Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 12-01-2010, 07:36 PM   #31
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
This is Edward laying under his tree
Do we get an actual picture of Edward under said tree? It could be your December avatar.
Guest083011 is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 09:32 AM   #32
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6173

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR Only View Post
Do we get an actual picture of Edward under said tree? It could be your December avatar.
Well, if I have to get technical about it Edward does not fit under the tree. He is actually a little taller than it. It is the best tree I have had yet ( I say this every year) but I would have to put Ansley's little bushy tailed Rodent under it to make it look like a regular sized Christmas tree.
Katy Alexander is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #33
tylorblake
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 13797
My ECCIE Reviews

Reviews definitely serve a purpose. I guess the part I enjoy the least is being rated on a scale of 1 to 10 on performance and looks. It makes me feel like I am in a pagent or something. And it isn't as if women don't have enough insecurities, whether they show it or not.

I always wonder about ladies that have virtually all 10/10's. How someone could be perfect ALL the time with EVERY man astonishes me. I mean, I can't click with everyone, its human nature. I have done doubles before where I felt like I was with a character not a real human being. If I am striving to be absolutely perfect to get a perfect review, the guy most likely be able to form a genuine connection with the somewhat flawed me.
tylorblake is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 11:09 AM   #34
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

I'm not fond of reviews but am not upset by them. I can't stand to read my own because they're too painfully detailed, as required by sites like TER. So the necessity of crassness is too much for me to stand, it saps all the life and subtlety out of what we experienced together, as what is written in the review is rarely how I want to remember the evening.

I do see the value, from a gents point of view, of seeing that a lady has a small handful of them. I think I've averaged almost a review a year. I have once had a false positive review, from someone who probably didn't realize I meet so few new people it's bleedingly obvious we had never met. I had it removed and suspect it was going to be used to gain VIP status on the site. I later learned the man who posted it harassed a provider who is a casual acquaintance of mine.

I do wish the sites would stress the "General" description more. Since I tend to be more interested in regular friends and mistress arrangements, they're far more interested in hearing an honest third party discuss what I'm like as a person, and naturally assume our bedroom chemistry will uniquely evolve over time - so "the details" are actually useless to them, and there isn't enough of the information they actually want.

As a result I have a small section of my site "Kind Words" where gentlemen very familiar with me write up their experience without any guidelines from me. I realize they are bias, as they are written for my site, by gentlemen who are quite fond of me to start with. However, even with the bias I hope they can explain my personality from an outside perspective in a light that might be valuable to the people who are likely to contact me.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #35
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Reviews suck. LOL

I have written a few, all but one at the explicit request of the woman for whom they were written. I am pleased that in some cases providers have chosen to highlight those reviews or, because I can manage to get reviews approved while still highlighting what is really important (approach, personality, atmosphere, mindset etc), deliberately seek me reviewing them.

But overall, I really don't enjoy writing them and I almost never read them.

I'm not exactly sure how to express this, but I'll give it a shot.

There are providers in existence who are on an entirely different plane from "bbbj." Every one of them has a different approach to making it happen, but the end result is the same -- an experience that feels special almost to the point of being sacred.

Such experiences simply cannot be described in the sort of common parlance that sites like ter require. Dumbing them down to that point while still retaining the vital essence is monstrously difficult.

In other sites it can be even worse; with a series of checkboxes for various sex acts. As though that is all the woman is -- a check in a box for a fee.

While I WILL write a review when requested; in general I avoid it because the practice feels violative.

As for reading reviews .... I don't generally. I DO check to make sure that they exist. I feel some reviews have to exist for a provider outside of the referral-only space to be legitimate. But I don't usually read them.

YMMV ... right? So what difference does it make what happened with the last ten guys? As far as I am concerned, any woman I see gets tabula rasa. Whatever expectations I may have are set by her, and her alone; and NOT by some guy who claims to have given her 46 orgasms.

It should be understood that YMMV also varies in a positive direction -- it isn't always a negative. And so far, anyway, anytime mileage has varied, it has been positive for me.

So ... I don't usually write them, but will do so if requested; I check to make sure that reviews *exist* but don't typically read them as I want women to have a blank slate in both directions.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #36
Guest083011
Account Disabled

Default I'll google for you

Just to save everyone hitting google:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabula_rasa
You're welcome.

and http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=Tabula+rasa
Old 12-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #37
Aflac
Account Disabled

Encounters: 11

Okay, "I jump in it." (As the Russian Mobster says on the Direct TV commercial.)

Hasn't this thread taken an interesting turn? Thanks for venting ladies.

Here's a perspective...

I'm not going to try and connect with a lady the first time because her pictures look good; her self reported height, weight, and measurements seem nice; and her bio and interests meet some trite combination of stereotypes. Those could all be lies and damn lies.

The reviews - in all their Jr. High glory - give me an indication of what might happen during the time we are together. Although they may also be lies and damn lies, once you get 5 or 10 of them that resemble one another, they tend to paint a pretty good portrait of what the possibilities might be. And, although this is a time based service, I think it's fair to say that what happens during that time is why hobbyists are there.

To me the attitude where a hobbyist, specifically seeking a first date, decides to spend time with a lady because of her personality, attitude, education, conversation skills, and class would seem to be a bit delusional to me. Those are key elements but this is the hobby. Not match dot com.

While I do respect anyone's decision not to participate in that process, I think reviews tend to be generally necessary and serve a valid purpose to both camps in the hobby community.

With that in mind, it would take an unusual situation, or some review-type details from back channels for me to decide to connect with a lady the first time without seeing at least a handful of reviews.
Aflac is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 05:44 PM   #38
Katy Alexander
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 6173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
Reviews suck. LOL

Such experiences simply cannot be described in the sort of common parlance that sites like ter require. Dumbing them down to that point while still retaining the vital essence is monstrously difficult.

In other sites it can be even worse; with a series of checkboxes for various sex acts. As though that is all the woman is -- a check in a box for a fee.

Thank you LI think you did a good job of explaining why so many of us dislike them so much.
Katy Alexander is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:31 PM   #39
burkalini
Valued Poster

Encounters: 76
Default WTF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Thank you LI think you did a good job of explaining why so many of us dislike them so much.

Laurentis you do such a good job of being a white night some times. Reviews are a good basis for hobbyist to see if at least a providers fits within his wants and needs. They are designed for the hobbyist and not the provider. If menu items are explained on the review then the next hobbyist can see if the provider is for him. We all know that alot of reviews are pumped up and sometimes not true at all but overall you can get a good background on how you match up with that particular provider.

It is much easier to get a good match with them than without them . I'm sure all the hobbyist that have had to play the guessing game and thrown hundreds of dollars out the window on bad matches will agree.
burkalini is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #40
Guest083011
Account Disabled

But the women here are not thilled with the reviews. So Laurentis expressed as to why he finds the reviews not necessary. As I've I really get just how offensive and rude the reviews are. The women are are people with feelings, egos, pride, etc. and to "rate" a person down to a numerical value is demeaning.

Mentally I think I'm about a 4. Others think otherwise.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #41
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default and I never would have met all you wonderful people.

There would be no eccie without reviews.

So even though I do not write them, I am thankful for those that do.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #42
Guest011914-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 41643
My ECCIE Reviews

I agree with this to a point...not all gentlemen desire the same things so with gentlemen "A" i may do A<B<C and with gentlemen B I may do W>X>Y>Z....so the menu varies on what the gentlemen is hungry for...but I always am "me" regardless...(hope that made sense)
Quote:
Originally Posted by burkalini View Post
Laurentis you do such a good job of being a white night some times. Reviews are a good basis for hobbyist to see if at least a providers fits within his wants and needs. They are designed for the hobbyist and not the provider. If menu items are explained on the review then the next hobbyist can see if the provider is for him. We all know that alot of reviews are pumped up and sometimes not true at all but overall you can get a good background on how you match up with that particular provider.

It is much easier to get a good match with them than without them . I'm sure all the hobbyist that have had to play the guessing game and thrown hundreds of dollars out the window on bad matches will agree.
Guest011914-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #43
Ansley
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 499
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
There would be no eccie without reviews.

So even though I do not write them, I am thankful for those that do.
Who's typing on WTF's keyboard?
Ansley is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #44
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkalini View Post

We have to acknowledge that there are different types of hobbying.

There are guys out there for whom the most important make or break factor is a particular sex act -- CIM or Greek for example. And you know what, for THEM -- reviews are very important because if a woman doesn't reliably provide these things well, from their perspective, they are throwing their money away.

But let me throw something out there for you. If the only reason guys hobbied was for physical release, they'd stay home and masturbate. And if they DID book someone, it would be for 15 minutes tops.

The reason guys shuck out hundreds of bucks is not simply for an orgasm they can give themselves in 3 minutes for free. It is because the presence of a real-live physical woman meets an emotional need.

Now, what that specific emotional need might be is different for every guy. I sure can't dictate what your needs should be, any more than you can dictate mine. It's a very individual thing.

Now me, yes, I want sex. But I'm not hung up on specific sex acts. But I am also very much in touch with myself and completely understand exactly what emotional needs I seek to have met, and what sorts of ladies can meet them.

And it just so happens that I can ascertain this capacity without ever reading a review.

So for me, other than their existence to ascertain legitimacy -- they aren't useful. Whereas for you, because you seek to have different needs met -- they are important.

It has zilch to do with white knighting, and everything to do with the fact that the hobby is not monolithically full of identical men seeking identical commoditized offerings from identical women.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #45
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default What's a man to do?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley View Post
Who's typing on WTF's keyboard?
Hey I was going to live in Becky's pants and vacation down in your panties but I see you aren't wearing any!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurentius View Post
. But I am also very much in touch with myself .
Hey, no self reviews!

WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women