Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 254
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70479
biomed161041
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453034
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47771
pyramider46370
bambino40446
CryptKicker37107
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 08-25-2013, 06:32 PM   #16
Stan.Dupp
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefnerd View Post
Interesting, apparently some people are unaware that both the UK and Canada rank higher on the healthcare quality lists than the US. Oh yeah, these are from this year, not almost a decade ago.

http://thepatientfactor.com/canadian...ealth-systems/

http://www.iom.edu/~/media/Files/Rep...spectiveRB.pdf
It's interesting you posted those links. I have a friend who has cancer. He cannot afford treatment here in the US and he does have health insurance. So he has been flying to London for his treatments, which cost him significantly less, and has been very effective. There was some guy who needed a hip replacement on the news not too long ago, that after shopping around here in the US realized that getting the hip he needed was so costly he couldn't afford it, but he also found through research that medical malpractice and rate of infection was much higher in the US. So he ended up going to a different country for his surgery and care. He said he had excellent care and recovered quickly for 1/2 the cost it would have been here in the US.

Here is an article that talks about US consumers and the vague pricing of medical care in hospitals in the US.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50748682/n...k-finding-out/
Stan.Dupp is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #17
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

It also appears that medical tourism is currently big business and still growing. Looking at the cost differentials, I can see why.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2100489_1.html
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #18
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Encounters: 67

these fools keep spouting tea wipe talking points, ad nauseum.

remember where this all came from.

And these guys follow that human flotsam.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:12 AM   #19
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
these fools keep spouting tea wipe talking points, ....
if you are referring to members of the "Tea Party" ... I've never personally met a person who I knew to be a "Tea Party" member... I'm sure you've met plenty of them ....

but over the past 30 years or so I have met a lot of people who have needed serious and expensive medical treatment and would not have been able to afford it without health insurance that would provide for the treatment they needed. I have also met a substantial number of elderly people who were relying on medicare to provide them with the care they needed, for which they were denied or only provided lesser treatment that was along the lines of simply keeping them "comfortable" until they died.

I recognize that some on here (maybe one or two) believe (or at least state in posts) that the older people in our society ought to be "allowed" to die as opposed to providing them treatment that will sustain their life at an acceptable quality level ...

.... but personally, as for me, I do not believe in .... euthanasia for "elderly" people who get sick or develop life threatening conditions ... although I do realize the concept might fit into those posters' respective "estate planning schemes" for their aging family members.

It is strange to see so many "young people" living off their parents and other older family members while we see so many other "young people" who champion a "health care plan" that will result in minimal health care for their aging family members who provided them with years of education and sustenance while they were "maturing" (or at least getting older) by the taxes they paid while stashing back money for their retirement and their "CHILDRENS'" futures.

If that is considered "tea wipe" talking points ....

.... then euthanasia is the Liberals' "SOLUTION" to the rising costs of health care. YR, are you a Liberal?
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 05:36 AM   #20
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
YR, are you a Liberal?
LL, are you a Democrat?
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #21
Yssup Rider
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
See how long it will take you to find those in 2014, 2015, 2016, etc.

Then how long it takes for the doc to pull up your records then?
One of the more outrageous and foolish lies ever uttered about ACA. HIT is at the center of reduced waste and increased efficiency. EHR already reducing costs and improving health.

where do you guys come up with this stuff? Honestly I think the right wingnuts are so programmed with TeaParty talking points they are unable to think for themselves anymore.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:19 AM   #22
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Honestly I think the right wingnuts are so programmed with TeaParty talking points they are unable to think for themselves anymore.
Anymore?...more like "ever". They can't do simple math , much less figure out the cost associated with health care. LLiar wants pay in x into medicare and pull out x + y. And then bitch that liberals aren't caring...he sounds like somebody wanting something for very little. This si called liberal cares about cost and sustainability. LL seems to want others to pay for end of life care.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:46 PM   #23
Yssup Rider
BANNED

I think these folks are getting EVERYTHING they want. which is the freedom to whine, cry, oiss and moan.

Aren't you glad you're Americans, Teawipes?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women