Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59941
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47557
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 07-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #31
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Hey Dude

You should write an article about it.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #32
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRLawrence View Post
You think you are funny, don't you. Your made up quotes are just sick. Not because you are making fun of religion. They are sick because it is a lie. I have no respect for someone who intentionally lies. It is not a joke when you make up stuff just to talk.

Copernicious ??? WTF, that is just stupid. I know the story of science and religion better than most. This is not funny, just stupid.

JR
I found it amusing, but if you are on a hobby website and get offended because of a satirical bible quote, then I don't know what to say.
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #33
Guest090920
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbigpapa View Post
I found it amusing, but if you are on a hobby website and get offended because of a satirical bible quote, then I don't know what to say.
Exactly! I can only imagine what how he would have reacted to learning about the Book of Hesitations and Anticipations!
Guest090920 is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:26 PM   #34
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Just Stupid: that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbigpapa View Post
Big Papa,

You missed the point. This is not a quote. This is not satire. I don't care that it concerned religion - or not. It was just plain stupid.

If you follow my writing at all, you will understand that the offense is when one makes a stupid statement, and tries to cover the lie by pretending quote someone.

The offense would be the same if he had pretended to quote either Time Magazine or Mad Magazine.

JR
JRLawrence is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:30 PM   #35
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Default Now that is funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio31 View Post
Exactly! I can only imagine what how he would have reacted to learning about the Book of Hesitations and Anticipations!
Now, this is funny. These books don't exist, and that is the joke.

No pretense is made to cover ignorance. The joke is on the ignorant.

Do you catch the difference?

JR
Old 07-14-2011, 07:18 PM   #36
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

The shield that all so-called comedians hide behind. If they say something intelligent or insightful they want full credit but if it turns out to be rude, intolerant, stupid, or just plain wrong then they were only kidding. So just calm down.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:21 PM   #37
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Quote:
Big Papa,

You missed the point. This is not a quote. This is not satire. I don't care that it concerned religion - or not. It was just plain stupid.

If you follow my writing at all, you will understand that the offense is when one makes a stupid statement, and tries to cover the lie by pretending quote someone.

The offense would be the same if he had pretended to quote either Time Magazine or Mad Magazine.

JR
You are offended when someone makes a stupid statement? I can understand that I guess. Like this statement below which is obviously stupid.

Quote:
Catnipper,

Some of us had to read the bible when we were young. It is required reading for every educated person in western society.
Every educated person. Seriously? Not one educated person in western society is not a reader of the Bible? I bet a lot of non-Bible reading western educated smart people would take great offense to your biased statement. This defense of the Bible leads me to think your offense to Cat's post is about religion, whether you admit it or not.

Quote:
Now, this is funny. These books don't exist, and that is the joke.

No pretense is made to cover ignorance. The joke is on the ignorant.

Do you catch the difference?

JR
Are you saying the Book of Copernicious is real?
Old 07-14-2011, 07:24 PM   #38
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
The shield that all so-called comedians hide behind. If they say something intelligent or insightful they want full credit but if it turns out to be rude, intolerant, stupid, or just plain wrong...
John, if these were the criteria for being a comedian, you would be the most successful comedian on this board.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:22 AM   #39
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

First, the name is not John and how about responding to what I wrote rather than hurl insults?
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:28 AM   #40
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Quote:
First, the name is not John and how about responding to what I wrote rather than hurl insults?
No thanks, John, I'm fine.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #41
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Default Kidding and understanding.

Quote:
The shield that all so-called comedians hide behind. If they say something intelligent or insightful they want full credit but if it turns out to be rude, intolerant, stupid, or just plain wrong then they were only kidding. So just calm down.
Kidding can be light, or just mean. Many times have we heard some asshole say to us they were only kidding, when we know that they really meant to hurt, dig, or criticize.

It may be the asshole's most used excuse for being what he is.

As for the educated person in Western Society, this is like the political reporter that I heard state several years ago that no one reads certain books anymore (how sad). I had read them all: "The Communest Manifesto" by Carl Marx and Frederick Engels (1848), "Das Kapital" by Carl Marx, "Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler (1939), "Common Sense" by Thomas Pain (One should also read the rest of his political pamphlets.)

If you have other contacts in the world you should have also read the basic works of Buddha to understand that his work was as much a psychology as a religion. Psychology did not exist in his day, and religion was the only way to express his views and teachings.

If you have contact with the middle east it would be recommended that the time be taken to read the Koran (or Qu'ran) the primary source of faith and community practice for over 1.5 billion people.

Likewise, Christianity represents roughly 1/3 of the world's population. Anyone who claims to be educated should understand the religion of over 2 billion people.

If you are involved with science work one should have also read about the development of science, and the split between science and religion with the work of Isaac Newton and other alchemists which many have classified as occult. Today we view chemistry not in religious terms, but as Newton did, as elements classified into groups. His pursuit of chemical experiment that did not work and the religious implications that did not work either have, in today's world, lead us to a greater understanding of the basic principles of science.

By the way, everyone likes sex. Just because we discuss other things here, our appreciation of sex is not an excuse to misuse others, lie, abuse, steal or just be stupid.

JR
Old 07-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #42
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Makes me wonder

JR is your brain the product of past ingestion and perhaps abuse of illegal substances?

Pleeze tell me that you do not own weapons or even sharp objects of any kind.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #43
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Quote:
Kidding can be light, or just mean. Many times have we heard some asshole say to us they were only kidding, when we know that they really meant to hurt, dig, or criticize.

It may be the asshole's most used excuse for being what he is.

As for the educated person in Western Society, this is like the political reporter that I heard state several years ago that no one reads certain books anymore (how sad). I had read them all: "The Communest Manifesto" by Carl Marx and Frederick Engels (1848), "Das Kapital" by Carl Marx, "Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler (1939), "Common Sense" by Thomas Pain (One should also read the rest of his political pamphlets.)

If you have other contacts in the world you should have also read the basic works of Buddha to understand that his work was as much a psychology as a religion. Psychology did not exist in his day, and religion was the only way to express his views and teachings.

If you have contact with the middle east it would be recommended that the time be taken to read the Koran (or Qu'ran) the primary source of faith and community practice for over 1.5 billion people.

Likewise, Christianity represents roughly 1/3 of the world's population. Anyone who claims to be educated should understand the religion of over 2 billion people.

If you are involved with science work one should have also read about the development of science, and the split between science and religion with the work of Isaac Newton and other alchemists which many have classified as occult. Today we view chemistry not in religious terms, but as Newton did, as elements classified into groups. His pursuit of chemical experiment that did not work and the religious implications that did not work either have, in today's world, lead us to a greater understanding of the basic principles of science.

By the way, everyone likes sex. Just because we discuss other things here, our appreciation of sex is not an excuse to misuse others, lie, abuse, steal or just be stupid.

JR
Rationalize it all you want, but you were wrong. Also, are you saying you are free of the "misuse others, lie, abuse, steal or just be stupid," part of your post?
Old 07-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #44
Seomon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16

"As for the educated person in Western Society, this is like the political reporter that I heard state several years ago that no one reads certain books anymore (how sad). I had read them all: "The Communest Manifesto" by Carl Marx and Frederick Engels (1848), "Das Kapital" by Carl Marx, "Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler (1939), "Common Sense" by Thomas Pain (One should also read the rest of his political pamphlets.)"

@ JR

Did you REALLY read Mein Kompf??? Just so you could get inside of the head of Adolf Hitler???? BEEEEEE ZAAAHHHRRR bro. I was a History major and never once did a professor of mine advocate reading it. Marx, Engels, and Pain yes. Adolf Hitler NO! Nothing and I mean absolutely NOTHING can be learned from Mein Kompf. So sayeth me and all my History professors from that expensive college I went to.
Seomon is offline   Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #45
JRLawrence
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seomon View Post
"As for the educated person in Western Society, this is like the political reporter that I heard state several years ago that no one reads certain books anymore (how sad). I had read them all: "The Communest Manifesto" by Carl Marx and Frederick Engels (1848), "Das Kapital" by Carl Marx, "Mein Kampf" by Adolf Hitler (1939), "Common Sense" by Thomas Pain (One should also read the rest of his political pamphlets.)"

@ JR

Did you REALLY read Mein Kompf??? Just so you could get inside of the head of Adolf Hitler???? BEEEEEE ZAAAHHHRRR bro. I was a History major and never once did a professor of mine advocate reading it. Marx, Engels, and Pain yes. Adolf Hitler NO! Nothing and I mean absolutely NOTHING can be learned from Mein Kompf. So sayeth me and all my History professors from that expensive college I went to.
Yes I read Mein Kompf my senior year of High School. I had read about all of the problems of the extermination camps during WWII and how bad the war was, and how wrong the German's had been. In 7th grade there was a reference in my history book about how the ancient Germans has "loved war". My reason for reading it was as Paul Harvey says now: to get "the rest of the story".

I am not any of the following: Buddist, Muslin, Communest, Marxist, or a psychologist.

I have read all of the works mentioned. What did I learn from Mein Kompf? I learned what was being said to about 19 million people in 1939 at the start of WWII. Further readings in chemical history has lead to a deeper understanding of just why Hitler was funded by the industrial sector of German Society in his rise to power. That doesn't mean he was right. The question is: Why was he believable to a large number of Germans? Why did so many people follow, and support him?

There is always another point of view besides the one in our society. That is what is learned by reading alternate works.

Nothing is 100% good, as we see with the recent problem of priests and children in the Catholic Church. That doesn't mean the Catholic Church is 100% bad.

JR

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women