Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47752
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 07-06-2014, 09:32 AM   #316
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:36 AM   #317
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post

I would put Iraq more on Cheney and all the Democrats that went along even after the WMD inspectors had found nothing and wanted more time....and of course people like you who were gung ho to get us into that war.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #318
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I would put Iraq more on Cheney and all the Democrats that went along even after the WMD inspectors had found nothing and wanted more time....and of course people like you who were gung ho to get us into that war.
I agree somewhat! I believe that Cheney and Rummy both felt that the elder and smarter Bush held them back during the early 90's and this was their final opportunity to complete the Mission they hoped to Accomplish 10-12 years earlier.

I further believe that Cheney and Rummy convinced Bush the Dumber that the spring of 2003 invasion was necessary and the Shrub bought into it, hook, line and sinker. Unfortunately, so did many members (both Democratic and Republican) of the US Congress.

In any event, Shrubya ("The Decider" In Chief) had the final say and he is ultimately responsible for authorizing an invasion that would end up costing 4500+ American their lives and 1 trillion taxpayer dollars.

It was without a doubt, the worst American foreign policy decision in the Post Vietnam War era! There is NOT a close 2nd! Let us all hope there will never be a worse foreign policy decision made in the future, by an American President.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:22 AM   #319
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I posted the following (related) excerpt from an article a few weeks ago:

"The argument for going to war in Iraq was clearly made. Over and over again, Saddam Hussein was said to be a turn-of-the-millennium Hitler, a madman bent on destroying America with his stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction. Of course, that turned out to be false, but at the time, the justification was no mystery."

"The word "weapons" shows up 1,107 times in the Congressional Record during the period when the House and Senate were voting to grant President George W. Bush the authority to use force against Iraq. The more specific "weapons of mass [destruction or murder]" comes up 368 times."

"The word "freedom" shows up 118 times in the Congressional Record during the authorization votes, but it's generally in reference to securing freedom for America, and only occasionally for Iraqis. The word "liberate" shows up 12 times. And that's mostly in reference to Kuwait."

In fact, Condi took it a step further when she made the following claim:

"The problem here is that there will always be some uncertainty about how quickly he can acquire nuclear weapons. But we don't want the smoking gun to be a mushroom cloud."

Please note: Condi referenced a "mushroom cloud," not "freedom."

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/01/10/wbr....html?_s=PM:US

My argument all along has been (and still remains) that there would have been justification for an invasion had there been conclusive evidence indicating that Iraq had the capability to manufacture nuclear weapons at the time. And quite frankly, that is the specific reason the UN Inspectors were in place during the months leading up to the ill fated and ill advised, spring of 2003 invasion of Iraq. The Weapons Inspectors were there specifically to determine whether Iraq had nuclear capability at the time. There was no other reason for them to be in place during the weeks and months leading up to the spring of 2003 invasion of Iraq.

I said at the time (in another forum), let's give the Inspectors time to complete their mission. Hans Blix even put a specific time period on how long it would take (weapons inspectors) to complete their task. That being approximately 6 months. If the Inspectors were to find nuclear capability, a targeted invasion would have been justified (something along the lines of GHW Bush's invasion during the early 90's). Instead the U.N. Inspectors were removed from Iraq, the invasion occurred and the rest is sordid history.

Despite your repeated efforts to portray the spring of 2003 invasion as something noble, it turned into the worst US foreign policy blunder since the Vietnam War. Even Glen Beck now agrees the spring of 2003 invasion proved to be a mistake.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/0...ht-107981.html

The invasion itself ultimately cost us 4500+ American lives and approximately $1 trillion taxpayer dollars. Iraq turned into one of, if not the, leading reason that the Democratic nominee won the next two Presidential elections. You can hide your eyes in the sand if you like.

But the fact remains:

The spring of 2003 invasion of Iraq was a HUGE mistake.

Quit trying to put lipstick on a pig (Darth Cheney), you will never make ol' "Dick" attractive.
The word "Independence" doesn't show up one, single, solitary time in the Declaration of Independence; hence, "word count" means little to nothing, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:26 AM   #320
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
The word "Independence" doesn't show up one, single, solitary time in the Declaration of Independence; hence, "word count" means little to nothing
IB of the House of Idiot, that very well may be true! The Declaration was a different age and a different time. That being the case it does not alter the fact that "the word "weapons" shows up 1,107 times in the Congressional Record during the period when the House and Senate were voting to grant President George W. Bush the authority to use force against Iraq. The more specific "weapons of mass [destruction or murder]" comes up 368 times."

It is hard to ignore those simple facts, ain't it Idiot Boy Hankering?
Old 07-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #321
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
IB of the House of Idiot, that may be true! But that does not alter the fact that "the word "weapons" shows up 1,107 times in the Congressional Record during the period when the House and Senate were voting to grant President George W. Bush the authority to use force against Iraq. The more specific "weapons of mass [destruction or murder]" comes up 368 times."

It's funny you should admit so, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat, considering how much effort you put into *jumping to wrong conclusions* and splashing about in your stupidity. You ignore, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat, that each time W made reference to a U.N. Resolution by number, he was in fact referring to documents full of words you are presently and willfully ignoring.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #322
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
that each time W made reference to a U.N. Resolution by number, he was in fact referring to documents full of words you are presently and willfully ignoring.
So says Idiot Boy Hankering!

I'm sure that Poppy Idiot (The Patriarch) is proud of his dumber twin offspring!

Speaking of Poppy, he and Hating Kayla sure nailed it when they named you Idiot Boy Hankering.

Kudos to the Patriarch and Matriarch!
Old 07-06-2014, 12:00 PM   #323
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
So says Idiot Boy Hankering!

I'm sure that "Poppy" AKA LLIdiot, (The Patriarch) is proud of his dumber twin offspring!

Speaking of "Poppy," he and Hating Kayla sure nailed it when they appropriately named you Idiot Boy Hankering

Kudos to the Patriarch and Matriarch!
See how easily you *jump to wrong conclusions* and splash about in your stupidity, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat; but that doesn't change the facts one iota!?! It remains, "word count" means little to nothing, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat, especially when the likes of your stupid-ass refuse to account properly for ALL of the words.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:02 PM   #324
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
See how easily you *jump to wrong conclusions*
IB of the House of Idiot, who is it that was jumping to conclusions? It was you when you chose to ignore the fact that "the word "weapons" shows up 1,107 times in the Congressional Record during the period when the House and Senate were voting to grant President George W. Bush the authority to use force against Iraq. The more specific "weapons of mass [destruction or murder]" comes up 368 times."

Old 07-06-2014, 12:08 PM   #325
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
IB of the House of Idiot, who is it that is jumping to conclusions? It was you when you chose to ignore the fact that "the word "weapons" shows up 1,107 times in the Congressional Record during the period when the House and Senate were voting to grant President George W. Bush the authority to use force against Iraq. The more specific "weapons of mass [destruction or murder]" comes up 368 times."

It is hard to ignore those simple facts, ain't it Idiot Boy Hankering
?
And as demonstrated to your dumb-ass earlier, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat, your "word count" "is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."
Old 07-06-2014, 12:13 PM   #326
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
signifying nothing.
Signifying nothing to IB of the House of Idiot. But to the educated world it signifies that "the word "weapons" shows up 1,107 times in the Congressional Record during the period when the House and Senate were voting to grant President George W. Bush the authority to use force against Iraq. The more specific "weapons of mass [destruction or murder]" comes up 368 times."

Old 07-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #327
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I agree somewhat! I believe that Cheney and Rummy both felt that the elder and smarter Bush held them back during the early 90's and this was their final opportunity to complete the Mission they hoped to Accomplish 10-12 years earlier.
Do you also "believe" in SantaClaus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny?

Check with WTF ... he thinks those are religious concepts.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #328
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Excellent description of your post.
So, according to BitTitsLiar, the original implementing U.N. resolution for the verification of the destruction of Iraq's WMD's ... is "BULLSHIT"?

Is that because you "believe".... so it is so? You "believe" this is ...

"BULLSHIT"????

BT, as for your agenda and "mission" for the U.N. Weapon Inspectors:

http://www.armscontrol.org/act/2002_10/iraqspecialoct02

In 1991 ... "permanent cease-fire agreement" ...

...Iraq to eliminate under international supervision its BIOLOGICAL, CHEMICAL, AND NUCLEAR WEAPONS PROGRAMS .."

http://www.casi.org.uk/info/undocs/gopher/s91/4

RESOLUTION 687 (1991)

Adopted by the Security Council at its 2981st meeting,
on 3 April 1991

The Security Council,

"7. Invites Iraq to reaffirm unconditionally its obligations under the
Geneva Protocol for the Prohibition of the Use in War of Asphyxiating, Poisonous or Other Gases, and of Bacteriological Methods of Warfare, signed at Geneva on 17 June 1925, and to ratify the Convention on the Prohibition of the Development, Production and Stockpiling of Bacteriological (Biological) and
Toxin Weapons and on Their Destruction, of 10 April 1972;

8. Decides that Iraq shall unconditionally accept the destruction,
removal, or rendering harmless, under international supervision, of:

(a) All chemical and biological weapons and all stocks of agents and all related subsystems and components and all research, development, support and manufacturing facilities;

(b) All ballistic missiles with a range greater than 150 kilometres and related major parts, and repair and production facilities;

9. Decides, for the implementation of paragraph 8 above, the following:

(a) Iraq shall submit to the Secretary-General, within fifteen days of
the adoption of the present resolution, a declaration of the locations, amounts and types of all items specified in paragraph 8 and agree to urgent, on-site inspection as specified below;

(b) The Secretary-General, in consultation with the appropriate
Governments and, where appropriate, with the Director-General of the World Health Organization, within forty-five days of the passage of the present resolution, shall develop, and submit to the Council for approval, a plan calling for the completion of the following acts within forty-five days of such approval:

(i) The forming of a Special Commission, which shall carry out immediate on-site inspection of Iraq's biological, chemical and missile capabilities, based on Iraq's declarations and the designation of any additional locations by the Special Commission itself;

(ii) The yielding by Iraq of possession to the Special Commission for
destruction, removal or rendering harmless, taking into account the
requirements of public safety, of all items specified under paragraph
8 (a) above, including items at the additional locations designated
by the Special Commission under paragraph 9 (b) (i) above and the
destruction by Iraq, under the supervision of the Special commission, of all its missile capabilities, including launchers, as specified under paragraph 8 (b) above;

(iii) The provision by the Special Commission of the assistance and
cooperation to the Director-General of the International Atomic
Energy Agency required in paragraphs 12 and 13 below;"

The U.N. Resolutions are "BULLSHIT" ....

And you have the audacity to call anyone an "idiot"?

You are a fool.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #329
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Signifying nothing to IB of the House of Idiot. But to the educated world it signifies that "the word "weapons" shows up 1,107 times in the Congressional Record during the period when the House and Senate were voting to grant President George W. Bush the authority to use force against Iraq. The more specific "weapons of mass [destruction or murder]" comes up 368 times."

It is hard to ignore those simple facts, ain't it Idiot Boy Hankering
?[/SIZE]
You're the one that is *jumping over facts* -- each and every cited U.N. resolution and all of those words -- and staying stupidly and blissfully wet splashing about in ignorance, BigKoTex: the BUTTer Bar ASShat.
Old 07-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #330
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Do you also "believe" in SantaClaus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny?

Check with WTF ... he thinks those are religious concepts.

Awwwww, did Idiot Boy Hankering go running to the Patriarch cause the big, bad bully was picking on him.

It's nice to see "Poppy" rushing to the defense of his Idiot Boy!

Quote:
[COLOR="Black"][SIZE="3"]*jumping over facts*
It is IB of the House of Idiot who is guilty of *jumping over the facts*, when he chooses to ignore"the word "weapons" shows up 1,107 times in the Congressional Record during the period when the House and Senate were voting to grant President George W. Bush the authority to use force against Iraq. The more specific "weapons of mass [destruction or murder]" comes up 368 times."

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women