Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 252
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70429
biomed160678
Yssup Rider59989
gman4452940
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47598
pyramider46370
bambino40335
CryptKicker37087
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35420
Mojojo33117

Old 03-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #31
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I don't think that is what the letter from Holder said, CBJ7. Perhaps you could link to it for us.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:50 PM   #32
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
I seriously doubt there could be more than one trapped inside a house or building armed with some sort of explosive device that could level a city block, nah, of course not ... so send in SWAT and arrest them !! That'll do it !! .. and the entire SWAT team is dead meat as soon as they surround the place and start kicking down doors ...

try to grasp the big picture and apply different scenarios to the need for drones that could possibly save american lives ... fuck the terrorists
Try to grasp the BIGGER picture and apply different scenarios where politicians ABUSE the power. That aspect seems to escape you completely.

You paint the grimmest scenario possible to justify giving unlimited powers to a politician. How often has THAT backfired in the history? You bring to mind Santayana's admonition that "those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it".

You are making the EXACT same mistake that torture apologists make when they paint the ticking time bomb scenario to support the position that we must retain the option to torture. Not only do those situations rarely - if ever - occur, but once the power is authorized, the number of scenarios that fit the bill suddenly begins to expand. The next thing you know, you are torturing some guy because he met a Bin Laden associate 18 months ago and won't tell you where the BL associate is. And even though there is no ticking time bomb anywhere in sight, the BL associate MIGHT be planning a ticking time bomb plot at some point in the future. So let's torture NOW just in case it might happen.

So here you are pulling a hidden bomb scenario out of your ass to justify chief executive sanctioned executions without trials.

Let me ask you - if you think the terrorist has a bomb that can flatten the whole building, why do you need the drone and why does Obama have to make the call? If that scenario arose in the past, the police would evacuate surrounding buildings and use a bullhorn (from a 100 yards away) to demand the terrorist come out with his hands up. Why can't we keep doing that?

Are you saying you won't even demand a surrender? Just bomb without warning? Are you SURE nobody innocent is in that building?

Forget about the slippery slope. You've already slid to the bottom.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:55 PM   #33
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Did your work for you, CBJ7. Holder caved to Paul's filibuster. In other words, it worked!

Congratulations, Senator Paul!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM   #34
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
apparently Paul is too dumb to know the rules ... so someone reminded him.

quote;

The spokesman, Jay Carney, told reporters that Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. had sent Mr. Paul a letter saying that the president did not have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American on United States soil who is not engaged in terrorism.

like always, Paul and his teafreaks make mountains out of molehills.

your tiera is on backwards JD ...
That may be what Carney said, but Carney is known to be an idiot. The full text of the body of Holder's letter was "It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: 'Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?' The answer to that question is no."

Observe that there is a BIG fracking one-word difference between what Holder wrote and what you claim Carney said he wrote: "combat" vs. "terrorism".
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #35
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Thanks to Senator Paul, we have moved past this awkward moment. Now the question is, is this another Obama lie? Probably.

Old 03-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #36
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
That may be what Carney said, but Carney is known to be an idiot. The full text of the body of Holder's letter was "It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: 'Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?' The answer to that question is no."

Observe that there is a BIG fracking one-word difference between what Holder wrote and what you claim Carney said he wrote: "combat" vs. "terrorism".

thanks for the clarification .. that brings Pauls stupidity to an entrely different level. Even higher than I thought. No wonder the prez wouldnt answer the stupid ass question.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #37
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

And the CIA is in capable hands...
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #38
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
And the CIA is in capable hands...
Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #39
Sidewinder
Lifetime Premium Access

Ceej, I don't agree with you.

Originally, Sen. Paul asked a straightforward question. Holder hemmed and hawed and very carefully avoided giving a simple, straight answer. The answer that Holder originally gave very explicitly did NOT say that Obama could not order a drone attack against a US citizen on American soil.

Sen. Paul expanded on his question. Holder, and Obama, stonewalled. Sen. Paul raised the stakes, considerably. Obama and Holder finally gave in, and answered the second question.

The thing that bothers me is this: Why was it so difficult for Holder to answer the second question? Why did it take a full-on Senate filibuster, a GOOD one, to force his hand?

If I had considerably more clout than I have, I'd be asking Mr. Holder to define "combat", and differentiate it from "terrorism", to make certain that Carney was as mistaken as he usually is.
Sidewinder is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:39 PM   #40
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Hey, Assup! Here's your guy. No wonder you're proud. He hates liberty as much as you do!

Old 03-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #41
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Well I guess your representatives failed you AGAIN, Unaliar!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:06 PM   #42
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I don't even want weaponized drones flying in contiguous US airspace. That includes the border.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #43
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

How about drones without weapons?
Old 03-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #44
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2829358.html

McCain, a former Vietnam prisoner of war, was not impressed.
"I watched some of that, quote, debate, unquote, yesterday," McCain said. "I saw colleagues who know better come to the floor and voice some of this same concern, which is totally unfounded.
"I must say that the use of Jane Fonda's name does evoke certain memories with me, and I must say that she is not my favorite American. But I also believe that, as odious as it was, Ms. Fonda acted within her constitutional rights, and to somehow say that someone who disagrees with American policy -- and even may demonstrate against it -- is somehow a member of an organization which makes that individual an enemy combatant is simply false," McCain said, hitting his lectern for emphasis. "It is simply false."
McCain said it was "ridiculous" and "a stretch of the imagination" to "allege or infer that the President of the United States is going to kill somebody like Jane Fonda, or somebody who disagrees with the policies."
The Wall Street Journal editorial he quoted was even more scathing, declaring, "Give Rand Paul credit for theatrical timing, as a snow storm descended on Washington. The filibuster filled the attention void on Twitter and cable TV. If only his reasoning matched the showmanship."
The editorial also complained that Paul should not be shocked that the United States might kill a citizen by drone strike within its own borders, arguing that the Obama administration is well within its rights to kill enemies of the country, wherever they may be.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #45
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2829358.html

McCain, a former Vietnam prisoner of war, was not impressed.
"I watched some of that, quote, debate, unquote, yesterday," McCain said. "I saw colleagues who know better come to the floor and voice some of this same concern, which is totally unfounded.
"I must say that the use of Jane Fonda's name does evoke certain memories with me, and I must say that she is not my favorite American. But I also believe that, as odious as it was, Ms. Fonda acted within her constitutional rights, and to somehow say that someone who disagrees with American policy -- and even may demonstrate against it -- is somehow a member of an organization which makes that individual an enemy combatant is simply false," McCain said, hitting his lectern for emphasis. "It is simply false."
McCain said it was "ridiculous" and "a stretch of the imagination" to "allege or infer that the President of the United States is going to kill somebody like Jane Fonda, or somebody who disagrees with the policies."
The Wall Street Journal editorial he quoted was even more scathing, declaring, "Give Rand Paul credit for theatrical timing, as a snow storm descended on Washington. The filibuster filled the attention void on Twitter and cable TV. If only his reasoning matched the showmanship."
The editorial also complained that Paul should not be shocked that the United States might kill a citizen by drone strike within its own borders, arguing that the Obama administration is well within its rights to kill enemies of the country, wherever they may be.
McCain is done. So are others.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women