Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 267
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70486
biomed161081
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453050
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47790
pyramider46370
bambino40453
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117
View Poll Results: Is the word Negro slanderous?
Yes 21 15.33%
No 71 51.82%
What's a negro? 4 2.92%
People of color need to learn to get over "words" 45 32.85%
heh... 12 8.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-14-2014, 10:28 PM   #31
dtymh55
Valued Poster

The word Negro is acceptable when used in the proper context. A well known college fund still uses the word in it's name.In regard to the stolen phone in the previous post,We don't know who took it or their race or color.
dtymh55 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 10:38 PM   #32
Russ38
Hope Abandoned

Encounters: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtymh55 View Post
In regard to the stolen phone in the previous post,We don't know who took it or their race or color.
Probably one of those white supremacist peckerwood motherfuckers living south of I-10....be my guess....js
Russ38 is offline   Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:45 PM   #33
Island_Gent
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44
Cool Context Is Key There Pistolero...

When I lived overseas fairly recently I STILL heard the word Negro used ALL the time.

I heard it all the time in Puerto Rico(although kinda a term of endearment-mira negro/negra, negrito/negrita).

And In Asia, the options on their official forms under the category of race was NEGRO. And many a cab driver asked if I were a Negro from where?

So, not terribly offended by it in THOSE contexts.

Nor in the context that DG used it here...js

Ni**er/Ni**a woulda been a horse of a different colour.

Island_Gent is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 02:57 AM   #34
ness
Momentum Achieved

Encounters: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar789 View Post
1.) Thread appears to be a smoke screen or spawn from a different thread and conversation in Co-Ed.Depending on what glasses you're accustomed to wearing, in the Co-Ed discussion it's clear (and in context) the word Negro was meant as a general insult and / or an acceptable substitute to it's more popular sister deviation.
I think Pistolero made it pretty clear what this thread is about. He also pretty much disclosed PM information, just didn't use Dorian's name but it was obvious. So do mods get points or just mod pussy? Short version is Pistolero admonished Dorian for a joke that included a racial stereotype. And Dorian is fixating on the word Negro as a defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanzibar789 View Post
2.) Many seemingly innocent words if used in the right context can be used as a slur. You cannot ignore context it's all important especially in this discussion. The OP may have been joking but the context made it derogatory for some. One can take the word Caucasian and use it in similar fashion depending on the conversation.
You really don't get it do you? Dorian was fucking with a NBA hooker. Here is the funny part, if a NBA hooker is already assuming that black fucktards are all bad or whatever how much of a stretch is it for that mindset to believe that all thieves are black? Now that's the joke, it went right over your head didn't it. I had to be Capt Obvious cause your dumb ass replies were making my head hurt.
ness is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:39 AM   #35
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

It is only derogatory if the person who said it, meant it to be derogatory.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:53 AM   #36
Wakeup
Valerie's Mod Husband

Encounters: 4

It's never derogatory...
Wakeup is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #37
TexasGator
Sexual Liber🐊ator

...but is it pejorative?
TexasGator is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:36 AM   #38
fast_livin
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

I have kind of just been reading and not wanting to comment on this but I can't hold it in anymore.

I don't care what anyone says about this..... We all know that if a white person uses any form of the N word that every AA within earshot if it gets pissed and wants to start something. If you change that up and if an AA uses any form of the N word then it's perfectly acceptable.

I don't use any form of the word out loud or in public but I do believe there is a very large difference between a N***** and an AA.
fast_livin is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 06:37 AM   #39
Don T. Lukbak
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Pretty much any noun can become a derogatory term, dependent upon the potency of the speaker's venom and the delicacy of audience sensibilities. Anyone who's ever been called MAN by an infuriated bull dagger will know this is true. In that case, though, it's easy to laugh it off because - as far as I know - nobody has figured out how to get paid behind it. Yet. Unlike JELLYBEAN.
Don T. Lukbak is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:12 AM   #40
Guest051115
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ness View Post
I think Pistolero made it pretty clear what this thread is about. He also pretty much disclosed PM information, just didn't use Dorian's name but it was obvious. So do mods get points or just mod pussy? Short version is Pistolero admonished Dorian for a joke that included a racial stereotype. And Dorian is fixating on the word Negro as a defense.

You really don't get it do you? Dorian was fucking with a NBA hooker. Here is the funny part, if a NBA hooker is already assuming that black fucktards are all bad or whatever how much of a stretch is it for that mindset to believe that all thieves are black? Now that's the joke, it went right over your head didn't it. I had to be Capt Obvious cause your dumb ass replies were making my head hurt.
;-) Actually you had to be Capt obvious because you clearly don't understand the greater context of the point I was making when that happens heads will always hurt.

Preciate your effort though.
Guest051115 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:41 AM   #41
oilfieldscum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ38 View Post
Probably one of those white supremacist peckerwood motherfuckers living south of I-10....be my guess....js
This might make more sense if you said east of Beaumont....ijs.
oilfieldscum is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:56 AM   #42
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 59

Santa Fe comes to mind
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:17 AM   #43
oilfieldscum
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian Gray View Post
Santa Fe comes to mind
Yeah I got pulled over there one time many moons ago. Looking for pussy in the wrong places......that outta be a song.
oilfieldscum is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #44
Guest051115
Account Disabled

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast_livin View Post
I have kind of just been reading and not wanting to comment on this but I can't hold it in anymore.

I don't care what anyone says about this..... We all know that if a white person uses any form of the N word that every AA within earshot if it gets pissed and wants to start something. If you change that up and if an AA uses any form of the N word then it's perfectly acceptable.

I don't use any form of the word out loud or in public but I do believe there is a very large difference between a N***** and an AA.

^ Why do you think that is? If the N-Word is used in music, America is up in arms but if used in movies it's time to hand out Oscars. My official PC answer = Art can imitate life but life can't imitate art.

My understanding is that when white people use the word it's meant as a slander but when blacks use it it's meant as a term of endearment. The reality is that's only partially true. Some blacks in their art use it for both hate and endearment and given the words history I can't think of a scenario where whites using it would be perceived as an endearment. I'm also hypocritical on this subject because I listen to music with the N-Word but deep inside I know it's not a good word to use and that it negatively impacts the youth that sucks it up. The reason it won't stop being used in today's society is because it's a cash cow to many forms of entertainment youth be damned.

Just my two cents.
Guest051115 is offline   Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #45
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 59

I thincks someone is hearing but not listening. We are talking about negro. Not popular culture throwing around some word like m&m's.

Zanzibar, count the number of time Tarantino used Negro in Django?
Dorian Gray is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women