Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70425
biomed160644
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47586
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35412
Mojojo33117

Old 06-01-2010, 12:02 PM   #31
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

""Undoubtedly, some think the Second Amendment is outmoded in a society where our standing army is the pride of our Nation, where well-trained police forces provide personal security, and where gun violence is a serious problem. That is perhaps debatable, but what is not debatable is that it is not the role of this Court to pronounce the Second Amendment extinct." - Justice Scalia, DC vs Heller

Your right JR but it does not say ammo, they will let us own all the guns we want to buy, but the 2nd admendment does not say ammo, it says arms, this is the loop hole that I hear those I know who dont like guns talk about, it is possible to outlaw ammo or severly curtain the ability to purchase it. anyway i am going to stop talking politics.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #32
SFviii
Adriana’s BFE/fluffer

Encounters: 3

Interesting thread, I'm just a collector and these are my favorites...

S & W Model 500 revolver with .500 S&W Supermag

MR's Mark VII Desert Eagle with .50 A.E.

Both are cool and sometimes practice shooting them. The Desert Eagle can hurt like hell but S&W 500 isn't too bad with the recoil compensator.

SF8
SFviii is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #33
Smokes
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Home Defense = Tarus Judge. 44 Long Colt & 410 Shot Gun
Long Range = Springfield M1A
Smokes is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:58 PM   #34
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Ammunition

Dirty Dog,

The following history is interesting:
1. Washington crossed the Delaware River on Christmas Eve because he had to capture the British Gunpowder Stores. He had little to none.
2. Bunker Hill: when the order was given to shoot when you see the whites of their eyes, it was because they only had one musket shot each. The took the one shot, and then ran like crazy to let the British have the hill. The British had confiscated all of the gunpowder they could find.
3. Lexington and Concord was about the British coming to take the store of powder.
4. The main battle in the South that turned the war and allowed for the British final surrender was because there were powder stores in the South, and when the British went to get it; the Southern Boys fought back because they had the powder.

During the period of time leading up to the Revolution, the British did not allow any production of Gun Powder in the North. If I remember my history, there was one powder mill in the South.

Gun Powder (Read that as Black Powder in 1776) was difficult to make because Potassium Nitrate was in short supply (I recommend an interesting book "The History of Gunpowder - forgot the author). With Potassium Nitrate in short supply the King of England had special people appointed to scrape the walls behind the taverns where the men went to relieve themselves. The crystalized urine was collected to get the Potassium Nitrate. Collections were also made from most of the barnyards and outhouses throughout the country.

The problem with this primitive powder (Potassium Nitrate + Ground Charcoal + sulfur) was that there was no provision to keep bacteria from feeding on the mixture. The result, barrels of GP had to be removed and dried, and reprocessed almost each year.

The present method is to add Sodium Benzoate, a common food preservative, to the above mixture for black powder. SB and/or Potassium Sorbate is also added as the secret ingredient in most fireworks powder and various other explosives as preservatives.

I could go on, but I referenced the book. Maybe I read too much anyway. But, anyway this stuff is still fun. I made nitro when I was 14 (it scared me too much to handle it much), and bought blasting caps and blasting powder at the local hardware store to blow up tree stumps at my Grandmothers farm. Powdered Zinc and Sulfur in a 3 to 1 ratio made a great big firecracker. Well that stuff we can't do anymore and the kids simply not allowed to play with the things we played with.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:50 PM   #35
BiggestBest
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
... I recommend an interesting book "The History of Gunpowder - forgot the author) ...
Which one?

Gunpowder: Alchemy, Bombards, And Pyrotechnics: The History Of The Explosive That Changed The World ~ Jack Kelly

A History of Greek Fire and Gunpowder ~ J. R. Partington
BiggestBest is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #36
Bartman1963
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Jackie you surprise me! That weapon is incredible. I would love to own one of those too. 5.7 x 28 in an FN handgun is extremely deadly. The same round in a 50 rd clip? WHOOO. Watch out baby, serious fun has arrived. Put an EOTech holographic sight on that and watch Jackie become a commando in a G string. I get dibs on filming!

I don't know anyone who has been shot and lived. The one person I knew who was shot, was killed with a .22 magnum. That round aint to be sneezed at. I want never to be shot with anything. Period. .22 short, .25 ACP, high velocity pellet rifle...nothing.

DD, my next weapon is gonna be a REC-7. 6.8 SPC with a 30 rd magazine and piston operation, instead of gas impingement. Sounds like a ton of fun. And I can hunt with it, with a smaller magazine of course.
Bartman1963 is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:31 PM   #37
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Bartman, you know me, shot 4 times, .32 caliber, actually the .22 caliber round is the round of choice for assasination work by the mob and CIA.

I am trying to chose between the .308 or the 6.8, i like the mag capasity of the 6.8 but love the long range accuaracy and knock down power of the .308. I am also looking to use it for hunting. If i cant decide soon might have to get one of each LOL.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:39 PM   #38
Bartman1963
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I did not know that about you. Jeezus!

To quote Godsmack; "I'm as tough as nails". LOL you actually Dirty Dog or "Ironman"?

One of each sounds good. Take a look at the FNAR, for your .308 needs...

http://www.fnhusa1.com/PDF/reviews/1...ightBarrel.pdf
Bartman1963 is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:21 AM   #39
chriscraft
Account Disabled

Encounters: 16

Cool thread!

I have a H&K P2000 in 9mm for my CCW. Also have a bunch of long guns, including a left-hand Browning BAR in .308 with Leupold VX3, a MAK-90, and I just got my first AR-15 about a month ago, a left-hand STAG in 5.56 of course.

This is my rifle, this is my gun...
chriscraft is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #40
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

BiggestBest,

The book I was referring to was: "Gunpowder: Alchemy, Bombards, And Pyrotechnics: The History Of The Explosive That Changed The World ~ Jack Kelly" see chapter 10 "History out of Control". By the way, my mistake, page 159, the Americans got off two shots at the battle of Bunker Hill (actually Breed's Hill). By the third frontal charge: "The Americans had run out of gunpowder".

Thanks for the question on title, I had to find the book in my basement after 4 years and reread parts of it again. I have also ordered the book "A History of Greek Fire and Gunpowder ~ J. R. Partington" Thanks for the suggestion.

By the way, see page 115 at the end of the first paragraph for a how to do it.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:42 AM   #41
Omahan
Secretary of State

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
By the way, my mistake, page 159, the Americans got off two shots at the battle of Bunker Hill (actually Breed's Hill). By the third frontal charge: "The Americans had run out of gunpowder".
Close but no cigar. There were 3 charges and the American did run out of ammo like you said. However, no charge by British regulars was ever broken by one volley. The first charge was broken with the 3rd volley. I'm not sure about the 2nd or 3rd. Very likely there was only one volley on the 3rd charge or it would have been stopped too. Here is one source - http://www.usahistory.info/Revolutio...nker-Hill.html

If I hadn't gone into banking I would have liked to be a history teacher. Sometimes I just can't help myself.
Omahan is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:18 PM   #42
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Just curious

Dirty Dog;

" I recently went through the process to regain my civil rights including gun ownership."

What does that mean? How did you lose them in the first place?
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #43
bigbirddog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrew_2000 View Post
I presently own uno gun. Its a plain jane .22 by Savage Arms from Wal-Mart. Ammo for it is dirt cheap, so I can have alot of fun target shooting....and it serves a purpose, several possums have met their maker.

I fired everything under the sun in the Army, and I've gotten alot of the 'big gun' out of my system...I might opt for a 9 mm (M-9) in the near future though. I can attest to its accuracy being superior to the 1911 .45...and stopping power? Since I plan on carrying this thing around, I may go smaller yet. Most people run away when any bullet is fired.
The stock version of the 1911 ACP was notoriously inaccurate, for a reason. It was a field weapon and had to operate under extreme conditions, e.g. dirty. When accurized, the ACP is very accurate. I can empty the clip of my ACP into the torso of a combat target at 50 yards. The .45 has a lot more knockdown power than the 9 mm. If you hit your target with a .45, you knock it on its ass. With a 9 mm, maybe but not likely.
bigbirddog is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:19 PM   #44
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default another curiousity thing

When you guys are packin and visit a provider what do you do with the weapon?
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:24 PM   #45
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Isn't that a personal question officer?
john_galt is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women