Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 250
Top Posters
DallasRain70448
biomed160817
Yssup Rider60173
gman4452966
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47658
pyramider46370
bambino40397
CryptKicker37102
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35555
Mojojo33117

Old 01-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #4126
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
For example, the Rams did not work out a deal for the draft rights to RG III in early January. Instead, they waited until just prior to the draft and then weighed all offers before finalizing the deal with the Skins! The same held true a few years ago with the Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers deal between the Chargers and the Giants.
See anyone in the draft with the talent level of RG3 or Eli Manning? I didn't think so.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:54 AM   #4127
Solemate62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
See anyone in the draft with the talent level of RG3 or Eli Manning? I didn't think so.
Lol, guess you are not referring to the 'talent' that both QBs displayed This Season!
Solemate62 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:57 AM   #4128
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
See anyone in the draft with the talent level of RG3 or Eli Manning?
Had you asked the same question in January during the years that Tom Brady, Drew Brees and/or Aaron Rodgers came out you probably would have said "I didn't think so" at that time, as well.

My point is simply that we have no way of knowing who will emerge or just how good they will become. I said previously that grading draft prospects, especially at the quarterback position, is an inexact science, at best.

Fuel for further thought: Just because Big Louie may not believe (in early January) that there is a legitimate #1 it certainly does not mean that all 32 NFL GM's will agree with your assessment on Draft Day 2014.

Let's give it some time and see what develops! If nothing else, I have plenty of patience!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:16 PM   #4129
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

I agree, Eli and RG3 sucked this year and both regressed tremendously. I would bet the skins would seriously consider trading RG3for the #1 pick and roll with Cousins. I am not sure I want RG3, jury is definitely still out on him now that he is slower than he used to be.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:43 PM   #4130
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemate62 View Post
Lol, guess you are not referring to the 'talent' that both QBs displayed This Season!
It doesn't matter what they did this season or next, what matters was the perception before they were drafted. Right now NO ONE has the buzz that makes GMs want to move up.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:42 PM   #4131
Solemate62
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

I agree, BL, was just having a little fun! Trying to forget that KC choke debacle of last night!
Solemate62 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #4132
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Right now NO ONE has the buzz that makes GMs want to move up.
Then again, there MAY be an individual who creates enough buzz that will make at least one GM want to move up by the time the Texans go on the clock.

If not, the Texans will certainly make their decision known within 15 minutes!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 03:50 PM   #4133
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Yes that is true, but the evaluation process really kicks into full gear now. Maybe somebody will blow the GM's away at the combine, I am sure a few of them will puss out and not throw like always. Clowney might blow somebody away with his measurables!!! Maybe some other guys too. I hope we get JFF and another good pick or 2, I don't want to face another season like this ever again!! Fuck Kubes and Fuck Dopey, happy Fucking new year!! LOL.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:12 PM   #4134
spear88
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

I think Manzell has the possibility to be one of the all time greats. He has the natural ability not seen since Archie Manning.
spear88 is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:52 PM   #4135
bambino
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
At this point in time, I am not willing to go out on a limb and predict that "no one seems to be willing to give up extra picks for him." As of today, none of us know (with any degree of certainty) who "him" will end up being. The chances of a trade taking place for the #1 pick of the 2014 NFL Draft in early January are somewhere between 'slim' and 'none'.

For example, the Rams did not work out a deal for the draft rights to RG III in early January. Instead, they waited until just prior to the draft and then weighed all offers before finalizing the deal with the Skins! The same held true a few years ago with the Eli Manning/Phillip Rivers deal between the Chargers and the Giants.

I personally believe the Texans will keep the pick and take Bridgewater! But that is just speculation (not a recommendation) on my part. Nothing more!

Let's see if any "pure diamonds" emerge from the Indy Combines (or through free agency) and revisit the likely trade scenarios a week or two before the May Draft.
I agree, Teddy and Manziel just declared for the draft last week. Huntley said today he is staying. Bortels hasn't said yet. I suspect he will come out this year. He has nothing to gain by staying and barring a complete meltdown or injury, Winston will be the first QB taken next year. However, if Bortles comes out, I think OBrien would choose him over Teddy. Just my opinion.
bambino is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:23 PM   #4136
Dorian Gray
Premium Access

Encounters: 58

Dorian Gray is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:49 PM   #4137
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambino View Post
However, if Bortles comes out, I think OBrien would choose him over Teddy. Just my opinion.
Bortles announced he is coming out but don't expect BOB to take him as Bortles has issues. He needs to grow in terms pocket awareness and route progression, his biggest current weakness is inconsistent accuracy. In UCF's bowl game, Bortles threw several passes that forced his receivers to adjust, missing out on yards after the catch, or missed them entirely. Basically he is way behind BOTH Teddy and Johnny.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:03 PM   #4138
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Here is how I expect the draft to go

1. Texans - Bridgewater
2. Rams - CLowney
3. Jacksonville - Bortles because he is from UCF
4. Cleveland - Manziel
5. Oakland - A QB maybe but most likely Barr
Old 01-05-2014, 09:38 PM   #4139
BigLouie
Valued Poster

This from CBS Sports:

NFL Media analyst Bucky Brooks expressed serious reservations regarding Bortles' overnight coronation and questioned his long-term future.

"I see a good player with a lot of upside, but I don't see a transcendent star that will significantly change the fortunes of a dismal franchise. Now, that doesn't mean he can't be an effective starter for a team, but I believe it will take him some time to develop into a solid player as a pro," Brooks said.

NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah concurred, likening Bortles to Tennessee Titans quarterback Jake Locker, who has been erratic in his three-year career.

Bortles (6-foot-4, 230 pounds) was largely unknown coming into this season, but that all changed after leading the Knight to a 12-1 record, the American Athletic Conference championship, and a win over Baylor in the Fiesta Bowl.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:16 PM   #4140
logitech1
Account Disabled

we should take Blake Bortles!

Bill Obrien likes big quarterbacks so not sure he takes bridgewater
logitech1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women