Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70445
biomed160801
Yssup Rider60160
gman4452959
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47654
pyramider46370
bambino40387
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35527
Mojojo33117

Old 02-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #31
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

It was awesome. We have known each other for a long time and she new it would be cool with me.

Never bought a drink for a guy? I can understand that, for most guys it just send the "all systems go."

Buying drinks for a lady takes a bit of style. If she is out with the gals, always buy a round for the entire table. When they look your way, make brief eye contact with the one you are interested in, smile, nod or raise your own glass slightly. Then, do nothing, go back to chatting with your friends. Play coy.

Let her make the next move, either thanking you for the drink or sending one in return. If neither happens, she is not interested.
BigMikeinKC is offline   Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #32
SFviii
Adriana’s BFE/fluffer

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikeinKC View Post
Buying drinks for a lady takes a bit of style. If she is out with the gals, always buy a round for the entire table. When they look your way, make brief eye contact with the one you are interested in, smile, nod or raise your own glass slightly. Then, do nothing, go back to chatting with your friends. Play coy.

Let her make the next move, either thanking you for the drink or sending one in return. If neither happens, she is not interested.
It sounds oddly familiar to an excerpt of "How to pick up chicks in a bar 101."

SF8
SFviii is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:04 AM   #33
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootfighter08 View Post
It sounds oddly familiar to an excerpt of "How to pick up chicks in a bar 101."

SF8
Hmm, I've never read those type of books, always more of a freelancer myself. Closet I came was reading "Our Bodies, Ourselves" that an old GF had. Gave a 19 yr old kid some insight.

But, hey, i don't judge. If you need to read pick-up books to get laid, hope it worked for you.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #34
BottomlessFilth
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 7206
Encounters: 1

Quote:
Hmm, I've never read those type of books, always more of a freelancer myself. Closet I came was reading "Our Bodies, Ourselves" that an old GF had. Gave a 19 yr old kid some insight.

But, hey, i don't judge. If you need to read pick-up books to get laid, hope it worked for you.
Hey at least they are reading. Always good to keep the mind filled with new information. I have never known anyone to say "You read too many books" like they say about watching television. No book is a bad book, just some more interesting and enjoyable to us than others.

I have always been a fan of the guy that comes over to our group and says, "Hey my friends and I were going to do a shot. You girls want to join us." Then we say "Oh that's okay, but thank you so much for asking." Then he says, "Oh come on. One shot won't kill you." We look at each other, and agree to do the shot. After the shots are thrown down, we thank them and then its always amusing to sit back and watch how they begin to feel us out (not "up" LOL) and make their moves accordingly. I like the group shot offer as it poses no real threats that can be sensed from a guy who buys an individual girl a drink, knowing that his only mission is to have her naked in his bed in a few hours LOL.
BottomlessFilth is offline   Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:03 PM   #35
SFviii
Adriana’s BFE/fluffer

Quote:

There's no such things as a pick-up book if that is your thought process. It was a joke in reference to an article in playboy that said the same thing you said. Not original! But hey, I don't judge either.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:29 AM   #36
alalvin
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2

This would be a good thread for some provider input. I know I have come across dancers outside of the work place that I didn't acknowledge but they still said "Hello" to me in public. I respond it back and held a little chit chat with them.
alalvin is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:39 AM   #37
BiggestBest
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alalvin View Post
This would be a good thread for some provider input. I know I have come across dancers outside of the work place that I didn't acknowledge but they still said "Hello" to me in public.
You've raised an interesting question. I get the impression that MOST of the friends of the average dancer know what they do. And MOST of the friends of the average provider don't know. I have no facts to back that impression.

Ladies?
BiggestBest is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 06:32 AM   #38
Starry69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

I met a provider I've seen several times at movie theater several years ago. She looked kind of startled to see me and then made it clear she didn't want to talk so I just went my way.

I would say it's best to leave it up to the provider. If she wants to be friendly then have a conversation, if not that's OK too.
Starry69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:43 AM   #39
BigMikeinKC
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shootfighter08 View Post
There's no such things as a pick-up book if that is your thought process. It was a joke in reference to an article in playboy that said the same thing you said. Not original! But hey, I don't judge either.
Thanks for letting me know it was in Playboy. Those bastards owe me some money for using my intelligical property since 1979.

You think I stole the info from Playboy, I don't think I did. I will give you that perhaps it could have been sibliminal if the article was published before 1995. I stopped reading Playboy when the models were now old enough to be my daughter, because one never knows where there seeds may have been sown.

Either way, I don't think anyone else on the board cares and I don't think a pissing contest is need about it. So let's just put it to rest.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:59 PM   #40
SFviii
Adriana’s BFE/fluffer

Quote:
Thanks for letting me know it was in Playboy. Those bastards owe me some money for using my intelligical property since 1979.

You think I stole the info from Playboy, I don't think I did. I will give you that perhaps it could have been sibliminal if the article was published before 1995. I stopped reading Playboy when the models were now old enough to be my daughter, because one never knows where there seeds may have been sown.

Either way, I don't think anyone else on the board cares and I don't think a pissing contest is need about it. So let's just put it to rest.
Rest???? I totally agree that you should litigate those bastards for millions for intelectual piracy. LOL!

I never said you stole anything...it was just uncanny that your words were similar in which I assumed you were quoting that Playboy article ('86). But you didn't...so yes, let's move on and happy hobbying.

SF8
Old 02-27-2010, 08:45 AM   #41
fjensen
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 6
Default buying drinks

But before we get there, one last word on Playboy and intellectual property theft. Playboy gets their "articles", which of course is all we ever want from Playboy, from many different correspondents. Perhaps someone at one point caught the "pick up" lines of Big Mike back in the early 80's. Who knows, or cares. Those of us old enough to remember the old Playboy Clubs no doubt have daughters, both known and unknown, that could have given birth to today's Playmate centerfolds.

Just in the last year, on 3 separate occasions, I've had strippers buy ME a drink. Personally, I applaud the marketing strategy and hope it continues to become a national trend.
fjensen is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:07 PM   #42
Omahan
Secretary of State

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry69 View Post
I met a provider I've seen several times at movie theater several years ago. She looked kind of startled to see me and then made it clear she didn't want to talk so I just went my way.

I would say it's best to leave it up to the provider. If she wants to be friendly then have a conversation, if not that's OK too.

I think you are somewhat on the right track but it's best to leave it up to the provider is not right IMO. What about the client's need for discretion? He has a right to decide too. It is probably better to just avoid contact unless you know each other well enough to know it's OK.
Omahan is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:20 PM   #43
Starry69
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahan View Post
I think you are somewhat on the right track but it's best to leave it up to the provider is not right IMO. What about the client's need for discretion? He has a right to decide too. It is probably better to just avoid contact unless you know each other well enough to know it's OK.
For sure, I guess I took that for granted. If either person looks uncomfortable it's best to just pass by.

I was thinking that even if you were with your SO, your mom, or whoever, just saying hi to somebody is pretty natural. It could be a lady you work with, a friends sister, or whatever. You just got to shrug off the first reaction of surprise.

You probably don't need to tell your Mom that this lady gives the best BBBJ you've ever had!
Starry69 is offline   Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:19 PM   #44
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

Funny, it just happened to me yesterday. I was in the gas station, and a provider walked in. I knew her apartment/incall was very close by, and I wasn't sure if she wanted her real life and hobby world to collide (she may go in this station all the time). So, I just hung out looking at junk food until she left.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:41 AM   #45
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I guess I have an advantage over some by being single. I'm not that embarrassed by any extracurricular activities that I engage in though I do understand professional concerns. I would love the opportunity to talk to some of my providers in the off hours. I am curious about them and hope that they would be willing to talk that or anything else. That is one of my pastimes; learning about other people through conversation. When I lived in New London, CT I found that I lived in the street walker zone just off the main drag. Not a bad neighborhood by any means but was just the place that the action happened. I met a few SWs on the job and they knew where I lived. At times they came by to get off their feet or out of the cold. Once in a great while we would conduct business but mostly it was just conversation.
john_galt is offline   Quote