Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59956
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47577
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 12-15-2020, 11:39 AM   #31
sportfisherman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Is there a Trump apologist in the house ?

I thought Trump evaded enough responsibility on his own.

I didn't think Trump needed any help in that department.

I thought Trump made plenty enough excuses by himself.

Doesn't Trump do his own blaming ?

Did FDR blame the governors ?
sportfisherman is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 08:05 AM   #32
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

start learning Chinese
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 08:25 AM   #33
winn dixie
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexdutchman View Post
start learning Chinese
And get your barcode tatted on your body and get micro chipped!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 11:12 AM   #34
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
It’s because Trump was inept in handling the virus. His lack of actions and inability to take the virus seriously allowed for the current conditions. Had he been all in on defeating the effects the virus was having and stopping or slowing the rate of spread he could have done a better job protecting the economy. The Kudlows of his administration couldn’t see the forest for the trees and Trump was too much a simpleton to actually be strategic.

Claiming that nothing could be done is flat out wrong since we turned out worse than the whole of Europe with deaths and cases even though they had a headstart in their spread.

Failing to admit at least that much lacks all credibility.

Failing to admit that Governor's had more to do with this "failure" lacks all credibility.

Trump announced early that "he" would take control of the situation and Governor's Cuomo and Newsome to name two said, "Uh, no you won't Mr. President, you will not tell Governor's to shut down this or that or to keep open this or that".

Of course the President had an important part to play and it could be argued that he didn't act fast enough ( for some people ) but what happened after he did act? They say he was 2 weeks late with the National Defense Act. OK, when he did act, did that change anything? At one point we had all the things a President could do and the pandemic marched on.

This is a very fair critique IMHO of what happened. I won't print it all but I found it to be an interesting, comprehensive read if one can't manage to get beyond the source and do some critical thinking on ones own..

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...se/3296998001/

Fact check: Governors, president both responsible for pandemic response

The claim: Governors, rather than the president, are responsible for how coronavirus has impacted their states

A post on Facebook claims that governors, rather than President Donald Trump, are accountable for how COVID-19 has affected their states.
"Do people realize their GOVERNORS are responsible for how the virus was handled in their state, not the President?" the post reads.
The most viral post has been shared over 196,000 times since posted on July 29, and many other users have posted the same claim.
Heather R Einhard, the user behind the post, told USA TODAY that she relied on the 10th Amendment to support her claim.
"The power to make health decisions within each state was not an authority expressly granted to the Federal Government by the Constitution of the United States, which last I checked, was still the supreme law of the land," Einhard wrote.
Federal and state government have different powers, but share responsibility

The United States is a federalist nation. The Constitution designates specific powers to the federal government — like the power to regulate commerce and declare war — and the 10th Amendment designates the remainder of powers to the states.
Robert Chesney, a professor at the University of Texas School of Law, told USA TODAY it is "misleading" to suggest the president bears no responsibility for how the pandemic has impacted states.
But then nobody is saying that a President bears no responsibility, only that his was not the only responsibility and in my opinion, the President, in this case, had less to do with the pandemic continuing as long as it has, than Governor's. But of course a rabid partisan can not bring themselves to admit this.

Governors in charge of statewide policies like lockdowns and mask mandates

Under the 10th Amendment, governors have “the authority to take public health emergency actions, such as setting quarantines and business restrictions,” according to the American Bar Association.

For example, they can order people who were exposed to the coronavirus to self-isolate, and can order residents to stay at home with the exception of essential work or needs.
As a result, governors have also been tasked with coordinating their state's lockdowns and reopenings, since they have the power to issue shelter-in-place directives, and statewide mandates, like mask-wearing.

Something a President, can not do. Oh sure, he could have been a better cheer leader but to do what, lockdown or stay open? Do we even know when all this is done that lockdowns made a difference?

Federal government has ‘unique’ powers to restrict travel, address supply issues

The federal government still has a vital role, because there are some powers only it can exercise.
The president can restrict international travel, harden the borders and invoke national emergency powers, according to William Galston, a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution.

Yes, and when the President does restrict international travel, he is called a racist, Zenophobic by the Democrats. "Harden the borders"? Are you kidding me? Same argument from the Democrats who did everything in their power to thwart those things that a President can do.
There is more if you care to read the article but here is the ruling.

Our rating: Missing context

Based on our research, the claim that governors — not the president — are responsible for how the pandemic has been handled in states is MISSING CONTEXT. As well as the opposite that blaming the President is missing context but "context" is the one thing a partisan never wants to acknowledge. It is true that governors are responsible for safety measures like stay-at-home orders and mask mandates, as well as reopening orders, but the federal government has responsibilities, too. From federal-level actions like invoking the Defense Production Act to messaging about the pandemic, the president is at least in part responsible for the way the coronavirus has affected the nation and each of its states.

Granted but in assessing blame, the President may take the brunt in the early days of the pandemic but at some point, it all came down to the Governor's to try and stop it and to this day, we don't know who did right and who did wrong. One thing is for sure and that is that the President could not tell Governor's how to handle this pandemic. If you can't bring yourself to admit that, then you definitely have TDS.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...ponse-n1183471

Trump backs down after Cuomo and other Governor's unite on Corona Virus response

President Donald Trump said Tuesday he's fine with governors making their own decisions about how and when to reopen their states — a quick retreat from the day before, when he insisted that such choices were up to only him because his "authority is total."
Trump's comments in the White House Rose Garden came as states across the Northeast and along the Pacific Coast launched separate regional pacts to plan for how to open up and get their economies going again, forming united political fronts should they need to challenge Trump.

HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:50 PM   #35
1blackman1
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 41

You admit Trump along with governors failed to do everything necessary stop the immense spread that occurred. Do you also admit that he should have promoted mask wearing and modeled the behavior. Do you admit he could have stopped politicalization of mask wearing.
1blackman1 is online now   Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 03:54 PM   #36
Strokey_McDingDong
Account Frozen

I think H I M definitely should have encouraged wearing masks more seriously.

I really don't know why H I M never did. I know that H I M did recommend wearing masks on several occasions, but H I M never seriously encouraged people to wear them. H I M did the opposite of that.

I don't agree with a nationwide, police enforced mask mandate, but I do think H I M should have made a good, solid and serious recommendation to wear them.
Strokey_McDingDong is offline   Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 10:14 PM   #37
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strokey_McDingDong View Post
I think H I M definitely should have encouraged wearing masks more seriously.

I really don't know why H I M never did. I know that H I M did recommend wearing masks on several occasions, but H I M never seriously encouraged people to wear them. H I M did the opposite of that.

I don't agree with a nationwide, police enforced mask mandate, but I do think H I M should have made a good, solid and serious recommendation to wear them.

Who? They guy on first?

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 08:10 AM   #38
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

1 Blackman Yous forgot some small FACTS about the virus In China Wuhan went into lockdown and transportation within china was STOPPED, However the Wuhan Tianhe international airport continued flying people around the world for WEEKS ( seeding the world )And the Dim-wits didn't want international travel to stop when Big T wanted
Effectively making it impossible for anyone one to STOP the coivd 1984
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:34 PM   #39
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
You admit Trump along with governors failed to do everything necessary stop the immense spread that occurred. Do you also admit that he should have promoted mask wearing and modeled the behavior. Do you admit he could have stopped politicization of mask wearing.
No, I am not admitting that Trump failed to do everything necessary to stop the immense spread because nobody, not Trump or the Governor's could have "stopped" the spread of the virus. That's a ridiculous notion not based on the facts.

Hell, we aren't even sure 11 months in, whether shutting down in door or out door dining will do anything to stop the spread, we still don't know. As a matter of fact, the "science" says this will have no effect any more than shutting down the schools will and none of this can be done by the President, period..

I thought I explained myself pretty good in what I wrote but let me try again. Trump did everything "in his power" to "help" stop the spread. Did he do these things "fast enough"? That is open for discussion but I would remind you that we are not privy to and I for one have no experience in understanding how fast these things can be accomplished like getting more PPE out there. I do know that the failure of the test kits in the beginning falls on the CDC for producing failed kits. No President can be responsible for every agency under him. The two things mentioned in the order that a President can do, Trump did or tried to do and was meet with "resistance" from the Democrats on closing the borders with regard to flights from China. Too late, not effective enough? Maybe, maybe not. What we do know is that Democrats said what he was doing was racist, their answer to everything Trump did and control the Southern border? Don't even get me started.

While not completely eliminating Trump of any responsibility, I am saying that Governor's bore more responsibility ( which they demanded ) since they are the only ones that could institute the kind of measures we are hoping ( but not convinced ) will slow down the spread of the virus.

Right now, nothing is going to stop this virus but a cure. These new vaccines we hope will help but we don't even know that yet.

Yeah he should have promoted more mask wearing but how isolated and un-informed would you have to be to not know that this was the "recommended" course of action from the medical professionals? Well, of course AFTER Fauci and the others changed their minds because if you remember, in the beginning, they were actually asking regular people not to wear masks either because it wouldn't do any good or there weren't enough to go around, a mixed message if ever there was one.

As I said before, I don't need my President to lead me. I don't need him to be a cheer leader. Some people do. I consider these to be weak minded people.

And no, he could not STOP people from doing what ever they wanted concerning masks. Only the Governor's could TRY to do that.

I'm still weighing the considerations of mandating anything for the people. I'm more inclined to letting the medical professionals, not the President, not Congress inform us and it is the responsibility of the citizens to inform themselves. I don't need a President to hold my hand through the crisis. Some people obviously do.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women