Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70497
biomed161137
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453055
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47806
pyramider46370
bambino40462
CryptKicker37109
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-01-2020, 09:44 PM   #31
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
Although not really an Eagles song "Heart of the Matter."

I've seen Van Halen several times since 1977. It's my understanding that on the VH recordings Michael Anthony hit all the high notes and not DLR. I saw him perform with Sammy a year ago and was front row and sure enough, he sang all the high notes. I think Sammy said Michael was "born with a piccolo." I hope he was talking about his singing voice.
''Heart of the Matter'' is great. and Anthony got fucked over by Van Halen, in much the same way as Felder by the eagles.
Hagar made it a point to stay loyal to Anthony, because he, too, got fucked.

Quote:
I saw an interview with Plant and Page (only a few years ago) and they said producers came to them with an ungodly amount of money and an idea of a tour and letting John Bohman's son play drums. They turned it down. I guess they already have an ungodly amount of money.

BTW, when I saw Hagar 1-2 years ago, Bohnam was drumming.
Ungodly money indeed. Plus Plant can't hit the notes anymore. Why fuck up your legacy, even if you can make even more money than you could spend in 4 lifetimes?
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:44 AM   #32
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

I saw a Don Henley interview talking about the most recent incarnations of the band. He mentioned something about they saw the value of keeping the band together. I guess there is never enough money.

There is that, plus the mention that the band members just show up for the show, then go their separate ways until the next show.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 02:26 PM   #33
Ronin3
Premium Access

Encounters: 124

Already Gone. Says it all for me
Ronin3 is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 03:18 PM   #34
00 gauge
Lifetime Premium Access

As gnadfly stated in an earlier post, he saw Sammy play with Bonham's son drumming ..... that's the same group (Sammy Hagar and the Circle) I saw believe it or not just this past February at the San Antonio rodeo ..... that's what so great about Sammy, he will put a band together and play with anybody, plus it's great to see ex Van Halen bass player Michael Anthony singing those high notes ..... but the band I really hope to see some day is Chickenfoot, with Hagar and Anthony, plus Joe Satriani on lead guitar and Chad Smith (from the Red Hot Chili Peppers) on drums ..... Sammy had done a couple of CDs with the Circle and with Chickenfoot and they're all great ..... Sammy must be about 73 years old now, but the dude can still rock out .....
00 gauge is offline   Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 06:05 PM   #35
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boardman View Post
Good explanation on Led Zep but IIRRC there were some legalities to the "incorporation" of Led Zep that prevented them from continuing under that name after Bonham died. Maybe it had something to do with the production company you mentioned. I read a biography on them some years ago. I just don't remember all the details of why they couldn't tour as Led Zep. They toured as Page/Plant for a while I believe. I don't think Jones joined them. It had to be all four or no Led Zep. The story that has been given, is that Bonham had such an effect on their live performances and the music actually changed considerably from the studio cuts mostly because of what he was able to do, they just didn't think another drummer could duplicate what they did on stage. If there was ever such a thing as a lead drummer Bonham was it.

This 10 minute video is great at detailing how much he actually contributed.

potential legaleze notwithstanding, i think it was who Bonham was as a drummer especially live that doomed Led Zep when he died. loudest drum solo i ever heard. played the drums bare handed like bongos. the echo was unbelievable.

i saw the original lineup 3 times in 1977, Indy, Cincy and Louisville.

i also saw the Unleaded tour twice in Indy and St. Louis. legaleze might be why it was called the the Unledded tour. and Jones was apparently not invited and wasn't too happy about it i recall hearing.

it certainly was different hearing Led Zep songs backed by orchestra musicians but it was kool. Kashmir with a string section was amazing.

Quote:
Although not really an Eagles song "Heart of the Matter."

I've seen Van Halen several times since 1977. It's my understanding that on the VH recordings Michael Anthony hit all the high notes and not DLR. I saw him perform with Sammy a year ago and was front row and sure enough, he sang all the high notes. I think Sammy said Michael was "born with a piccolo." I hope he was talking about his singing voice.

saw VH several times starting in 1977 also. last time was 1985 i think in Louisville. they sucked. Eddie was obviously drunk and kept fucking up. Roth wasn't too happy with him and even shouted at him a few times to "get yer shit together, Ed!" short of sobering up that wasn't gonna happen. Roth apparently didn't party while on tour so Eddie's partying was part of the issue he left. the other was differences in VH's musical direction. Eddie wanted a more "pop rock" sound with synthesizers and such, which was the in thing at that time. Roth disagreed.

Quote:
I saw an interview with Plant and Page (only a few years ago) and they said producers came to them with an ungodly amount of money and an idea of a tour and letting John Bohman's son play drums. They turned it down. I guess they already have an ungodly amount of money.

BTW, when I saw Hagar 1-2 years ago, Bohnam was drumming.

i hear they've had big bucks thrown at them more than once. at one point i recall hearing Plant was offered 200-250 million but he would have had to cancel his tour with Allison Krause to do it. he turned it down on principle upfront while also noting that the money was really just to pay off all the inevitable lawsuits and while Plant didn't need the money he wasn't big on a bunch of lawyers taking most of it.

that offer apparently did happen but Plant wanted to tour with Krauss

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/robe...r_led_zeppelin

i also recall Richard Branson offering at least 800 million perhaps even 1 billion and Plant turned that down too. that apparently didn't really happen .. just another interwebs rumor.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...in-reformation

Plant wanted the O2 show to be their .. wait for it .. Swan Song. bahhaa

none of the remaining three were happy with Live Aid, it did suck. Plant especially didn't like it. having two drummers wasn't such a good idea either, let's face it Phil Collins .. you ain't John Bonhan. they also weren't overly big about the set they did even with Jason for the Atlantic records 40rh anniversary.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/why-...-wont-reunite/

clearly the biggest issue with these two shows is the fact they didn't really have time to properly rehearse. they did for the O2 show and of course it showed in their performance.

i don't thnik there is any chance today of a tour or even a one off show again.

probably for the better really. none of them needs the money but i wonder how Jones can get up in the morning worth "only" a paltry 90 mil while Page clocks in at 180 and Plant 200 m. yeah .. that morning cup of tea must taste bitter.

BAHHAAAAAAAA
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:36 AM   #36
VitaMan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 69

While we are including other rock groups, what about the Bee Gees ? Incredible legacy of songs.

Who can guess which song was the first one that Barry Gibb used his falsetto......without looking it up.
From then on, that became the sound of the Bee Gees.
VitaMan is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:43 AM   #37
Cendell M
It’s a vibe 💋

User ID: 355668
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

^^Good thread i love the Bee Gee’s I’m not sure about your question but my favorite song is “How deep is your love” and “More than a women”

I saw Earth Wind and Fire at the Majestic Theater years ago in San Antonio ant they were awesome.

“Too Much Heaven” I think there’s just to many to choose a fav. I’m listening to the greatest hits right now and Andy Gibbs just has a special voice as well
Cendell M is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:39 AM   #38
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
''Heart of the Matter'' is great. and Anthony got fucked over by Van Halen, in much the same way as Felder by the eagles.
Hagar made it a point to stay loyal to Anthony, because he, too, got fucked.
Correct. I heard that VH rearranged Anthony's percentage at the fourth VH record. He had no choice. Then again he didn't write songs and good bassists are plentiful. What VH did to get Alex's son to replace him in the band was inexuseable. They didn't tell Anthony and it appears Alex and Eddie manuevered for at least a year to make it happen. Anthony seems over it.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 11:55 AM   #39
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Correct. I heard that VH rearranged Anthony's percentage at the fourth VH record. He had no choice. Then again he didn't write songs and good bassists are plentiful. What VH did to get Alex's son to replace him in the band was inexuseable. They didn't tell Anthony and it appears Alex and Eddie manuevered for at least a year to make it happen. Anthony seems over it.
It was Eddie's son who replaced Anthony, not Alex's son.

Bassists are plentiful, but a guy who pounds a Jack Daniels Bass has to command more respect!
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 07:59 PM   #40
The_Waco_Kid
BANNED

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
It was Eddie's son who replaced Anthony, not Alex's son.

Bassists are plentiful, but a guy who pounds a Jack Daniels Bass has to command more respect!

yeah it was Ed's boy Wolfgang. Eddie did fuck Micheal Anthony over . even claimed at one point he had to "teach" him how to play bass? this after he'd been VH's bass player for a couple decades?

if you say so Eddie.

but since he's worth about 70M i don't think he cares what Eddie says these days

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...ony-net-worth/

Eddie isn't worth a lot more at a "meager" 100M

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...len-net-worth/

big brother Alex comes in right below Eddie at 95M

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...len-net-worth/

and poor old Dave Lee Roth .. a mere 60M.

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/ri...oth-net-worth/

how can he stand it??

BASHHAAAAAA

Best VH song IMO ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtwBFz6lfrY

this song made me a VH fan the moment i heard it
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 12:49 PM   #41
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Life in the Fast Lane is awesome. Call the doctor I think I'm gonna crash, doctor say he's coming but you gotta pay in cash!!!

Witchy Woman, I swear is about my current ATF. Raven Hair and Ruby Lips, sparks fly from her fingertips. I get a chub when i hear that song with the indian drums start. LOL.
Daddio is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women