Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70453
biomed160837
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452973
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47668
pyramider46370
bambino40403
CryptKicker37103
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35578
Mojojo33117

Old 08-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #31
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
Yes, the government is too big. The problem with the TP simpletons (and yes, that is what they are) is they are for the most part far too simplistic in their thinking.

One local one--reading right from the script of the day--said at a local meeting, "All we really need to spend taxes on are the military and social security". That's exactly the kind of simplistic foolishness that comes out of the TP.

Add this to their livid insistance that "no new taxes" now is the same as "don't close any tax loopholes".

If I were overweight (which sadly I am) and decided to lose 20 lbs, one option that would seem simple is to cut off a leg. It weighs even more than 20 lbs, so I'd get the job done quickly with a little extra to boot! THAT is the dietary equivalent of most TP "thinkers". It took us decades of bad decisions to get where we are, and I do not see the TP legislators (nor the far end of the liberal block) seriously wanting to look at how to get out of it SANELY.

Sceraming to cut government is the easy part.
Well, then I guess I'm simpler than the "simpletons" because I think SS needs to be ended. The Constitution was written in such a way that anyone who is literate can understand it. . . it takes somewhat more "sophistication" usually along with a law degree to bend, distrot and subvert it.

The duties and powers of the federal government are very few, and very well defined, it is, actually a very simple concept. The job description is what it is and needs to be followed. Granted, some parts may be obscured by the streaks left when FDR wiped his elite ass with it.

Regards,
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #32
akito237
Registered Member

Encounters: 5

"If the picture of us were true of course our inability to solve problems would actually be quite sane and reasonable. Why would you work with Marxists actively subverting our Constitution or racists and homophobes who see no one’s humanity but their own? We hear every damn day about how fragile our country is—on the brink of catastrophe—torn by polarizing hate and how it’s a shame that we can’t work together to get things done, but the truth is we do. We work together to get things done every damn day!

The only place we don’t is here or on cable TV. But Americans don’t live here or on cable TV. Where we live our values and principles form the foundation that sustains us while we get things done not the barriers that prevent us from getting things done. Most Americans don’t live their lives solely as Democrats, Republicans, Liberals or Conservatives. Americans live their lives more as people that are just a little bit late for something they have to do—often something that they do not want to do—butthey do it. Impossible things every day that are only made possible by the little reasonable compromises that we all make."

That was from John Stewart's closing statements at the Rally to Restore Sanity. Pretty prescient, in my opinion. Compromise starts by admitting that the guy across the aisle is NOT a monster, but a human being with ideas that we may or may not agree on. As long as we insist on demonizing the "other side", our Representatives will believe that's how we want our government run. Take off the blinders and start opening your mind to the possibility that just because a person is "Republican", "Democrat", or "Tea Partier" doesn't mean that they purposefully WANT to destroy our way of life.
akito237 is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #33
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Yerassman, I flat disagree. Again, there are many, many more representatives than the sixty or so Teapartiers.
I don’t want Obama in office either. I want out of Iraq. I want our jobs back. I want taxes to go up on EVERYONE. I want real and immediate spending cuts. I want people to go back to the middle. I want extremists to sit on the fringes where they belong. These are the things I want.

What I don’t want are people to throw wingnuts and other pejoratives around the keep us entertained amongst the scraps whilst the bi-polar politicians in Washington enjoy their free passes to meander down along their path to re-election regardless of the consequences on the citizenry. They are ALL to blame.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 12:32 PM   #34
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Olivia

Very Well Said.

There is a lot of talk, even among conservatives, about "means testing" Social Security, that is, you only get it if you really need it. I was planning on starting to draw mine in a little over a year, even though, as they say, "I don't need it".

Of course, that means I paid in damned near the max for my entire adult life so some one else will get it, and I will continue to pay in, even at 64 years old, because I continue to work.

Mr Ponzi is somewhere, smiling.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #35
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
I want extremists to sit on the fringes where they belong. These are the things I want.
Where do the birthers fit in that?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:51 PM   #36
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Stevie View Post
The market just had the second worst point drop in history 633 points on Monday compared to the 684 points lost when the market opened for the first time four business days after the 9-11 Terrorist attacks. Add the 512 points it lost last Friday and you see just what is creating havoc, gridlock and contentiousness just to hurt the President is what Standard and Poors called it..

Nice job, Tea Terrorists and orchestrators of the fake debt crisis.

Isn't it surprising that Tea Terrorists are willing to hurt the country this badly just to try to beat Obama in 2012?

Racist morons!

Crawl back into your fact- starved cave Whirlaway, ringleader of the idiots!

You come in here and defecate by quoting an oxycontin addict who rolled over on the maid he used to get the painkillers he abused to ruin his hearing and YOU are QUOTING him with your poor grammar? LMFAO!

We have a Level 10 Moron Alert!
You know Stevie your pointing the finger at the Tea Party, blaming them for this mess in the market meltdown. You should realize that this mess was caused by Democrats and Republicans! I would refer to both organizations as crime families, the D.C. Cartels! Thats how "they" should be referred to. The same people time and time again are pulling the levers up there. Organized crime families that have names such as the Bush's and Clintons. Lets not forget that Washington has also been hijacked by Wall St.
You need to realize that it was gridlock by both parties, it was "both parties" inabilities to come to a decision in a timely manner. Both parties up there are playing games with every Americans livelihood. Those bastards have all the time off in the world and they wait until the last fucking minute to come up with a deal. If you ask me who should be pissed off, it should be the American people! The middle class, the poor, people who lost large amounts of money in their 401k's (a govt plan by the way).
Obama has lost people within his own party and he knows that. The Tea Party is the start of a new Revolution in America. Americans want a third and a fourth political party besides the Democrats and Republicans. America is catching on to these clowns, meaning the D.C. Cartels, they are not getting the job done. Americans want a new way in this country. They realize that if you keep voting in the same bastards, nothing gets done.
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #37
TexanAtPlay
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Quote:
The market just had the second worst point drop in history 633 points on Monday compared to the 684 points lost when the market opened for the first time four business days after the 9-11 Terrorist attacks. Add the 512 points it lost last Friday and you see just what is creating havoc, gridlock and contentiousness just to hurt the President is what Standard and Poors called it..

Nice job, Tea Terrorists and orchestrators of the fake debt crisis.

Isn't it surprising that Tea Terrorists are willing to hurt the country this badly just to try to beat Obama in 2012?

Racist morons!

Crawl back into your fact- starved cave Whirlaway, ringleader of the idiots!

You come in here and defecate by quoting an oxycontin addict who rolled over on the maid he used to get the painkillers he abused to ruin his hearing and YOU are QUOTING him with your poor grammar? LMFAO!

We have a Level 10 Moron Alert!
Wow.
What a bitter Marxist we have here!
Even managed TWO DNC-Sponsored redefinitions.

"Terrorists"
"Racist"

If to be a terrorist you merely insist that the Government of the United States spend no more than it collects -- the bedrock of sound fiscal policy -- something a "progressive" wouldn't dream to understand, then sign me up as a "Terrorist".

If to be a racist, you believe the the Neo-President Barack Hussein Obama is even WORSE than Jimmy Carter...which is the only criteria specified by the cackling Marxists out there, then sign me up as a "racist" too.

"Fake Debt Crisis"....oh, so all of those T-Bills and all of the redistributed wealth doesn't exist huh? If so, then why don't you tell Little Timmy to just stiff the Chinese...I mean according to you the debt is FAKE, much like OJ Simpson's Moon Landing...

Beat Obama? I will settle for nothing less than his IMPEACHMENT in disgrace for his CRIMINAL handling of economic matters.

And you dare speak of poor grammar? What do you call "LMFAO"? Queen's English?

The country isn't big enough for the both of us. I propose we secede and leave this cesspool, known as the Soviet People Republic of Amerika. The former nation that was in it's place no longer exists. We'll take our oil and plentiful jobs (in Texas) with us and reform the Republic. We don't need the lazy and incompetent in the Republic of Texas.
TexanAtPlay is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #38
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Blaming the TEA party is like blaming Toto for pulling back the curtain to expose the Wizard.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #39
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Blaming the TEA party is like blaming Toto for pulling back the curtain to expose the Wizard.
Yep that’s about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Where do the birthers fit in that?

He finally showed his birth certificate. Wasn’t as hard as he made it out to be I’m sure.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 07:29 PM   #40
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Yep that’s about it.
Clever analogy. Doesn't make it true.

While there's plenty of blame to go around, it's the tea party who held the gun and it's the tea party who pulled the trigger.

Quote:
He finally showed his birth certificate.

Yeah, years ago.

Quote:
Wasn’t as hard as he made it out to be I’m sure.

And it wasn't as necessary as the birthers made it out to be.

Nevertheless, it seems you're a little more forgiving of fringe groups you agree with.

Doove is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #41
Jdriller
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

As I recall, up until the last election President Obama had a majority of demos in both the House and the Senate. Nothing prevented him from exhibiting the leadership required to get the House and Sentate to propose and pass a budget that would have totally prevented the fiasco of the Debit problem from ever occuring. Except that President Obama failed to exercise any leadership in getting a budget passed or raising the Debit ceiling while he had the power and control of the House and Sentate to do so.
He was too busy railroading a health care bill through Congress over the objections of the majority of Americans. Most of the people in Congress who voted for that bill had no idea what was in it and Pelosi said when asked said we will find out what's in after we pass it. The costs of that bill are enormous and still not really known. The election last November changed things up. President Obama was obviously surprised by the overwhelming response of the American people who elected a great many conservative Republicans who listened to the Tea Party and as promised when they ran for election attempted to get their promises to limit government spending and taxation. I don't object to paying taxes. I don't even object to paying more taxes, if everyone gets to participate in paying taxes. It is ridiculous that half of working Americans pay NO TAXES, and many who do pay taxes, get it all back Plus several thousand more than they paid in. Everybody who works should pay some tax. Even if it is minimal, say 2% to 4%. If they would reform the tax code, close loopholes for corporations (especially those that move their factories overseas and close their factories in the US) and raise taxes for everyone, (even make the 50% who don't pay taxes pay something) and at the same time cut spending over the next 10 years by about 8 trillion dollars.... and pass a balanced budget amendment (48 States are required to have a balanced budget by law) then we would be on the road to turning this country around. Dispite the ramblings of a few liberals the majority of Americans must feel that the government under President Obama is headed the wrong way. Why else would so many incumbant Congressmen and Senators have been voted out of office last November? Obama lost the House majority and almost lost the Senate majority in what was one the most dramatic reversals in US history. The new Congress, greatly influenced by the Tea Party are attempting to do the job the American people has asked them to do. Trillions of dollars have been spent to stimulate the ecomony, and creat jobs. Ain't working. Most of the jobs created were government jobs, or temporary jobs. Unemployment is still above 9% (if you count those still looking who have not given up and more like 15% or more if you count all those who would like to work but can't find jobs). People are graduating from college with major debts in student loans who can not find work and who are about to default on student loans by the millions (that could create another major financial disaster soon). Maybe instead of throwing trillions of dollars away on programs that don't work...maybe we should have a tax credit program for small business' that hire new employees whereby the first $20,000 paid to the new employee are a tax credit for the business. Think companies would hire people if the government credited the first 20K? That would cost a lot of money to do, but not as much as we already spent, and all of it would go directly to getting people back to work!
Jdriller is offline   Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:20 PM   #42
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Clever analogy. Doesn't make it true.

While there's plenty of blame to go around, it's the tea party who held the gun and it's the tea party who pulled the trigger.
What trigger was that? A debt ceiling deal albeit crappy one was done. I don't think a lot of people associated with the TEA party actually voted for what was passed. Some did, but it was "bi-partisan."
Old 08-11-2011, 10:17 PM   #43
Little Stevie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26

Blanket Moron warning!

The fucking Tea Terrorists TIED the historically uncontested debt ceiling bill to a balanced budget/deficit reduction bill. THAT is what caused the crash, IDIOTS. Go back and read the report and watch the interviews. All the rest of the reasons could have been averted by separating the legislation and passing a clean debt ceiling hike.

It was simple blackmail/kidnapping/hostage-taking by the Tea Terrorists in digging in their heels and saying "our way or the highway or we'll shut down the government".

The problem YOU MORONS don't get is that the two bills, debated separately, could have made progress toward where we all want to go AND averted the market crash.

You charlatans squeal about a balanced budget and too big a debt and yet YOUR HEROES REFUSED to allow the cessation of the Bush Tax Cuts EVEN if that revenue were applied DIRECTLY to debt reduction! That means you are lying about wanting debt reduction.

I'm sick of people who cannot connect the dots. Go back to listening to Rush and Fox!

The oxycontin addict who heads the Tea Terrorist and Republican parties sounds like a walrus trying to talk underwater. You stupid people follow an addict who took so many painkillers he ruined his hearing and thus his speech. I'm sure you'll still be following his moronic and unintelligible rants for as long as he is garbling his speech. You'll probably even continue to watch him when he goes to 'signing' all of his telecasts and having someone read his radio shit.

Then you dullards come in here and defend his cr@p.

And some guy who can't spell Oregon even when he cuts and pastes an article about Oregon keeps posting copied pieces in thread after thread. What a brain! All his points seem to collapse under the weight of even the slightest scrutiny but he makes up for facts, accuracy and truth with VOLUME.

You absolutely DESERVE the way you are trying to cause Obama to fail by ruining the country! Instead of being TEAM PLAYERS in hard times, you want division and you want it at the peril of this country.
Little Stevie is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #44
yaddayadda
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

If we disagree with Obama we are idiots and not "team players".......Where was the "Team" when Bush was in office? I bet you were supporting the Team then weren't your Stevie?

The 50% that don't pay taxes want the 50% that do pay taxes to pay more taxes. Seems kinda simple to me....my answer is F - you! You can't have any more of my money...I give enough. What your pushing ain't working.
yaddayadda is offline   Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #45
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
And some guy who can't spell Oregon even when he cuts and pastes an article about Oregon keeps posting copied pieces in thread after thread.
Does he spell it Whoregone? If he spells it that way, that's pretty clever.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women