Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47582
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 07-02-2011, 09:38 AM   #31
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Thanks for posting the facts......

Quote:
Originally Posted by googol^googol View Post
It is not necessary to dispute the facts. Here they are:
(None of these prices adjusted for inflation.)

WTI crude oil price
below $20 - through the 80's
$41 - spike in 1990
below $20 - the majority of the '90's

$32 - Bush takes office
4 - # of weeks above $50 during first term:
(The month of October preceding the 2004 election)

$47 - beginning of second term
196 of 208/ 94% - # of weeks above $50 during second term
64 of 208/ 31% - # of weeks above $75 during second term
30 of 208/ 14% - # of weeks above $100 during second term

(Of the 12 weeks in which the weekly price was below $50, four were the first weeks of Bush's second term, then once in mid-May 2005. Oil would not be below $50/barrel until the last seven weeks of Bush's administration, from Dec. 2008 through Jan. 2009. The week before Obama took office had the second lowest crude oil prices since February 2004.)

$38.57 - Obama takes office
118 of 128/ 92% - # of weeks above $50
73 of 128/ 57% - # of weeks above $75
12 of 128/ 9% - # of weeks above $100

(The five weeks before Obama's inauguration were the only weeks the average price was below $44 in Bush's second term. The 10 weeks below $50 were in the first 14 weeks of Obama's administration. Those low prices came from the Great Recession when demand dried up.)

Quarterly average
$50 Q1 2005
$53 Q2 2005
$63 Q3 2005
$60 Q4 2005
$63 Q1 2006
$71 Q2 2006
$70 Q3 2006
$60 Q4 2006
$58 Q1 2007
$65 Q2 2007
$75 Q3 2007
$91 Q4 2007
$98 Q1 2008
$123 Q2 2008
$119 Q3 2008
$60 Q4 2008

$43 Q1 2009 .....BUSH LEFT OFFICE !!! EXACTLY WHAT I SAID
$59 Q2 2009
$68 Q3 2009
$75 Q4 2009
$79 Q1 2010
$78 Q2 2010
$76 Q3 2010
$85 Q4 2010
$93 Q1 2011
$102 Q2 2011........ OBAMA'S MOST RECENT OIL PRICE AND WHY HE RELEASED THE OIL PETROLEUM RESERVES TO BRING DOWN PRICES FOR HIS UPCOMING CAMPGAIN

These are the facts. I call BS.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #32
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

It seems like many have made their point of views here, this thread really got interesting. "We" have absolutely no control over what happens in the oil markets. The only thing you can do is change yourself in this rapidly changing world, we cannot change the system that is in place, yet.
If Obama is going to release some of the oil in the oil reserves then let him do it, we can't stop him. Bush Jr. did the same thing during his administration. It's just a short term fix to a long term problem to create the feel good environment which is probably designed to encourage spending within our overall economy.
When all of the Middle Eastern countries started rioting back a few months ago didn't anyone hear the story that the Saudi King released billions of dollars to give his people money? I did. I'm sure he did so in an attempt to thwart rioting in Saudi Arabia in an attempt to keep the people happy. So what do you do, you give them fiat currency! If that country blew up the price per barrel of oil could be $200 on the global marrkets.
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #33
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Wellendowed: Thanks for one of the more intelligent approaches to this thread............here is my reply.
Whirlaway so by your logic when Obama gets attacked for spending and also for the banks and financial bailouts it would be correct to say that a large portion of that was attributed to Bush?
Also, do you not think the Stimulus plan and bailing out the banks were necessary evil?
Obama is not perfect but I gave him credit for not getting us into a Depression just the same way I gave Reagan credit for fixing Carters fuck up. However, I can't see myself voting for any the GOP candidates- the only one I like is Ron Paul- he's a true conservative that really doesn't follow all the GOP ideology but honestly some of his ideas wouldn't get bi-partisan approval.
Unless you have Bill Gates money I don't see how you can support the GOP agenda: tax breaks to the wealthy and corporations, cutting education and Medicare and you think these Ass clowns should be ruling?
One last thing Whirlaway did you get a tax break under Bush or Obama be honest?
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:33 AM   #34
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPT Savajo View Post
If Obama is going to release some of the oil in the oil reserves then let him do it, we can't stop him. Bush Jr. did the same thing during his administration.
I agree with the earlier remark. If Obama would have refused to relase a small, insiginicant portion of the nation's oil reserves, Whirly and those like him, would be bitching and moaning that he should do so! Obama's actual decision is of little consequence to the Whirly's of the world, they just know they are against it!

Bottom line: Whirly is a whiner! Plain and simple! I look forward to Whirly's next highly partisan rant! I find him to be quite entertaining!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #35
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
be honest?
Have a little compassion! If Whirly were honest, he would occasionally have to agree with Obama! YIKES, that just ain't gonna happen!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:51 AM   #36
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I think I pretty much layed out the agenda I support; what this thread is talking about is what Obama's agenda is....so have at it Wellendowed....tell me what you think Obama's agenda is for America.....

I never said I supported tax cuts/breaks/loop holes for the wealthy.

But I do think the first step is to drastically cut federal spending; then move to the tax code changes once Congress/WH has demonstrated their ability to cut spending..otherwise we will end up with tax increases and no spending cuts....we've been down that road before with Bush I, immigration amnesty under Regan...yada yada....

The cuts are coming, one way or the other....it is destiny. We can't afford the government that Americans are demanding. It's our choice if we want to do it orderly and rationally or look like Greece.

BTW; I never said Obama hasn't provided targeted tax cuts and benefits as part of his larger path to high deficits, more entitlements, larger government, more mandates. We will be paying for Obama's gifts to us for generations with interst payments on the debt he accrues.
Old 07-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #37
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

I don't believe a fricking thing CEOs tell me...so why you would believe the oil industry is beyond me. They had to say they can't manipulate oil prices. Had the CEOs said otherwise they would be covered up to their ass in bad press and lawsuits from every tom, dick and harry around the world...the anti-trust laws of the US prevent them from admitting that they can influence oil prices......I didn't believe the tobacco CEOs and I certainly don't believe the oil CEOs........

Imagine the reaction if Mr. Exxon CEO stood up and swore before Congress saying.."Yes, Rep. Frank, Exxon can manipulate world oil prices, but we don't..." I don't think Barney Frank believed them when they said they can't, why do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
...the cEO's of the big oil companies when they testified- they said that OIL prices are determined by various global factors that they can't control. ..
Old 07-02-2011, 01:58 PM   #38
surcher
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

What happened to gas prices during a presidents time in office is not a direct reflection of his presidency. Speculators are the reason for most of these spikes in prices. However, invading Iraq had a direct impact on the amount of oil taken out of circulation. That was squarely on Dubya and those who pushed that action through. To put the world and NATO's bombing of Lybia and it's affect on gas prices on Obama is ridiculous and so far, not our, or Obama's war. Obama can take some of the blame for how much that action cost, but not what the speculators did in turning what might happen into an immediate spike in prices!
surcher is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:56 PM   #39
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

You can have your opinion but the experts disagree; Libya is a major exporter and the non war is definetly affecting oil prices...here is a reference. If you have an actual reference to support your theory please post it. Otherwise your opinon is just blabber.

http://www.dnewsglobal.com/libyan-wa...ices/3802.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by surcher View Post
What happened to gas prices during a presidents time in office is not a direct reflection of his presidency. Speculators are the reason for most of these spikes in prices. However, invading Iraq had a direct impact on the amount of oil taken out of circulation. That was squarely on Dubya and those who pushed that action through. To put the world and NATO's bombing of Lybia and it's affect on gas prices on Obama is ridiculous and so far, not our, or Obama's war. Obama can take some of the blame for how much that action cost, but not what the speculators did in turning what might happen into an immediate spike in prices!
Old 07-02-2011, 03:50 PM   #40
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
I think I pretty much layed out the agenda I support; what this thread is talking about is what Obama's agenda is....so have at it Wellendowed....tell me what you think Obama's agenda is for America.....

I never said I supported tax cuts/breaks/loop holes for the wealthy.

But I do think the first step is to drastically cut federal spending; then move to the tax code changes once Congress/WH has demonstrated their ability to cut spending..otherwise we will end up with tax increases and no spending cuts....we've been down that road before with Bush I, immigration amnesty under Regan...yada yada....

The cuts are coming, one way or the other....it is destiny. We can't afford the government that Americans are demanding. It's our choice if we want to do it orderly and rationally or look like Greece.

BTW; I never said Obama hasn't provided targeted tax cuts and benefits as part of his larger path to high deficits, more entitlements, larger government, more mandates. We will be paying for Obama's gifts to us for generations with interst payments on the debt he accrues.
Whirlaway I respectively disagree you know this country was fucked up before Obama even thought about running for President and we have been in debt for many years.
I think the idea of trickled down economics have destroyed the middle class. The rich have gotten so much richer under Bush and the middle class is shrinking by the day and the GOP still want to extend Bush tax cuts and give corporations tax breaks. I agree we need to cut spending - including military and we need to tax the rich.
Old 07-02-2011, 03:52 PM   #41
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
You can have your opinion but the experts disagree; Libya is a major exporter and the non war is definetly affecting oil prices...here is a reference. If you have an actual reference to support your theory please post it. Otherwise your opinon is just blabber.

http://www.dnewsglobal.com/libyan-wa...ices/3802.html
Again Whirlaway major misiformaton- here's a more accurate chart:
http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0922041.html

Libya is the 11th world exporter so I wouldn't consider being #11 a major exporter- so I wouldn't say it's a huge problem- also didn't we just a few years ago rebuild ties with Libya because many years ago we had sanctions against Libya so their oil supply wouldn't affect us.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:00 PM   #42
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

There are 114 countries that are oil exporters; so ranking 11th makes them an important exporter IMO. Are you saying that the Libyian non war isn't affecting world oil production and thus prices?

And your non war news.........http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/20...ssions-063011/

Apparently we (the US) is flying 100s of missions over Libya. And btw, we are paying for 60% of the non war costs. Without US military assets and funding Obama's non war would not be waged.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #43
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Quote:
There are 114 countries that are oil exporters; so ranking 11th makes them an important exporter IMO. Are you saying that the Libyian non war isn't affecting world oil production and thus prices?

And your non war news.........http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/20...ssions-063011/

Apparently we (the US) is flying 100s of missions over Libya. And btw, we are paying for 60% of the non war costs. Without US military assets and funding Obama's non war would not be waged.
I wouldn't say it's a major exporter- there are 10 other countries that export more- if they were the #1 or 2 exporter I would then use the word MAJOR but being #11 has affected the oil supply, but remember the conflict would have happened either way- so it defeats your logic.
Also, by your logic Whirlaway should we resume a relationship with Iran an stop our sanctions because they are the #4 producers and # 4 exporters :http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0922041.html and we don't buy a drop from Iran-can you imagine how much the U.S gas price dropped if we purchased oil from Iran. So are all the Presidents who refused to end the sanctions against Iran wrong since they produce far more Oil than Libya.
Also, do you know how much money we wasted in Iraq??? A Fake war that we are still paying for? The Iraqi war cost us anywhere from 600 million(low estimate) to 1 billion TAX PAYER dollars a DAY. Let me repeat that 600 million to 1 bllion tax payer dollars not a week, month, or year but a DAY. http://costofwar.com/en/ boy Whirlaway that's a lot of cheese- think of what could have been spent with that kind of money- all for what? the removal of one man and some fake WMD's???
Old 07-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #44
jhende3
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Im just sitting back waiting for whirlaway's next anti-Obama post to join in. This is getting good with him.
jhende3 is offline   Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #45
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

The Iraq war had bi-partisan support so who are you blaming for the cost? You want me to agree that we flushed a fortune down the drain in Iraq, well, I agree. That doesn't speak to the incompetance of Obama.

I get that you guys love your Obama. I am thinking that the rest of America agrees with me; at least that is what the recent polls are showing. He will be a one term president, just like Carter.

Americans voted him in and they will vote him out. He fooled many in the 2008 campgain, thinking he was going to be a moderate who built concensus. He is still trying to rope a dope the electorate, but it won't work this time around. The reality set in quickly when Pelosi-Reid ran his agenda (and America) into the ground, he put extremists into his administration, ran up unnecessary debt, pushed Obamacare on us in an overnight vote, yada yada.....

We will see in 2012. Meantime, he is playing golf and fiddling, while some in Congress are trying to save this country from drowning in debt.

Did you see Obama's budget he sent to Congress? Even the Democrats couldn't sign on to the spending frenzy he was proposing - the Senate rejected it 97 to 0. Yep, Obama's spending was so gross, even Bernie Sanders couldn't vote for his budget! I had a few girlfriends in my life who would recklessly spend my money; it never last long before I booted their asses out. That's what will happen to Obama.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/1...t-obama-budget

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women