Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > The Sandbox
The Sandbox The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT hobby-related, then you're in the right place!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 264
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70423
biomed160635
Yssup Rider59971
gman4452938
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47580
pyramider46370
bambino40333
CryptKicker37085
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35405
Mojojo33117

Old 10-18-2010, 12:27 PM   #31
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

YAWN.......................... ........
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #32
Cheaper2buyit
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

I'll say this first it dosn't bother me one way or other however I do think the rich people really don't need a break they have tax people to find the loopholes so its kinded a waste of time. However I do find non super rich people who rant about giving them breaks stupid but I said I don't care one way or other my tax person is great so there I said it.
Cheaper2buyit is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #33
wellendowed1911
Account Disabled

Encounters: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty dog View Post
YAWN.......................... ........
Yep my topics are so boring, but you take time out of your busy exciting day to respond to this boring thread!!!! Wow! just freaking WOW! There's an old saying DD it goes: Who is the bigger fool? The fool or the one who follows the fool?
In other words when you belittle my threads and say how dumb or useless(your words paraphrased) my threads are, but then respond to them- you fit the perfect meaning of the old saying above.
wellendowed1911 is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:13 PM   #34
kcmark
Gaining Momentum

This is all I have to say on the subject; They have had 10 years to invest that 2% and help the country and the economy, and yet here we are 10 years later and we are still waiting for them to invest in jobs for americans and to help us recover from
and absolutely awful recession, maybe if we give them another 10 years they will but
I wouldnt bet on it!
kcmark is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #35
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911 View Post
Yep my topics are so boring, but you take time out of your busy exciting day to respond to this boring thread!!!! Wow! just freaking WOW! There's an old saying DD it goes: Who is the bigger fool? The fool or the one who follows the fool?
In other words when you belittle my threads and say how dumb or useless(your words paraphrased) my threads are, but then respond to them- you fit the perfect meaning of the old saying above.
Blah, blah, blah, blah
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:29 AM   #36
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmark View Post
This is all I have to say on the subject; They have had 10 years to invest that 2% and help the country and the economy, and yet here we are 10 years later and we are still waiting for them to invest in jobs for americans and to help us recover from
and absolutely awful recession, maybe if we give them another 10 years they will but
I wouldnt bet on it!
That is a good point, but it is hard to tell what effects it would have had otherwise. Also, I don't believe the reduced taxes have been in effect for 10 years.

A little off subject, this is one thing that bothers me about the Democrats and Republicans. The Democrats say without the stimulus, unemployment would have been higher. It is possible, but there is no proof since there was a stimulus. Republicans say without the tax cuts, the current economic situation would have been worse. Once again, there is no proof since there were tax cuts.
kcbigpapa is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:19 AM   #37
Longermonger
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

Yes, it is hard to prove a negative. But those negatives that you are trying to prove aren't the same.

Democrats: If you want to see the effects of the stimulus money, just try removing that same amount of money from the economy and see what happens to employment figures. I think you'll agree that an $800Billion anti-stimulus bill would create a huge mess.

Republicans: The Bush tax cuts were approved and phased in long before the recession started. Those cuts robbed the federal government of hundreds of billions of dollars that could have been spent on an even larger stimulus bill. Translation: large short term gains for the richest, followed by longer term losses for the poorer.

The above chart shows the "gift" that Republican policies will leave for the rest of us.
Longermonger is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #38
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

"Those cuts robbed the federal government of hundreds of billions of dollars that could have been spent on an even larger stimulus bill"

Tax cuts and stimulus are two sides of the same coin. Both are intended to get money into the economy fast. Both involve borrowing Chinese money. The argument is over which method gets money into the economy fastest.

But tax cuts didn't 'rob' the federal governement any more or any less than stimulous 'robbed' the federal government. They are the same thing served on a different platter.

And IMHO neither 'robs' from the federal government. Any action that increases debt robs from our own future. Collectively we are the federal government. Standing alone, the federal government is nothing.

If we are talking about the top 2%, thats worth $700 billion over a ten year period. In this era where trillions are thrown around, $70 billion a year seems to have more political value than monetary value. The 2010 budget was 3.55 trillion...so this whole discussion over taxes on the top 2% actually covers a little less than 2% of the budget.

What does that tell me? Well, I'm pretty sure that the remaining 98% of us can't make up the other 98% of the budget. So, our politicians have got us tricked into discussing the molehill, and shielded us from seeing the mountain.

I don't care about the top 2%...lets look at the real reasons we are in debt.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 03:11 PM   #39
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

The real reason we're in debt? Congress spends too much.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #40
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
The real reason we're in debt? Congress spends too much.
Definitely agree COG.

Here's a question to ponder... Would we be willing to have a tax increase if all increases went to pay off of the national debt? After all, a debt free US would have no economical match. Say it was 5% tax increase for a 15-20 year period. Sure it sucks having to pay more, but are we patriotic enough to agree to this in order to make a much stronger union? At the same time, I would like to see some government programs cut (defense and a lower EIC) or eliminated (projects like Alaska's bridge to nowhere). I know this is idealistic, but I just want to know people's responses to a hypothetical.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:08 PM   #41
jac01
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcbigpapa View Post
Definitely agree COG.

Here's a question to ponder... Would we be willing to have a tax increase if all increases went to pay off of the national debt? After all, a debt free US would have no economical match. Say it was 5% tax increase for a 15-20 year period. Sure it sucks having to pay more, but are we patriotic enough to agree to this in order to make a much stronger union? At the same time, I would like to see some government programs cut (defense and a lower EIC) or eliminated (projects like Alaska's bridge to nowhere). I know this is idealistic, but I just want to know people's responses to a hypothetical.
The problem is that these idiots in Congress have shown time and time again that they cannot be trusted to use the money generated by this type of tax for its intended purpose. Look at how the excess Social Security money has been spent over the years and now the trust fund is full of worthless Harry and Lloyd style IOU's.
jac01 is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 08:02 PM   #42
lacrew_2000
Account Disabled

Encounters: 36

I have voted many times to raise my own taxes (sales tax referendums). I think a large majority would agree to a tax increase, if they had any confidence the money was being spent wisely to reduce debt. But there is no confidence whatsoever in congress.
lacrew_2000 is offline   Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 09:04 PM   #43
kcbigpapa
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac01 View Post
The problem is that these idiots in Congress have shown time and time again that they cannot be trusted to use the money generated by this type of tax for its intended purpose. Look at how the excess Social Security money has been spent over the years and now the trust fund is full of worthless Harry and Lloyd style IOU's.
But Jac, in the hypothetical situation I provided, where all the revenues from the tax increase would go toward the national debt, what would you say? I know that Congress is not responsible, that isn't the question though.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:18 AM   #44
john_galt
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Convenient that the chart starts in 2009 when the democrats took over Congress in 2007. How about going back to 2001 and have some projections about what 9/11 cost this nation?
john_galt is offline   Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:36 AM   #45
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Tax increases

Remove the cap on Social Security witholding beyond $106,000 and it would be funded for a long time.

Remove earmarks from Congress and make them submit a bill for each expenditure.

Let the last increment of the Bush bill expire. You owe something to your country for the opportunities to make the money that you do. Every entreprenuer thinks they did it themselves. This is never reality just ego.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women