Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160612
Yssup Rider59951
gman4452936
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47573
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35403
Mojojo33117

Old 08-07-2015, 01:56 PM   #31
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I understand that you're a little light in the loafers and now we know that you're a little light in history. The Japanese were finished....really? The Japanese were finished on Okinawa and they cost us plenty of lives and almost all of theirs to take the island. Finished? The Imperial Army didn't see that way. They tried to kidnap their own emperor to keep him from entertaining the idea of surrender. No Virginia, the Japanese were NOT finished. They were beaten but they were not finished.
I've read this post three times and other than the light in the loafers comment (no personal knowledge), I am utterly astonished to say that I agree with every word.

The Japanese Army was ready to do the same thing in defense of the home islands that they had done on almost every island invaded by the US....engage in a no-quarter asked, none given fight to the finish with US forces. An invasion of Japan would have resulted in hundreds of thousands of US casualties. And, as somebody else noted, once you've spent a billion dollars developing a new weapon, you're damn sure going to use it if it is going to prevent those types of casualties. Can you imagine the outrage of the American people if the invasion had occurred and a couple of hundred thousand Americans were killed and wounded.....only to find out we had this weapon and didn't use it? It didn't hurt to let the Russians know who they would be fucking with if push came to shove as well.

I'll say what I always say about the WW2 Pacific Theater of Operations: They started it. We ended it.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:04 PM   #32
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by WombRaider View Post
No matter how many innocent lives it takes, right.
There are no innocent lives in a declared war. The person who is manufacturing the ball bearings and the bullets for a Country's military are just as culpable as the soldier in the field.

Whether we like it not, (we don't read this in History Books), the policy of the United States in mid 1944 and on became, to paraphrase...."we will kill every last German and Japanese on the Planet if that what it takes".

Our actions prove this out.

I suppose WW-2 has been far enough in the past so that the revisionist can take over. But for all of the revision, one thing is sure. We won that War. And in the end, Japan and Germany became the great, and free, Countries that they are today.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:15 PM   #33
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Not only are we the only nation on earth to unleash nuclear hell on another nation (I'm not saying it was unjustified back then), but also in doing so, helped create Japan's greatest legend...

Ahhhh, look...... GOZIWA!!!!!
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:18 PM   #34
lustylad
BANNED

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post

I've read this post three times and other than the light in the loafers comment (no personal knowledge), I am utterly astonished to say that I agree with every word.

The Japanese Army was ready to do the same thing in defense of the home islands that they had done on almost every island invaded by the US....engage in a no-quarter asked, none given fight to the finish with US forces. An invasion of Japan would have resulted in hundreds of thousands of US casualties. And, as somebody else noted, once you've spent a billion dollars developing a new weapon, you're damn sure going to use it if it is going to prevent those types of casualties. Can you imagine the outrage of the American people if the invasion had occurred and a couple of hundred thousand Americans were killed and wounded.....only to find out we had this weapon and didn't use it? It didn't hurt to let the Russians know who they would be fucking with if push came to shove as well.

I'll say what I always say about the WW2 Pacific Theater of Operations: They started it. We ended it.

Kudos to timmy! Not afraid to break ranks with the other knee-jerk talking-point libtards here! Not for the first time either!

lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #35
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:

I, too, salute you for not towing the liberal line like the rest of these revisionists on here. I salute you for your honesty and courage to say it.
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:46 PM   #36
southtown4488
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

http://www.nytimes.com/1995/07/30/bo...o-drop-it.html
southtown4488 is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #37
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Of course you haven't. And you won't. As usual, you missed the entire goddamn point. It's not about being ashamed or feeling regret. The japanese were done. The reason we dropped the bomb was to let the USSR know we had it and weren't afraid to use it. The japanese people paid the price for that demonstration.
You are really a puzzling poster. You sometimes support the "correct" side of arguments on here, but too often you dump so much BS on top of it that you can make the right argument look dumb.

The Japanese were not done. There were far better ways to "show the Russians" if that was the intent, and there was no logical reason to do so.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:52 PM   #38
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
There are no innocent lives in a declared war. The person who is manufacturing the ball bearings and the bullets for a Country's military are just as culpable as the soldier in the field.

Whether we like it not, (we don't read this in History Books), the policy of the United States in mid 1944 and on became, to paraphrase...."we will kill every last German and Japanese on the Planet if that what it takes".

I suppose WW-2 has been far enough in the past so that the revisionist can take over. But for all of the revision, one thing is sure. We won that War. And in the end, Japan and Germany became the great, and free, Countries that they are today.
You could make the case they're both better off than we are. Ironic.
WombRaider is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 02:53 PM   #39
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Lengua View Post
I, too, salute you for not towing the liberal line like the rest of these revisionists on here. I salute you for your honesty and courage to say it.
Have you ever toed anything but the conservative line? Not too brave yourself, are you?
Old 08-07-2015, 02:58 PM   #40
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Kudos to timmy! Not afraid to break ranks with the other knee-jerk talking-point libtards here! Not for the first time either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey Lengua View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
You are really a puzzling poster. You sometimes support the "correct" side of arguments on here, but too often you dump so much BS on top of it that you can make the right argument look dumb.

The Japanese were not done. There were far better ways to "show the Russians" if that was the intent, and there was no logical reason to do so.
So I'm guessing you all know better than Leahy, the SENIOR-most officer on active duty during WW2. A major part of decisions made throughout the war and Chief of Staff. You are all saying that you know more than he did and the short truth of it is, you don't. This is not revisionist history. This is the opinion of someone who would have the unique position of knowing more than just about anyone else on the subject. But you group of mongers know better. Bullshit. Be honest and admit, you don't know better than he did. You don't have access to what he had access to. You weren't there. I'll take his word over any of yours on the subject.

In his memoirs, Admiral William D Leahy, the President’s chief of staff and the top official at meetings of American and British chiefs of staff, minced few words, writing: “The use of this barbarous weapon at Hiroshima and Nagasaki was of no material assistance in our war against Japan. The Japanese were already defeated and ready to surrender.”
Old 08-07-2015, 03:06 PM   #41
Rey Lengua
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Have you ever toed anything but the conservative line? Not too brave yourself, are you?
I sure as HELL won't be spewing any of the dreck that you lying liberals say is YOUR version of the "truth" if that's what your hoping for woomby. I have the courage of my convictions woomby. Just like your "convictions" to expand your 'holes franchises, keep getting those "ropey loads" and keep getting your fudge packed ! And who are you to talk about another persons bravery ya swishy walking fag ? You STILL haven't answered the simple question of how much time you've spent in the military in the service " to " your country. And marching in the gay pride parades in your rainbow thong with yur rainbow feather boa does NOT constitute service to your country, woomby. So we can take it that a puto mojado sin papeles tried to get in before
" Don't ask, Don't tell" and was REJECTED ? You sure do get rejected a lot in your miserable life woomby !!
Rey Lengua is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #42
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Japanese Emperor Hirohito’s World War II surrender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiGtQ8mu1qc
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:14 PM   #43
Old-T
Valued Poster

WR, Nothing as complex as a world war has a single interpretation of reality. As has been pointed out here, there were others who were of comparable stature who viewed it quite differently. Start with MacArthur and add Truman and many others. To say that by August 1945 the eventual outcome of the war was set is one thing. That is far different from saying it would be remotely bloodless, or that the Japanese were powerless.

That is the basic problem with most the treads on here--posters selectively accept one piece of a quote and ignore others. Accept one fact, often out of context, and disregard any others that do not support the reality they want. You--just as much as IB or gnadfly, or the other RWWs--think the universe is black and white when in reality is is multiple shades of gray.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #44
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 04:28 PM   #45
WombRaider
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
WR, Nothing as complex as a world war has a single interpretation of reality. As has been pointed out here, there were others who were of comparable stature who viewed it quite differently. Start with MacArthur and add Truman and many others. To say that by August 1945 the eventual outcome of the war was set is one thing. That is far different from saying it would be remotely bloodless, or that the Japanese were powerless.

That is the basic problem with most the treads on here--posters selectively accept one piece of a quote and ignore others. Accept one fact, often out of context, and disregard any others that do not support the reality they want. You--just as much as IB or gnadfly, or the other RWWs--think the universe is black and white when in reality is is multiple shades of gray.
I readily accept the world exists in multiple shades of grey. That very fact allows me to posit this thought; did you ever stop and think that those who extolled the virtues of dropping the bomb were not disclosing their true personal feelings? Perhaps they felt they were not in a position to say anything different. People in positions of power, even now, are not at liberty to present their true feelings on a certain subject and so they say what is expected. Do we think that phenomenon just started last week? This is the problem with people like IB, they do not understand nuance and therefore are locked into the words that someone said, unable to understand WHY they might have said them.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women