Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70489
biomed161100
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47795
pyramider46370
bambino40455
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-03-2023, 05:15 AM   #31
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldace View Post
I know more than you evidently
Nope. You don’t.

Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court concerning enforcement of the Espionage Act of 1917 during World War I. A unanimous Supreme Court, in an opinion by Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr., concluded that Charles Schenck, who distributed flyers to draft-age men urging resistance to induction, could be convicted of an attempt to obstruct the draft, a criminal offense. The First Amendment did not protect Schenck from prosecution, even though, "in many places and in ordinary times, Schenck, in saying all that was said in the circular, would have been within his constitutional rights. But the character of every act depends upon the circumstances in which it is done." In this case, Holmes said, "the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent." Therefore, Schenck (Trump) could be punished.

Trump incited a riot. His words: “fight like hell” (among others) were far more incendiary than Schenck’s.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 07:26 AM   #32
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
Nope. You don’t.

Schenck v. United States, 249 U.S. 47 (1919), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court concerning enforcement of the Espionage Act of 1917 during World War I. A unanimous Supreme Court, in an opinion by Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr., concluded that Charles Schenck, who distributed flyers to draft-age men urging resistance to induction, could be convicted of an attempt to obstruct the draft, a criminal offense. The First Amendment did not protect Schenck from prosecution, even though, "in many places and in ordinary times, Schenck, in saying all that was said in the circular, would have been within his constitutional rights. But the character of every act depends upon the circumstances in which it is done." In this case, Holmes said, "the words used are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent." Therefore, Schenck (Trump) could be punished.

Trump incited a riot. His words: “fight like hell” (among others) were far more incendiary than Schenck’s.

Horseshit. Fight like hell is a generic statement
oilfieldace is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 07:34 AM   #33
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Not when encouraged or enticed. Council made the right call. Albeit an easy one
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 07:48 AM   #34
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
Come on now, old timer, we both know I can't answer that question for you. If I recall correctly, I don't think you have ever said that you believe every word that Trump speaks. Besides, I'm not the one directly insulting some people participating in this thread. You are.

I would appreciate in the future though if you would stay on topic so I don't have to RTM your post. Just a quick reminder; this thread is about how a Harvard educated lawyer who graduated Cum Laude in his class knows less about the law than the many brilliant legal scholars in this forum who never even went to college know when it comes to legally/lawfully defining free speech.

Old timer? Resorting to name calling now kiddo? The liberal worked its way to the top? F my memory serves me correctly, you said you weren’t a RTM type guy? But you do what you gotta do kiddo.

Are you suggesting that a law degree from Harvard means you can’t be crooked or coerced into making the wrong judgement call. The whole concept of this clown show is sling shit at the wall in hopes some will stick?
Old 08-03-2023, 09:47 AM   #35
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

Unfortunately for Mr. Trump, there is a long trail of him attempting to subvert the election result.

The only real judgement call was if it was worth it to indict a former President.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 09:47 AM   #36
Lucas McCain
Valued Poster

Relax, Ace. My kids actually call me "old timer" because to them, I am. And now that I have random gray hair popping up on my head or when I don't shave for a day, on my face, my little brats really have fun with it. I don't take it as an insult. I actually think it is funny. I've been calling my father the same thing since I was a kid as well. Stop being so sensitive about nothing.

As far as the RTM button, I admit I was fucking around about that. I'll never hit that tattletale pussy button on anyone. I'll leave that game to the sissies who do that bitch shit on this board. I'm not trying to have anybody get points, even if I find their posts to be a bit ridiculous.

Now back to the topic, I am simply saying that Trump's bullshit rally on that day was not protected by free speech IMO. But that is my opinion. I am not a lawyer. I don't act like I am, so I don't post as if my opinion about legal matters is the same as that of a lawyer. On the flip side, we have people posting as if they are lawyers because they have access to the internet and know how to type in words in a Google search.

I've already stated that I don't care for the Trump witch hunt, but some of these charges certainly are valid indictments and 1/6 IMO is definitely one of them.
Lucas McCain is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 10:02 AM   #37
Jacuzzme
BANNED

Encounters: 42

Quote:
That’s nice, although completely irrelevant because he wasn’t charged with incitement.
Jacuzzme is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 10:28 AM   #38
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas McCain View Post
Relax, Ace. My kids actually call me "old timer" because to them, I am. And now that I have random gray hair popping up on my head or when I don't shave for a day, on my face, my little brats really have fun with it. I don't take it as an insult. I actually think it is funny. I've been calling my father the same thing since I was a kid as well. Stop being so sensitive about nothing.

As far as the RTM button, I admit I was fucking around about that. I'll never hit that tattletale pussy button on anyone. I'll leave that game to the sissies who do that bitch shit on this board. I'm not trying to have anybody get points, even if I find their posts to be a bit ridiculous.

Now back to the topic, I am simply saying that Trump's bullshit rally on that day was not protected by free speech IMO. But that is my opinion. I am not a lawyer. I don't act like I am, so I don't post as if my opinion about legal matters is the same as that of a lawyer. On the flip side, we have people posting as if they are lawyers because they have access to the internet and know how to type in words in a Google search.

I've already stated that I don't care for the Trump witch hunt, but some of these charges certainly are valid indictments and 1/6 IMO is definitely one of them.
That’s all just too cute, but I don’t give a fuck whether you are anyone else is friendly with the RTM button.

As far as the 1/6 bullshit ,every political speech is enticement , if it isn’t why say it. The only politician I know that doesn’t make a passionate speech is Mike Pence. He is just too nice , don’t understand how he made it this long in politics. That world eats pussies like Pence for brunch.

S far as Trumps 1/6 speech it wasn’t or didn’t say anything Trump said in any of his speeches. It’s a bullshit charge that any Harvard educated lawyer should know, but when the Big Guy applies a directive ,it seems it is followed.
Old 08-03-2023, 10:40 AM   #39
VitaMan
Valued Poster

When Mr. Trump doesn't get his way, he has a long history of intimidation, threats, and lawsuits.

Only this time he went too far.
Calling GA election officials and telling them to find 11,780 votes ?
Threatening to sue voting officials unless they changed voting results ?
Not to mention over 70 frivolous lawsuits that had no evidence presented at all....every one thrown out.

That is not free speech. That is threats and intimidation.
Old 08-03-2023, 12:19 PM   #40
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaMan View Post
When Mr. Trump doesn't get his way, he has a long history of intimidation, threats, and lawsuits.

Only this time he went too far.
Calling GA election officials and telling them to find 11,780 votes ?
Threatening to sue voting officials unless they changed voting results ?
Not to mention over 70 frivolous lawsuits that had no evidence presented at all....every one thrown out.

That is not free speech. That is threats and intimidation.
That’s your opinion and like mine that’s all it is . You or I don’t know what he asked Georgia . But whatever it was it didn’t reach criminal activity. He had every right to contest the questionable counting. In case you haven’t notice . I thought the election was a fraud long before I heard anything Trump said. Too many last minute rule changes in various states.

For Christ sake this is nearly 8 years since Clinton lost and she still thinks she won the election.maybe she did I don’t really know or care. There is no way Biden got that many votes. All of which were counted under the umbrella of darkness.

You believe what you want, because I certainly believe what I believe. The difference is I am over Hildabeast and you folks won’t ever be over Trump.
Old 08-03-2023, 02:39 PM   #41
VitaMan
Valued Poster

The phone call to GA was recorded.

We can't wait for Trump to be put on the dust bin of politics.
Old 08-03-2023, 02:42 PM   #42
winn dixie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Quote:

Needs to be repeated.
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 04:26 PM   #43
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Quote:

So was the Ukraine call, doesn’t prove zilch
Old 08-03-2023, 04:27 PM   #44
oilfieldace
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Needs to be repeated.
Ask Adam Schiff if repeating bullshit over and over makes it true
Old 08-03-2023, 04:33 PM   #45