Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh > The Sandbox - Pittsburgh
The Sandbox - Pittsburgh The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 249
Top Posters
DallasRain70458
biomed160886
Yssup Rider60189
gman4452993
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47700
pyramider46370
bambino40417
CryptKicker37104
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-02-2023, 01:14 PM   #31
Devo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishGangster View Post
What would I do about homelessness?

Nothing. Much lile Eccie’s point system taking care of problems one way or another so would simply treating the homeless like any other person.
Break laws? Prison.
Illegal alien? Deported.
After that the problem will sort itself out one way or another.
Giving them free food and shelter and supplies only encourages them to continue their behavior. So do nothing and let Darwin handle it.
I agree, at this point, we are paddleless rafters, entering Dimple Rock and being drowned for promised entertainment.

We are laboring under the misbelief that our Goverment can still solve problems and it can't, charities, like the Catholic Charities that bring in Illegals and dump them on local school districts are definitely not charitable to the communities who they lie about protecting.

We counted on the Church(es) to step in and help the poor, when the Government couldn't in the past, and we have destroyed that leg of assistance, both financially and morally, with our hatred of established religions.

The institutions and the money that supported the poor have been chased from this country, another Catholic Church and school being demolished in Natrona Heights, and the wealth taken from the community by the Diocese, is gone and making its last trip to the Vatican, as, every church that is torn down, strips another community of an asset.

I don't have a solution to the homeless problem, nobody does, or, it would have been done long ago.

Chaos, is the natural state of the universe, civilization is hard to maintain, and, an affront to the natural order, we have seen great civilizations come and go, and, I think we are closer to destroying many of what exist out there today, there is US civilization, but, we just have to look South, and see that disorder to our civilization is flowing in across the open border.

We can't help our own, how, do you expect to help even more people, most with no desire to integrate into our culture, but do nothing but take what free shit we give them.

Bottom line, we can't, and we're failing all of them.

Chaos is growing, and, its not going to stop, I truly believe, much like my handle, DEVO, its not a band name, its the theory of "De-Evolution" that man has peaked as a species, and is starting to regress back to a lower form, things I saw as a child and hoped for, such as the exploration of space, aren't happening anymore, its stopped, and the progress of our species is being retarded by corruption, again, more chaos, and mismanagement, again, more chaos.

The homeless, really, and bluntly, I don't give a fuck about, just like many things I used to care about, but, time has washed my capacity to care away, in part, because of the people I see here on the left, who seem to have lost all connections of caring and compassion towards folks, on my side.

And, from what I have seen in real life, after the riots that went unchecked, to the burning of businesses, then, and the closing of businesses in places like Seattle, and in LA, San Fran, the shoplifting, killings, mass theft events, etc, I see no hope for change.

We have a brain dead, CIC, clearly, taking bribes, funneling cash to every relative, all the evidence in front of us, but NEITHER SIDE cares, this, is where I think things are going to start going really bad.

Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 02:21 PM   #32
El-mo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo View Post
I agree, at this point, we are paddleless rafters, entering Dimple Rock and being drowned for promised entertainment.

We are laboring under the misbelief that our Goverment can still solve problems and it can't, charities, like the Catholic Charities that bring in Illegals and dump them on local school districts are definitely not charitable to the communities who they lie about protecting.

We counted on the Church(es) to step in and help the poor, when the Government couldn't in the past, and we have destroyed that leg of assistance, both financially and morally, with our hatred of established religions.

The institutions and the money that supported the poor have been chased from this country, another Catholic Church and school being demolished in Natrona Heights, and the wealth taken from the community by the Diocese, is gone and making its last trip to the Vatican, as, every church that is torn down, strips another community of an asset.

I don't have a solution to the homeless problem, nobody does, or, it would have been done long ago.

Chaos, is the natural state of the universe, civilization is hard to maintain, and, an affront to the natural order, we have seen great civilizations come and go, and, I think we are closer to destroying many of what exist out there today, there is US civilization, but, we just have to look South, and see that disorder to our civilization is flowing in across the open border.

We can't help our own, how, do you expect to help even more people, most with no desire to integrate into our culture, but do nothing but take what free shit we give them.

Bottom line, we can't, and we're failing all of them.

Chaos is growing, and, its not going to stop, I truly believe, much like my handle, DEVO, its not a band name, its the theory of "De-Evolution" that man has peaked as a species, and is starting to regress back to a lower form, things I saw as a child and hoped for, such as the exploration of space, aren't happening anymore, its stopped, and the progress of our species is being retarded by corruption, again, more chaos, and mismanagement, again, more chaos.

The homeless, really, and bluntly, I don't give a fuck about, just like many things I used to care about, but, time has washed my capacity to care away, in part, because of the people I see here on the left, who seem to have lost all connections of caring and compassion towards folks, on my side.

And, from what I have seen in real life, after the riots that went unchecked, to the burning of businesses, then, and the closing of businesses in places like Seattle, and in LA, San Fran, the shoplifting, killings, mass theft events, etc, I see no hope for change.

We have a brain dead, CIC, clearly, taking bribes, funneling cash to every relative, all the evidence in front of us, but NEITHER SIDE cares, this, is where I think things are going to start going really bad.

I’m sorry but this is rambling and most of it is wildly off-topic
El-mo is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 06:08 PM   #33
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-mo View Post
I’m sorry but this is rambling and most of it is wildly off-topic
No, the problem is its COMPLETELY on topic, and you can't' see the truth in front of your face.

I don't care, the people stepping over the homeless don't care, unless they step in shit doing so, or the homeless are in front of their business, the Governments of the states where homeless issue are most problematic, neither city, or state care.

Shit his pants President doesn't care, nor, does anyone, in congress of either house, or either party.

Homelessness is one more example of a sick society, as, are most of the issues facing us from crime to immigration.

No Genie is going to come along,and let us wish the problem away today, or anytime soon.

The proof IS, the homeless issue isn't going to go away, until we see a manifest change in how we govern, and how we see others as humans.

My grandmother, during the depression, who found out later, was "Marked by hobos" on a nearby road sign, used to offer a meal for chores around the house and shop, she fed them, they worked it off, never had any issues, and, both sides left feeling better, a good trade off for helping someone or being helped.

Finally, she asked one of the Hobos, how they knew she would feed them for work, as, they started showing up and asking, and, he told her that a "Hobo sign" was on the road sign up above the house, and that she was known to give a meal for work, and, hobos, took advantage of that, hobos, were not BUMS, and that's what the world if filled with today, bums, with an expectation of a meal, but so entitled they don't think they need to work to get it.

Being a hobo wasn't a bad thing, being a bum is, mentally ill military homeless are one thing, bums, who are on the street and homeless because of their drug issues, deserve nothing, NOTHING, and as long as we feed the bums, change is never going to happen.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 06:16 PM   #34
Devo
Valued Poster

And for the record, I have helped down and out folks many times, I always offer a meal, which is almost universally refused, those that take me up, get fed a solid meal from what I can find locally to buy them, if in my work truck, I'll offer a bottle of water, any sealed food, and, Squincher sticks, Gatorade sticks, whatever I have on hand, but rarely if ever do I give them money.

Hell, I've tried to hand out MREs both GI and commercial and, nobody ever takes one, which, is sad, as they are the first thing dropped in the event of a catastrophe and good enough to feed our soldiers.

I don't donate to charity either, I help, physically, because that's the charity that matters.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 07:12 PM   #35
Charley3
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Sure I have solutions, but, I'm not taking the time to respond here, because none of you have the open mindedness to even consider a reasonable solution, its just another thing to attack me
Pretty sure you in fact did take the time to respond here. Couple times.
Charley3 is online now   Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 12:23 AM   #36
tommy156
BANNED

Encounters: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Yep. They have plenty of time for diatribes... paragraph after paragraph of grievances. Still no solutions to combat homelessness.
tommy156 is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 11:58 AM   #37
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy156 View Post
Yep. They have plenty of time for diatribes... paragraph after paragraph of grievances. Still no solutions to combat homelessness.
Then lets hear your ultimate solution?

Have any of you ever considered it may be something the left wants?
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2023, 12:00 PM   #38
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
Wow, your pretty good, however, I did not respond with a solution, because, there isn't one.

At least not one palatable to most on the left.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 10:42 AM   #39
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:

Elmo, sorry, but, your question is leading and just allows the goons to attack en masse all R and Conservatives, they themselves have no solution as, can be seen by the problem itself.
This is 100% spot on.

This is a bullshit question posted so juveniles can just attack conservatives

If the OP wanted a legitimate discussion, he would not have asked "What would conservatives do about homelessness" rather he would have asked "What would anyone do about homelessness"

You notice not one leftist has a plan to fix something that their leftist run cities and policies have created. You break it, you fix it
berryberry is online now   Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 11:50 AM   #40
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryberry View Post
This is 100% spot on.

If the OP wanted a legitimate discussion, he would not have asked "What would conservatives do about homelessness" rather he would have asked "What would anyone do about homelessness"

You notice not one leftist has a plan to fix something that their leftist run cities and policies have created. You break it, you fix it
How about this question?

"Why have Democratically controlled cities turned into the primary repostitory for the masses of Homeless in this country?"

Because they have the best welfare system to live and squat in, and the least effective systems, both social, and legal, to prevent the homeless from doing as they wish.

And, nobody in power gives two shits about them, because, they don't vote D 99 percent of the time as their inner city Plantation brethren do.

What exactly the difference between the homeless, and the vast majority of generational welfare recipients?

A home, paid for by you and I, if you work and pay taxes, that is.

The fact that the Government has institutionalized the prevention of homelessness by giving huge chunks of people free shit from food to homes, the homeless are only homeless, because they are too mentally ill, drug addicted, or both, to get themselves into the "Free shit for life" system of welfare we have that's expanding every day in this country.

And, seeing that getting the homeless into that system of free shit for votes has failed, the left has turned to the rest of the world for the next iteration of welfare recipients, and opened the border to them, hence, 12 million new D votes this year alone.

AS STATED, nobody cares about the homeless, because they eat, but don't vote, hence, of no value.
Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 02:09 PM   #41
El-mo
Valued Poster

Quote:
This is 100% spot on.

There are no leftist controlled cities and homelessness is caused by capitalism.

As a leftist, I would simply use tax dollars to build and supply housing. All of the other problems that homeless people have; mental wealth substance abuse, etc. is exacerbated by their state of homelessness. We can address those other issues more easily when they have the stability of living indoors. Finland has virtually eliminated homelessness, by adopting what they call the housing first philosophy.

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/cont...69f04.amp.html

Believe it or not, problems can be solved by societies that care about solving them.

If you want to ask how we can pay for this, I’ll be glad to engage with that, but I’m willing that you just don’t care about homeless people, and just want to rail line about “democrat controlled cities” or whatever.
El-mo is offline   Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 03:16 PM   #42
berryberry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-mo View Post
There are no leftist controlled cities
LOL, ok, just keep ignoring reality
berryberry is online now   Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 07:04 PM   #43
Devo
Valued Poster

Quote:
LOL, ok, just keep ignoring reality
Oh man, that one line, its like Mike Dukakkis or WETF his name is riding in that tank, that hilariously ended his political career.

It just tells you everything you need to know.

Wave the magic wand, make housing appear!

Poof!

It would be far easier for every home in every non leftist controlled city to just take in a homeless person or two.

Devo is offline   Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 10:35 PM   #44
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Hey El-mo, I surely don't want this thread to get away
without saying that YOU have raised a good question here.

Now perhaps we can start another thread on
"What would Liberals do about homelessness"
- seeing as the Biden Administration hasn't done much.

#### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 09-05-2023, 07:15 AM   #45
El-mo
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Again View Post
... Hey El-mo, I surely don't want this thread to get away
without saying that YOU have raised a good question here.

Now perhaps we can start another thread on
"What would Liberals do about homelessness"
- seeing as the Biden Administration hasn't done much.

#### Salty
This is a good question. I think the “liberal” approach to homelessness is mostly useless. It’s a combination of making people stay in dangerous shelters. As homeless people have increasingly decided that it’s safer to build communities of their own (tent cities),liberal leaders have become more hostile to them. American “liberal” leaders are typically fine with homelessness. They just don’t like VISIBLE homelessness. I put liberal in quotes, because democrats are actually center-right.
El-mo is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women