Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59937
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47555
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 12-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #31
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Allowing teachers (and others) to carry on school campus is NONE of the federal government's business.

Let each state decide that issue for itself !
Why not carry that even further, let each campus decide.

Hell let each person decide if they want to carry a gun onto campus.

Arm the kids!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:16 AM   #32
LittleMiss
Account Disabled

User ID: 22398
My ECCIE Reviews

The only thing will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun, IMO. The recent mall shooting only ended where it did because a civilian took cover, held his fire and waited for a clear shot. He didnt need it. When the gunman realized he was cornered he retreated then offed himself in a stairwell. The devastation could have and probably would have been much worse had someone not done something.

I don't agree with teachers all being armed, the danger in having a weapon in a classroom would be through the roof if you ask me. I do however, think that ALL schools should have a n officer present at all times. We did when I was in school, starting in Junior High. I think this could at least help a bad situation from getting much worse, but you're never going to completely put a halt to these shootings. Guns don't kill people, pyschos do.
LittleMiss is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:06 AM   #33
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMiss View Post
The only thing will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun, IMO. The recent mall shooting only ended where it did because a civilian took cover, held his fire and waited for a clear shot. He didnt need it. When the gunman realized he was cornered he retreated then offed himself in a stairwell.
Pleeeaaaassseee! Other than blogs on blogs, where did you get this wisdom.

"held his fire" ...... so did the French running back to Paris after dropping their rifles.

... "and waited for a clear shot" ....

darling if the CHL didn't have a "clear shot" .... neither did the shooter on the CHL..... and what was the shooter waiting on? ..... more targets to get out of the way?

.. finally ... who is the mind-reader who derived all of this special knowledge of what the shooter was thinking ...... when he went into a stair well ..... and "offed" himself?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:38 AM   #34
CJ7
Valued Poster

back to the op

can anyone picture a K-1 teacher being armed?

Colt .38 Detective Special in an ankle holster and a Golck 23 .40 under her armpit singing A B C D E F G .. to 6 year olds sitting on the floor in a big circle ..
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #35
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Good luck with having a rational discussion with that Drama Queen.
I know I'm beating my head against the wall. Maybe others who are a little more open-minded will raad my post and take it for what it's worth. Not necessarily agree with it but at least understand that for every freedom granted, someone else's freedom is usually restricted.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #36
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
Yes. Just not at school. I know one ... sins the colt and glock. She's strictly S&W.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #37
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:52 AM   #38
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Yes.

not an amreican teacher is it whirl
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #39
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

As someone who, back in the day, used to carry a gun when it was legal to do so without having a license, I can share that it's the element of surprise that will get you.

I've been robbed at gunpoint. And I had a gun close by. Was I going to move to say, "Dear sir. Please wait while I get my gun to protect myself"?

It doesn't happen that way.

I just don't see teachers carrying guns while in school. I could imagine a gun accidentally going off and many other tragedies. Also, again, the element of surprise is probably going to be the issue. Women aren't going to feel comfortable having a gun on them at all times.

Although there are evil women out there, and mentally imbalanced ones as well ... it's just not in our nature to carry guns and be vigilant in that fashion. Even in this world ... many of the women that I know, wish to please their clients and make them happy. Pleasing men is what I wish to do.

Although what happened at that school is sickening, I don't believe that getting all paranoid and suggesting that teacher's should be armed in the schools is the answer.

To answer the OP's question, I guess that I would have preferred having a firearm. I believe very strongly that I would shoot one if I needed to. I've gone through the scenario in my head quite a few times. I would know what to do.

But I don't carry a gun and frankly, I don't even fight. I would hope that today's society could, and would, do some of the things that others have mentioned in this topic.

Pay more attention to mental illness was a very good start. Don't ignore warning signs.

I've run out of things to write and my mind is just muddled with the horribleness of this situation. I also believe that this was one of those topics that probably shouldn't have been started. It was in somewhat poor taste.

Happy holidays, everyone!

Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #40
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

That's an Israeli teacher. I'll bet even a lunatic shooter would think twice before entering her classroom.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #41
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
That's an Israeli teacher. I'll bet even a lunatic shooter would think twice before entering her classroom.

I know ..

problem being lunatic shooters on a mission to kill dont think .. why would it matter to them if someone had a gun and may or may not kill them, chances are after theyre done theyre going to kill themselves anyway ...
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #42
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I can't say I'm for arming teachers. I've run across too many truly ignorant teachers while my kids were in schools. But in that lady's class, you could be sure that the lunatic would have been cut down long before he got more than a couple of shots off.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #43
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Actually Lexus I heard the interview of the man who tried to get a shot at the shooter. You don't want to recognize a couple of things; the armed citizen didn't play Clint, he held his fire until he could get a shot without people behind the shooter (sounds like a responsible gun owner) and the shooter did see that he had trouble (when he saw the armed citizen) fled to the stairwell and killed himself. You want to doubt that armed resistance was not responsible for this. What is your theory? The shooter was so overcome by remorse for what he had just done that he figures suicide was the only way out...so why did he do it right there. He wanted to spare the other shoppers of his death??? What changed to make the shooter quit the fight? Only one thing changed, he was going to be shot at or shot by an armed citizen.

My guess is that teacher is an Israeli teacher and I suspect that there was another one nearby.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:32 AM   #44
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I can't say I'm for arming teachers. I've run across too many truly ignorant teachers while my kids were in schools. But in that lady's class, you could be sure that the lunatic would have been cut down long before he got more than a couple of shots off.

that lady is outside in a freakin war zone not in a classroom ... point being lunatics dont give a rats ass if they get cut down or not, theyre on a death mission, theirs included.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:35 AM   #45
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Our teachers are already over-tasked with social/cultural/community responsibilities, and adding "school security" to the list is "too much" and will result in a further deterioration of our academic quality from the product of your existing school systems. We need to lessen their responsibilities and expand their ability to instruct the topics they were educated and trained to teach.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women