Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70472
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47759
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 02-21-2018, 04:46 PM   #421
gfejunkie
2016 County by County Map

You know... When I saw all those students doing their various marches and protests today all I could think about is how the biggest majority of them are going to go home tonight, flip on their video games, and SHOOT'EM UP.

They won't get the connection either.

The attraction to those things eludes me.
gfejunkie is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:49 PM   #422
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Question It's got nothing to do with guns. (period)

It's a mental defect due to bad programing. It's just as easily could be a car, airplane, truck, pressure cooker, machette or some other IED and who knows what not from a 3D printer.

I listened to TRUMP's listening session today. Clearly it's a multi-faceted problem. Schools do have plans, they are just not effective enough today. For example; I happened to be at a school during a lock down drill. After the drill we talked about it with the kiddos. I asked where they went and then where I went. They went where they were told to go, basically as far from the door as possible. I went to right next to the door, just out of sight of the glass in it. They were a little surprised by that. And yes Virginia, anyone coming through that door would have less commitment than I would.

Anyway, one thing I heard in that listening session today is that we have a lot of well trained ex-military in our society that could be called upon in some form or fashion. While not mentioned, we also have the National Guard, not to mention many teachers that are already certified concealed carry. Point being, we have well trained resources if we want to leverage them. It's just a small matter of commitment and $$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Dude View Post
First, you should maybe look up the definitely of a fad. School shootings aren't a fad. They've occurred too often over a long period of time to be considered that. Second, what an idiotic thing to say, if one school shooting didn't happen at the beginning, there would be none now. That's some moronic logic. So if one person had never drunk too much and got in a car the first time, no one would have ever done it? No. It was going to happen because we have guns and we have people who want to hurt people for varies reasons (including themselves). Thirdly, your plan is idiotic in that the people doing the shootings are the kids who would have had the training you talk about. For a plan to be effective, you would have to teach the kids what to do, where to go. And your shooter would know these things. You can arm your coaches and principals but they aren't trained for combat. You can know how to shoot a gun but that doesn't mean you have the skills to hit a moving target, or be accurate when someone is shooting at you, or that you have the ability to take someone else's life. Those people would also have no idea the number of shooters or how skilled the shooters are. If you send people to deal with a group that outnumbers them, they are probably gonna end up killed. If you send them to against people who are trained better and willing to kill, they could die. Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Your plan isn't going to stop a determined kid from killing students.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:24 PM   #423
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...31223002894337
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 07:36 PM   #424
assfucker
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Dude View Post
It's the new law of Conservation of Truth: For every Trump quote, there's an equal but opposite Trump quote.

But, his idiot followers will say 'he's evolving' even though they don't believe in evolution.
assfucker is offline   Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 09:54 PM   #425
Little Monster
Valued Poster

Encounters: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfejunkie View Post
You know... When I saw all those students doing their various marches and protests today all I could think about is how the biggest majority of them are going to go home tonight, flip on their video games, and SHOOT'EM UP.

They won't get the connection either.

The attraction to those things eludes me.
Do you have any form of proof to back this up, or are you just talking out of your ass as usual???
Little Monster is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 04:10 AM   #426
gfejunkie

It's an opinion based on experience. I'm sure you have a few of those.

Illustrative, No?

Old 02-22-2018, 06:05 AM   #427
gfejunkie

It's all matter of transition based on the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Point being, we have well trained resources if we want to leverage them. It's just a small matter of commitment and $$.
Not necessarily. Since I'm retired I do have a few hours a day I could volunteer. A few well placed CCPs could go a long way towards hardening soft targets. They could even legislate such a program (yet, secretly not enforce or put it into effect.) Subterfuge works. These school shooters are not looking for a gun fight. They're looking for a slaughter.

Just removing the stigma of "gun-free zones" would make a perp think twice. Just by letting them know they MAY meet some resistance.

Even if it's just in their own minds. Uncertainty is the demon of the paranoid.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:16 PM   #428
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Thumbs up Thank you for your service

Indeed!

Gun free zone = killing field

Seems it would be simple to add this to the list of potential post enlistment requirements - assuming you pass some additional screenings. Don't be needing someone more whacked-out than the whack-jobs they are there to deter. Juss say'n.

Quote:
It's all matter of transition based on the situation.

Just removing the stigma of "gun-free zones" would make a perp think twice. Just by letting them know they MAY meet some resistance. >

Even if it's just in their own minds. Uncertainty is the demon of the paranoid.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:09 AM   #429
assfucker
Account Disabled

So how bout that armed guard argument? Not exactly a gun free zone...

Can we just execute everyone named Scott Peterson?
Old 02-23-2018, 05:30 AM   #430
gfejunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by assfucker View Post

Cowards need not apply. I suspect the libtards will try to somehow make the guy out to be a hero because he didn't give in to the urge to fire his weapon. They're always 180 degrees out of phase.

Grow a pair.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:00 AM   #431
assfucker
Account Disabled

Quote:
Cowards need not apply. I suspect the libtards will try to somehow make the guy out to be a hero because he didn't give in to the urge to fire his weapon. They're always 180 degrees out of phase.

Grow a pair.
It's easy to armchair quarterback this one. But let's face facts. Pistol vs AR isn't the best odds especially against a shooter with no plans to make it out alive. I'm still going in, but probably not coming out. He obviously didn't like those odds. Sad thing is odds are he'll be eating his own gun soon.

And you have a really distorted view of reality if you think anyone will make him a hero. It's gotta be sad in your binary world.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:55 AM   #432
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Cool Or was it?

Apparently, the inside of the school still was a gun free zone - tragically. BTW: How did a kid waltz into a school with a rifle, which would be around 30+ inches long, weighing 9-10 lbs., in the first place? And what's up with a 20 minute tape delay anyway?

Now had the FBI arrested everyone named Nick Cruz in town before the shooting, we wouldn't be talking about a shooting.

Quote:

Old 02-23-2018, 07:57 AM   #433
gfejunkie

Quote:
And you have a really distorted view of reality if you think anyone will make him a hero.
The spin begins with this kind of sympathy...

Quote:
Sad thing is odds are he'll be eating his own gun soon.
I know you people. I've watched you too long.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:08 AM   #434
Austin Dude
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:

Grow a pair.

There you go with your making shit up. No one is going to call him a hero because he didn't fire his weapon. You're an idiot.

What happened in this situation cracks holes in the stupid idea that an idiot on here and an idiot in the White House have thrown out. Like logical people have been saying, arming teachers isn't an idea that will work. This guy was a deputy. He was trained. And he didn't have what it took to go in there and face down a man with an AR-15. Yet morons want to believe that teachers will be better equipped to face a student. A student they probably have known for years, who they have some type of connection with. Yeah the odds are that the teacher will freeze or hesitate. The shooter is prepared to kill, and more often than not, prepared to die. The teacher isn't.

So yeah what that deputy did was cowardly. No one has called it heroic, so stop with your bullshit. But maybe look at this person as an example of what will more than likely happen with the ideas your stupid president is proposing.
Austin Dude is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 08:18 AM   #435
assfucker
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
Now had the FBI arrested everyone named Nick Cruz in town before the shooting, we wouldn't be talking about a shooting.
There's the fascism we've come to know and love. GFY.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women