT Your Car!!!!!! And Then YOU Will Be BUSING

IT, BECAUSE YOUR CHEAP ASS WON'T HAVE THE MONEY To Get

The BOOT OFF!!!!!!!!!! Maybe You Should Go Back To WHEREVER It

Is That You Come From!!!!!!!!!! Darlin This Is TEXAS, And WE DON'T

TAKE KINDLY TO FREE LOADING DUMB ASSES!!!!!!!!!! PAY YOUR FINES!!!!!

JUST Sayin'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COULDN'T BE QUITE ON THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Austintatious Lilly is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #42
rockerrick
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Don't mess with Texas. LOL
rockerrick is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #43
BigGerman
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Where does the federal government, to which the US Constitution applies, have ANY jurisdiction over local governmental parking tickets? Local governments are free to make their own laws to which the Constitution does not address. Since parking ordinances are decided by the local government, the US Constitution DOES NOT APPLY. I don't think you could even argue they run afoul of the Texas Constitution.

So what if they are over $1,000 dollars? They will take whatever money you can give them, even if you don't give it to them all at one time. I owe the IRS an ass-ton of money, multiple times over the amount of your tickets. I told them I couldn't pay it all at once, and they are allowing to pay it off over time. Plus, when I pay it off, it never goes on my credit report. If I did nothing, my life would be in a world of shit.

By the way, I have to ask, what kind of fucking moron gets over $1,000 in parking tickets, toll booth fines, and running red light cameras? Also, they will come after you for toll booth fines. Plus, if they really want to, they can go to court and get a judgment against you, which will make your life a living hell if you ever try to buy or sell any real property.
BigGerman is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #44
Wolie
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 7

Well actually "some" of the red light cameras bills/tickets you get in the mail are private companies that aren't associated with the said city and are basically using the Cities Name to scam/scare you into paying. But I would call the cities court house to be sure still.

But that is only the mailed letter/tickets if a real Police gave you the ticket then its "real" with all the laws you broke and will need to be settled by the court date or fine payment.

Good luck with settling all your law troubles.
Wolie is offline   Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:50 AM   #45
GibsonLesPaul69
Gaining Momentum

It's in the eleventeenth amendment: "No law shall be passed infringing upon the right to park where so ever and when so ever the fuck you want."
GibsonLesPaul69 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women