Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160603
Yssup Rider59942
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47561
pyramider46370
bambino40331
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35397
Mojojo33117

Old 07-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #31
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
I think any good practioner (medical or other) can make mistakes. I don't think lawyers should get un-godly rich because of it. The laws need to change. Should injured parties be justly compensated? Yes. Do lawyers need to become mega wealthy in the process? No.
Wait, i must have read that wrong. Did Whirlaway just suggest that we should have laws to determine who can and who can't become wealthy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
We need to cap attorney fees, cap jury awards, and legislate how much of the award is divided between attorney(s) and clients.
Some Libertarian you turned out to be.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:10 PM   #32
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastcars1966 View Post
How many of those were never contested due to the expense?
Almost none. How the hell do you run up average expenses of about $42,000 in a law suit (the present average expenses when cases are closed in my office), if a case isn't contested? We order medical records, hire experts, take depositions, get ready for trial, and settle cases on the courthouse steps in most cases.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:16 PM   #33
Fastcars1966
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
Almost none. How the hell do you run up average expenses of about $42,000 in a law suit (the present average expenses when cases are closed in my office), if a case isn't contested? We order medical records, hire experts, take depositions, get ready for trial, and settle cases on the courthouse steps in most cases.

Good question? That is surprising I thought it would be much higher # of cases that is. Obviously you screen your clients better than the lawyers we deal with. I know that my company settles cases every day for $5k to $10k instead of fighting because it is cheaper than the $42k average you speak of. Most of the people we settle with just want a big screen TV to go with the electric wheel chair that the government bought, and a carton of smokes so they can get lung CA and sue tobacco because hell it has to be some ones fault that I weight 400lbs have to many problems to list and only be 35 years old. LOL

Those are exactly the type of people I see taking an ambulance to every ER in town multiple times per month because they are short of breath and have chest pain, and get a big fat Earned Income Credit because when they were 20 they decided it was better to be a drain on the system than to eat well exercise and WORK.
Fastcars1966 is offline   Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #34
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

$42,000 isn't the average value of my settlements. It's the average value of the expenses that I have in my cases. Obviously, if you have an average of $42,000 in expenses advanced in each case, then the settlement value of the case has to be well north of $250,000 for the case to be economically viable. I haven't calculated the average settlement or verdict value of cases. I suspect it's pretty variable from year to year, but runs from the $200k - $500k range.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #35
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Yep, you're tight on the no-to-slow growth in population TTH, I think most of the Bircher-nut, Tea-vangelists, et al have already moved here and many are only looking for trailer parks in which to reside anyway, thusly not impacting any rise in overall housing costs.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:26 AM   #36
Randy4Candy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Good question? That is surprising I thought it would be much higher # of cases that is. Obviously you screen your clients better than the lawyers we deal with. I know that my company settles cases every day for $5k to $10k instead of fighting because it is cheaper than the $42k average you speak of. Most of the people we settle with just want a big screen TV to go with the electric wheel chair that the government bought, and a carton of smokes so they can get lung CA and sue tobacco because hell it has to be some ones fault that I weight 400lbs have to many problems to list and only be 35 years old. LOL

Those are exactly the type of people I see taking an ambulance to every ER in town multiple times per month because they are short of breath and have chest pain, and get a big fat Earned Income Credit because when they were 20 they decided it was better to be a drain on the system than to eat well exercise and WORK.
As long as you're spouting cliches founded by exceptions rather than norms, go ahead and trot out the "welfare Cadillac" one, too. Hmmm, I guess it'd now be the "welfare Excalade" in order to fit the "government bought electric wheel chair" in it.
Randy4Candy is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:37 AM   #37
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy4Candy View Post
Excalade
Made in your back yard by American workers at an American auto plant in Arlington, Tx.!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:51 AM   #38
Fastcars1966
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexTushHog View Post
$42,000 isn't the average value of my settlements. It's the average value of the expenses that I have in my cases. Obviously, if you have an average of $42,000 in expenses advanced in each case, then the settlement value of the case has to be well north of $250,000 for the case to be economically viable. I haven't calculated the average settlement or verdict value of cases. I suspect it's pretty variable from year to year, but runs from the $200k - $500k range.
I know what you mean, and that is the same for both sides. Cost more to fight than to settle.
Old 07-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #39
Fastcars1966
Valued Poster

Quote:
As long as you're spouting cliches founded by exceptions rather than norms, go ahead and trot out the "welfare Cadillac" one, too. Hmmm, I guess it'd now be the "welfare Excalade" in order to fit the "government bought electric wheel chair" in it.
I wish it were Clichés, but all you have to do is hang out in an ER to see that is not the case we know these people by their first names they come in so often. Small percentage as it may be it is still a drain on the system. No such thing as a "Welfare Cadillac" Go by the local subsidized housing, and you will see many people are quite happy living poor. Then count how many electric wheel chairs you see. We have a people problem in this country. Good food is neither purchased nor affordable, Poor people tend to make up the largest percentage of the unhealthy population, and pay little or no taxes. Education is the key to changing America, and where do we stand as a nation? We cut the budget under pay our teachers, and pass students who should be held back and sit back and say yes we need to change that, but someone else needs to pay for it not me. Let's tax the wealthy yea that's the solution. Take the blinders off and get active in your community. Make everyone a part of the solution that is how you instill change, and hope. Not by giving welfare. When this country is in crises we need to band together not point fingers.

Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #40
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
I know that my company settles cases every day for $5k to $10k Most of the people we settle with just want a big screen TV

when they were 20 they decided it was better to be a drain on the system than to eat well exercise and WORK.
Its happened to me twice and someone right now is trying to posture themselves into a suit that I have seen coming and already prepared to face.Thankfully I have a tough attorney with ethics.My suits have not had merit and have been defended for approx $2000. per occurance.You can document and follow the rules and in the end, this shit just clogs up the court system with paperwork.My retainer fees although had me tiing up $5000. for extended periods of time though, but in the end the plaintiffs got NOTHING!!

Quote:
As long as you're spouting cliches founded by exceptions rather than norms,.
He is stating fact, your a cliche.In my cases though, the parties start suing at 22.
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #41
JONBALLS
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
I wish it were Clichés, but all you have to do is hang out in an ER to see that is not the case we know these people by their first names they come in so often. Small percentage as it may be it is still a drain on the system. No such thing as a "Welfare Cadillac" Go by the local subsidized housing, and you will see many people are quite happy living poor. Then count how many electric wheel chairs you see. We have a people problem in this country. Good food is neither purchased nor affordable, Poor people tend to make up the largest percentage of the unhealthy population, and pay little or no taxes. Education is the key to changing America, and where do we stand as a nation? We cut the budget under pay our teachers, and pass students who should be held back and sit back and say yes we need to change that, but someone else needs to pay for it not me. Let's tax the wealthy yea that's the solution. Take the blinders off and get active in your community. Make everyone a part of the solution that is how you instill change, and hope. Not by giving welfare. When this country is in crises we need to band together not point fingers.

there is PLENTY of money spread around fraudulently.Its class warfare , a lifestyle fostured through government programs to create a whole generation of takers.You cant reverse a mindset once the spirit has been drained out of people.Theres plenty of money for high speed Internet, a tv in every room that never shuts off and a cell phone in every hand. The thermostat turned up to 90 from September to may with the windows upstairs wide open. The use of water, as documented by my water bills,for a single family homes that rivals my other multi family structures.Marijuana smoke hanging in the air..Theres PLENTY of money already spent .Its not a tax problem by any means.Obama KNOWS this,hes not intrested in helping the "POOR", just use them to achieve his handlers agenda.
JONBALLS is offline   Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:37 PM   #42
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Quote:
I know what you mean, and that is the same for both sides. Cost more to fight than to settle.
Not really. Like I said, I would imagine that my average settlement value is well into the mid six figure range. And the Defendants aren't paying $250 - $500k per case to defend PI cases of that size.

Now large commercial cases, the cost of litigating per side often go into the multiple millions of dollars. But I rarely take those on a contingent fee. I'm mostly in those on an hourly fee + success bonus.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women