Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 399
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 268
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70492
biomed161114
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453051
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47798
pyramider46370
bambino40458
CryptKicker37108
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 12-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #16
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

I 've never seen this show. But, I hope everyone realizes Duck Dynasty like just about every reality show is just a big put on. The only real truth to the Robertson Family is they really do make Duck Calls, and the setting is Northeast, Louisiana in a small family oriented Agricultural town of West Monroe. They are far from a bunch of long bearded backwoods illiterate hicks. Their Duck Call business consists of about twenty workers. They have an actual production site with a modern warehouse and their business is worth about 2.6 Million a year. In reality, no pun intended, they are preppy, clean cut, wealthy guys who make Duck Calls. If the show is taken off the air a new crock of shit reality show will take it's place for the simple minded fucks who think that shit is legit. Besides for all anyone knows maybe this fiasco was a way for the Robertson's to dump the show and move on, so what if they did it with a little controversy.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #17
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

this isn't really about the Robertsons, it is about the knee jerk reation of A & E to placate the gay community. They didn't even wait for a reaction from the public.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #18
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Next....
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:46 PM   #19
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Bashir's remarks were premeditatedly scripted for a purported news broadcast -- not entertainment. There's supposed to be a different, higher standard for news shows. Robertson's remark was an unscripted response to a question in a personal interview and not as part and parcel of the show from which he was dismissed. Further, nothing Robertson said justified Huffy's vitriolic banner headline: "'Duck Dynasty' Star Makes Shockingly Vile Anti-Gay Comments."

The majority of Americans still reject homosexuality as a personal life style for themselves; in fact, some 40% still consider homosexuality "shockingly vile." Yet, "surprise, surprise," a religious southern man rejects homosexuality as a lifestyle and that becomes front page news. This whole issue is nothing more than lib-retarded hyperbole. It would have been a real story had Robertson said he endorsed homosexuality!

Finally, it took MSNBC almost two weeks before they acted to accept Bashir's "resignation" -- he never was "fired"; whereas, A&E acted within 24 hours and dismissed Phil Robertson. There's definitely bias there. A&E had the right to make that call as a business decision, but it appears the Robertsons are putting the screws to A&E. It appears that the Robertsons are telling A&E to accept the whole family with its inherent values, or they will go elsewhere. By doing this, the Robertsons are showing that their values are real and not affected for the superficial entertainment of others.
Spoken like a true homophobe!

I guess what's good for the goose ain't good for the duck, eh, Hershey Kiss?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #20
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
this isn't really about the Robertsons, it is about the knee jerk reation of A & E to placate the gay community. They didn't even wait for a reaction from the public.
I doubt the public really gives a shit. Especially the residence of West Monroe, La.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #21
Old-T
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by acp5762 View Post
I doubt the public really gives a shit. Especially the residence of West Monroe, La.
Amen to that!
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:54 AM   #22
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Bashir talked about (wished for) a violent disgusting act to be perpetrated against Palin...Robertson never wished for harm to anyone....
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 06:49 AM   #23
acp5762
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Bashir talked about (wished for) a violent disgusting act to be perpetrated against Palin...Robertson never wished for harm to anyone....
That's a dam good point. Pretty much concludes this stupid thread.
Old 12-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #24
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Quote:
I 've never seen this show. But, I hope everyone realizes Duck Dynasty like just about every reality show is just a big put on. The only real truth to the Robertson Family is they really do make Duck Calls, and the setting is Northeast, Louisiana in a small family oriented Agricultural town of West Monroe. They are far from a bunch of long bearded backwoods illiterate hicks. Their Duck Call business consists of about twenty workers. They have an actual production site with a modern warehouse and their business is worth about 2.6 Million a year. In reality, no pun intended, they are preppy, clean cut, wealthy guys who make Duck Calls. If the show is taken off the air a new crock of shit reality show will take it's place for the simple minded fucks who think that shit is legit. Besides for all anyone knows maybe this fiasco was a way for the Robertson's to dump the show and move on, so what if they did it with a little controversy.
I'm shocked. I thought it was just 4 guys sitting around a couple of desk tops turning out a gazillion duck calls a year.

I'm going to go back to something real. The Kardashions.
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #25
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
+1

A&E caved to a shrieking, vocal minority that doesn't even watch the show -- a shrieking, vocal minority that preposterously and fallaciously demands that its views be seen and accepted as "mainstream" by the rest of society.

Quote:
Suspect many near West Monroe are outraged by what has happened. This article from Thursday: Facebook bans admin of new 'Boycott A&E' page for generating too much support

... and this article yesterday:

Chamber supports Phil Robertson and family

Posted: Dec 20, 2013 3:51 PM CST
Updated: Dec 20, 2013 3:51 PM CST

Source: AP
WEST MONROE, La. (KNOE 8 News) - The West Monroe-West Ouachita Chamber of Commerce is responding to the controversial remarks made by Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson during a GQ interview. 2014 Board of Director's Chair Staci Albritton Mitchell issued the following statement. The chamber was one of the major promoters of a "Very Commander Christmas" featuring the Robertson family.

Chamber statement:

"On behalf of the West Monroe-West Ouachita Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, we are proud to support Duck Commander, a Chamber of Commerce member. We are proud of the positive impact the Robertson family has had on West Monroe and the entire Northeast Louisiana region. Mr. Robertson is being criticized for stating his personal religious beliefs, and that is regrettable. We are pleased to see the family stand united in their support of one another. We look forward to working with them and other WMWO Chamber of Commerce members as we continue to make this area a wonderful place to do business and raise a family."

http://www.knoe.com/story/24275353/c...son-and-family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
+1
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #26
Guest123018-4
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Only a weak minded libtard would use this as a comparison.
Guest123018-4 is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #27
Old-T
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post

Your inability to discern between the role of journalism and purpose of entertainment TV is unfathomable. That that difference escapes you is not surprising.

Bashir's remarks were premeditatedly scripted: prescreened and approved by others before he went on the air. With malice aforethought, Bashir's remarks were the very definition of vile and disgusting.

The only thing Robertson did was agree to answer the questions honestly and without premeditated malice. GQ controlled every facet of the Robertson interview, except the honest answers. Bashir maliciously controlled everything he and his producers aired.

Suggest you direct your remarks towards GQ. For some reason, a reason unperceived by you, they were of the opinion Robertson was a worthy interview.

Who are you? The Miss Cleo of a SHMB? You're the one making unfounded assumptions and imagine to know the Robertson's "true feelings." The Robertsons stated why they are doing what they are doing; nevertheless, you mean to deny their pronounced intent without even a shred of substantive proof to support your contrary position.

A&E caved to a shrieking, vocal minority that doesn't even watch the show -- a shrieking, vocal minority that preposterously and fallaciously demands that its views be seen and accepted as "mainstream" by the rest of society.

Suspect many near West Monroe are outraged by what has happened. This article from Thursday: Facebook bans admin of new 'Boycott A&E' page for generating too much support

Source: AP
WEST MONROE, La. (KNOE 8 News) - The West Monroe-West Ouachita Chamber of Commerce is responding to the controversial remarks made by Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson during a GQ interview. 2014 Board of Director's Chair Staci Albritton Mitchell issued the following statement. The chamber was one of the major promoters of a "Very Commander Christmas" featuring the Robertson family.

Chamber statement:

"On behalf of the West Monroe-West Ouachita Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, we are proud to support Duck Commander, a Chamber of Commerce member.
As I have already posted, real journalism is almost non-existent any more. The ranting and flailing on Fox and CNN only pretend to be journalism. They are all entertainment, just as Quack Dynasty is.

All your vomitus rant is really saying is, "If they agree with me, they deserve to say what they want. If they are liberals, gag 'em!" Typical IBBS.

Am I surprised that Robertson's pals on the local CC would support him? Of course not.

Am I surprised that MSNBC and A&E both acted like scared wimps? No.

Am I surprised that RWWs like you can't see that it is free speech in both cases? Certainly not--you are IBBuffoon, a person who is convinced any RWW opinion needs to be defended and any LWW opinion needs to be censored.

By the way, where is your condemnation of Priest Bigot on this topic? Just wondering.

Here is the link in case you "just happened to miss it, even though you posted 2 slots below it. http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?...post1054739112

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
See comments above. Of course they are different in your mind--you agree with one but not the other.

BOTH of them should be able to say what they said, and live with the feedback--and I disagree with both of them.
Old-T is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #28
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-T View Post
As I have already posted, real journalism is almost non-existent any more. The ranting and flailing on Fox and CNN only pretend to be journalism. They are all entertainment, just as Quack Dynasty is.

All your vomitus rant is really saying is, "If they agree with me, they deserve to say what they want. If they are liberals, gag 'em!" Typical IBBS.

Am I surprised that Robertson's pals on the local CC would support him? Of course not.

Am I surprised that MSNBC and A&E both acted like scared wimps? No.

Am I surprised that RWWs like you can't see that it is free speech in both cases? Certainly not--you are IBBuffoon, a person who is convinced any RWW opinion needs to be defended and any LWW opinion needs to be censored.

By the way, where is your condemnation of Priest Bigot on this topic? Just wondering.

Here is the link in case you "just happened to miss it, even though you posted 2 slots below it.
You're the one doing the all of the ranting, Old-Twerp. Everything you've posted on this matter was soundly refuted so you launch into a tirade of name calling, Old-Twerp. You go right ahead and defend the cock-suckers, it befits you, Old-Twerp. So take your little rant and shove it up your ass, Old-Twerp. Martin Bashir is a pitifully poor imitation of an Eric Sevaried, while Phil Robertson is doing just fine as a modern day version of an Ozzie Nelson or a Steven Douglas. That you cannot see the difference just underscores the depth of your ignorance, Old-Twerp. Even CBJ7 understood that it was lib-retarded hyperbole, Old-Twerp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
a male redneck in his mid 60's had something derogatory to say about pecker puffers

I'M SHOCKED !!!
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #29
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2Dogs View Post
Speaking of weak minded....Don't you have some Pittsburgh Butt Buddies to protect somewhere?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #30
Priest Beast
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Thank God for aids!
Priest Beast is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women