Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70481
biomed161054
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453039
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47775
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 09-25-2019, 12:41 PM   #391
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunMonday View Post
It does not stipulate a murder conviction but we can assume she will receive probation for a lessor offense. I’m pretty sure Murder will get her at least 10 years
Murder is a minimum of 5 years.

https://www.texascrimelaw.com/murder...ide-cases.html

good move on the part of Amber's lawyer, anticipating a lesser charge, and insisting on Probation. no way will she be convicted of Murder.

which then leads to my prediction, where I had said I thought she would get 6 months, and there would be no riots in Dallas.

when Amber gets probation after conviction for manslaughter or criminal negligence, AND probation is handed down, all bets are off on the rioting.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:56 PM   #392
FunMonday
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

I’m sure the wife of Amber’s partner is less than overjoyed to be connected to this shit show. What a mess.
FunMonday is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 12:59 PM   #393
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101

Whether she is found not guilty or guilty,

whether she gets probation or 6 months or years if she is found guilty,

some folks SHOULD NOT RIOT.

PERIOD.

Did you see WHITE FOLKS RIOT

when O.J. Simpsons was found not guilty?

NOPE!
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:44 PM   #394
DathBane1986
Valued Poster

Encounters: 24

She was more concerned for her own ass then rendering aid to a man who was on the floor bleeding as his life left his body if she doesn’t get convicted which unfortunately I believe she’s going to get off, it’s gonna be really really sad.
DathBane1986 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:34 PM   #395
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Some more bad testimony for the State today. We’re still in the State’s case in chief. You have to wonder why in the hell they called this guy. I’m sure it was to testify about something else, but damned if I don’t think I could have figured out a different way to get that evidence in other that calling this guy and taking this much water.

“Armstrong testified that he led a team that interviewed 297 of the 349 residents at the apartment complex, and 15 percent — 46 of those interviewed — had walked to the wrong floor and put their key in the door. The percentage was higher for residents on the third and fourth floors, where 38 residents had gotten confused.

Of all the residents interviewed, Armstrong said 93 of the residents interviewed had previously parked on the wrong floor in the parking garage, 76 of them residents living on the third or fourth floor.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cour...-murder-trial/
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:42 PM   #396
CG2014
Premium Access

What kind of fucked up poorly designed apartment building is that?

Are there no or not enough signage indicating floors and garage parking levels?

Even at multi level malls with parking garages or at office buildings with parking garages,

you will not end up on the wrong floor or on the wrong parking garage level.

Everything is clearly marked with plenty of signage.

Also who the fuck came up with the idea of using key cards in apartments?

It's bad enough they make you use those key cards in hotels but in apartments?

Why?

To keep track of how often each tenant and resident come and go each day

and during what times of the days or nights

and whether their doors are open more often at night than during the day

or viceversa?

Don't try to tell me there is no computer system that's keeping track of each time a key card is used

and each time the door to a unit is open and closed,

because I know there is.
Old 09-25-2019, 04:13 PM   #397
Marcus78
Premium Access

Encounters: 50

You cannot receive probation on a murder conviction from a judge or jury in Texas as of 2007/2008; I forget which year. Filing an application for probation happens in every single jury trial because, even if (for example) a person is ineligible due to a prior conviction, the State has to prove it and things go wrong. It doesn't show that they are anticipating anything. In this case, it would be a consideration if the Jury convicts on a lesser-include charge of manslaughter or Criminally negligent homicide. You can, and should, always file a motion for probation otherwise the attorney is probably committing malpractice. There is zero guarantee that she would get probation even if she was only convicted of the lesser-included offense.
Marcus78 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 04:18 PM   #398
Marcus78
Premium Access

Encounters: 50

This is one of the weirdest cases I can remember. She undoubtedly shot, and killed, a person in his home. But it is entirely possible she will walk due to a perfect storm of circumstances. It is terribly sad and tragic that Botham Jean was killed. It appears he was a good person who was gunned down in his own domicile. Likewise, I don't think Amber Guyger would've killed him but for her mistaken entry into his apartment. I am not sure which way this will go.
Marcus78 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:18 PM   #399
oeb11
Valued Poster

Channel 4 fox news - tonight - the Texas Ranger investigator (Armstrong) testified to judge and attorneys - not to the jury - that he felt Guyger did not commit a crime, and her actions were "reasonable" - considering the totality of the case.

There were other questions answered in favor of Guyger.

prosecution objected to the testimony as the Texas Ranger was not "certified expert" - hence that part of the Testimony was not heard before the jury at this time.

See TTH post above.

BTW - I am not an attorney - just noting the news overage.

Very interesting!
oeb11 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 05:42 PM   #400
CG2014
Premium Access

The judge not allowing the Texas Ranger's, who is the lead investigator, testimony to be heard by the jury is BS.

SO MUCH FOR FAIR TRIAL by a JURY OF YOUR PEERS.

Quote:
The judge ruled that David Armstrong, the Ranger who was the lead investigator in the case, could not testify about where he believed Jean was standing when he was shot — nor could he share his opinion about whether Guyger's reaction that night was reasonable.

.... outside the presence of the jury, Armstrong said he didn’t believe that Guyger had committed a crime. He was the lead investigator on the shooting, and the Ranger who obtained Guyger’s arrest warrant on a manslaughter charge three days after the shooting.

“After finishing your investigation and looking at the totality of the circumstances and considering everything, do you believe today that you have probable cause to believe that Amber Guyger committed a crime?” asked one of Guyger’s attorneys, Robert Rogers.
"Based on the totality of the circumstances, based on the complete investigation, no, sir," Armstrong said, noting that he believed Guyger acted reasonably and perceived Jean as a deadly threat.
Old 09-25-2019, 05:56 PM   #401
billw1032
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG2014 View Post
Also who the fuck came up with the idea of using key cards in apartments? It's bad enough they make you use those key cards in hotels but in apartments? Why?
They make sense to me. Physical keys are easy to duplicate. What hotel or apartment complex wants former residents out there with a key that still works to the room or apartment? Changing the code in a key card lock is much quicker and easier than re-keying a physical lock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG2014 View Post
Don't try to tell me there is no computer system that's keeping track of each time a key card is used and each time the door to a unit is open and closed, because I know there is.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is correct, but the upside is that they know every time someone from housekeeping or maintenance goes through the door. That's handy information in case of trouble later, or if something of high value goes missing.
billw1032 is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:03 PM   #402
CG2014
Premium Access

Now many hotels even go one tech step further.

You unlock the door to your hotel room with your cell phone and the hotel app.

You no longer get a plastic key card.
Old 09-25-2019, 06:30 PM   #403
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunMonday View Post
I’m sure the wife of Amber’s partner is less than overjoyed to be connected to this shit show. What a mess.
So he is/was married at the time?
Hey, I'm out of town this week but thanks to all you guys for your posts. You all have kept me more UTD than local news sites. Although NBC'S live stream updates have been helpful.
I also cannot understand why the judge struck the Texas Rangers testimony.
It's not like he is some amateur speculating about a murder scene. This is what he does for a living.
TheWanderer is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:28 PM   #404
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 122

Did I hear this correctly on the news? One of the prosecutors and one of the jurors has or had a “relationship” together??? WTF?
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 09:20 PM   #405
CG2014
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolongus View Post
Did I hear this correctly on the news? One of the prosecutors and one of the jurors has or had a “relationship” together??? WTF?
Testimony was delayed Wednesday morning after Kemp (the JUDGE) told attorneys a female juror had a "professional relationship" with Armstrong (the Texas Ranger, lead investigator).
The juror was questioned in private about the matter, and testimony continued Wednesday with no apparent change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
I also cannot understand why the judge struck the Texas Rangers testimony.
It's not like he is some amateur speculating about a murder scene. This is what he does for a living.
That may come back to bite the prosecution later and work in favor of Guyger if she is found guilty of anything.

There has been cases of people who have been in prison or on DEATH ROW for 10 years,

20 years or more who have been exonerated and released

after evidence came out that during their trial,

evidence was withheld from jurors by the prosecution

or jurors were not allowed to hear testimony that would or would not have otherwise affected their verdict.

If you ask me, I think the judge is being biased by not allowing the testimony of the Texas Rangers.

She also did nothing when the DA violated the gag order Sunday night by giving a TV interview and talking about the case before the first day of trial on Monday.

She also denied the change of venue.

She gets brownie points if she wins this case.

Judges are elected, aren't they?

Every 4 years and 6 years in Texas depending on what type of judges they are.

She will get more votes at re-election time especially BLACK votes, if she wins this case.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women