Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Houston > The Sandbox - Houston
The Sandbox - Houston The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70469
biomed160988
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453026
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47744
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 11-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #301
TheDon
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

I've got faith and confidence in Leinart. But I think we will have to watch at least a couple of games before giving any input on the guy. He will have time to prepare though, that's for sure.

It's just a shame that Schaub, Dre, and Foster only got to play for one quarter this year, and that Tate, Foster, Schaub and Dre didn't play at all together.

Just life in the NFL, I guess.
TheDon is offline   Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #302
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post

TJ Yates is the third string QB. Some chatter that he's better than Leinert.
Chatter started by fry cooks from McDonald's.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 AM   #303
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satin View Post
BT, come on man, you're too up and down bro....you're scaring me. We're fine playa. Leinart is a tough, left handed Heisman winning QB. Sure, he fucks a lot of freaks in hot tubs but he's good enough to get us to the promise land. We have a great offensive line and a great running game. Remember, hand the ball off and throw check-down passes. Say that over and over a thousand times....
I do not believe it is quite as simple as "hand the ball off and throw check down passes." It sounds good but at the end of the day it is much more than that. I believe it is just as much about being able to read the defenses and knowing when, where and how to deliver the ball. Those are the intangibles that Schaub seems to be very good at. Those type of intangibles will not show up in the weekly stat sheets. There is no way to know if Leinart will be as good. More often than not, Schaub is able to deliver the ball in the right place and at the right time. To think that Leinart will be able to step in and perform at Schaub's level is a far reach at this point in time. At least it is for me!

I have lowered my expectations since Monday morning. I thought at that time that a 12-4 regular season record and a possible Super Bowl appearance was reachable. I no longer feel that way. I hope Leinart will be very successful but I believe the best we can hope for would be 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs. I have said previously and I will say again. I hope we will begin the 2012 football season with a legitimate quarterback controversy. If that ends up being the case, Leinart will have done as well as we could have possibly hoped for.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:57 AM   #304
Satin
Valued Poster

BT, of course I realize that, but that's the basic formula or game plan approach he needs to take. I'm not sure I'm completely sold on Dopey's decision making all the time either, but you're right, we don't know what we have with Leinart until he gets in there.....

On a more positive note, you gotta be excited about ESPN gameday coming to Cougarland right? That should be exciting. It's ironic with all the ridiculous records Case sets, all they talk about is Luck. Yeah, I understand why, but it's still kinda annoying sometimes....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #305
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

The Coogs deserve Gameday, but SMU? Com'n Man!!! SMU is 6-4, Com'n Man!!

Keenum deserves the Heisman before Luck, Weeden also.

Matt Leinert has not earned his nickname yet and i hope he doesn't. Satin have you seen Matty in the Strip Clubs? If not that is a good sign for footballin! Late.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 10:52 AM   #306
O'Mike
Premium Access

Encounters: 51

Question for the Gurus.

Does the injury to Schaub give Kubiak another year with the team if they don't get into the playoffs or get blown out in the first round?

Go Coogs,
O'Mike is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:09 AM   #307
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Mike View Post
Question for the Gurus.

Does the injury to Schaub give Kubiak another year with the team if they don't get into the playoffs or get blown out in the first round?

Go Googs,
I think so. How many quarters have we played, in the regular season, with Schaub, Foster, Andre, Daniels in the same huddle? Maybe one quarter in ten games.

Kubiak can point to this factor and that we very highly successful on offense without the complete offensive players.

Kubiak can point to the fact that his defensive problems are behind him, even with Mario and Manning out.

I know this may not be a popular comment, because there are still a lot of anti Schaub and anti Kubiak feelings on several forums, but Kubaik and Smith have put together a real fine team. We lose Manning, plug in another player, we lose Mario, plug in another player, we lose Foster, plug in another player. Texan management has actually done a great job putting this team together. Kubiak and his staff are doing a very good job playing with the injuries they've had to play with.

No, unless we have some sort of Indy Colt meltdown, I don't think Kubiaks job is in jeopardy.
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:10 PM   #308
Satin
Valued Poster

Good question but nah, Kubes is fine. I've never had any issues with him. I know the record and all the problems but he is NOT the problem with the Texans. If you think about the fluke ways Texans lost, there's no way you can blame him...but I know I'm in the minority on that. Now, would I prefer Bill Cowher? You damn straight I would. But he's not available so Kubes is fine.

@Daddio, lmao man, no I havent seen him lately and I hope I don't. He's way more mature now at 28. I feel good about Leinart....
Satin is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:40 PM   #309
TheDon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I do not believe it is quite as simple as "hand the ball off and throw check down passes." It sounds good but at the end of the day it is much more than that. I believe it is just as much about being able to read the defenses and knowing when, where and how to deliver the ball. Those are the intangibles that Schaub seems to be very good at. Those type of intangibles will not show up in the weekly stat sheets. There is no way to know if Leinart will be as good. More often than not, Schaub is able to deliver the ball in the right place and at the right time. To think that Leinart will be able to step in and perform at Schaub's level is a far reach at this point in time. At least it is for me!
I'll say this, most of what Mark Sanchez has done in the last two post seasons is hand the ball of and make check down passes, and he's gotten to the AFC tittle game twice doing so. Our defense might not be as good as those Jets team, but our running game is. It might be boring and underwhelming, but I say we stay conservative, for the most part.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:07 PM   #310
Daddio
Valued Poster

Encounters: 66

Kubes and Smith have done a real nice job assembling the roster.

If we make the playoffs, Kubes is good for at least another year. McNair would probably even extend him further if he not already locked in to several more years. If we don't make the playoffs all of us will be in total melt down mode and no telling what would happen.

Satin, Cowher has been my first choice all along too. I have grown to like Gruden even more also as I dig his QB training stuff on ESPN, you can tell he can get his point accross real well to young guys he puts on the spot.

Satin, If you see Matty, get him taken care of quickly and hustle him back to Reliant to study and practice.
Daddio is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #311
DEAR_JOHN
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don91 View Post
I'll say this, most of what Mark Sanchez has done in the last two post seasons is hand the ball of and make check down passes, and he's gotten to the AFC tittle game twice doing so.
I think he did a bit more than hand off in this game. Check it out at about the 2:30 mark. The 50 yard pass completion with about 20 seconds left almost put me in my grave. I know the pass defense was terrible, but he still had to make the plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOdOs...eature=related
DEAR_JOHN is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #312
TheDon
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN View Post
I think he did a bit more than hand off in this game. Check it out at about the 2:30 mark. The 50 yard pass completion with about 20 seconds left almost put me in my grave. I know the pass defense was terrible, but he still had to make the plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOdOs...eature=related
I think Sanchez can play, no doubt, he can throw down the field if he wanted to. But that game wasn't in the post season. In the playoffs the last two years, they have been really conservative on offense, and it's worked out great for them. Just a blueprint the Texans can go off in my opinion.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:52 PM   #313
BigLouie
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I hope Leinart will be very successful but I believe the best we can hope for would be 1 or 2 wins in the playoffs.
If we get 2 wins in the playoffs we will be in the Super Bowl. I'll take that.

You really need to read what team mates are saying about Leinart. Eric Winston was a lot of good things to say about the effort Matt has put into learning the system and being ready. No one feels there is going to be any drop off at all. Eric also point out that teams are already putting 8 in the box, how's that working out?

Let me point out that of the 6 remaining games in 4 of them the QB is a rookie. If our defense can't totally stuff a rookie we should not be in the playoffs. The Bengals just lost their best receiver and defensive player. Cam is throwing for lots of yards but their defense couldn't stop an old lady in a wheel chair. I say we go 5-1 or 60, take home field all the way through.
BigLouie is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:18 PM   #314
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
If we get 2 wins in the playoffs we will be in the Super Bowl. I'll take that.

You really need to read what team mates are saying about Leinart. Eric Winston was a lot of good things to say about the effort Matt has put into learning the system and being ready. No one feels there is going to be any drop off at all. Eric also point out that teams are already putting 8 in the box, how's that working out?

Let me point out that of the 6 remaining games in 4 of them the QB is a rookie. If our defense can't totally stuff a rookie we should not be in the playoffs. The Bengals just lost their best receiver and defensive player. Cam is throwing for lots of yards but their defense couldn't stop an old lady in a wheel chair. I say we go 5-1 or 60, take home field all the way through.
I hope you're right, my friend!

If so, I will gladly buy the first couple of rounds!!!!!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #315
gnadfly
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLouie View Post
Chatter started by fry cooks from McDonald's.
Nope, the chatter I saw was attributed to Kubiak and the Texans staff. Now it may be coach speak but not a fry cook speak.
gnadfly is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women