Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453029
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47751
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 11-30-2023, 01:02 PM   #31
chizzy
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
I'm embarrassed for YOU, tommy.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you ever studied economics at a college or graduate level, did you?

Your dismissal of Biden's ownership of inflation is incredibly flippant, superficial and ignorant.

Inflation is BOTH "a global issue" and a domestic (home grown) issue. If it was entirely global, there would be no differences in inflation rates around the globe, right? Why do think inflation is so much higher in Haiti (your example) and lower in the countries chizzy mentioned? It's because different countries pursue different economic policies! And those policies are chosen and implemented by the powers-that-be in each country!

Here is a partial list of the government policy tools affecting the economy in general and inflation in particular:

Fiscal policy (tax & spend)
Monetary policy (interest rates)
Trade and tariff policy
Energy policy
Regulatory policies
Exchange rate policy
Etc.

I could go on, but it would be embarrassing for you. Literally hundreds of policy decisions made by the federal government directly impact our rate of inflation. Some raise it, others lower it.

Anyone who shrugs inflation off as "a global issue" and fails to hold the Biden administration responsible for the impact of its own policy decisions on the rate at which the purchasing power of the US dollar is eroding is truly not playing with a full deck.
U might as well .forget it Lusby. Getting him to see the reasoning would be like getting rmg to make a post without any cuss words
Old 11-30-2023, 02:56 PM   #32
Smarty1
Premium Access

Encounters: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
Prices will be coming back down, to mirror inflation. There's always a lag with these things. The prices being bandied about here are from the 8-9% inflation days. Two or three months from now, they will be lower.
I’m not sure you are understanding the math here. Prices are NOT coming down right now; they are going up. The rate of increase has slowed. Year over year inflation is still around 3%, which means prices now are about 3% higher than at this time last year.

This is a smaller increase than the 8% year over year that was prevalent previously. That is why it is true that inflation is down. But unless there is deflation (I.e. a negative inflation rate) prices will not decline

The term “prices” here refers to the price of some hypothetical aggregate of goods and services; individual prices (such as gas prices) are subject to idiosyncratic market forces and may decline even as overall prices go up. In actual fact, generalized deflation is even more economically devastating than inflation. Consumers, expecting prices to drop, rationally postpone purchases. This leads to a reduction in demand, and therefore an overall decline in economic production — a recession. Persistent decline in demand leads to further price drops and a self-reinforcing cycle of economic contraction, much like the economic conditions of the 1930s.

Hopefully inflation declines further, but hopefully prices stabilize without dropping
Old 11-30-2023, 02:58 PM   #33
tommy156
BANNED

Encounters: 11

Prices were going up for everyone in the world, regardless. And inflation has been reduced greatly here over the past year, because of our country's economic policies. Biden didn't cause 9% inflation, and he's dealt with it rather well. It's been reduced by 67% over the past 12 months.

But go ahead and keep acting like mean ol' Joe Biden hates you and wants you to suffer. It's easier than facing the truth about your guy and the real, actual state of the union.
Old 11-30-2023, 03:27 PM   #34
Dr-epg

Encounters: 45

Let’s get the train back on the tracks. Thread is about freedom speech not the economy
Old 11-30-2023, 08:31 PM   #35
mtnitlion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustylad View Post
Yes, it certainly IS embarrassing.

The US national average gas price is NOT "back down to where it was when trump left office."

On Jan. 20, 2021 it was $2.38 a gallon. Currently it's $3.24.

That's 36% higher.

Look, I don't obsess over the fucking gas price. But I do get annoyed at the way you play fast & loose with the numbers.

Here's my data source proving you're wrong:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/GASREGW

(And before you mention it - I will concede the meme I used in post #6 is over a year old and the data for inflation/gas prices are not fully up to date.)
Those were Covid prices my friend
Old 11-30-2023, 08:33 PM   #36
mtnitlion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

The thread was about republicans and democrats.

This all should fit
Old 11-30-2023, 09:13 PM   #37
Dr-epg

Encounters: 45

Thread is off topic

Closed
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women