Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > San Antonio > The Sandbox - San Antonio
The Sandbox - San Antonio The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70426
biomed160651
Yssup Rider59982
gman4452939
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47591
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35417
Mojojo33117

Old 02-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #31
extant51
Registered Member

Ok, one more thing (smiley face) .. I know I won't offer anything new to change your mind, CG, nor do I want to. I am thankful that you have done your research and have your own opinion. Your generation will rule the country soon enough, and we oldies are lucky to leave it to informed voters, such as yourself. You decide where the country is going to be in 20-30 years.

I will look forward to further discussion BCD.
extant51 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #32
Guest061918
Account Disabled

Encounters: 10

Ok. So this is one of the few posts that I have to agree with you on. Most of this post is spot on. In the past the majority of the time the ole ABQ would disagree and call your points rherotic. The second amendment for all intensive purposes was created for protection against the militia. That being said it is the 2nd amendment and everyone's right as an american citizen to own a gun. for that reason I am agreeing with you and most of the republicans on this one. However, I would not mind at all to see assualt rifles banned but that is my opinion. There is validity to your point about shotguns also.

Did anyone else notice the words Sandy Hook on a map in "The Dark Knight Rises?"
Guest061918 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #33
Jr Fan 88
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 6
Thumbs up

Thank you for your rant! Well put!
Jr Fan 88 is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #34
MoneyManMatt
Certified Public NERD

Encounters: 490

This is my Rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun.

MoneyManMatt is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:40 PM   #35
Ms. Milani
Account Disabled

User ID: 110494
My ECCIE Reviews

I'm very confused. I thought being a liberal meant you wanted freedom from the government to make our own choices and to not let the government control and take away our rights. But now the liberal party is wanting to ban guns? Doesn't liberal come from liberation from control? The liberals I know are against gun bans and think everyone should have freedom to make our own choices. I think the liberal politicians are going against liberal views and making all liberals look bad. Unless I completely am off about what the liberal views are.
Ms. Milani is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #36
MoneyManMatt
Certified Public NERD

Encounters: 490

From how I've always seen it from my own eyes (and I'm only in my late 20s), Being Liberal is about bigger gov't (more gov't control) and favoring special interest that doesn't necessarily agree with the majority.

But mainly, how I've seen, They are about trying to say something is a right when is NOT expressed in the constitution directly (Gay marriage, abortion etc).

They are also about trying to limit/take away rights that ARE expressed directly in the constitution: freedom of expression (trying to censor Rush and Hannity) and, see Collegegirlforyou's posts above, Gun rights (2nd amendment).

Ever since I got to college, I've seen that being liberal is trying to control the media and giving only info that they want to get out. Fox is the exception but every other network will only report something that will benefit their idea/beliefs.

Example: A Veteran in California (One of the most Liberal states out there) was asked to take down his American flag, that he flew outside his appartment, b/c it was "offensive to anyone who doesn't believe in the American flag." Only Fox news report this, I wonder why the other networks didnt

See the article here:
www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/09/20/iraq-veteran-asked-to-remove-american-flag-from-apartment/

Now lets flip the script. A liberal will never condemn someone for flying another countries flag (or even burning the American flag on American soil) b/c then they would be "Expressing themselves." So if that same city saw someone flying the Mexican flag, that's OK. But flying the American Flag is offensive.

So Malaya, that's what being liberal is about.
MoneyManMatt is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #37
collegegirlforyou
Valued Poster

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ-to-tha-210-biatch! View Post
Ok. So this is one of the few posts that I have to agree with you on. Most of this post is spot on. In the past the majority of the time the ole ABQ would disagree and call your points rherotic. The second amendment for all intensive purposes was created for protection against the militia. That being said it is the 2nd amendment and everyone's right as an american citizen to own a gun. for that reason I am agreeing with you and most of the republicans on this one. However, I would not mind at all to see assualt rifles banned but that is my opinion. There is validity to your point about shotguns also.

Did anyone else notice the words Sandy Hook on a map in "The Dark Knight Rises?"

Can someone tell me why assault rifles should be banned? I mean like a real factual rational reason. Don't say you don't see why someone needs one, because that's not a reason to ban them, that's a reason for you not to buy one. For someone that uses the term rhetoric, but does not see the irony in that is fleeting.
(that by the way is one thing that liberals specialize in..."If i don't want it, i don't mind it being banned")
2nd amendment was not against militias....but i think that was a typo by you. I think i know what you meant. However since you brought up the militia....The 2nd amendment was founded so that we the people did not have to fear the government, the government should fear it's people. Taking assault rifles out of the hands of law biding citizens (many of which are combat veterans returning home) benefits who? The government or the people? There is a reason why fascism historically starts with gun control (think about it). That is not a manufactured threat, that is history.

Believe it or not I want peace and love as much as anyone. I have a three year old that i want to grow up in a safe world. Peace and safety never comes from good people doing nothing and allowing bad people to run the terms of the world, and i'm not content hoping for pipe dreams to come true while others gain power that will ultimately affect the freedoms of my son as he comes of age. I'm a young woman, but not naive. If you look at the federal expansion and the expansion of federal powers in the last 40 years i'm not keen on giving up much more to those who can not act responsibly and have no accountability. I think the time period of the 60s was a great example of what happens when citizens let emotions rather facts take over their decision making abilities. Mind you, i don't believe many hippies of the 60's would identify with today's take on liberalism. I doubt they would want a system of government that strives to make every decision for you, from healthcare to what size soda you can have. Liberals in power know how to seduce those who put emotion over rationality. That's why they choose so many progressive topics such as the green movement. If you really dive into reading some facts about it with an open mind you can decide for yourself if it seems like one of the greatest special interest cons ever. LOL But the politicians you can't trust not to spend your tax dollars recklessly are the same ones you want to trust enough to decide what is "reasonable?" Who's best interest do you think they have? Yours? Because they have such a long track record and making you proud? I doubt it...but then again i spew out "rhetoric"....LOL

It's Friday and I have a weekend of planning ahead of me...It's my birthday next weekend the 2nd of March and i'm going to the coast for four days of fishing so if I don't reply back to this thread don't think i'm purposely doing it. I just have to get all my stuff together this weekend

P.S. I never blame a liberal for being a liberal (unless they become a dick about it, then i politely tell them to go frack themselves and hug a tree ) because i see the appeal of it; however, I can't forget everything I've read and learned about history, politics, and economics. I went into college with an open mind, i wasn't one way or the other, but the more i learned the more i realized that liberalism may sound peachy on the surface, but it doesn't work in practice or really even theory when you bring facts into play. Don't take my word for it...just stop taking the words of people who don't have your interest in mind (media) and do your homework...
collegegirlforyou is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:31 AM   #38
Laz
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

The term "assault rifles" should be banned. It has been used to mislead people and is not clearly defined. Let the politicians start talking about functionality that is not allowed. That has already occurred since fully automatic weapons are highly regulated. It is silly to ban semi automatic rifles based on cosmetics. The reality is no one "needs" a certain type of semi automatic rifle because there are so many good alternatives available. However, I have a BIG problem with the government trying to dictate what I want. It restricts businesses from developing products that appeal to consumers and prevents consumers from obtaining what they want. It is our money and the government cannot dictate what we want.

There are two issues in this whole debate that have merit. The first is background checks. Not selling guns to criminals is a good idea. They will still find ways to get them but why make it easy. The second is limiting clip capacity. I am not sure where the limit should be, and even though a clip can be quickly changed, sometimes a second can make a difference to the person running away. I would not apply this to rifles since hand guns are the problem but it is worth considering.
Laz is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:51 AM   #39
BoomShakaLaka
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Someone say guns?
BoomShakaLaka is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #40
BoomShakaLaka
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laz View Post
The term "assault rifles" should be banned. It has been used to mislead people and is not clearly defined. Let the politicians start talking about functionality that is not allowed. That has already occurred since fully automatic weapons are highly regulated. It is silly to ban semi automatic rifles based on cosmetics. The reality is no one "needs" a certain type of semi automatic rifle because there are so many good alternatives available. However, I have a BIG problem with the government trying to dictate what I want. It restricts businesses from developing products that appeal to consumers and prevents consumers from obtaining what they want. It is our money and the government cannot dictate what we want.

There are two issues in this whole debate that have merit. The first is background checks. Not selling guns to criminals is a good idea. They will still find ways to get them but why make it easy. The second is limiting clip capacity. I am not sure where the limit should be, and even though a clip can be quickly changed, sometimes a second can make a difference to the person running away. I would not apply this to rifles since hand guns are the problem but it is worth considering.

Actually the term Assault Weapon is a political term to scare people, Politicians know if they scare people they will do what they want them to for their "safety"

NO guns should be banned EVER --- we have the right to bear arms -- NOT right to bear some arms, The 2nd amendment isnt about hunting or home protection -- its about protecting yourself from the govt, They want to have the upper hand to they spread propaganda to the masses because they know the sheep in this country will believe anything they say, If we dont have the same fire power at the govt then we cannot protect ourselves from the govt,
Old 02-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #41
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

A bit of hearsay on my part since I wasn't there myself but told to me by someone that was.

They were at a place that sold firearms recently and the person they were with was able to buy and walk out with a handgun. They happened to be a felon. Must have use a fake ID.

Just goes to show you no matter what rules in place....
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #42
BoomShakaLaka
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
A bit of hearsay on my part since I wasn't there myself but told to me by someone that was.

They were at a place that sold firearms recently and the person they were with was able to buy and walk out with a handgun. They happened to be a felon. Must have use a fake ID.

Just goes to show you no matter what rules in place....
Laws are for law abiding citizens -- criminals dont give a shit
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #43
rockerrick
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

Unless you have a FFL you don't own the same firepower as the Govt , legally ! Of course there are a few filing alterations to certain firearms .
rockerrick is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #44
BoomShakaLaka
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockerrick View Post
Unless you have a FFL you don't own the same firepower as the Govt , legally ! Of course there are a few filing alterations to certain firearms .

And that in itself is unconstitutional
Old 02-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #45
nerdy123
Valued Poster

Encounters: 42

I don't personally believe in guns. For myself. I have no issue with anyone's constitutional rights, I just don't want guns in my home. I am a disabled vet, and I proudly used a weapon in combat. I do wish there were more strict gun laws in the acquisition of firearms, not the ownership. There seems to be a lack of training in my opinion.

The true issue isn't with weapons. It's like blaming a screwdriver for stripping a screw. Any tool used properly can be useful. Maybe we should be focusing on proper usage.

I draw the line, but not at simple assault weapons. I have a friend who owns a fully functional M-60 machine gun. He never uses it. He shipped it back from Africa piece by piece. It was something to do at the time to not go crazy. Should he have it? No. But is he at least responsible? I suppose.
nerdy123 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women