Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70435
biomed160686
Yssup Rider60005
gman4452941
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47607
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37090
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35426
Mojojo33117

Old 03-21-2011, 02:47 PM   #31
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

Encounters: 2
My ECCIE Reviews

I was going to insert a pic of Ansley in a habit but my jokes aren't funny.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #32
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Can I get a little respect here people?
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #33
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
Can I get a little respect here people?
It's my observation that they give you "little" respect PJ.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #34
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
I was going to insert a pic of Ansley in a habit but my jokes aren't funny.
Go for it!
I don't know Ansley, but here are a couple of Holy shots I did of my muse Lindsey.

If there's one thing D&T could use more of its photos of T&A.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #35
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazomaniac View Post
Back off DG. I saw her first.
NP; my horizontal tango dance card is full at the moment
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:18 PM   #36
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
It's my observation that they give you "little" respect PJ.
I thought respect needed to be earned?
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #37
Grad Girl Next Door
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 75276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
where as solar and wind. . . don't actually have potential for anything but wasting money at the current level of technology.
I agree in hoping the worst is over in Japan but have to disagree with the above statement.

Advancements even in the last few years in wind and solar have come a long way. It really depends on what technology is used in what region. I know a solar engineer at DOE and the compact nature of the new panels for their output is quite impressive.

The better more cost effective wind and solar technology will never be brought to the forefront until more focus is taken off of fossil fuels and nuclear energy. It's the same with any political arena.

Nuclear energy is purported to be so cost effective yet the only ones who benefit from cheap production is the plant owners and shareholders. This was evidenced at Peach Bottom in PA when locals opposed the plant but were told they'd be paying "practically nothing" on electric bills once the plant went in. Friends who live there have only seen a massive hike in their utilities and never a decrease from the inception of the plant.

Then factor in the added taxes paid for nuclear waste disposal/building of the waste repository in NV that isn't even going to be completed now...not really cost effective for the masses.

Once you get the plant up and running, the actual generation of the energy is much cheaper for the company itself, than most current methods in use. But just because the production cost is cheaper doesn't mean that the kw/h are being sold to consumers at a cheaper rate.

I don't slight the nuclear owners for doing what they do. They're in business and as long as they're allowed to do something they will. If the gov't took the billions allocated for nuclear energy and tossed it to the same nuclear companies for use the solar/wind/geothermal/wave evolution, you'd probably see a rapid transition. (Of course then you'd get into the issue of who gets what funding and that's it's own three headed monster.)
Grad Girl Next Door is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #38
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grad Girl Next Door View Post
I've seen a decent amount of videos, and comments on blogs, news articles, and Twitter feeds with people screaming that EU and US media is hyping the situation out of control. I also have friends who live in Japan who are more terrified than anyone I've chatted with in the US, because the people of that country know what nuclear accidents can do in worst case scenarios and they also know that their gov't is rather hush hush on anything that may add to the widespread panic already taking place over there.
Hi Grad Girl Next door!
Thanks for this long and informative post. Its really confusing to build up an opinion of your own with all that pro and anti nuclear activism going on. Friends of mine who live part time in Austria and part time in Japan try to be rather calm about all of this. I still don`t know what to think, but - let me express it that way - i expect the worst. And its saddening.

Oh and i just read you are new here! Welcome! Me too loves to read more from you in the future!
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:22 PM   #39
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Great! Then the new technology can stand on it's own in the marketplace without government support! Glad to hear it. Meanwhile, Britain almost froze because their turbines wouldn't work when it got cold. Of course most of the "billions allocated for nuclear energy. . . are in the form of rules regulations and inspections, not support.

In other words, the new technolgies will never be able to compete. . . until they are competitive.

Certainly nuclear is an agenda. . . so is anti-nuclear.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 03:32 PM   #40
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:

The better more cost effective wind and solar technology will never be brought to the forefront until more focus is taken off of fossil fuels and nuclear energy. It's the same with any political arena.
I could not agree more with what you stated. A lot of support into some technologies is based on lobbyism and politics and financial gain of investments. Its not that other arena`s are less productive its just that some people would loose their power and financial and political benefits if the focus gets divided into other resources as well. I do think that slowly slowly there might be a change happening.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #41
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I love crony capitalism.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 PM   #42
Mazomaniac
Valued Poster

Quote:
With luck the casualties from the Japanese nuclear reactors won't be as bad as Three Mile Island, where deaths approached those of . . Chappaquiddick Island.
You do realize that one person is confirmed dead and two others are missing and presumed dead at the plant, right?

Not such a funny line when there's already bodies being recovered.

You and Gilbert Gottfried . . .
Mazomaniac is offline   Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:11 PM   #43
Grad Girl Next Door
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Great! Then the new technology can stand on it's own in the marketplace without government support! Glad to hear it.
Hmmm...then with that argument nuclear energy can stand on it's own without government support as well...government support that includes funds to campaigns via nuclear lobbyist, etc. One thing I will give many of the hard core tree huggers is that they'll still be out there fighting nuclear energy for no money whatsoever. Whereas if you took away the funding of the so called "grass roots campaigns" that promote nuclear energy... once the paychecks are gone, they will be as well.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Britain almost froze because their turbines wouldn't work when it got cold.
As for the frozen turbine argument ...again...as stated in my last comment, it depends on what method you use where. Also, while Britain almost froze when the turbines halted due to natural disaster, how many people got cancer, how many died, and how many generations were effected by that one unanticipated uber-cold snap? Not nearly the same comparison as the scale of Japan. We won’t fully know the extent of that ecological and physiological damage for decades.

Also, how cost effective is it going to be to rebuild the nuclear facilities in Japan? Far more than it would cost to rebuild turbines. And what exactly will be happening now while citizens up North freeze due to lack of power there now that they've lost their primary power source? Britain was back up and running long before Japan will be. Quake and Tsunami damage to the power grids aside, the time it will take to rebuild the actual reactors could be a few years even at the fastest pace.

There really is no comparison from UK to Japan, in cost, damages, or downtime.
Quote:
Of course most of the "billions allocated for nuclear energy. . . are in the form of rules regulations and inspections, not support.

In other words, the new technolgies will never be able to compete. . . until they are competitive.
Regarding funding for nuclear rules, regulations and safety...there is funding within that for "regulatory" commissions ad nauseum, as well as for developing "safer" technology within the nuclear field. There's also a good portion in government grants that can be put towards new nuclear facilities.

I never said anything about using government funds to support the alternative method's infrastructure. But why the money towards the many many commissions and the "safer" nuclear tech research plus grants couldn't be equally effectively parlayed into alternative methods has yet to be seen.

Much of the studies put forth claiming alternative methods are so much more costly were in fact prepared by agencies hired by the pro-nuclear groups. Granted, that's not to say that so-called "independent" reports by the alternative methods agencies would be that much more honest or accurate.

Keep in mind most have never heard of the issues that plagued Hanford Washington. Granted, that plant was built in 1943, but no public admission of nuclear spill/leak was ever made. From what I've read, they never fully admitted if the widespread radiation was solely from irradiated cooling waters going back into the river (as they usually do) or if it was both a mix of that and other spills from where they were actually processing the weapons grade Plutonium. But the reactor itself utilized Plutonium in its cores and it is known that at least a portion of the contamination down river came from the cooling water in the reactor itself.

A lawsuit put forth by some of those downwinders in the 80’s wasn’t even settled until 2005. (Downwinders won that suit BTW.)

(Wiki Downwinders: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downwinders#Hanford )

The document: An Overview of Hanford and Radiation Health Effects. (HHIN) is no longer available on the Wash state health Dept site but is available to order through the CDC.

Summary of the document: Presents some basic information about Hanford, the radiation it released and how people were exposed to the radioactive contamination. It also provides an introduction to the possible health effects from radiation exposure, including a special section on thyroid disease. Summer 1996.

Quote:
Certainly nuclear is an agenda. . . so is anti-nuclear.
Yes, there are both pro-nuclear and anti-nuclear agendas. I'm not about to chain myself to the entrance of a nuclear plant wielding a sign that says "No Nukes" and screaming "We're all gonna die" to everyone who passes by.

For me, I'm not anti-nuclear...I'm pro personal well being. And until some of the pro-nuclear physicists start admitting that there are potential risks, instead of putting up this front as though new facilities are practically invincible, I think it's foolish to fully get behind nuclear energy. That kind of arrogance in various industries has screwed us time and time again.

It also should be noted that the general population will often hear the pro-nuclear side of things because there is more money behind it. This leads to conspiracy theories being tossed out by the anti-nuclear side, so when the general public has the two sides to compare, the anti-nuke side often seems like nutjob fanatics.

There is an intelligent, non-fanatical side to the anti-nuclear/limited-nuclear debate. It tends to be overshadowed by money of nuke corps and crazy of ultra non-nuke fanatics (who tend to be fanatics in other areas as well).

I just wanted to toss out a more in-depth look at the side you generally won't hear much about because it's not either buying ad space (in the corporate aspect) or creating a scene by chanting and waving signs in protest (as in some of the non-nuke fanatics).
Old 03-21-2011, 07:54 PM   #44
Grad Girl Next Door
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius View Post
Welcome to our world Grad Girl Next Door.
Thank you for the welcome MA A colorful world to say the least
Old 03-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #45
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Hmmm...then with that argument nuclear energy can stand on it's own without government support as well...government support that includes funds to campaigns via nuclear lobbyist, etc. One thing I will give many of the hard core tree huggers is that they'll still be out there fighting nuclear energy for no money whatsoever. Whereas if you took away the funding of the so called "grass roots campaigns" that promote nuclear energy... once the paychecks are gone, they will be as well.

Wow, I think i am in love with you!!. You are wonderful and incredibly smart. Love your posts. Thanks for them!! I learn much from them!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women